Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    yall see the feed of the guy in the tree in seattle

there's a feed now

whatever

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    @eljeffe is def in the top 5 most amusing mods of this subforum

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I really do not find Olive Garden to taste that terrible.

It isn't amazing food but I feel like I live in an alternate universe than all the people who find (most) chain restaurants supremely disgusting, especially when many of those exact people I know will gladly eat prepackaged snacks, fast food, or frozen meals in a pinch.

I can understand the argument the food is bad for the price or worse than other options, but I just don't get the argument that the food is unpalatable.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Damn I want some pasta now

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    2-1 to the team i need to win

fuck yes c'mon football

the other team scored two goals in a minute

fucking hate football

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

don't do it man, this lasagne betrayed me

perfect top, bechamel just starting to go gold

cold bottom layer D:D:D:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    I really do not find Olive Garden to taste that terrible.

It isn't amazing food but I feel like I live in an alternate universe than all the people who find (most)chain restaurants supremely disgusting, especially when many of those exact people I know will gladly eat prepackaged snacks, fast food, or frozen meals in a pinch.

I can understand the argument the food is bad for the price or worse than other options, but I just don't get the argument that the food is unpalatable.

i swear to god and no one fucking listens

but during the fall they have the best god damned pumpkin pie cheese cake with gingerbread crumbs and caramel

it is heavenly and very delightsome

but oh nooooOOOooo olive garden is for the plebes we can't have this

Arch,
  • Options

Alright.

What the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) did you just ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) say about me, you little ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)? I'll have you know I graduated top of my ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) in the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), and I've been involved in numerous secret ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) on ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), and I have over 300 confirmed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I am trained in ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) warfare and I'm the top ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) in the entire US armed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). You are nothing to me but just another ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I will wipe you the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) out with precision the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) of which has never been seen before on this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), mark my ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) words. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) think ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) can get away with saying that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) to me over the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)? Think again, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). As we speak I am contacting my secret network of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) across the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and your ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is being ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) right now so you better ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) for the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). The ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). You're ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) dead, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I can be ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), anytime, and I can ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) you in over seven hundred ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), and that's just with my bare ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Not only am I extensively trained in ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) combat, but I have access to the entire ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) of the United States ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) off the face of the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), you little ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) comment was about to bring down upon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), maybe you would have held your ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I will ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) fury all over ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) will ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) in it. You're ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) dead, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I want a clone of me to constantly cook. This would be ideal.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    yall see the feed of the guy in the tree in seattle

there's a feed now

whatever

I hear he threw an apple at the police

he's white so that explains why they didn't shoot him

(our police are terrible)

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    i really miss the snap button sometimes

Arch,
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I think a clone of myself would be just as lazy, unfortunately.

But the clonecest would be fantastic.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Alright.

What the snake person did you just snake person say about me, you little snake person? I'll have you know I graduated top of my snake person in the snake person, and I've been involved in numerous secret snake person on snake person, and I have over 300 confirmed snake person. I am trained in snake person warfare and I'm the top snake person in the entire US armed snake person. You are nothing to me but just another snake person. I will wipe you the snake person out with precision the snake person of which has never been seen before on this snake person, mark my snake person words. snake person think snake person can get away with saying that snake person to me over the snake person? Think again, snake person. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of snake person across the snake person and your snake person is being snake person right now so you better snake person for the snake person, snake person. The snake person that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call snake person. You're snake person dead, snake person. I can be snake person, anytime, and I can snake person you in over seven hundred snake person, and that's just with my bare snake person. Not only am I extensively trained in snake person combat, but I have access to the entire snake person of the United States snake person and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable snake person off the face of the snake person, you little snake person. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little snake person comment was about to bring down upon snake person, maybe you would have held your snake person snake person. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you snake person. I will snake person fury all over snake person and snake person will snake person in it. You're snake person dead, snake person.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Italian is garbage food.

How about we make something without using a tomato you gondola riding jerks

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    oh hmm a bunch of the branches from the top of the tree are broken off now

that is less funny that tree is iconic :confused:

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Lol someone posted the most oblivious post to our neighborhood FB group and i am having a hard time reaisting the urge to troll.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Italian is garbage food.

How about we make something without using a tomato you gondola riding jerks

carbonara

white sauce is the light

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I think a clone of myself would be just as lazy, unfortunately.

But the clonecest would be fantastic.

Ideally the clone would just want to cook

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    having this job be a Yes would be so incredible right now.

Transforming.

I really need it to happen.

You'll get it

there's an Applebee's celebration in your future

I can feel it

@Squeakel let his girlfriend talk him into going to Olive Garden. They spent nearly $50?

In Austin?

At the fking Olive Garden?!

during SXSW?!?!?!?!

@Blameless Cleric boo your brother.

Oh...mygod...

