Options

I'm playing Over[chat]

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Lelo is hyping their new condom design in their monthly email and I am just 100% not interested.

But for you dudes who need to wrap it up, lelo might have a thing you want to see.

Super gyro stabilized and calibrated for all your needs.

Oh it's also ribbed

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Maybe it is like the no homo thing, though. Maybe the cucked are the ones truly comfortable with their virility and it's we who find cuckoldry bizarre that are the insecure ones, unable to handle the implied dissatisfaction of our partners..

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Guys, guys

FF11

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Also Rick and morty is.... Cute? The meseeks thing was hilarious but I mean, overall it's just...cute. Like a brunette at a redhead party

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Casual wrote: »
    @Hakkekage

FF15 Dog bro plus sexy noctis bro and sexy dad bro

cov_277_l.jpg

huh this looks very different from previous FF aesthetics

i like it

The idea is fantasy based on reality. Sorta like the ideas from something like but with a bigger push towards real world stuff.

It's super cool and one of my personal favorite styles in general. So I'm extra psyched that they are doing that sorta thing with this game.

a lot of people will go nuts that it isn't the usually acid trip weeb type stuff but for me the whole point of Final Fantasy is that it's a series where they can do something radically different each time

experimentation is the entire point

Exactly.

I mean this one does look pretty damn weeb.

But weeb in all the ways that have me hyped out of control.

A game has never looked to appeal to my tastes so specifically as FF15 looks to so my hype meter is completely broken.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    FF6 best FF.

full stop.

The End.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it's a funny thing here

like pretty much everyone spends most of their day fucking off and blaming other people for why things don't get done

but new people come in and see this and they don't have years of experience getting away with it so the shit they pull is just

come on man

come on

don't ruin it for the rest of us

you can't just set your phone to unavailable and take a 20 minute nap at your desk

there are rules

i mean there aren't rules but

there are guidelines

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Dang, Merle Haggard didn't just die, he died on his birthday.

For a guy who was raised in a boxcar and saw Johnny Cash at Folsom because he was actually doing time at Folsom, that is one country as hell way to go out.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Arch at the Wolfmother concert i went to last night, there was a girl standing next to me who this guy was (very poorly) trying to hit on

i started talking to her and she's a grad student at UW who studies and is obsessed with insects

i thought of you and was like 'oh Arch would like her....oh well'

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    i have liked more final fantasies than i haven't and every time i try a new one i have this weird feeling of trepidation that evaporates an hour or two in

the games are almost never 100% successful. sometimes they have interesting casts meandering through a listless story (XIII). other times the characters never click for me no matter how potentially interesting the story is (X). several times a strong story kind of tails off in the third act as it feels like the game is scrambling to pad out its playable hours rather than attend to its pacing or follow-through on the promise of its first two acts (VII, VIII, XII). sometimes the game is just what the fuck garbage (V). sometimes it's one of the best games ever made (IV, VI).

but it's really rare that I actually begrudge the time I put into a final fantasy because they reward even a cursory effort with a ton of high-gloss spectacle, a couple of interesting game systems, and sometimes something really interesting slips through the cracks

noooo but V tho

V has great combat mechanics but is otherwise pretty shit honestly

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Having not played a final fantasy game in over 20 years and knowing jack shit about the "lore". It seems that the entire franchise was made by someone who thought Zelda has too much goddamn continuity.

They generally don't even share a world. There isn't a Hyrule of Final Fantasy. There isn't a lore more coherent than "Bahamut is a large thing, I guess." And sometimes Bahamut is a small human.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I would write America Rap but I don't have the heart to throw shade on the queen

she's like a stuffed animal you wish your friend would grow out of. You don't want to be mean about it

You ain't even gotta write the raps anymore, not since Hamilton exists

Yorktown is basically an ode to American greatness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpsuEcKW8ZE&nohtml5=False

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Maybe it is like the no homo thing, though. Maybe the cucked are the ones truly comfortable with their virility and it's we who find cuckoldry bizarre that are the insecure ones, unable to handle the implied dissatisfaction of our partners..

