Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I was on the fence and about to fall off, when MovieBob gave the final push

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This is probably the funniest review of BvS I've read so far
    http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/batman-v-superman-is-v-bad-1766555948

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also, BvS spoilers
    Flash, when he appears to Bruce Wayne out of nowhere from the future and then disappears, is wearing some sort of weird armor but he has his costume underneath and it is just a domino mask? Like, no full cowl.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hahahahaha wow. I guess a handicam rip of BvS Is already out there as I just saw some gifs from the film.
    The OBLIGATORY JUSTICE LEAGUE CAMEOS bit is straight up hilarious

Each of the clips are on a hard drive and have the character's logos as their icon in the folder ready to go and have absolutely no bearing on the plot

It is 2 minutes of nothing but HEY WE ARE DOING JUSTICE LEAGUE YOU GUYS FOR REAL LOOK AT THIS

Also Barry Allen has long hair in a manbun

I just puked a little in my mouth.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Also, BvS spoilers
    Flash, when he appears to Bruce Wayne out of nowhere from the future and then disappears, is wearing some sort of weird armor but he has his costume underneath and it is just a domino mask? Like, no full cowl.

I've gone from not interested to morbidly interested through to almost disgusted in my own interest.

I might actually go see this.

Is this the greatest PR campaign ever undertaken for a movie?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    every falling bullet casing memorialized with its own slow-mo funereal aria

Gosh that is a delightful description of Snyder's whole thing

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    So does Batman wear the DKR suit to fight Superman, and not Doomsday? I had this desperate hope all of the vs marketing was a dumb fakeout.

• Options
    So does Batman wear the DKR suit to fight Superman, and not Doomsday? I had this desperate hope all of the vs marketing was a dumb fakeout.
    Yes, it is specifically a Superman killing suit.

He also makes
    a kryptonite spear.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Was browsing through the user reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for giggles and came across this gem
    Not a review, but a critique of the critics... This is NOT a Marvel/Disney film... STOP CONFUSING IT WITH ONE.

If you go into it thinking you're going to have laughs and be happy go lucky you're going to be disappointed. DC is the serious "Adult-toned" superhero film... Sure it's great to go into a movie expecting to come out laughing and smiling, but THAT'S NOT DC. Rate it and look at it as it's meant to be. Go see it again with a new mindset. Don't give crap reviews because you don't have any idea what you thought you were supposed to be seeing. DO IT RIGHT

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    All of the trailers have had tons of shots of Batman and Superman just beating the shit out of each other, man.

I don't know what you could possibly expect.

Plus I'm pretty sure the folks at DC and Warner Brothers aren't that clever.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular

He also makes
    a kryptoknight spear.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Was browsing through the user reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for giggles and came across this gem
    Not a review, but a critique of the critics... This is NOT a Marvel/Disney film... STOP CONFUSING IT WITH ONE.

If you go into it thinking you're going to have laughs and be happy go lucky you're going to be disappointed. DC is the serious "Adult-toned" superhero film... Sure it's great to go into a movie expecting to come out laughing and smiling, but THAT'S NOT DC. Rate it and look at it as it's meant to be. Go see it again with a new mindset. Don't give crap reviews because you don't have any idea what you thought you were supposed to be seeing. DO IT RIGHT

I hope that guy steps in dog poo today.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Tampa Bay Times
    Steve Persall
    Mar 22, 2016

In 2002, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" was at least a unique cultural take on movie cliches typically reserved for Italian and Jewish squabbles and makeups. Now it's all stale baklava, made with love but past its prime. Opa? Nope-a.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    There is no way that is the first Nope-a

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

I hope that guy steps in dog poo today.

My favorite part is that it's unintentionally a really good and accurate review.
    Don't go see this movie if you want to come out smiling.

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    every falling bullet casing memorialized with its own slow-mo funereal aria

Gosh that is a delightful description of Snyder's whole thing

In a better world, Snyder is the greatest music video director of all time, and has no interest in full-length movies whatsoever. How I envy those lucky bastards.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

He also makes
    a kryptoknight spear.

Not really a BvS spoiler, but responding to one
    There should be a Superman villain called KryptoKnight, who is a Knight, made of Kryptonite

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    AWW THE LATEST AGENTS OF SHIELD WAS SO GOOD

NO I'M NOT CRYING

sig.gif
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    AWW THE LATEST AGENTS OF SHIELD WAS SO GOOD

NO I'M NOT CRYING

yeah while BvS is over here stinkin' up the place, AoS and Flash were really good

Hopefully Arrow is on point tonight, and I need to catch up on Supergirl, which I've heard is better as it goes on

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular

He also makes
    a kryptonite spear.
    Wasn't there something in interviews from MoS about how Kryptonite didn't exist in this version because it was stupid?

