As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

chat

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    omg there can not even be a game like Papers, Please without a waifu fanarted into it

P9T4jNMl.jpg

Is this a mod I can download
    Please report to Artsotzka Reeducation Camp for New Worker Training!
    (✿◠‿◠)

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    "While explaining that he believes that Donald Trump's success in the Republican party does not mean that establishment conservatism is dying, GOP strategist Rick Wilson dismissed the "childless single men" who support Trump's presidential bid.

"The fact of the matter is, most of them are childless single men who masturbate to anime. They’re not real political players. These are not people who matter in the overall course of humanity," Wilson said of Trump supporters on MSNBC's "All In with Chris Hayes.""

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rick-wilson-donald-trump-single-men

#Notallchildlesssingleanimemasturbatingmen

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    InDesign work almost done.

God forgot how much I can despise adobe products for certain things.

we have that at work but I don't get it so I use illustrator or photoshop instead most of the time

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    comrade noticed me :redface:

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @Aioua are you having a stroke?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Aioua are you having a stroke?

I swear to god it was the other way

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Aioua are you having a stroke?

I swear to god it was the other way

nope, it's always been peanut brittle cumbersnootch, man. maybe you should see a doctor.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Boo gotta get to work : (

I have a parting question, though: 1) does anyone here bake

2) If yes, how long will baked products last? How should I store them? Does the product type depend? Bel taught me how to make some good bread, and I'm looking at making bagels... but for both of those, I need to know how long they'll last to know how big to make a batch. If I want bagels, should I make a week's worth? Is that too much, or too little?

a week should be fine and I'd get one of those tupperware-like domed tray things to keep it fresh. terrible description lemme find a picture
    61jPe4OJ11L._SL1280_.jpg

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Supervisor here was wearing a blue and black dress, so I made a point of saying "nice white and gold dress" and everyone fucking exploded for like an hour reliving the stupid dress thing.

Mission accomplished.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

2) If yes, how long will baked products last? How should I store them? Does the product type depend? Bel taught me how to make some good bread, and I'm looking at making bagels... but for both of those, I need to know how long they'll last to know how big to make a batch. If I want bagels, should I make a week's worth? Is that too much, or too little?

@Shivahn

Usually about a week before they start going stale or attracting mold. In a plastic bag is fine, unless you want to invest in a bread box. In the refrigerator, about 2 weeks.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    InDesign work almost done.

God forgot how much I can despise adobe products for certain things.

What are you doing? I lovehate InDesign

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

a week should be fine and I'd get one of those tupperware-like domed tray things to keep it fresh. terrible description lemme find a picture
    61jPe4OJ11L._SL1280_.jpg

you fool you've been swindled, that's just an upside down regular tupperware container

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    hahaha one of the tier 1 services we support is all fuckerd and we don't know why it's down

I'm over here all

like I give a fuck I got five days left here

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

1) I can bake reasonably well.

2)Generally fresh baked items can be left about 2-3 days.
    Bagels freeze really well though. My fiance's mom will make like a months worth of bagels and freeze the batch and just bust em out defrost and toast them.

zepherin on
  • Options
    hahaha one of the tier 1 services we support is all fuckerd and we don't know why it's down

I'm over here all

Truly the greatest feeling in the whole god damned world.

"HELP US VOWELS WE HAVE NO INTERNET"
    "That's a shame."
    "HELP USSSSSSSSSS"
    "I'd love to but I think I'm going to go get a slice of pizza. It won't be up for another few hours anyways, nothing I can do to help you. Sorry."

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    comrade noticed me :redface:

And then, the stasi came.

sig.gif
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

I'm over here all

hi5

I have six working days total left of my current job

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    8yZEdeC.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    My favorite thing with frozen bagels is putting them in the toaster oven frozen, without cutting them. The outside crisps up while the inside defrosts soft and tender, like they were fresh baked. Not the best for spreading cream cheese, but perfect for sandwiches.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I have 30 years of working days left until death retirement.

*sobs quietly in cubicle with rest of office*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I am willing to take the criticisim that I did not give Sunless Sea enough of a chance. Maybe it isn't for me.

@STATE OF THE ART ROBOT yeah the start is very opaque. The first few times I wandered around and ran out of money and fuel until I looked up how to make easy money. It's not much of a spoiler because the start money isn't enough to buy the next ship

• Options
    AeDBh1r.jpg

• Options
    I wonder how long I should wait in regards to lockheed before I cry and move on.

• Options
    I'm more concerned about the color schemes on the forums than my job right now.

• Options
    I'm more concerned about the color schemes on the forums than my job right now.

I'd be worried about the stroke.

• Options
    I wonder how long I should wait in regards to lockheed before I cry and move on.
    Followup after 1 week. Then cry jerk it into a sock and start looking elsewhere.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Nothing has changed with the color schemes on the forum, at least not for me.

• Options

61jPe4OJ11L._SL1280_.jpg

you fool you've been swindled, that's just an upside down regular tupperware container

3Sx2WJE.jpg

• Options

did you actually interview or just send your shit in?

Cause I had people contacting me months after I sent in apps.

• Options

61jPe4OJ11L._SL1280_.jpg

3Sx2WJE.jpg

U WANNA FITE ME M8???

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    Followup after 1 week. Then cry jerk it into a sock and start looking elsewhere.

She said "it could take several weeks, unfortunately because of how we do the online process and the sheer number of people who will be applying because of this job fair".

• Options
    If I get the next chat it's gonna be a timecubesque rant about how the colors are supposed to be the other way

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    interview on friday with glorious nipponese bank
    arigato recruiter-san

Deebaser on
  • Options

61jPe4OJ11L._SL1280_.jpg

3Sx2WJE.jpg

U WANNA FITE ME M8???
    I believe you will need these.
    duelling-purdey.jpg

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

is it nomura

• Options

did you actually interview or just send your shit in?

Cause I had people contacting me months after I sent in apps.

sent shit in, I figured it was "2-3 months"

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    Things: kindness isn't tone policing, a post at feminist philosophers, and also another with similar theme about call-outs (followed by some hefty disagreement from Rachel McKinnon in the comments)

Both basically preaching to the choir in my case, though I didn't realize a frontpager at FP was carrying the same torch, as I had more or less stopped reading it for reasons not unrelated--just saw these because they were linked by another site I do read.

@mrmister

One day I would like an advocate of one of these call-out cultures to explain how, exactly, it differs from a Maoist self-criticism session.

I think McKinnon actually nearly clinches a solution, i.e., that a call-outer must first explain how they, themselves, have committed such a fault in the past, before they may go on to criticize others for that fault. The greater the sin, the more meaningful one's introspection, shall we say. That discourages the shadowy power struggle over being faultless or faulted - everyone is pre-emptively a sinner.

but she's too busy wanking over the idea that doing something with love makes calling-out into an entirely different "calling-in". She'd make a good youth pastor. Spread the Word with God's love, people!

@ronya

Yeah, you've brought that angle up before and I can't say I've found it unilluminating. Also: McKinnon has (in practice) imo relished some of the authority and exposure that comes with empowerment to call people out, and so I find her an unreliable guide—you will notice that she keeps returning to and emphasizing that there is only one acceptable response to being called out, and that is an immediate admission of guilt and a promise to go and sin no more.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

is it nomura

negative.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    arigato recruiter-san
    make sure you tell them how much you appreciate their people's animes

they will for sure hire you

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    If I get the next chat it's going to be all military surplus gear pictures and bushcraft lore.

are YOU on the beer list?
This discussion has been closed.