As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let us [Chat] like the Greeks of old!

• Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I was listening to some Gogol Bordello and went to their Wiki page and somehow ended up linking to Dresden Dolls, and thought they sounded interesting. Plus, they're a Boston band, so I thought I'd give them a listen.

Oh, well that's less scary. I was worried you were going to say something like "Oh well Frankie's been listening to them lately" and I wouldn't in good conscience be able to tell you to get over yourself and marry her anymore.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I heard the Dresden Dolls on the radio once, I think it was "Sing." It was god-awful. I think I may have checked out some samples on Amazon because there were so many people talking about how great they were, and it was similarly garbage. I have less respect for them than for Britney Spears, because at least Britney Spears doesn't pretend to be high art.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    suilimeA wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    So what things/places are you guys burning tonight?
    Bras, mostly.

I'm trying to see how long I can go without buying a bra because my boobs are growing at a STUPID rate. I'm wearing like four layers of clothing. Thank goodness it is winter.
    Aren't you a little old for that...

Boobs don't stop growing until the girl is 21. And the more calcium she has in her system, the more growth spurts she gets.

Why do you tempt fate? I mean, really, SE++ and 4chan are about the only places in the world where this would be even dumber to post about.

Unless, like, you need some attention. Do you need some attention Cass? Is Choco being cold and distant?

Just be glad ege isn't here.

Well, I could post about wanting to fuck a four uddered cow girl instead :P

I am complaining, not bragging! It hurts to run for a bus, and I can't sleep on my tummy :(

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I hate when i dream something, then forget its a dream, then get mad/happy/upset/whatever about what happened in the dream as if it were real life. When i figure out its a dream i always feel like i've fallen for a retarded trick i've pulled on myself.

JPants on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i dunno i think the fact that will might be BRAIN DAMAGED

is more scary

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I confuse IW and VC frequently. Also some robot guy, he also is lumped in with you two in my memory spaces.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A penny loaf to feed the Pope
    A farthing o' cheese to choke him.
    A pint of beer to rinse it down.
    A faggot of sticks to burn him.
    Burn him in a tub of tar.
    Burn him like a blazing star.
    Burn his body from his head.
    Then we'll say ol' Pope is dead.
    Hip hip hoorah!
    Hip hip hoorah hoorah!

Happy Traitor Burning Day!

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    So do any of you listen to the Dresden Dolls? What do you think?

Third-tier indie.

I'm kind of liking it. Has a distinct sound.

Well you are a third-tier mod.

Man, that's cold. It would probably even smart if your sense of judgment weren't so warped as to be negligible.
    You have to mention the cow-fucking thing to receive full points.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I confuse IW and VC frequently. Also some robot guy, he also is lumped in with you two in my memory spaces.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT?

or wait, what is Edgewoods new name again?

James on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Thread delivers.

Yeah, that. :|

Gogol Bordello is fun!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    So do any of you listen to the Dresden Dolls? What do you think?

The girl I met does. I have. I enjoy the sound, but the lyrics are a little, well, mostly about being a rather crazy girl.

Yeah I have a hard time understanding lyrics in general, as in I have a hard time resolving the words that are said. So I'm kind of going off the sound as well.

The lyrics make perfect sense to me, or at least as much sense as a poem about being absolutely nuts can make. Maybe you're just not crazy enough.

No no I mean, like, I have a hard time actually resolving the words when I'm listening to music. It all sounds kind of like "hummahumma" unless the person singing is like super-enunciating. I think that I'm missing some part of my brain or something.
    I have a hard time picking up lyrics as well.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT?

or wait, what is Edgewoods new name again?

Flopsy, our Beloved Bunny Friend

or something

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    And I don't want to know how we got to talking about Cass' boobs from Bonfire Night.

James on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I heard the Dresden Dolls on the radio once, I think it was "Sing." It was god-awful. I think I may have checked out some samples on Amazon because there were so many people talking about how great they were, and it was similarly garbage. I have less respect for them than for Britney Spears, because at least Britney Spears doesn't pretend to be high art.

