durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    If I got a tattoo I guess it would be somewhere where there isn't much hair

which is sort of hard to find on me

you could get a tattoo on your palms

Man, that was the first place to go.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If I got a tattoo I guess it would be somewhere where there isn't much hair

which is sort of hard to find on me

you could get a tattoo on your palms

Man, that was the first place to go.

D::lol:

Al_wat on
  • Options
    NaromNarom Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You know the symbol that the colossi have in Shadow of the Colossus? My Bro just got that tattooed on his chest. About the size of my hand, probably a bit smaller. I think it would have been better off on his shoulder, and will hound him about that until the day he dies.

Narom on
    <cursive>Narom</cursive>
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Narom wrote: »
    You know the symbol that the colossi have in Shadow of the Colossus? My Bro just got that tattooed on his chest. About the size of my hand, probably a bit smaller. I think it would have been better off on his shoulder, and will hound him about that until the day he dies.

The fact that he got a tattoo of a game that he won't give half a shit about in 5 years won't hound him I suppose? Jesus I'm amazed how people don't think things through.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Tav wrote: »
    P1010034-2.jpg

Haha.

At the very least, this deserves an honorable mention for stupidest tattoo idea ever. Seriously? The date Halo 2 was released? (I'm assuming that's what the date is.)

That just seems so stupid to me, especially after the hype for Halo 3.

As for tattoos in general, I've always had a lot of respect for people who get them, despite the fact that I would never get one myself.

The exception to that is chicks who get a bullshit pattern or butterfly just above their ass.

Nov. 9 is totally my birthday. That's why he got the tattoo, right? Celebration of my birth?

For the sake of actually contributing to the thread

hexagram.gif

That will be on the proximal part of my right forearm sometime in Q1 '08, provided I have enough money after getting raped by rent (here's to hoping for scholarships). Five years? Fuck that, GI Joe has been the love of my life since I was three so I feel I've had more than enough time to settle upon this.

As far as explanation goes, "Oh, that's the Arashikage Clan symbol from GI Joe." is a ton more understandable and relevant than "Oh, that's the I Ching Hexagram 63, it means 'already completed.'" I fully intend on getting the Cobra symbol somewhere, I just have no clue where I could place it (shoulders are reserved and chest is not an option unless I can manage to get one full sleeve).

As far as gaming tats go, if I still love Portal after the franchise is over I'll get portals on my elbows as I am a big fan of neat elbow tats and can't think of anything else that would appropriately fit and remain near-symmetrical. Maybe the FOX symbol too.

I still gotta figure out how I'm gonna get the Blue Beetle symbol to work on somewhere other that my entire upper torso.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Maybe the FOX symbol too.

FOX_20NEWS_20LOGO.jpg

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »

The fact that he got a tattoo of a game that he won't give half a shit about in 5 years won't hound him I suppose? Jesus I'm amazed how people don't think things through.

That's a brilliant one, actually. But you really need to shave your head in a spot and then put it there. Maybe have a tiny action figure glued on.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

That's a brilliant one, actually. But you really need to shave your head in a spot and then put it there. Maybe have a tiny action figure glued on.

But then everyone will know what your weak spot is!

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

Yes, but have they stolen the magic sword from the tribal elders?

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    RhakaRhaka Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Man, I kind of want one of those over my heart now.

Rhaka on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to kill you all.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to kill you all.

Are you going to climb them and stab their weak point with and ancient sword?

You'll just regret it in the end...

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The only way I would support a tattoo like that is if the person getting it was very very tall.

And was covered in moss.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    a tree.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    043043 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I plan on getting the Marathon logo, and an MJOLNIR Mark VI helmet on my right and left shoulders, respectively, for my love of all things Bungie.

I'll probably get the Lambada symbol somewhere, too.

And I've always thought this would be a badass SOTC tattoo, I'd get it on my back:

sotctattooxy7.jpg

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    whilst I think that other guy was probably just being lame about the whole thing generally, I do have my doubts as to whether SOTC is the kind of game you will be whistfully thinking about in 8 years time.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm planning on goin to a tattoo shop this week to talk about the design I want to do and how much it would cost etc etc, it would be my first time going so :P.

http://www.abstractarts.com/home.html is the place I'm looking at. All I'm wondering is who get's angel wings tattooed on their back? O_o

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Lots and lots of emos.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    DodgeBlan wrote:
    whilst I think that other guy was probably just being lame about the whole thing generally, I do have my doubts as to whether SOTC is the kind of game you will be whistfully thinking about in 8 years time.
    I'm pretty sure you'll be thinking about it in 8 years time if people keep stabbing you in the weak spot for 8 years.

durandal4532 on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    All I'm wondering is who get's angel wings tattooed on their back? O_o

A fair amount of surprisingly cool chicks, actually.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    None of you are serious right? Because I can 100% guarantee you will regret the tattoo within 5 years.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    None of you are serious right? Because I can 100% guarantee you will regret the tattoo within 5 years.

