As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] and Risotto

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    My sister found out you receive more messages and visits if you spend more time being online/logged into your account since the system will rank you higher

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    "It's a match! You both like each other! Why not send them a message?"

Sure thing, that sounds like a good idea. I'll just click this button and-

"Sorry, their inbox is full. Join A List now to message them!"

Gettin real tired of your shit, OKC.

Chances are it's like a robot or someone who doesn't use the service anymore

So it's not like you're actually missing out

What, you're saying robots don't need love too?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My sister found out you receive more messages and visits if you spend more time being online/logged into your account since the system will rank you higher

Also regularly update your profile

Like, even if it's just to slightly change verbiage or whatever

A recorded edit will boost you

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    That is in fact how OKCupid's visibility works. The more you're on, the more likely it is that you'll pop up on people's home screen, quick match, and matching profiles.

My OKCupid date on Monday seemed to go pretty well. Went to a brewery and had a couple beers, then when they closed down at 10pm we headed to her place and ended up chatting in the garage until sometime after 1am. We had fun and would both like to see each other again but some fundamental lifestyle differences give me pause. I'm just taking a "have fun, see where things go" approach for now.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    littlewrenlittlewren Registered User regular
    I had a terrible nightmare last night that my husband decided to leave me and I started internet dating again and it was the worst. I think this thread has insidiously crept into my subconscious. Or that my brain was punishing me for allowing myself to forget what my life used to be like.

Y48pkDN.jpg?1
    Twitter: @LittleWren42
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    littlewren wrote: »
    I had a terrible nightmare last night that my husband decided to leave me and I started internet dating again and it was the worst. I think this thread has insidiously crept into my subconscious. Or that my brain was punishing me for allowing myself to forget what my life used to be like.

My wife does that. She will wake up and be glad that it didn't happen, but still kind of glare at me. Then smile and be glad it didn't really happen. And then glare a bit. Then be happy.

Ultimately it settles back to happy, but it takes a few minutes of waking up.

I told her I can't be held accountable for what imaginary dream me does.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    The worst dreams are those where I'm back in high school

I even feel like those are the only true nightmares I have

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »
    littlewren wrote: »

My wife does that. She will wake up and be glad that it didn't happen, but still kind of glare at me. Then smile and be glad it didn't really happen. And then glare a bit. Then be happy.

Ultimately it settles back to happy, but it takes a few minutes of waking up.

I told her I can't be held accountable for what imaginary dream me does.

Which of course is just stage one of your ultimate incepetion scheme.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    The dream version of my girlfriend is a murderous psychopath who has killed me on numerous occasions.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    The dream version of my girlfriend is a murderous psychopath who has killed me on numerous occasions.

Wait, do you mean "the version that appears when I'm dreaming" or...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Aphostile is just really into murderplay, ok?

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Sassori wrote: »
    French Toast for my birthday breakfast and a surprise birthday dinner this evening when I come home from work.

And then tomorrow we are flying out to Chicago just for birthday funsies.

I love love love this guy.

Hey girl

How long you in Chicago

We are suppose to be there from Thursday until Sunday (4-7) but he's been very secretive with the plans.

Picked a good weekend for it, it's supposed to go all the way up to 44 on Saturday.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Aphostile is just really into murderplay, ok?

Yeah, I mean, as long as he's being safe about it, I ain't gonna judge.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I dreamt about high school last night.

Only I was a detective trying to solve a mystery!

And while I was investigating a lady kept on popping up and undressing in front of me!

And I was like, "DANG IT, LADY! I'M TRYING TO SOLVE A MYSTERY HERE!"

DcR4lUi.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2016
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

And while I was investigating a lady kept on popping up and undressing in front of me!

DcR4lUi.jpg

I had something similar where I was the sheriff of an old-west version of my hometown and a lady kept coming onto me, only I deputized her. I figured if she was gonna be hanging around anyway, might as well put 'er to work.

'Course, then I went and broke the number one rule of dream law enforcement: Don't fall in love.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular

Wait, do you mean "the version that appears when I'm dreaming" or...

