Options

Daylight Satans Time

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    We should be on Standard Time all the time. That's why it's called Standard Time.
    wqrR7VT.png

Hmmm

Worth a shot

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Switching between the two is fine. Don't change a thing!
    "vegemite tastes like bovril" is a really unhelpful string. I need a Google subsearch.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I don't care which schedule we are on, but we should pick one and never swap.
    The only thing I know about vegemite is when it showed up in that one Rocket Power special.

"Vegemite, vegemite, yum yum morning noon and night."

I also still pronounce flan the same way I heard it on Courage the Cowardly Dog.

"Flaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhn."

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Relatedly to DST and Satan's time it's 79 feels like 86 today and the mile walk round-trip for lunch left me sweaty and fuuuuck heat.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    "vegemite tastes like bovril" is a really unhelpful string. I need a Google subsearch.

Bovril is basically powdered beef broth. Add it to some hot water in the wintertime and drink it up and hot damn if it doesn't warm you up.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Bovril is basically powdered beef broth. Add it to some hot water in the wintertime and drink it up and hot damn if it doesn't warm you up.

Okay this is the worst way to drink your tea.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    No, Gamera, you don't put it in your tea. You get a thermos of hot water and put some Bovril in it, shake it and drink when you get cold. It's not as strong as, say, au jus (which I have drunk and will continue to drink after I finish my French dip, idgaf if it's "unhealthy"). It's like hot ham water, but beef!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    We should be on Standard Time all the time. That's why it's called Standard Time.
    I did not know drinking au jus was a thing until this very moment

• Options
    The very concept of drinking au jus has me recoiling in disgust.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I like waking up to darkness and having the sun shine until late in the evening. Get on DST and stick with it!
    I'll gladly drink a bit of hot broth if I'm feeling under the weather

Grab a couple of bouillon cubes, toss 'em in a mug of hot water

It's great

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

It's great

Jesus Christ, thank you. For a second there I thought I was the crazy one.

• Options
    Enjoy your mug of liquid meat flavor I suppose

• Options
    WE WILL

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    No, Gamera, you don't put it in your tea. You get a thermos of hot water and put some Bovril in it, shake it and drink when you get cold. It's not as strong as, say, au jus (which I have drunk and will continue to drink after I finish my French dip, idgaf if it's "unhealthy"). It's like hot ham water, but beef!

Look, alls I'm sayin' is if I'm going to put something in hot water to warm up in the winter it's gonna be some goddamn plants. Beef is for eatin', not drinkin'

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm personally like

Look at all these other delicious hot drinks

There are so many options for hot, delicious things to drink

Hot liquid beef never enters my mind when I want a beverage to warm me up

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just slap a hotdog in a glass of warm water when I feel the need to drink flavored meat water.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Larlar
    HAIL SATAN.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I like waking up to darkness and having the sun shine until late in the evening. Get on DST and stick with it!
    I'm personally like

Look at all these other delicious hot drinks

There are so many options for hot, delicious things to drink

Hot liquid beef never enters my mind when I want a beverage to warm me up

Well like

It's for when you're kind of hungry but you don't have groceries

Or you drank way too much last night and can't keep down anything solid

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Larlar
    Vegemite is pretty damn tasty.

All I know about DST is that time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options

It's great

That's broth though. Au jus is grease/oil with meat flavor from being the juices of the meat. There is a world of difference.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

It's great

That's broth though. Au jus is grease/oil with meat flavor from being the juices of the meat. There is a world of difference.

Well yeah, but broth is what we started this conversation with

Au jus is a whole different thing, I agree, and I don't think I'd drink it, personally

• Options
    Oh, SE++

Page three and we have shifted from Daylight Savings Time to drinking hot meat juice straight

Never change

• Options
    Oh, SE++

Page three and we have shifted from Daylight Savings Time to drinking hot meat juice straight

Never change

To be fair, I'd rather shift to drinking meat juice straight than shift to bullshit standard time hours

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh, SE++

Never change

Whoa, who said anything about straight?

I like to chase mine with some powdered cheese water.

• Options
    Now that I think of it, drinking hot meat juice could be taken in a very different way

• Options
    Larlar
    Now that I think of it, drinking hot meat juice could be taken in a very different way

Like what way? what way?

• Options

No matter what, it's a high-protein experience.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

Like what way? what way?

Let me tell you about where babies don't come from

• Options
    Oh, SE++

Never change

Yeah, if I was drinking hot meat juice, it definitely wouldn't be straight

Fellas

• Options
    Larlar

Like what way? what way?

Is it cabbage patches?

• Options
    Oh, SE++

Never change

Yeah, if I was drinking hot meat juice, it definitely wouldn't be straight

Fellas

oh-my-takei_zps45fbdc2c.gif~c200

• Options

Like what way? what way?

Insinuation unclear, thoughts focused on how people butt chug alcohol now.

I blame this thread of course.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I know it's only twice a year, but it means I have to walk all over the house comparing clocks to my cell phone. I also have a few fancy watches and changing all of them at once is just one more chore that makes the list.

On top of that, not everyone I know catches on to DST so meeting up with friends can be a sitcom-esque situation but instead of a laugh-track or a studio audience, it's passive-aggressive recrimination about how half the people are wasting the other half's precious time.

Whatever, asshole, you're glued to Candy Crush anyway, we only invited you out as a courtesy.

• Options
    Somehow I knew you would join me on the Light Side, DW.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Tonkka wrote: »
    HAIL SATAN.

Because it's been stuck in my head all week:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQSOIyQ8H4I

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Somehow I knew you would join me on the Light Side, DW.

Yes, well, we're talking about clocks, not the coal-black lump in my chest that pumps blood.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I LOVE VEGEMITE

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    I LOVE VEGEMITE

Why don't you marry it

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Changing time kills people and is not a joke

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I LOVE VEGEMITE

Why don't you marry it

I would but then Marmite get jealous.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)