Options

Hellgate†London: It's out. Why aren't you playing it?

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My account is currently badged for:

*Beta Tester

Oh yeah.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Which server for multiplayer? Or can you switch around?

LockeCole on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Which server for multiplayer? Or can you switch around?

Pretty sure Shulgoth was decided for the one PA'ers should use.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Shulgoth. Abbadon doesn't seem to exist after the patch, though some say they've seen it in the list...

Doronron on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Shulgoth it is, Danke.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man, I've been too busy with work to play this since beta. Also gamestop messed up my shipping for the CE so I just broke down and went to the store and bought one. CE box is teh awesome.

Couple things:

I tend to avoid physical effect spells and equipment, they seem to be effected by armor, but I'm not sure if they will eventually buff resistances to mobs later so that might only take you so far in endgame. Having a range of damage types tends to work very well (evokers are very nice for this). Fire and Spectral are really good effects to have, with toxic being 2nd.

Engineers: Give your drone a gun (i prefer a rocket launcher), he'll attack via ranged and therefore not get stomped on all the time.

As an evoker, dual wield focus is your friend since it boosts your power on all spells. Upgrade both and you will be killing everything, any mods or effects on your focus items apply to your spells as well so with the right setup you are clearing rooms with relative ease. Also, swarm is your god. Its like a room full of bees in your pocket.

I'm currently a lvl 6 summoner since i haven't had much time to play release, i think i might switch back to an evoker since the elemental nerf kinda killed a lot of fun. Rushing a room and seeing everything die from your summons was pretty cool. Although I managed to kill shulgoth (at lvl 6) with some nice luck items and got some mad awesome drops (2 legendaries and a crapload of blues) then completed the mini game by killing him with another crapload of blues. I sat there for 5 min just sorting out equipment.

intelnavi on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So if its their "average power" 100 Power Slow = 100 Power Fast?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    JextJext Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm really enjoying the game so far, only got a few more quests to do before the game is beaten on normal.

Hearing my friends squeal in joy after getting some uber items in nightmare mode didn't make the future less exciting either.

I have to admit that the game could use a bit more polish though. And i'd kill to have the old chat box back. Noone seems to use the new intrusive system and it makes it feel less like a multiplayer experience.

Jext on
  • Options
    fogeymanfogeyman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So if its their "average power" 100 Power Slow = 100 Power Fast?
    No, if you have a weapon with "power" 100 at slow attack speed, your DPS will be much lower than a weapon with "power" 100 at fast attack speed.

Fast versus slow. The average power doesn't take into account attack speed, only damage per swing.

fogeyman on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Physical memory exhausted. The Application will now close.

Really...?

What is it, 1995 again? Does the application think I have 8mb of Ram?

/sigh

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    GoingIncognitoGoingIncognito Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I found this tonight:

heraslance.JPG

My Engineer is very happy with his newfound destructive power of five-star uniqueness :mrgreen:

GoingIncognito on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, so, I've been playing Hellgate as a Guardian, and if anyone wants Zombot pieces... seriously, my stash is full of nothing but Zombot pieces.

Please send Balen a message in game and get your free Zombot pieces before I have to start trashing them.

Edit: If I'm not on Balen when you log on, leave me a PM here and we can try to work something out. I've got about 12 zombots worth of parts.

(So many zombot organs)

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    How does it compare to Diablo II?

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    To me, it's diablo advanced a couple thousand years in terms of the technology used by the characters you're playing.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I found this tonight:

heraslance.JPG

My Engineer is very happy with his newfound destructive power of five-star uniqueness :mrgreen:

I want.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I got a spare zombot ticker if anyone needs. i know they are like the most rare to find.

just send me a PM, and i can give it to you tomorrow anytime on Aristae.

Time for sleep.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just picked this up tonight, and am all patched up and ready to give it a wirl. Have absolutely no clue what/how I want ot play this so I think I'll make a guardian and a marksman and see what's what. Will pop in the vent channel in a bit and see if anyone's around as well (I hear there's a PA guild already?).

