Options

[steam] thread: Aliens. Superhereos. Mayo. Games for all!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    So I blame @destroyah87 for a lot of things. Iron Brigade runs going bad. Getting me hooked on Subnautica. Life in general.

nys2v2bxk0j1.jpg

Well now I have something to blame him for. Thanks Destroyah! With this Bio and Chem homework this math will be downright relaxing. Also I'm a weirdo Liberal Arts major that also went for a Mathematics minor.

Also, Firewatch hype.

• Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    UseR2006 wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    If anyone wants Gunslinger or Grow Home from that Ubi bundle on Steam, hit me up, bought the bundle mainly for AC China.

Also have Uplay code for Blacklist, FC4, and Rayman Origins.

I'll grab FC4 if you still have it. Missed it when it came out.

It's actually FC3, @UseR2006 sorry.

In my defense, the numbers are next to each other.

Hahahaha, figured it would be to good to be true ;) It's cool.
    I dont need it then.

Thanks anyway! :D

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Firewatch hype indeed. It's been a while since I had a relatively blind day-one purchase, it might be time to rest the clock

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I honestly don't believe the effort that some of you will go to try and find a person, or the fact that you people are more than just a little awesome for remembering me.

But I guess I owe you guys a bit of an explanation.

First off, I'm not dead. (I is a kitteh remember? We haz nine lives. :biggrin: )

Back near the end of 2014, well... my grandmother was doing poorly, as some of you might have remembered. She passed back in February of 2015. We were really close, and well... it was a mess for a while there. Things really solidly went to blazes, and I fell into a damned rut of depression that I couldn't get myself out of for a long time due to familial craziness. Things... were not fun for a long time, and I didn't feel like doing much of anything but binge-watching Netflix and trying to write while just existing. I haven't been that deep in a damned rut in years, and yet I just wanted to be alone, away from the crazy that things had turned into, and, well, to be honest... I've never been one for drama, or for bringing in things for people to worry about- because hey, it's my life and I can deal with it, you know?

Over the past few months, I've been trying to get back into the swing of things- you know, ease back into things and try to find that passion for living, for gaming, for everything, you know? Trying to get back to the way things were back during 2014, and I was my happy-go-kitteh self... and then my uncle got rushed to the hospital just last week for a pulmonary embolism, and the crazy threatened to suck me right back in, because apparently I'm not allowed to have a year without someone in the family having terrible health luck.

So, here I was, just searching through Netflix for something to do when all of a sudden, well... I get a text from someone I haven't talked to in years- saying that "Hey, sorry to bother you, but someone from Penny Arcade's Steam Thread contacted me on Facebook and wanted to know if you're all right. He said his name was @SmokeStacks ."

I haven't checked my Facebook since, well... years and years. To be honest, I'd had to reformat the lappy and had just, well... never come around to reinstalling Steam. I have an external hard drive that's been sitting around for a year looking for a purpose.

(By the way, sorry for the big wall of drama, it appears I've forgotten how to cat forum. I can't remember how to make a spoiler tag.)

I'm trying to get back to myself. I don't know how long it's going to take, but... dammit, you guys are awesome and if I had the resources I'd bury you all under Isy-sized giftpiles with the Gift-A-Pult and the assistance of several feline divisions just for still thinking of me.

I haven't re-installed Steam yet. I'm planning on it, but... I think I have to learn how to set up an external hard drive first because I have 2 TB of space to fill on it and I'm, well... not sure how to do that.

I'll try to make an effort to be around, but... it just depends on the day, and how I'm feeling. So please, no massive piles of surprise yet- why not go bomb Pixie (Yes, I -almost- went there... :P ) Smoke for being a really, really cool guy and worrying about some cat who honestly thought it'd be too awkward to just show up again after trying to pull himself out of a mental rut the size of the Marianas Trench?

Just one more thing:

Thank you. If you ever, ever need someone to vouch for how awesome you are, look no further. (Or I have hordes of cats who would do it for a sack of cheezburgers. Your call.)

I'm going to be okay, I think. It just takes time. You can stop worrying and focus on more important things now, like the next sale and stuff.

I need to get the Gift-A-Pult serviced, anyways. It's been sitting out in the yard for a while now... covered in snow... maybe I ought to get one of those punkin-chunkin airguns instead...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    It is nice to know you are okay dude.
    Also if you do install Steam please redeem the gift that has been stuck in my inventory for well over a year now heh. :biggrin:

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I think one of the things I disliked about AC3 is I found the setting very boring from an AC gameplay standpoint.