Dresden Dolls don't make my ears bleed.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And I don't want to know how we got to talking about Cass' boobs from Bonfire Night.

cass was all

"MY BOOBS ARE FRIGGIN GIGANTIC

THEY HAVE THEIR OWN GRAVITATIONAL PULL

THEY WARP SPACE AND TIME TO A SMALL, BUT MEASURABLE DEGREE"

;-)

MikeMan on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What do you call the way of thinking where a boon to a community, like a surgeon who has saved a thousand patients during their career, can commit a crime without punishment, like murdering one innocent person? 'Get out of jail free card'-type stuff.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What do you call the way of thinking where a boon to a community, like a surgeon who has saved a thousand patients during their career, can commit a crime without punishment, like murdering one innocent person? 'Get out of jail free card'-type stuff.

stupid?

alt answer: fucking stupid?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    emnmnme wrote: »

Conservatism.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »

cass was all

;-)

I wish. I could be a super hero. Then having a skimpy costume and shitty backstory would actually make sense! :D

• Options
    edited November 2007

cass was all

;-)

I wish. I could be a super hero. Then having a skimpy costume and shitty backstory would actually make sense! :D

Boob Girl! With the power to... um.

Have boobs.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

cass was all

;-)

Have boobs.

There's already a movie, comic series, and action figure line in the works as we speak.

• Options
    edited November 2007

cass was all

;-)

Have boobs.

There's already a movie, comic series, and action figure line in the works as we speak.

It'll be an international smash hit.

A "sensation" if you will.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Next thread title: "[chat] sells".

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

They make my ears bleed. At least they pitch-correct Britney Spears' songs. The Dresden Dolls lead singer can't carry a pitch in a bucket and feels the need to share that deplorable fact with us all.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Church wrote: »
    Japan, that cat in your avatar is delightful. Is it yours?

It's one of our cats. She's really cute.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Irene is the greatest marketing tool the Dresden Dolls have. Now I want to listen to some of their stuff. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    BobCesca wrote: »

She is. One of the only things I remember from my early childhood (Up until I was about five) is that I had this awesome green-eyed black cat that was always with me.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

They make my ears bleed. At least they pitch-correct Britney Spears' songs. The Dresden Dolls lead singer can't carry a pitch in a bucket and feels the need to share that deplorable fact with us all.

So it's painfully bad, rather than just bad, singing?

I can handle bad singing if the music is good.

@Haps: I was thinking the same thing.

JPants on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Good morning chat, I have returned from my hellgate london vacation. And my job still sucks. How is everyone?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mornin' Preach

JPants on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited November 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    Good morning chat, I have returned from my hellgate london vacation. And my job still sucks. How is everyone?

Single or multiplayer, where did you grind?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey Teefs

• Options
    edited November 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Morning pants, is that Mackey from the shield in your pic now? And Hap I didn't really grind I am playing the story in multi with my fiancee just completed act 5 and got to level 30. A lot of bitching and whining by general idiots but I am really enjoying myself.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What's up eh

I have a terrible throat infection so I've been playing a lot of Starcraft and Warcraft III.

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Good to hear, Preach.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Irene is the greatest marketing tool the Dresden Dolls have. Now I want to listen to some of their stuff. :P

:P

Go ahead if you want. You probably wouldn't find the singing as painful as I do, just because I'm a pitch-nazi. But what I've heard from them so far has been pretty uninspired. Like that song, "Sing" -- it's got about 2 chords in it, is extremely repetitive, the lyrics are pretty inane, and add to all that the fact that she rarely hits a note the whole time, and what you get is a song that makes me despair for humanity. I really think it's a case of the Emperor has no clothes.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    BobCesca wrote: »

Beat'd

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

[Deleted User] on
This discussion has been closed.