Options

[MechWarrior Online] Shut this s**t down, it's gotten too weird. (Thread done!)

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    if the range reduction comes along with increases to other quirks it might wind up being looked at as a net buff; losing ~70m of ERlla range seems like a good trade for a bit of something else.

structure quirks eh; it's a nerf but the BJ will still be plenty tough

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    So I'm starting to recognize some the mechs based on looks and name, and getting an idea of which ones are dangerous for which reasons.

For instance, avoid the Atlas. Thing takes way to much damage, and doesn't need its arms to shoot back.

But is it just me, or are Arctic Cheetahs completely overpowered? It's a light mech, but then how is it faster, does more damage, and takes more damage than my medium mechs? (or at least is seems like it)

edit: though I hit one in the face with my 4xSRM 6 griffon last night, which caused him to scurry off and bother someone else.

Cheetahs are faster because they are lighter. They don't take more damage than mediums, but the speed makes them harder to hit and the XL means that they survive a ST loss. And hitting harder is very subjective. They have a 36 point alpha (6 spl) but have to be at very short range to use it, and run very hot when doing so. I have a Cicada that is barely slower than my Cheetahs, but has a UAC 5 and 4 SL's. It has a lower alpha, but overall better DPS and can do some damage at range. I pulled nearly 800 damage in it a few days ago.

Compared to most mediums, the only advantages they bring is speed and ECM. Personally, I think ECM should be light-only and if on a clan mech, should only be on the CT to prevent omni-pod shenanigans (I'm looking at you, Ebon Jaguar).

The key to killing any light is to kill a leg. Cheetah's run hot enough that if someone isn't hit-and-running, you can wait till they overheat and burn one off easily.

One thing I learned early with my ACs is that I can run with the 6SPL for a few salvos, then switch to just shooting my two torso ones till I cool down enough to fire them all again. This way I am usually never overheating and can still do some damage or get away.

Too many acronyms. Cheetahs cannot be called ACs until I can toss 6 SPL onto a UAC/5.

I do the same heat management thing, but you get like 3 alphas, then have to go into heat mangement. Given the like 2 second recharge time, that means at 4 seconds into the fight (0, 2, 4) I'm already going to only a third of my available weapons. When that happens, my best option is to disengage.

Admittedly, 3 36-point alphas is enough to kill anything but an IS assault, if I catch them in the back. I'm sooo close to Tier 3 now, and I know will miss my 1000+ damage games in Tier 4. The number of times I've snuck behind a dire wolf and cored them...delicious.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Yeah Tier 3 required me to relearn my Cheetah attacks since there were less Assaults being left behind for slaughter. Mainly because most teams have decent support mechs who go back to help. What I did find though is once the exchange fire starts up I can usually core out one or two from behind before the other team notices me. Mainly because I changed my ECM to Counter instead so I can sneak up closer.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    @Nips Did you buy the IIc mechs? Or did you decided against buying them since it was the Jenner IIc and not the Locust IIc?

I didn't, mostly because both of my accounts each have 8+ chassis that I needed to master, and I've slowed my Whaling a bit.

It's nothing against the packs, they frankly look amazing. I'll probably pick up the Jenner IIc once its out for C-bills.

I now have too many mechs to master now which is why I skipped on the Rifleman. Plus I learned that it is so much harder to level heavies and assaults over lights and mediums. Especially spoiled leveling lights given their drop rates are extremely high.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    @Nips Did you buy the IIc mechs? Or did you decided against buying them since it was the Jenner IIc and not the Locust IIc?

I didn't, mostly because both of my accounts each have 8+ chassis that I needed to master, and I've slowed my Whaling a bit.

It's nothing against the packs, they frankly look amazing. I'll probably pick up the Jenner IIc once its out for C-bills.

I now have too many mechs to master now which is why I skipped on the Rifleman. Plus I learned that it is so much harder to level heavies and assaults over lights and mediums. Especially spoiled leveling lights given their drop rates are extremely high.