I have to face this constantly how do people not understand this

Friend your bagel bites cost the same as two organic chicken breasts

Brother your olive garden cost the same as going to Gloria's I'll kill you

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    CeLkecXUYAAHSfk.jpg

• Options
    well, that's 275 euro i'm not getting

fuck you buxton fc

i hope you and the rest of Derbyshire are happy

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Smdh

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @Organichu I think at least for me it's exasperation at settling for the perceived safe option when:

- It's not the best flavor option for the style of food
    - it's not cheaper
    - it's not more convenient
    - it's not as healthy
    - it negatively impacts local industry

In a place like this, the only reason to give one of these bottom-tier chains your business is a comfort-zone issue that can be easily dispelled without resorting to snobbery... there are great local options for the same style of food, with comparable service, comfort, and convenience, with healthier locally prepared ingredients, if only people would give them a shot.

And yet they pour into Texas Roadhouse and Logan's and Chili's and Applebee's and Olive Garden to the point that the suburbs begin to see their local spots struggle to compete.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    When people shittalk those who go to chain restaurants I'm not sure if the claim is 'you have bad taste, these other places have better food even though I know you disagree with that' or 'you make bad choices, you could have gone to a better local place, and its superiority is obvious and I assume you agree'

It feels like the latter is the criticism but only the former makes sense

If you're passing over a place that makes Homemade lasagna for bagged sauce and poorly cooked noodles, you have bad taste and I will silently judge you, like you would silently judge someone that ate a can of frosting for dinner.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    2 entrees: 30 dollars

2 sodas: 5 dollars

1 dessert or appetizer: 6 dollars

Tax plus tip: 30%

Total: 53 dollars and 30 cents.

Not really sure how that's absurd.

It's absurd when you can both get water and eat at an actually good restaurant

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    having this job be a Yes would be so incredible right now.

Transforming.

I really need it to happen.

You'll get it

there's an Applebee's celebration in your future

I can feel it

Squeakel let his girlfriend talk him into going to Olive Garden. They spent nearly $50?

In Austin?

At the fking Olive Garden?!

during SXSW?!?!?!?!

"Blameless Cleric" boo your brother.

Oh...mygod...

I have to face this constantly how do people not understand this

Friend your bagel bites cost the same as two organic chicken breasts

Brother your olive garden cost the same as going to Gloria's I'll kill you

Don't you live in a dorm?

When I lived in a dorm, the big problem with thing like chicken breasts is that A: actual groceries were much farther than convenience stores and B: anything that could cook them would not be allowed.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

fuck you buxton fc

there is no joy in derbyshire

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I haven't ordered a pop in a restaurant in forever

water or booze

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Kids down. Going to a classical piano concert in an hour. Want to play league but wife wont let me cuz SIL is coming over in 30 min. Ugh i just wanna style on some noobs goddamit woman.

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    japan wrote: »

fuck you buxton fc

there is no joy in derbyshire

oh well, onward and upward

other bets had me come out on top anyway but 275 woulda been nice

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    delicious, delicious soda

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

I want a clone for emotional support.
    But infants aren't good at that.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    There's also a very real issue with the American palate being sort of fucked up by the amount of processed shit we consume.

• Options
    Man I don't have the werewithal to care about how other people waste their money, especially given how much stupid shit I've bought from large video game developers.

I have not experienced chain food being nearly as awful as is claimed here, bad local restaurants can be significantly worse than chain food, and chain places still tend to have surprisingly good appetizers and dessert (which is frozen at many local favorites). Stressing about somebody going to a chain just seems so pointlessly judgmental.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Deebaser wrote: »
    When people shittalk those who go to chain restaurants I'm not sure if the claim is 'you have bad taste, these other places have better food even though I know you disagree with that' or 'you make bad choices, you could have gone to a better local place, and its superiority is obvious and I assume you agree'

It feels like the latter is the criticism but only the former makes sense

If you're passing over a place that makes Homemade lasagna for bagged sauce and poorly cooked noodles, you have bad taste and I will silently judge you, like you would silently judge someone that ate a can of frosting for dinner.

I am not defending people who have bad taste. Like I said, that sort of criticism makes sense. What I'm saying is that a lot of the time this sort of complaint doesn't even accuse the chain food diner of having bad taste. It does the whole polite fiction thing where either 1) 'why wouldn't you go to a better place', where it assumes the diner agrees that the local place is better and doesn't allow for otherwise. What I mean is, a chunk of these criticisms go with an implied [we both agree that chain food is so bad] so why would you get chain food, instead of you have bad taste for liking chain food. Or 2) sometimes people do the hilarious thing of 'hub I guess your local Olive Garden is better than the ones I've been too, I can't believe they got it right somewhere... (Instead of just confronting that the person has bad taste)

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Who are these people who are passing over cheap, quality restaurants for chain food (barring a rare hankering), as opposed to people who arrive in (conference town) and just want something guaranteed to be decent at a guaranteed to be decent price without any effort?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Multiplicity was a movie I watched

• Options
    I am sitting here eating Dominos reading this conversation, like God intended.

• Options
    Is Johnny Depp gonna be toting this ultra rare book all over the world without some kinda mylar bag for it? Not even a sammich baggie? :I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    How many locations is a place allowed to have before they count as a chain and I'm not allowed to go there anymore?

This discussion has been closed.