Options

SCP-[CHAT]

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Love is...video games

i figured it out

never let go

*goes through all the brave new world mental anguish of @desc circa several hours ago*

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Love is not cuddling, or snuggling, or feeling the bottom drop out from under you

Love is making your SO go get basic groceries while you agree to do dishes

Love are two guards on opposite sides of a border of rival countries.
    They talk with each other daily
    Some days guns are drawn
    other days the talking minimal
    But they'd prolly die for each other if it came down to it

dang

Ya, that resonated pretty hard. I might have to use that at my wedding for something.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    jesus fucking christ bc

All in favor of not letting BC share her emotions click agree

let her enjoy it before everyone starts having divorces

this comment too real

/me wonders if it's even possible for me to fall in love again

aw, i'm sorry. you're divorced?

i mean i fell for someone who is mid-divorce and it's just too much. she is so not over it. i'm having to put it on hold for a few months while she works it out or else it's castle doodling in blood and feces on the wall after it ends

no but one of my friends is in the process

with a realtionship that seemed all super great and shit

and like, I dunno the relationships I'm having now in my late 20's are so different than my early ones
    life has beaten the joy out of me

I think it is super dependent on the people

I have definitely been experiencing things recently that I haven't in years, if not a decade.

you think you might never find it again, then someone appears in front of you and it's real neat

Yeah. I feel super teenagery again in a lot of ways. It is weirder because a lot of other stuff about me and how I handle things is different. But emotional reactions are not.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    ice cream games

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    You know what I fear. Divorce after a long marriage.

My folks were married for 20 years then split. So much time with one person then to have to not be with that person anymore. Seems like it would just be so hard.

I seriously can't imagine

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    love is ice cream, not video games u dum dum

Shaz u fatso it can b BOTH

can love be everything

can anything be love

poo
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    The older I get the more I wonder if I have ever really felt love or loved

Good thing there's pizza and booze for that

i've had the unfortunate luck of loving people who didn't love me or being loved by people i didn't love in all but a few circumstances

those few circumstances were p nice though

I've found that everyone that I thought loved me actually loved me solely on conditions I wasn't aware of, and rescinded it once I no longer met them.

yeah, that sucks

i don't know why this playacting like love but only under special circumstances is so common

like you can't walk down the street without hearing about unconditional love and yet people don't get it i guess?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Like 40 hours worth of work over a 4 day weekend. Yay!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    My love for you is like a truck

is...

is this what "dumps like a truck" means?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    *sigh*

Alright, I'll be the Simpsons guy

Love is about two naked eight-year-olds who are married.

You have mangled this quote. Zero stars.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    love is ice cream, not video games u dum dum

Shaz u fatso it can b BOTH

can love be everything

can anything be love

Love is level of violence

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    i will have a scoop of protein, go home, and then cook a bunch of meat

poo
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Love is an old, wooden ship used in the Civil War era

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    bc the most important part of being happy is to never share too much of it in places like chat where it abrades the miserly joyless souls of those who lurk, unloveable and damp with the sweat of their compulsions

I mean, you joke, I think, but there really was at least one poster who quit because people here were "talking too much about their girlfriends" and he couldn't deal

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    i don't think i could ever respect someone who loved me

how can you abide by such poor decision making

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    The older I get the more I wonder if I have ever really felt love or loved

Good thing there's pizza and booze for that

i've had the unfortunate luck of loving people who didn't love me or being loved by people i didn't love in all but a few circumstances

those few circumstances were p nice though

I've found that everyone that I thought loved me actually loved me solely on conditions I wasn't aware of, and rescinded it once I no longer met them.

yeah, that sucks

i don't know why this playacting like love but only under special circumstances is so common

like you can't walk down the street without hearing about unconditional love and yet people don't get it i guess?

yeah

finding all this out in a very condensed time has been a real struggle for me

and I haven't gotten to the hard parts yet with some people

maybe I'll get stuck in a tar pit or something and not have to do all that

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    (also romantic love is great and swell but the love between friends is just as awesome and important and fulfilling)

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    bc the most important part of being happy is to never share too much of it in places like chat where it abrades the miserly joyless souls of those who lurk, unloveable and damp with the sweat of their compulsions

I mean, you joke, I think, but there really was at least one poster who quit because people here were "talking too much about their girlfriends" and he couldn't deal
    Wait srsly

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Love is the all-night drug sesh and the calamitous diarrhea the morning after

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    kissing this woman for the first time before we walk into BvS because we might never be able to get past it

will be the most romantic gesture of my life

it will be like the asteroid heading for us in Armageddon

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

My folks were married for 20 years then split. So much time with one person then to have to not be with that person anymore. Seems like it would just be so hard.