You seem to have a keen insight into what other people will regret, and what they will like 5/7/10 years down the line.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I think I want to get his sig tattooed on my butt, I will never regret that.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I would hope that they regret it sooner than that.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2007

i've had my stupid videogame tattoo for like 6 years now

oh shit, it's still awesome

Knob on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I doubt I will ever get a tattoo, but a game related tattoo I would consider is pipboy.

pipboy.gif

Probably not in that exact position.

Not sure why this is still in my photobucket, but...

perks.jpg

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

You're an odd person.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Really what's the difference between gaming tattoos and other tattoos? One is teh geeky and lame and the other is cool?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Really what's the difference between gaming tattoos and other tattoos? One is teh geeky and lame and the other is cool?

I retract my earlier commentary about hillarious or patriotic art.

Barbed Wire Band Around The Bicep it is!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Look, no one regrets a flaming skull.

Unless they're a pussy.

durandal4532 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    True, your feelings for SOTC will never change but you never know if you're gonna like your mother in a few years.
    Knob wrote: »

i've had my stupid videogame tattoo for like 6 years now

oh shit, it's still awesome

What is the tat?

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I doubt I will ever get a tattoo, but a game related tattoo I would consider is pipboy.

pipboy.gif

Probably not in that exact position.

Not sure why this is still in my photobucket, but...

perks.jpg

I like the Bloody Mess one.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I have no idea who pipboy is....

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    He's from Fallout. Those are a buncha icons for "perks" basiclly feats.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    hexagram.gif

That will be on the proximal part of my right forearm sometime in Q1 '08, provided I have enough money after getting raped by rent (here's to hoping for scholarships). Five years? Fuck that, GI Joe has been the love of my life since I was three so I feel I've had more than enough time to settle upon this.

As far as explanation goes, "Oh, that's the Arashikage Clan symbol from GI Joe." is a ton more understandable and relevant than "Oh, that's the I Ching Hexagram 63, it means 'already completed.'" I fully intend on getting the Cobra symbol somewhere, I just have no clue where I could place it (shoulders are reserved and chest is not an option unless I can manage to get one full sleeve).

I have a Cobra symbol tattooed on my right bicep. It was my first tattoo. I've had it for, oh, damn near 9 years now. And i don't regret it, even a little bit. There goes the five years theory. :)
    I also always wanted the Arashikage symbol, but a guy who works at a toy store i go to has it on his forearm. I wouldn't feel right about getting it now, i don't want him to think he's like the wind beneath my wings or anything. Although his knowledge of the toys i like IS immaculate...

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I have no idea who pipboy is....

You're dead to me.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Scumdogg wrote: »
    hexagram.gif

I have a Cobra symbol tattooed on my right bicep. It was my first tattoo. I've had it for, oh, damn near 9 years now. And i don't regret it, even a little bit. There goes the five years theory. :)
    I also always wanted the Arashikage symbol, but a guy who works at a toy store i go to has it on his forearm. I wouldn't feel right about getting it now, i don't want him to think he's like the wind beneath my wings or anything. Although his knowledge of the toys i like IS immaculate...

Every time I see a post made by you I just immediately think "Fuck yeah, HISS dude."

So does the Arashikage symbol translate well to skin? I wouldn't imagine it being a problem or anything, but you've seen it in action so why not ask?

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Every time I see a post made by you I just immediately think "Fuck yeah, HISS dude."

So does the Arashikage symbol translate well to skin? I wouldn't imagine it being a problem or anything, but you've seen it in action so why not ask?

If only the HISS Battalion commanded respect in more circles. 8-)

This guy's Arashikage tattoo looks great. I'm not sure how old it is, but it looks like it's been on there for a while and is still looking good. As long as your tattoo artist is a solid colorist, uses good ink, and you don't have a fierce allergy to red (some people do), i think it's a great plan. My only advice is to just stick with the solid red and don't let anyone talk you into an outline. If i have one small regret on the Cobra tat it's that i wish i would've gone with no outline and just let the future background push it out.

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    All I'm wondering is who get's angel wings tattooed on their back? O_o

A fair amount of surprisingly cool chicks, actually.

Friend of mine had it done, looks good.

I can understand the want to get a tattoo. I intend to join the RCMP, and when I get in I may get a tattoo of the coat of arms, because it is a major accomplishment and something I hope to be doing for the rest of my life. Otherwise I have always considered getting my families coat of arms done on my back, probably on my right shoulder.

I would never get a game tattoo though, that just sounds stupid. I love Eve, and play it quite often, but I'm not about to get the Caldari or Gurista symbol on my arm.

Comahawk on