It's all forests and small towns. The conflict of the revolutionary war is much more interesting than the actual setting.

when i see people reference things as AC my first thought is that their talking about armored core. ive played a number of the assassins creed games and enjoyed them and its been many years since ive played an enjoyable armored core, but thats still my instinctual first thought.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I honestly don't believe the effort that some of you will go to try and find a person, or the fact that you people are more than just a little awesome for remembering me.

But I guess I owe you guys a bit of an explanation.

First off, I'm not dead. (I is a kitteh remember? We haz nine lives. :biggrin: )

Back near the end of 2014, well... my grandmother was doing poorly, as some of you might have remembered. She passed back in February of 2015. We were really close, and well... it was a mess for a while there. Things really solidly went to blazes, and I fell into a damned rut of depression that I couldn't get myself out of for a long time due to familial craziness. Things... were not fun for a long time, and I didn't feel like doing much of anything but binge-watching Netflix and trying to write while just existing. I haven't been that deep in a damned rut in years, and yet I just wanted to be alone, away from the crazy that things had turned into, and, well, to be honest... I've never been one for drama, or for bringing in things for people to worry about- because hey, it's my life and I can deal with it, you know?

Over the past few months, I've been trying to get back into the swing of things- you know, ease back into things and try to find that passion for living, for gaming, for everything, you know? Trying to get back to the way things were back during 2014, and I was my happy-go-kitteh self... and then my uncle got rushed to the hospital just last week for a pulmonary embolism, and the crazy threatened to suck me right back in, because apparently I'm not allowed to have a year without someone in the family having terrible health luck.

So, here I was, just searching through Netflix for something to do when all of a sudden, well... I get a text from someone I haven't talked to in years- saying that "Hey, sorry to bother you, but someone from Penny Arcade's Steam Thread contacted me on Facebook and wanted to know if you're all right. He said his name was @SmokeStacks ."

I haven't checked my Facebook since, well... years and years. To be honest, I'd had to reformat the lappy and had just, well... never come around to reinstalling Steam. I have an external hard drive that's been sitting around for a year looking for a purpose.

(By the way, sorry for the big wall of drama, it appears I've forgotten how to cat forum. I can't remember how to make a spoiler tag.)

I'm trying to get back to myself. I don't know how long it's going to take, but... dammit, you guys are awesome and if I had the resources I'd bury you all under Isy-sized giftpiles with the Gift-A-Pult and the assistance of several feline divisions just for still thinking of me.

I haven't re-installed Steam yet. I'm planning on it, but... I think I have to learn how to set up an external hard drive first because I have 2 TB of space to fill on it and I'm, well... not sure how to do that.

I'll try to make an effort to be around, but... it just depends on the day, and how I'm feeling. So please, no massive piles of surprise yet- why not go bomb Pixie (Yes, I -almost- went there... :P ) Smoke for being a really, really cool guy and worrying about some cat who honestly thought it'd be too awkward to just show up again after trying to pull himself out of a mental rut the size of the Marianas Trench?

Just one more thing:

Thank you. If you ever, ever need someone to vouch for how awesome you are, look no further. (Or I have hordes of cats who would do it for a sack of cheezburgers. Your call.)

I'm going to be okay, I think. It just takes time. You can stop worrying and focus on more important things now, like the next sale and stuff.

I need to get the Gift-A-Pult serviced, anyways. It's been sitting out in the yard for a while now... covered in snow... maybe I ought to get one of those punkin-chunkin airguns instead...

@JaysonFour Really glad to hear you are doing okay though all that stuff happening sounds understandably terrible. I hope it all comes together again for you and look forward to seeing you around the forum when you feel like it.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    UseR2006 wrote: »
    Also Thankyou @Lindsay Lohan for Never Alone!
    Been eyeing that one for a while so totally looking forward to playing it!

I don't know much about the game but every time I read the title I get a 90s Eurodance flashback so I giving the thread the chance to experience it as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQku_7MYI0

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    @JaysonFour, honestly man I thought you were dead, which is why I waited until now to make the last final press for info instead of last December. I was afraid to get that answer, but after seeing you mentioned again the other day I thought it would be better to know than not know, you know?

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother and your uncle. A lot of us are starting to get to the age where our older family members are running into the more serious medical problems that can arise, so if you ever want to vent, remember that you are not alone.
    I'll try to make an effort to be around, but... it just depends on the day, and how I'm feeling.

