Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Cisco is pretty well socialized actually

Yeah, I'd missed the word asocial in there

Cisco is a pretty social person

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

photo.jpg?

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

photo.jpg?

Dude loves to network.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Nerds who love to party are pretty common

a lot of nerdy shit is actually quite social tbh

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hahahahaha wow. I guess a handicam rip of BvS Is already out there as I just saw some gifs from the film.
    The OBLIGATORY JUSTICE LEAGUE CAMEOS bit is straight up hilarious

Each of the clips are on a hard drive and have the character's logos as their icon in the folder ready to go and have absolutely no bearing on the plot

It is 2 minutes of nothing but HEY WE ARE DOING JUSTICE LEAGUE YOU GUYS FOR REAL LOOK AT THIS

Also Barry Allen has long hair in a manbun

fuck
    he also has an awful looking ratty beard when he shows up after bruce's darkseid nightmare

and that's actually in the costume

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Yeah I mean I know part of the fun of the show is that everyone is really pretty super charming versions of characters and Cisco is definitely one of the highlights of the show

they're just kind of having their cake and eating it too by giving him all the highlights of the geek archetype but none of the hangups that come with it

they're kind of doing the opposite of treating nerdiness as a disability the way some comedies do

sig.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Furu wrote: »
    let's talk about things that are good instead

like new avengers

new avengers is a good book

I really really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't hang with the art style

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    Yeah I mean I know part of the fun of the show is that everyone is really pretty super charming versions of characters and Cisco is definitely one of the highlights of the show

they're just kind of having their cake and eating it too by giving him all the highlights of the geek archetype but none of the hangups that come with it

they're kind of doing the opposite of treating nerdiness as a disability the way some comedies do

Comic convention raves and parties have existed for a long long time.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

I love that review

that's probably the only movie review I've ever actually finished reading

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

I could be wrong because old as fuck get off my lawn etc, but from what I understand, Nerds haven't been the outcasts for , like, almost a decade now?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

Right, nerdiness and asociality/introversion aren't a one-to-one thing, despite what Hollywood would have us believe. And even us introverts do like to party, occasionally.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    The comparison between how the Japanese responded cinematically the nuclear bomb and how we responded cinematically to 9/11 seems really fucking apt.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

This interview seems like an allegory for the movie itself: so bloated on its sense of self-importance that it forgets to present the audience with any reason to endure it.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So did Snyder land the landing in Batman #50? Seems his arcs always fizzle out at the end.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Yeah, sure.

I, I guess I'm just kinda feeling the Cisco envy.

I wish I could be as cool as senpai.

sig.gif
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Right, nerdiness and asociality/introversion aren't a one-to-one thing, despite what Hollywood would have us believe. And even us introverts do like to party, occasionally.

I like to party all the time! But then I have to go be away from everyone and sit in a regeneration chamber for a day

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular

I stopped a few paragraphs in because what the fuck am I even reading?

Wow

I feel like BvS was this guy's Cthulhu

He witnessed something that broke his goddamn mind and is now trying to scrawl out a warning to the rest of humanity

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Wow

He witnessed something that broke his goddamn mind and is now trying to scrawl out a warning to the rest of humanity

Or at least maybe it was an office bet? " I bet you can't write a review about Batman vs Superman that mentions 9/11 almost 100 times!"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options

Wow

Much like Cthulhu, it should never have appeared in person on screen

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Slant Magazine gave BvS 2 out of 4 stars which for them is high praise of a comic book film.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Slant Magazine gave BvS 2 out of 4 stars which for them is high praise of a comic book film.

what did they give my big fat greek wedding 2

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    That review is fucking hilariously bad, holy shit

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

1 1/2. Damn fractal ratings, you're ruining movie reviews!

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

The Slant one?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I have at times greatly enjoyed Kevin Smith

But he seems to eternally be in the "I'm going to talk about all the weed I smoke" phase of being a weed-smoker

Yeah but there are some good stories out of that. Like how he always wants to use Peapod or whatever grocery delivery service is out where he lives but they refuse to deliver because the house use to belong to Matt Damon and he stiffed the delivery company several times when ordering groceries for parties and the last time it happened Smith was high and answered the door, so even though he never stiffed them they think he did because hes the one who answered the door.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

1 1/2 which tracks with the rotten tomatoes rating for films released this weekend. BvS in first place, BFGW2 in second, and Get a Job with 0%.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

The hardest partiers I knew in college were all geeks and/or nerds.

They were also mega-charismatic.

But like we used to prefunk while painting WH40k before going bar-hopping.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

The Slant one?

No the one that tries to link the amount of money bvs is going to make (which it isnt) to the number of Muslims because...

Because?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I'm trying to choose between reading Ultimate Spider Man, Age of Apocalypse and Busiek's Avengers. I'm reading the first issue of each before I decide, but I have to say I don't love the art in Ultimate Spider Man (those faces). Any suggestions?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    like the vengaboys before me, i like to party

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Alright, Contest of Champions (the comic) is pretty cool, I'll get the trade when that comes out.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

But he seems to eternally be in the "I'm going to talk about all the weed I smoke" phase of being a weed-smoker

Yeah but there are some good stories out of that. Like how he always wants to use Peapod or whatever grocery delivery service is out where he lives but they refuse to deliver because the house use to belong to Matt Damon and he stiffed the delivery company several times when ordering groceries for parties and the last time it happened Smith was high and answered the door, so even though he never stiffed them they think he did because hes the one who answered the door.

Wtf, Matt Damon?!

• Options
    i'm more amazed that peapod is on the west coat

there are giants out there?

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    EvilpolarbearEvilpolarbear Registered User regular
    I'm reading this topic go from BvS's Flash to Cisco dancing in the club in the latest Flash episode and I can't help but be fascinated at what Cisco Ramon would be like in the DCCU.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

actually, I like to party

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

Wow

Or at least maybe it was an office bet? " I bet you can't write a review about Batman vs Superman that mentions 9/11 almost 100 times!"

That's not a review, that's straight up film analysis

And it makes some pretty cogent points near the end that really convey the author's crippling depression after seeing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, a film about two superheroes who have given up on any and all definitions of the word "justice"

I feel you, man

I feel you

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So does Batman wear the DKR suit to fight Superman, and not Doomsday? I had this desperate hope all of the vs marketing was a dumb fakeout.
    Yes, it is specifically a Superman killing suit.

He also makes
    a kryptoknight spear.

it was the faintest of hopes

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    hippofant wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

Wtf, Matt Damon?!

It's actually Ben Affleck.

• Options

oh god

the vengabus is coming

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

everybody does

This discussion has been closed.