As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post-[Steam]-Sale Recovery Thread

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    mein gott

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Sounds like the dude is just frustrated that xbone doesnt really have much for itself

His actual complaint is that Xbox One players have to pay for XBL to play stuff online, while PC players don't have to

Yeah, but an xbone and a couple years of live are cheaper than a decent PC still. Plus you get a bunch of games with your live subscription.

LIke, if you already have a PC, then nothing much has changed since you can pick which version to get (or get a package that includes both).

If you only have an Xbone, you are literally in the same boat you were before, with the exception that you might be able to pawn off that new PC code.

If you only have a PC, guess what, you can play this game now!

Really, the only downside here is optics, as Crackdown 3 is likely the ony announced 2016 Xbone exclusive not also coming to PC (Gears4 was mentione but removed from the article); but that really only matters to people who have decent PC's. Those exclusives are still meaningful between people picking between Xbone and PS4.

Also help me out; is Xbone non-stupid now? I can't tell if it's accepted parlance or not.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Sounds like the dude is just frustrated that xbone doesnt really have much for itself

His actual complaint is that Xbox One players have to pay for XBL to play stuff online, while PC players don't have to

Yeah, but an xbone and a couple years of live are cheaper than a decent PC still. Plus you get a bunch of games with your live subscription.

LIke, if you already have a PC, then nothing much has changed since you can pick which version to get (or get a package that includes both).

If you only have an Xbone, you are literally in the same boat you were before, with the exception that you might be able to pawn off that new PC code.

If you only have a PC, guess what, you can play this game now!

Really, the only downside here is optics, as Crackdown 3 is likely the ony announced 2016 Xbone exclusive not also coming to PC (Gears4 was mentione but removed from the article); but that really only matters to people who have decent PC's. Those exclusives are still meaningful between people picking between Xbone and PS4.

Also help me out; is Xbone non-stupid now? I can't tell if it's accepted parlance or not.

Xbone is still kinda considered the jokey nickname, I also see a lot of XB1 and XBO.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I had strongly considered using the term "Xboners" instead of Xbox One players, but I was afraid people would mistake my tone.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    100%ed Rise of the Tomb Raider. That's a heck of a game. It got pretty close to doing a thing that would have turned me off of it entirely nearish to the end but then didn't, so I was happy.

Now I have to decide if I want to take a break and play something else or pick up Endurance Mode and start on that.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I had strongly considered using the term "Xboners" instead of Xbox One players, but I was afraid people would mistake my tone.
    I'm on the Xbone and I usually just call it the Xbone.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think calling it the xbone is suitable punishment for naming the third iteration of the console "console one"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    this gen of consoles had some really stupid names. except the playstation 4, that makes sense.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    For whatever else sony has done right or wrong, they locked down the best console naming scheme early

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Nah, they just have to pay ~1000 more dollars for a machine that meets the recommended specs. Sure you can get by on minimum specs (which still costs more than an xbone) but that rarely works out well for performance.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I really liked Nintendo's names up until the Wii U

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Nah, they just have to pay ~1000 more dollars for a machine that meets the recommended specs. Sure you can get by on minimum specs (which still costs more than an xbone) but that rarely works out well for performance.

I don't have numbers, but with games being easier to get cheap on PC, I feel like you make at least some of that up on the back end.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    GoT Telltale Episode 1
    Jesus christ that ending. I'm guessing it wasn't at all possible to get crown protection of Ironrath or for ethan to live? I'm not sure what could have gone differently.

• Options
    So, officially no Assassin's Creed this year, but Activision confirmed a new Call of Duty. No CoD this year wasn't really a possibility, I know, but I was kinda hoping to see what the gaming landscape would look like this fall if both AssCreed and CoD vacated the board.

• Options
    man I am so hype for dark souls 3

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

wii will never not be a dumb name, we just got used to it

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    microsoft is smart to try to actually for real start building a pc audience because there may not even be an xbox 4, xbox may just be their gaming brand for windows

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I don't think we're there yet

PC has definitely been on an upswing for the past however many years

But it's still not even close to consoles

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

wii will never not be a dumb name, we just got used to it

It is dumb

But I like it?

• Options

wii will never not be a dumb name, wii just got used to it

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I don't think we're there yet

PC has definitely been on an upswing for the past however many years

But it's still not even close to consoles

it's less "XBOX IS DOOOOOOMED" and more "microsoft is smart to hedge their bets, just in case"

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I will never call it anything other than Xbone. It takes the least amount of time to say and is immediately clear what I'm talking about. Also it sounds goofy and I will always prefer things that are fun to say.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I just call it the Xbox because I could count the number of times I have talked about the original Xbox on one hand

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I just call it the Xbox because I could count the number of times I have talked about the original Xbox on one hand

Nobody remembers Duke... :sad:

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Well,that's what happens when your game gets delayed for over a decade and then comes out and is complete garbage.

• Options
    Always bet on Duke

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Well,that's what happens when your game gets delayed for over a decade and then comes out and is complete garbage.

I'm talking about this Duke.

ROUJZue.jpg

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    As a large-handed person

I miss that thing

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    As a small handed person, fuck that thing

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    As a large-handed person

I miss that thing

It was the best

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    as a person with normals hands i am of no strong opinion of the original xbox controller.

• Options
    215128154_PrjWo-1050x10000.jpg

215142996_22jgm-1050x10000.jpg

215161632_vH4R5-1050x10000.jpg

xbox controller is hueg lol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

I'm talking about this Duke.

ROUJZue.jpg

I know. But you said "Duke" and not "The Duke" and that wasn't an opportunity I could pass up.. :biggrin:

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Has anyone given the new Dying Light expansion a go yet?

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Dying Light was a goddamn piece of shit game, am actually astonished it was hyped up as much as it was, and no dlc for it or whatever will be had. :mad:
    /'pinions

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    o...oh ok

It was a pretty fun and enjoyable game when I played it.

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    How dare you Veldrin, how dare you enjoy a game like Dying Light in this day and age, how VERY dare you.

This discussion has been closed.