I seriously can't imagine

My relationship with my wife is such an core part of who I am if it went away I would be someone else.

This guy would be dead.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I know for a fact I have bent these winemaker notes into more marketing-ish sentences several times but I can only find the original versions

Argh

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    love is posting great boomer music and making [chat]'s anti-boomer brigade squirm with revulsion

nsfwish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmVajkqLNU

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    *sigh*

Alright, I'll be the Simpsons guy

Love is about two naked eight-year-olds who are married.

You have mangled this quote. Zero stars.

I remastered it to better fit the conversation and the needs of a 2016 audience.
    Crap, I really needed those stars. Now I'm going to have to sell my cat.

Gim on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    work then nothing leaves infinite time for activities

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @credeiki if can, want to hang out this weekend?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    haha...

I just realized.

The part in Batman v Superman where

(Spoilers about a really unexpected part of the movie.)
    Batman has that weird dream sequence set in the future then is told by a person from the future (The Flash?) about Lois Lane...

It's completely useless because he meets Lois Lane anyway.

• Options
    (also romantic love is great and swell but the love between friends is just as awesome and important and fulfilling)

it sustains me

poo
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

dave_chappelle_kkk_skit

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    God,the 90s were amazing.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

that makes me sad.

although eddy has managed to persevere so it can't be too bad

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

This happened to my parents but they are doing ok. Mom still comes to Christmas and stuff.

My folks are both happily re-married now. So they are fine in their own rights now. Don't really ever talk though.

It's just that after being married for as long as I have. It feels like if I was to be suddenly single now I'd have no idea what to do. I've only ever been with my wife ya'know. It's scary.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    815165 wrote: »

Chelle loves me.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Sometimes you want filet mignon, and sometimes you want taco bell.
    If you're lucky you only have to make that decision once, but if it's taco bell, you're stuck with it

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

dang

did this have anything to do with the recent policy of trying to discourage dependency on the forums as a means of social contact

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I know for a fact I have bent these winemaker notes into more marketing-ish sentences several times but I can only find the original versions

Argh

desc i hate 2 tell u but you are dead and this is ur sisyphean task for all eterniti-

*checks notes*

Good news! You aren't dead, and this is ur sisyphean task for all eternity!

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

That's sad, but it sounds like he's got a lot on his plate

Facebook makes a lot of people sad, and having established that, we're just talking about degrees

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    When you wake up every morning and acknowledge that you'll never make anyone as happy as boy makes BC.

When you wake up every morning and acknowledge that you could be making someone that happy and instead you've chosen to prioritize your career and live separately from him.

Man, fuck this.

Not to get right up in your business, but

He's also chosen to prioritize his career and live separately from you. It sucks for both of you that society would have that decision be the default for him, but not for you.

Yes and no, I mean, I kinda fucked up.
    Timeline was:
    1. he applied to residencies all over the place; I still hadn't graduated
    2. I graduated and needed to apply to jobs so I applied all over the place with no luck
    3. He got a residency in Philadelphia
    4. I continued to apply places INCLUDING DC+NYC because I was doing this program that promised to hook me up with a data science job in one of those places
    5. I got rejected from everywhere and was super-unhappy, started applying to jobs in Philadelphia but didn't hear back from them either
    6. I got a positive response from my current job and took it.

So I could have continued to look for jobs in Philadelphia, or not taken advantage of the data science placement thing once we discovered the residency would be in Philly. It's kinda on me. Especially since I've articulated that I also didn't want the emotional/housework labor of dealing with someone who is completely miserable because of his 80 hour weeks from first-year residency. That's...extraordinarily shitty.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    facebook is almost designed to make people feel sad and inadequate

This discussion has been closed.