Kass on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Doronron wrote: »
    Woo! Finally got my copy.. currently defragging my HD before I install it.

My account is flagged for

Alpha Tester
    Beta Tester
    Collector's Edition Registration Key
    Eligible for Founder's Offer
    PC Gamer Coco Moko Pet
    Lava Dye Kit
    Wasp Dye Kit

Although the Alpha Tester bit is kind of a lie.

Mine is:

Beta
    CE
    Founder's
    Lifetime Sub
    Coco Moko
    Biohazard
    Lava
    Wasp
    Royal

Neat stuff. Interested in seeing what other badged are developed as this thing evolves.

How many places did you preorder from?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    According to that list, all of them.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I finally got around to picking up my CE today, Damn my busy work schedule. Is anyone else having one hell of a time getting zombot blood? I've got a ticker and the BP, and over a dozen organs, but I've only found 14 of the blood, and my engineer is level 6 or 7 now.

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Somethings been bugging me about the mini game or whatever it's referred to. How does it trigger once everything has counted down to zero. Sometimes it seems to be instantaneous after all 3 hit zero, others it seems to take a few minutes. Also, I don't think I've figured out what the medieval looking helm one needs for it to count down.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dashui wrote: »
    I found this tonight:

heraslance.JPG

I want.

So Hera is the greek god of thunder and lightning? Really? Guess I need to check up on my greek mytholog- OH WAIT!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    so were any of the issues from the beta/demo addressed?

lackluster soundtrack, terrible choice of environment, etc?

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    so were any of the issues from the beta/demo addressed?

lackluster soundtrack, terrible choice of environment, etc?

Well of course.

You know, in the days between the demo/beta ending and retail they wrote and performed an entirely new score and the development team totally revamped all the zones and graphics in the whole game.

yep.

:roll:

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    hurr, i address issues when i don't know what i'm talking about.

there was some talk awhile back about the possibility of tilesets being left out, as well as a portion of the soundtrack, during beta/demo.

so don't be a dick.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Don't be a dipshit and I won't be a dick.

Pretty simple.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Someone tell me there are at least two tilesets I didn't see by just playing the beta to 18.

Just two. Please.

JAEF on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yes.

devoir on
  • Options
    RhonynRhonyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    oh man, i am getting rid of this game. It makes me more motion sick than any other game I have played, period.

This is really quite sad for me, because i honestly wanted to enjoy this game.

Rhonyn on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Someone speak to me about engineers.

The bots seem like a totally mixed bag. Does Construct Drone ever get very good? As it stands now it's just a meatshield (a very weak one) that I have to heal in between shots. And the Rocket Drone really doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. It's fairly confusing.

I'm about to just bail on engineering and go marksman and focus on innate skills and the AoE attacks.

And while I'm here; for a Summoner, the demon summons, can you only have one out at a time? Like a Carnagor OR Witch Doctor? Or can you have all of them out? Because the answer to this question is going to determine whether I roll a Summoner or an Evoker.

P.S. the museum was fun as all get out. Dozens of mobs at a time makes a Guardian fill with glee!

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    You have to invest more skill points into the Drone tree. Engineers have up to 3(iirc) bots out, which are your Rocket bots, Inhibitor bots, etc., and a drone. The drone doesn't become more than a meatshield until you get the Gun Retrofit, which allows it to equip a gun, so long as it has the stats to use it. I'm not sure about Sword Retrofit or the Gyroblade, but it really started to kick ass once I was able to give it a gun.

The medpack and shield generator retrofit skills are shit, don't even use them. You do want Repair Drone though so you can make it tank and attempt to survive for a bit longer.

The rocket bots shoot rockets. I think it's only one rocket per volley until you put more points into it, so it's not really powerful, just some added damage.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    ScynixScynix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Basically, drone engineering only becomes good when you commit to it. Get the armor mod, raise the skill. At the moment my drone (I'm 19 now, almost 20) has a little over 1.1k HP with skills + armor that gives my minions +hp.