No biggie dude, take things at your own pace. The Steam Thread is eternal, we'll be here whenever you are ready.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    @JaysonFour -

Glad to know you're still out there, chap. Best to you, there's a lot of folks here who were worried.

Sorry for the loss of your grandmother. That's never easy. And for your uncle's pulmonary embolism, I can sympathize; my mum had one a couple of years back. She's okay but is on medication for the rest of her life to manage it.

Good to have you back. :)

Jazz on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Hey, @JaysonFour, would you like any of these?

- Civ IV
    - Portal
    - Nuclear Dawn
    - Cthulhu Saves the World
    - Bit.trip Runner
    - XCOM Enemy Unknown
    - Mighty Quest for Epic Loot x3
    - Gun Monkeys
    - Defence Grid + Containment DLC
    - Nuclear Throne
    - MGSV Ground Zeroes.

Anyone in this thread can request any of them.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I'm shocked no one has gone for Nuclear Throne yet Stormwatcher.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Everyone better already have it if no-one is asking for it. Vlambeer da best.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    In weird discount news, Helldivers is on sale this week for 30% off, the complete DLC pack is on sale for 50% off, Helldivers plus the complete DLC is on sale for 30% off, so avoid the combo and buy the game and DLC separate if you want to save some dough.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    In weird discount news, Helldivers is on sale this week for 30% off, the complete DLC pack is on sale for 50% off, Helldivers plus the complete DLC is on sale for 30% off, so avoid the combo and buy the game and DLC separate if you want to save some dough.

That's like some weird Bizarro inverse of the Bethesda pricing model.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    @JaysonFour

Good to see ya back mate!
    The scariest thing about you being gone [to me] was you suddenly commenting in the middle of my game of Pony Island.

EDIT: Holy Hell! I actually found a screenshot with you in it!
    F9E0B79731DB525668D15E185751A4F42D87C3EA

I figured quickly that the game takes your friends list and uses it against you.
    Which, out of 90 other people. JUST HAD TO BE YOU! Who never logged on!

XD

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Hey, JaysonFour, would you like any of these?

- Civ IV
    - Portal
    - Nuclear Dawn
    - Bit.trip Runner
    - XCOM Enemy Unknown
    - Gun Monkeys
    - Nuclear Throne
    - MGSV Ground Zeroes.

Thanks for Defense Grid, @Stormwatcher

By the way, someone should definitely get on Nuclear Throne, at least, from that list. It's really awesome and finally out of beta but there are some great games on that list.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    JaysonFour

The scariest thing about you being gone [to me] was you suddenly commenting in the middle of my game of Pony Island.
    I figured quickly that the game takes your friends list and uses it against you.

XD

Hahaha holy crap my eyes would've bulged out of my head. GG Pony Island

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Hey, @JaysonFour, would you like any of these?

- Civ IV
    - Portal
    - Nuclear Dawn
    - Bit.trip Runner
    - XCOM Enemy Unknown
    - Gun Monkeys
    - Nuclear Throne
    - MGSV Ground Zeroes.

Thanks for Defense Grid, @Stormwatcher

By the way, someone should definitely get on Nuclear Throne, at least, from that list. It's really awesome and finally out of beta but there are some great games on that list.

I would, but I have too many games to play including ones coming out three weeks in a row. My backlog is like Snorlax.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Consider this a placeholder post for a proper "gift get" post, but these people have been waiting the better part of sixteen, eighteen months for some thank-yous, and it's high time they got them. Also, apologies for no @ links, I'm horribly out of touch.

First off, thanks to Iolo for How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition. I'd make some comment about the game, but I have little to no memory of anything on my Steam library. It looks like something I'll end up giving a shot to, eventually.

Secondly, thanks to Maguano for Final Fantasy IV. This is the only SNES FF I've never beat- maybe this is the time, yeah?

Lastly (but not leastly), thanks to Isorn for Knights of Pen and Paper +1. I'm a tabletop nut, and I've been looking for things like this.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I've been going back and forth on whether I'd like XCOM, but I figure I can wait it out until summer. Watching TB play XCOM 2 made me curious, although I'm not sure I want to add more onto the backlog after making such good progress.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Is the expansion for Xcom something you should have when you start playing, or is it an after you beat the game expansion?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I'm a tabletop nut, and I've been looking for things like this.

oh god he said the T word, hit the deck

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Helldivers look sweet, but I got it for free (no DLC) on Vita... and I never have time for mp.
    Consider this a placeholder post for a proper "gift get" post, but these people have been waiting the better part of sixteen, eighteen months for some thank-yous, and it's high time they got them. Also, apologies for no @ links, I'm horribly out of touch.