Given Buttcleft's dislike of the clans, I'm surprised he isn't complaining about how much it is easier to level them. You get bonus xp for components destroyed and for KMDD, and those are really easy to get with the higher alphas that clans put out.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

It's probably a sign that I've strayed from my roots, but I can Elite a Heavy or Medium in next to no time, but my Lights take about four times as long. :/

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I don't think it takes me that much longer to skill up lights, but it's certainly more annoying

got a big pile of gxp to spend on IICs whenever those go on sale

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

oh thank god no mech sale.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2016

WTF?! Kintaro is Japanese, not Chinese! >.<

And it should also be mentioned that the Maneki-neko is a Japanese thing, too.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Aw yiss, Chinese Lanterns on sale. I'ma pick up a couple more. Love those things. Still annoyed I can't run em with Warhorns, though.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I'm glad you posted that since I would have.
    Nips Did you buy the IIc mechs? Or did you decided against buying them since it was the Jenner IIc and not the Locust IIc?

It's probably a sign that I've strayed from my roots, but I can Elite a Heavy or Medium in next to no time, but my Lights take about four times as long. :/

First you fail at paper pushing and now you tell me you fail at lights? Next you'll say you like LRMs and Assaults and speed doesn't matter.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @Nips are you in game under a new account?

I just had a enemy locust bait one of my team mates into killing another one, then turning around and killing the shooter itself.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Nips Did you buy the IIc mechs? Or did you decided against buying them since it was the Jenner IIc and not the Locust IIc?

First you fail at paper pushing and now you tell me you fail at lights? Next you'll say you like LRMs and Assaults and speed doesn't matter.

Whoa, whoa, slow down pardner. I may be off my typical game, but let's not get crazy here.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Aw yiss, Chinese Lanterns on sale. I'ma pick up a couple more. Love those things. Still annoyed I can't run em with Warhorns, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLwDd10LVP8

• Options
    edited February 2016

Whoa, whoa, slow down pardner. I may be off my typical game, but let's not get crazy here.

Hey, first it is Padre running Clan mechs and praising Dakka and Boom. Next you saying that you can level mediums and heavies easier than lights and you're no longer whaling. Then there was talk about Oosiks being able to run a full drop and trying to take a planet. Glad you say that the sky is not falling.

The only thing keeping me sane here is the talk about how the IS sucks and Clans are overpowered. The day that stops is the day that I think I'll drive my Chevy to the levee...

Edit: Spelling

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Hey, first it is Padre running Clan mechs and praising Dakka and Boom. Next you saying that you can level mediums and heavies easier than lights and you're no longer whaling. Then there was talk about Oosiks being able to run a full drop and trying to take a planet. Glad you say that the sky is not falling.

The only thing keeping me sane here is the talk about how the IS sucks and Clans are overpowered. The day that stops is the day that I think I'll drive my Chevy to the levee...

unfortunately due to changes in regional weather patterns the levee is unfortunately dry.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    You know, I can't even get through one bar of that song in my head without the Weird Al version taking over.

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

unfortunately due to changes in regional weather patterns the levee is unfortunately dry.

That was uncharacteristically clever...

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    You know, I can't even get through one bar of that song in my head without the Weird Al version taking over.

That and gangsters paradice

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

That and gangsters paradice

Livin in the Fridge for me.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

That was uncharacteristically clever...

I feel like I should be offended.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

I would've figured some sort of Capellan Confederation Uber Alles thing with the Vindicator, Cataphract and Urbanmech on sale.

Or even just the Dragons.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options

I would've figured some sort of Capellan Confederation Uber Alles thing with the Vindicator, Cataphract and Urbanmech on sale.

Just on a lark, I popped over into Sarna to look up mechs that have distinctly Chinese names, and I found something kind of interesting (well, to me anyways): the earliest Chinese-named battlemech doesn't start production until 3058 (the Duan Gung). So even if they wanted to have a proper "Chinese" themed sale, they wouldn't have any mechs to be part of the sale unless they advanced the timeline by quite a bit.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Hmm, Frontier must be shitting up their network again; my ping is ridiculous.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Hmm, Frontier must be shitting up their network again; my ping is ridiculous.

Wrong game there buddyman. ;)

So, aside from the minor range reductions, is anything else scheduled to be nerfed for IS? I can deal with some range penalties since I specialize in brawlers anyway, but don't touch my heat quirks.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Liao designs didn't really do chinese naming in-setting until Xin Sheng became a thing.