The drone is ... well, frankly, as you said, a mixed bag. I don't see any point to using guns on it. It's simply too suicidal for its own good. I've gotten in the habit of using gyroblades (not the skill, the gun-melee weapon like a mower blade) for it's gun. Since then, it mows through enemies, but it gets wrecked pretty badly when surrounded.

You have to be reasonable about it's tanking in order to understand it's functionality. It's not meant to replace a guardian. It's meant to be like, a back up. You can use it as a psuedo better than Guardian tank, but it takes babysitting and honestly, I'd rather just let it suicidally fight while I mow everything down then replace it after I've cleared the room.

I have three gripes with drones:
    1) They still consume weapons. Matter of fact, I just logged out half an hour ago and forgot to take my latest gyroblade off him, so it's gone.
    2) You have NO CONTROL over the drone. You can get tactical mode, which would probably make guns more feasible, if you're willing to babysit switching it into tactical mode, and even then I don't see it doing more damage then you do at range. I'd rather put the points into another skill.
    3) IT'S UGLY. I've known this all along, 5 minutes after starting my beta character, but to this moment, I can't get over how ugly it is. Armor doesn't change it's look, ever. It doesn't upgrade it's look, ever. They took out the 'varied drone models' from earlier in the game (alpha?) so you are stuck with the floating face with stars for engines. As odd as it sounds, this is my biggest gripe. I simply don't enjoy seeing my drone. I have no compassion for the little suicidal bastard.

Scynix on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Thanks guys. I think that answers most of my engineer questions. I think I might just go with a marksman. Less fuss more pew pew. :(

Does anyone know about the Summoner demon thing?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is the online multiplayer up and going?

I'm very, very tempted to pick this up today or tomorrow, funds considering.

As in, very tempted.

Kami on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Kami wrote: »
    Is the online multiplayer up and going?

I'm very, very tempted to pick this up today or tomorrow, funds considering.

As in, very tempted.

I've been kicking ass for the lord online and in groups for way to many hours already.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well happy hour and I went shopping drunk and picked up the CE since it was the only one they had (got bioshock for the 360 for 40 bucks as well). Played a bit of single player and it ran like total ass on my barely spec machine but after MP patch ran better. It's 3:30am here so I guess that's a positive. Some dude partied with me and kinda helped me out. I have no idea what I'm doing and the inventory management is a pain in the ass. I don't like the direct rip of wow quest system much because it shows how much more polished wow is but I'll give it a chance. Tons of mindless slaughter. It took my CC info but only gives me 4 slots not sure what's up with that. The art direction pales next to Diablo 2 (which I'm in the midst of a bad case of) and I really need a better computer but I'm in. I think there is this 3d graphics computer game look that is very hard to escape (wow is the only one I can think of, this game has a SWG vibe). In any case I'm gonna drop wow which I haven't played for ages and get a scrip and see how it goes. Someone shoot me if I drop a grand on new pc crap tommorow. I have a shooter named Snapchip and a swordsman named Thresh Socket. If I get Bonedrinker I'm gonna look into the founders package.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Im loving this game so far, only just finished act 2 but enjoying every minute of it.

Im still not quite sure about some of the weapon abilities and what they actually do though, is there a list somewhere explaining the attributes?

Prime on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I finally got around to picking up my CE today, Damn my busy work schedule. Is anyone else having one hell of a time getting zombot blood? I've got a ticker and the BP, and over a dozen organs, but I've only found 14 of the blood, and my engineer is level 6 or 7 now.

I thought I was the only one. I've read that people are having trouble with tickers and blueprints...I've got spares of those, but I can't get enough blood. If I could pool my characters' stuff together, sure.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'd love to help you guys having trouble with blood and tickers and everything, but fuck FUCK! my main man Balen is unaccessable. Everytime I try to log in to him (and only him) I get Error: Unknown error from server.

It even happens when I try to play him with a separate computer. So... pissed... off.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've had enough componants to build five zombots so far, and I'm over halfway towards completeing my sixth. (That might be four completed with a fifth on the way.. I lost count)

Undead Scottsman on
This discussion has been closed.