I think I would say it as "my dream girlfriend" if it were the girl I would hope to meet someday.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

DcR4lUi.jpg

I had something similar where I was the sheriff of an old-west version of my hometown and a lady kept coming onto me, only I deputized her. I figured if she was gonna be hanging around anyway, might as well put 'er to work.

'Course, then I went and broke the number one rule of dream law enforcement: Don't fall in love.

"I hadn't seen a body put together like that since I'd solved the case of the murdered girl with the big tits"

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    San Fran has a terrible gender imbalance due to the Silicon Valley.

New York has a gender imbalance in the other direction.

I completely disagree with this assessment. There were lots of young attractive females on OKC when I used it a few years ago here.

Bro there are always lots of attractive young females on OKC where ever you happen to be because you are a babe magnet

I have a joke for this but I don't know if my doggie will get pissed or not.

I mean, it's definitely funny, but it's also Classic DeeDub's level of being an asshat.

Okay, it's funny only to me, shut up.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    So is there a signup list to get told this joke, or...?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Going on a date with the husband tonight.

Gonna go to a Belgian beer cafe and eat lots of seafood and maybe an entire kg of mussels and then a walk along the beach.

it's our last night as just the two of us. mom gets here in the morning and baby will be along by the 16th.

so very excited.

• Options
    So, uh... I think I just got legitimately hit on for the first time in like maybe 7 years or more?

I was in a cafe waiting for a coffee and one of the baristas was on a break and she sidled over to chat and was super flirty out of nowhere for a good 15 minutes. She even kind of opened with the whole mistaken identity line thing.

Which, to be fair, was nice! But just all felt really quite surreal and caught me completely off guard.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    maybe she actually mistook you for someone she knew and then hung out with you to make it less awkward

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Oh yeah, possibly.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    or maybe she was hitting on you I don't know :P

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Jeez, what do I even employ you for

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Maybe there was a bomb strapped to her and if she didn't flirt with over 50 people a day she would explode.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Maybe there was a bomb strapped to her and if she didn't flirt with over 50 people a day she would explode.

happens to me all the dang time

..the bomb, I mean

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Maybe she recognized you from your hit Youtube video, "There's something in the water."

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Maybe she just had eyes Veldrin.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Probably should have given that girl who said "i am very glad I met you, you are such a interesting person" my number huh

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe she just had eyes Veldrin.

That's ridiculous Blake.

Nobody has eyes in this economy.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    The last time someone flirted with me I was not interested, she had met my wife earlier, and kept touching me and making me feel super uncomfortable.

I was a hair's breath away from yelling, "Don't fucking touch me." but we were playing game of thrones and I was also relying on her to continue harass the starks and I could win the game.

Plus yelling at someone for being inappropriate at someone else's house rather than say, my house or a bar, it's a pretty uncomfortable thing to do!

Then that didn't even happen.

Blake T on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    all's fair in love and war

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Maybe she recognized you from your hit Youtube video, "There's something in the water."

oh golly goodness no

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    The last time someone flirted with me I was not interested, she had met my wife earlier, and kept touching me and making me feel super uncomfortable.

I was a hair's breath away from yelling, "Don't fucking touch me." but we were playing game of thrones and I was also relying on her to continue harass the starks and I could nick win the game.

Then that didn't even happen.

In the game of the thrones, you flirt or you die.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Yikes, Blake.

That is so not okay.

I would really hope that if I ever flirted with someone and they were putting out "leave me alone" signs I would, you know, be a fucking respectful human about it.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    A friend's girlfriend did that to me. On my birthday, no less. It was... uncomfortable.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So, uh... I think I just got legitimately hit on for the first time in like maybe 7 years or more?
    We are men of action, lies do not become us.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    So is there a signup list to get told this joke, or...?

Yeah, sure, PM me. Again, probably not funny to anyone but me, but you asked.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I was going to say I didn't remember anyone ever hitting on me other than on okcupid.

And then I remembered this 60 year old pizza delivery guy who, in my first months of my transition, hit on me the first time he delivered to me, then he appeared the next time I ordered from there almost two months later and said that he was actively watching out for any orders for me.
    And then I never ordered from any dominos ever again.

Psykoma on
This discussion has been closed.