(even though they still did the stupid atmosphere thing instead)

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

He also makes
    a kryptoknight spear.

There should be a Superman villain called KryptoKnight, who is a Knight, made of Kryptonite
    He should be CryptoKnight, who is a Knight who commits crimes with Cryptography. And he'll have nothing whatsoever to do with Kryptonite. But Superman will keep hearing about him and be all "Oh crap, I better call backup!" But by then it's too late, and CryptoKnight has escaped with the diamonds again!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

He also makes
    a kryptoknight spear.

He should be CryptoKnight, who is a Knight who commits crimes with Cryptography. And he'll have nothing whatsoever to do with Kryptonite. But Superman will keep hearing about him and be all "Oh crap, I better call backup!" But by then it's too late, and CryptoKnight has escaped with the diamonds again!
    OR MAYBE HE IS A CRYPTO-KNIGHT IN THE SENSE THAT HE IS A SECRET KNIGHT WHO CONCEALS HIS KNIGHTHOOD, WHICH IS WHY BATMAN ALWAYS WINS OOOOOH SNAAAAAP

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    My guess is that it's a hangover from an earlier draft where the Kryptonians didn't know the planet was exploding and dumb dumb Goyer didn't realise it no longer made sense.

Seems more like a natual
    Lars wrote: »

He also makes
    a kryptonite spear.
    Wasn't there something in interviews from MoS about how Kryptonite didn't exist in this version because it was stupid?

Nah
    Snyder just said it wouldn't appear in MoS and people mad assumptions I think.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular

He also makes
    a kryptoknight spear.

OR MAYBE HE IS A CRYPTO-KNIGHT IN THE SENSE THAT HE IS A SECRET KNIGHT WHO CONCEALS HIS KNIGHTHOOD, WHICH IS WHY BATMAN ALWAYS WINS OOOOOH SNAAAAAP
    Krypto-Knight, it's Superman's dog Krypto in a suit of armor.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »

He also makes
    a kryptonite spear.

The "interview" where Snyder says this is super badly written. All he says is that kryptonite isn't in MoS. A single quote is not an interview! Gah, I need details!

Found another interview, this one about MoS 2.
    With regards reaction to the first film, Snyder acknowledged fan complaints that there's no Kryptonite in the film, and that Lex Luthor doesn't appear. "By no means am I saying those things don't exist, I'm just saying he didn't run into them here", Snyder said.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I'm really curious to see where I fall on this. Fairly certain I'm not gunna like it. But I wonder if it's gunna be a Man of Steel, where I'm like yeah this is bad, but not like Thor 2 bad. Or if this is gunna be like a Hobbit 2 where I am clutching the the armrests so hard that liquid hate is actually pooling around my finger nails.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    i mentioned all this stuff about the terrible JL cameo stuff two nights ago!

it's really just as bad and shoehorned in as it seems!

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I see Cisco Ramone is the clubbing, devil on the dance floor version of asocial nerds Hollywood apparently thinks exists.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular

He also makes
    a kryptoknight spear.

Or a knight who fights Superman using ciphers or pseudoscientific creatures from folklore.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I see Cisco Ramone is the clubbing, devil on the dance floor version of asocial nerds Hollywood apparently thinks exists.

@Zonugal

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

I stopped a few paragraphs in because what the fuck am I even reading?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Clubbing and dancing are decidedly social things. When approached with the concept of dancing or clubbing, asocial folks are filled with the same sort of dread an arachnophobe would feel when approaching a dank cellar.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

Yet he still gave it 2 out of 4 stars.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

@Zonugal

@Mysst

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

I stopped a few paragraphs in because what the fuck am I even reading?

He was really stretching to tie it to awful real world events.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Hahahahaha wow. I guess a handicam rip of BvS Is already out there as I just saw some gifs from the film.
    The OBLIGATORY JUSTICE LEAGUE CAMEOS bit is straight up hilarious

Each of the clips are on a hard drive and have the character's logos as their icon in the folder ready to go and have absolutely no bearing on the plot

It is 2 minutes of nothing but HEY WE ARE DOING JUSTICE LEAGUE YOU GUYS FOR REAL LOOK AT THIS

Also Barry Allen has long hair in a manbun

fuck

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Cisco is pretty well socialized actually

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    And if I'm being honest, I would not turn down a Gif of that Cisco head bop dance

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
This discussion has been closed.