Before that, in addition to developing newer mechs like the Raven and the Cataphract (whos factory got jacked by the FedCom), due to their buttmonkey status they were known for being prodigious users of notoriously shitty mechs like the Urbie, Vindicator, and Blackjack.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Liao designs didn't really do chinese naming in-setting until Xin Sheng became a thing.

Before that, in addition to developing newer mechs like the Raven and the Cataphract (whos factory got jacked by the FedCom), due to their buttmonkey status they were known for being prodigious users of notoriously shitty mechs like the Urbie, Vindicator, and Blackjack.
    prodigious users of notoriously shitty mechs like the Urbie,

I will fight you.

• Options

AC20 to the back for you...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Just on a lark, I popped over into Sarna to look up mechs that have distinctly Chinese names, and I found something kind of interesting (well, to me anyways): the earliest Chinese-named battlemech doesn't start production until 3058 (the Duan Gung). So even if they wanted to have a proper "Chinese" themed sale, they wouldn't have any mechs to be part of the sale unless they advanced the timeline by quite a bit.

*cough*

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Yen-Lo-Wang

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016

*cough*

My best weasel-like defense would like to point out that I mentioned "mechs"...as in production mechs instead of customized one-offs :P

In terms of MWO, though, I stand corrected. However, in my defense, the YLW is using the "Rising Sun" iconography typically associated with Japan.

EDIT - oh right, I forgot to mention re: Urbies and AC20s to the back. Are you sure you want to AC20? You only have 7 shots...how about a double-barreled PPC to the back?

Erlkönig on
  • Options

*cough*

My best weasel-like defense would like to point out that I mentioned "mechs"...as in production mechs instead of customized one-offs :P

In terms of MWO, though, I stand corrected. However, in my defense, the YLW is using the "Rising Sun" iconography typically associated with Japan.

EDIT - oh right, I forgot to mention re: Urbies and AC20s to the back. Are you sure you want to AC20? You only have 7 shots...how about a double-barreled PPC to the back?

Double lpl work a lot better, and with far less heat.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

*cough*

Yen-Lo-Wang was the name of a personal 'mech though, it's still a Centurion. He's right they didn't really pile it on thick with the CHINA IN SPACE 'mech names until later.

• Options

*cough*

Double lpl work a lot better, and with far less heat.

Ooo...I'll have to try that. I bought a pair of Urbies during last week's sale and haven't taken them out for a spin yet (on account of trying to find a build I like).

• Options
    edited February 2016
    @Nips @Betsuni @Handgimp @HydroSqueegee and everyone else I cant remember.

Next time we do oosik mech night (what happened to Tuesdays,anyway?) we need to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQgTCKISyI

3 assaults with 9 urbies.

edit

Heres another video, 4 assaults 8 urbies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA6bwH-XrVE

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Liao is supposed to be based off of the Chinese, meaning mechs like Marauders, Shadow Hawks, Ravens, and Cataphracts should be on sale.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Hrm.

2 Mech Bays open only.

I own 1 free Centurion and 1 free Atlas.

So I could buy 2 more of either to fill out the variant or I could pony up some more MC for mech bays and continue to ignore these two...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @Nips @Betsuni @Handgimp @HydroSqueegee and everyone else I cant remember.

Next time we do oosik mech night (what happened to Tuesdays,anyway?) we need to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQgTCKISyI

3 assaults with 9 urbies.

edit

Heres another video, 4 assaults 8 urbies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA6bwH-XrVE

so many different urbie styles

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Hrm.

2 Mech Bays open only.

I own 1 free Centurion and 1 free Atlas.

So I could buy 2 more of either to fill out the variant or I could pony up some more MC for mech bays and continue to ignore these two...

Can't go wrong with Atlases, at least if you enjoy piloting assaults.

• Options

*cough*

Only reason I pointed the Wang out was because the morons people at PGI put the hero Kintaro on sale. Honestly I never understood why they used the Rising Sun flag for the Wang.

I mentioned the AC 20 because that is the only version of the Urbie I rebuilt stock for Oosik events.

@Buttcleft oh heck yeah I'm game for running Urbie Oosik night!!! Been looking forward to it since I mastered them.

oosik_betsuni.png