First off, thanks to Iolo for How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition. I'd make some comment about the game, but I have little to no memory of anything on my Steam library. It looks like something I'll end up giving a shot to, eventually.

Secondly, thanks to Maguano for Final Fantasy IV. This is the only SNES FF I've never beat- maybe this is the time, yeah?

Lastly (but not leastly), thanks to Isorn for Knights of Pen and Paper +1. I'm a tabletop nut, and I've been looking for things like this.

Oh, Knights of Pen and Paper +1 was made by a Brazilian studio. I'm so proud about that.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Welp, I tried really, really hard to like Sonic Lost World but the game swings from awesome to "OH GOD WHAT WERE THEY THINKING" every other level. I find myself Youttubing boss fights and sequences because the game pulls new rules out of its ass, with those same videos containing comments of the same complaints.

Way to fuck up. This is the definition of polished turd. I beat it and deleted it with a vengeance.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    Is the expansion for Xcom something you should have when you start playing, or is it an after you beat the game expansion?

Either way works. Expansion adds enough new and interesting stuff that it feels like a different game, but it's also basically the same story so if you're not planning to replay it a few times you might as well start with the expac in.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Karoz wrote: »

Everyone better already have it if no-one is asking for it. Vlambeer da best.

I mean I'm guilty of not owning it yet but I've been on the receiving end of so much class I want others to have a go. Plus I already have a huge backlog I need to work on whittling down.

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular

I already had something like 100+ hours in Enemy Unknown by the time Enemy Within came out... and it breathed a couple hundred more hours' of life into the game for me.

It adds two whole new progression trees for your soldiers to advance through (gene mods and MEC troopers), adds EXALT into the mix and a few other fun events during the campaign.

I'd say if you can get it, stick it straight into your copy of XCOM and play it with all of the content active.

...mmmmmaybe not Operation Portent? It can be rewarding, but one of the missions is absolute bullshit with Thin Men unless you know what you're doing, so I wouldn't recommend it for a newbie.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

It almost makes it into a whole new game, but it integrates into the main campaign and it gives you the choice at the menu whether you want to play vanilla or EW. It's probably better for a second playthrough as it makes the game a little more complicated, but you may not have and problems with it.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I'll take nuclear throne if no one else wants it.

Always wanted to take a crack at that.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    TeeMan wrote: »
    JaysonFour

XD

Teeman
    You were my Pony Island friend list random pull.
    It's a pretty good fake message moment.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Every time people post about Pony Island, I think PonyIsland.
    I might have spent several years on that site. It might have been my "let's play something and avoid doing work for a bit" game way back in college.
    I might have gotten involved in the adoptable aka adopt-this-unique-piece-of-cute-animal-art community there. To be fair, there were some really nice and creative people.
    I might have made my own really bad adoptables. (No, they weren't bunnies.) Ah, memories hahaha

• Options
    Berylline wrote: »
    I might have spent several years on that site. It might have been my "let's play something and avoid doing work for a bit" game way back in college.
    I might have gotten involved in the adoptable aka adopt-this-unique-piece-of-cute-animal-art community there. To be fair, there were some really nice and creative people.
    I might have made my own really bad adoptables. (No, they weren't bunnies.) Ah, memories hahaha

Oh god, is that one of those egg-clickers?

I was a part of like three of those that went through my forums back when I was in middle school.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »

Oh god, is that one of those egg-clickers?

I was a part of like three of those that went through my forums back when I was in middle school.

The site itself was more of a breeding sim, using dominant/recessive genes and colorful ponies haha. I think you could also level them up with competitions and quests and such.

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote: »
    JaysonFour

XD

Teeman
    You were my Pony Island friend list random pull.
    It's a pretty good fake message moment.

Just went through that and mine was Kendrik.
    Even accidentally prepared for that part I still failed that boss fight about three or four times.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's Neopets?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Not directly Steam related but got into Fortnite alpha and can invite 2 friends so if you want in, send me your email here or on Steam, and the'll then send you a code (via Epic Games Launcher).

Edit: taken

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Thanks for the games @Lindsay Lohan!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Thank you @Lindsay Lohan

My reign of genocidal gay men will rule forever in your name.....might be getting this confused with my ambitions in Crusader Kings 2.

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Thanks @Lindsay Lohan for Brutal Legend! I know this one has some pretty mixed opinions on it, but it looks like a super funny game.

This discussion has been closed.