Options

Gaming Tattoos

• Options
    Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Scumdogg wrote: »
    If only the HISS Battalion commanded respect in more circles. 8-)

Our day will come.
    If i have one small regret on the Cobra tat it's that i wish i would've gone with no outline and just let the future background push it out.

Are you talking about additions and whatnot as far as the future background? If so, then it wouldn't really have any bearing on the symbol tat since that'll probably be on its lonesome (sleeveline; jobs and all that). I intended on keeping it just the red but could you post yours so I could see what the outline does to hurt/help it? No rush or anything, it'd just be neat to get a decent gauge on the potential outcome.

On a side note, this "No Futurama on Monday" bullshit is fucking lame.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Knob wrote: »
    None of you are serious right? Because I can 100% guarantee you will regret the tattoo within 5 years.

i've had my stupid videogame tattoo for like 6 years now

oh shit, it's still awesome

What is the tat?

totally fucking awesome, that's what it is

Knob on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Shit, that is pretty awesome.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm curious as to why I would supposedly think the Master Sword is stupid in ten years when I've thought it was awesome for fifteen years so far. Actually, if I ever think that the Sword that is Evil's Bane is stupid, someone should kill me, because it's a doppelganger.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm curious as to why I would supposedly think the Master Sword is stupid in ten years when I've thought it was awesome for fifteen years so far. Actually, if I ever think that the Sword that is Evil's Bane is stupid, someone should kill me, because it's a doppelganger.

But in ten years you will be a Mature Person!!! You will think video games are teh kiddie!!

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

But in ten years you will be a Mature Person!!! You will think video games are teh kiddie!!

I'm almost ten years older than the Master Sword.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

Dawn of Time+10?

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think i am gonna get the Lambda logo, but unsure where. it won't be anything big, but I loved all the Half-lifes and I think i should get it.

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    None of you are serious right? Because I can 100% guarantee you will regret the tattoo within 5 years.

i've had my stupid videogame tattoo for like 6 years now

oh shit, it's still awesome

What is the tat?

totally fucking awesome, that's what it is

oh snap, you told me

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If i have one small regret on the Cobra tat it's that i wish i would've gone with no outline and just let the future background push it out.

Are you talking about additions and whatnot as far as the future background? If so, then it wouldn't really have any bearing on the symbol tat since that'll probably be on its lonesome (sleeveline; jobs and all that). I intended on keeping it just the red but could you post yours so I could see what the outline does to hurt/help it? No rush or anything, it'd just be neat to get a decent gauge on the potential outcome.

Yes, i forget that not everyone has sleeve plans. :) Here's my Cobra tat. I went with a stylized and outlined version, and i kinda just wish i'd stuck with the straight-up toy stamp. And ignore the weird tiger striping behind it. I have that behind all the tattoos on that arm, it was really supposed to tie the sleeve together. I do kinda hate it now though, and once the sleeve is finished i'll be blacking out everything behind it. So i can get the Cobra fixed at that point as well.

Cobra2.jpg

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Dawn of Time+10?

The first appearance of the Master Sword was Zelda: A Link to the Past in 1992. They've retconned the original Magic Sword from the original Zelda into the Master Sword, though. Ever since that old dude told me to seek the sword that is evil's bane the Master Sword has been pretty much the whole point of playing Zelda games for me.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Triforce.

Back of the left hand.

9 months from now.

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    DividerDivider Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Triforce pieces.

One on my left ass cheek.

One on the right.

One on the center of my back pointing down......towards my ass.

Need to run this by my folks. :P

If I'm going to be the 7,000th person to get a triforce symbol of any sorts, by golly its going to be original.

Divider on
    Luigi doesn't care about black Lumas! - TehBlueBlur ( 11/16/2007 )
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've been thinking about for a while about gettign a tatoo. Its a toss up between a few things.

The mario party Bowser piece on my upper arm
    Berserk brand on my back by base of my neck
    The 1-up shroom [arm] or the super mushroom [by my crotch ;)]

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Triforce.

Back of the left hand.

9 months from now.

Fair warning that will hurt like a bitch.

Also, I hope you like wearing gloves, or have a very open minded workplace.

But I mean, it's your hand, you go crazy, kid.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Incase some people don't remember/haven't seen it, this is the symbol I want to get done:
    600px-Binding_transmutation_circle_.png

Lately I have been thinking of adding some colour to it, such as adding colour to the central point, the cross with the snake, like making it blood red, or making it an aquaish colour.

But mainly I am kinda curious of what suggestions you guys have for adding colour.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    For example here is one idea I was playing around with.

600px-Binding_transmutation_circ-2.jpg

I just wouldn't be sure how to do the black background.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Dance CommanderDance Commander Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just get that exact image done. They can do the blue first, then all the black. Make sure to get it perfectly square too, for symmetry.

Dance Commander on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm not too sure though that I would like it to be square which is the problem I am facing.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Heh... there are only two tattoos I find particularly appealing. The angel wings on the back, and the entire text of "The Peloponnesian War" in the original greek around the rest of the back. Some people think I take history too seriously.

But neither of those are game tattoos so please, continue on with the triforces.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »
    Heh... there are only two tattoos I find particularly appealing. The angel wings on the back, and the entire text of "The Peloponnesian War" in the original greek around the rest of the back. Some people think I take history too seriously.

But neither of those are game tattoos so please, continue on with the triforces.

Meh since we don't have a general tattoo thread might aswell talk about it here. You can say the greek tattoo is somehow connected to God of War and hence a geeky gaming tattoo. :D

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Triforce.

Back of the left hand.

9 months from now.

That's REALLY what I'm worried about. Pain isn't shit, it's the looks that get ya.

I'm kinda looking into working in either the Pentagon or some similar situation once I get through grad school, and while "OMG IM FUCKIN LINK" is amazing for the first 3 years of college, I doubt if Sergent hardass'll like it.

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Triforce.

Back of the left hand.

9 months from now.

That's REALLY what I'm worried about. Pain isn't shit, it's the looks that get ya.

I'm kinda looking into working in either the Pentagon or some similar situation once I get through grad school, and while "OMG IM FUCKIN LINK" is amazing for the first 3 years of college, I doubt if Sergent hardass'll like it.

Hmmm, make sure you check the regulations. I think hand tattoos are allowed if they aren't obscene or racist, but I'm still sure they will be frowned upon. If you are totally set on a military life, make sure you check it out with a recruiter or someone first, you don't want to be forced out of the forces by a tattoo.

Phil G. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

Why do you even need the black? Just get the blue done, that color looks great in tattoo form. If you're concerned about it not "popping" enough as just the blue, get a light greywash done to simulate a drop-shadow effect.

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Why do you even need the black? Just get the blue done, that color looks great in tattoo form. If you're concerned about it not "popping" enough as just the blue, get a light greywash done to simulate a drop-shadow effect.

I hate to be "that guy" but holy shit don't get that permanently placed on your body.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia if you get that tattooed on your body I will mock you incessantly on these boards, and if I ever meet you in real life-

hoo boy

Sami on
  • Options
    043043 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Guys, check out this thread about people who wanna get tattoos of things they really enjoy. Let's go tell them their idea is bad and they should feel bad.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Phil G. wrote: »
    Triforce.

Back of the left hand.

9 months from now.

Hmmm, make sure you check the regulations. I think hand tattoos are allowed if they aren't obscene or racist, but I'm still sure they will be frowned upon. If you are totally set on a military life, make sure you check it out with a recruiter or someone first, you don't want to be forced out of the forces by a tattoo.

Not so much military life as a government job, a diplomat, or a FP guy. I'm almost SURE that just getting "looked down upon" would fuck me up the ass as is.

But the way I see it, I get it removed with a laser, and it still looks cool.

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    043 wrote: »
    Guys, check out this thread about people who wanna get tattoos of things they really enjoy. Let's go tell them their idea is bad and they should feel bad.

Damn right. I've had most of my nerd tattoos for years, and i don't regret a damn thing. I have a tattoo of goddamn Mon-Starr that is not covered up by clothing, and there is no regret. I cannot imagine why all you people think tattoos for Zelda and what have you are a bad idea, when i am rocking villains from 80's b-list cartoons. It has not affected my day to day life. I have gotten married and gotten jobs since having it. None of this imaginary bad shit that people without tattoos, wives, or jobs say is going to happen, will EVER happen. Get what you wanna get, that's what tattoos are all about.
    The only tiny bit of naysaying that is at all relevant is this. If you have a specific career in mind, DO check the regulations of companies you want to work for. Hand tattoos are grand, and i have several, but not everywhere likes them.
    Do not, ever, under any circumstances, get anyone's name tattooed on you unless they are dead or your child. Or both.
    And see, that's pretty much it. After that, get whatever the hell you wanna get. But i'm telling ya, you come to ME for a Tasmanian Devil tat, i'm gonna fuck it up. On purpose. That'll teach ya.

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What the fuck is Mon-Starr?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    043043 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    One of the guys from Space Jam?

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ah, youth. Mon-Starr was the main Silverhawks villain. And before you ask, Silverhawks was like a b-list Thundercats. In space.

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Possibly.

One of my other ideas was to have just the cross/snake/wings coloured while leaving the symbol in the background black.

And what's with all the people being so negative with the tattoo O_o, if you don't even like tattoos in the first place you shouldn't be in this thread, and if you do like tattoos, whats wrong with this one?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Etch wrote: »
    That Vagrant Story tattoo is bad fucking ass, and I've wanted one ever since I got the game, like the week it came out. So goddamn cool

Amen, that Rood Inverse is fucking amazing. Though I'd probably have it much smaller because I'm a pussy and don't want it violently torn from my back.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mine from 6 months ago, need to get the letters touched up, from my brother:

IMG_0313.jpg

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Looks good, have you ever showed that in any other threads cause I can't help but feel it looks familiar.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Looks good, have you ever showed that in any other threads cause I can't help but feel it looks familiar.

Yes I think I have probably when I got it around that time.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    600px-Binding_transmutation_circ-3.png

Is what I think I am going to go with.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sab, what are you going to think of Full Metal Alchemist in 20 years?

Sami on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Sab, what are you going to think of Full Metal Alchemist in 20 years?

Well it is from FMA, but I really like the symbol and the meaning behind it, or at least what it means to me. I wanted this for quite a few years already. Plus what's wrong with it, it seems like I am the only one that is getting berated in this thread for wanting a somewhat geeky tattoo.

Look Out it's Sabs! on