There's a subset of the cuckold fetish where it isn't the humiliation of seeing your partner with someone else that's the appeal, it's then having your partner after the someone else and showing them how much better than the someone else you are.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Guys, guys

FF11

I played that one somewhere between EQ an WoW.

Some great stuff placed into an unforgivingly slow system.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    i have liked more final fantasies than i haven't and every time i try a new one i have this weird feeling of trepidation that evaporates an hour or two in

the games are almost never 100% successful. sometimes they have interesting casts meandering through a listless story (XIII). other times the characters never click for me no matter how potentially interesting the story is (X). several times a strong story kind of tails off in the third act as it feels like the game is scrambling to pad out its playable hours rather than attend to its pacing or follow-through on the promise of its first two acts (VII, VIII, XII). sometimes the game is just what the fuck garbage (V). sometimes it's one of the best games ever made (IV, VI).

but it's really rare that I actually begrudge the time I put into a final fantasy because they reward even a cursory effort with a ton of high-gloss spectacle, a couple of interesting game systems, and sometimes something really interesting slips through the cracks

noooo but V tho

V has great combat mechanics but is otherwise pretty shit honestly

hats on mans!

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I had to stop the implicit bias test because it hurt my eyes more than it opened my mind.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Having not played a final fantasy game in over 20 years and knowing jack shit about the "lore". It seems that the entire franchise was made by someone who thought Zelda has too much goddamn continuity.

They generally don't even share a world. There isn't a Hyrule of Final Fantasy. There isn't a lore more coherent than "Bahamut is a large thing, I guess." And sometimes Bahamut is a small human.

i mean you'd have to be on different worlds because how many final fantasies can you have in the same place

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    it's a funny thing here

like pretty much everyone spends most of their day fucking off and blaming other people for why things don't get done

but new people come in and see this and they don't have years of experience getting away with it so the shit they pull is just

come on man

come on

you can't just set your phone to unavailable and take a 20 minute nap at your desk

there are rules

there are guidelines
    to be fair all companies should have designated nap times and comfy places to sleep

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    FF6 best FF.

full stop.

The End.

when a few of the devs did a convention thing in europe a year or so back, they were confused when fans brought in copies of ff6 to get signed and not ff7

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Also Rick and morty is.... Cute? The meseeks thing was hilarious but I mean, overall it's just...cute. Like a brunette at a redhead party

It's cute but it has teeth, the perfect combo. It's a good show.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

noooo but V tho

was your favorite part of V the characters who never talk to each other or the evil tree

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

There are a ton of cute things mixed in with the depressing things in Rick and Morty, especially in one season two episode.

• Options

There's a subset of the cuckold fetish where it isn't the humiliation of seeing your partner with someone else that's the appeal, it's then having your partner after the someone else and showing them how much better than the someone else you are.

That's it, I'm getting my phd in cuckoldry

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    Guys, guys

FF11

I played that one somewhere between EQ an WoW.

Some great stuff placed into an unforgivingly slow system.

215482441_ApZpG-2100x20000.jpg

Utterly inexplicable.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I never got into FF.

I was at a pals house years ago and started playing the one where you start in a school, played for about 30 minutes, went "Nah" and shut it off.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    @bowen while I agree the KSP multiplayer would be fun there's no way I'd ever actually log in :P

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    XII for life.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage

FF15 Dog bro plus sexy noctis bro and sexy dad bro

cov_277_l.jpg

huh this looks very different from previous FF aesthetics

i like it

The idea is fantasy based on reality. Sorta like the ideas from something like but with a bigger push towards real world stuff.

It's super cool and one of my personal favorite styles in general. So I'm extra psyched that they are doing that sorta thing with this game.

a lot of people will go nuts that it isn't the usually acid trip weeb type stuff but for me the whole point of Final Fantasy is that it's a series where they can do something radically different each time

experimentation is the entire point

I agree. I really loved it when X went to brighter colors and an almost island aesthetic. The previous ones had done the dark and dingy for so long it was like a breath of fresh air. 15 isn't really the style I enjoy, but every game doesn't have to be for me ya know.

The only thing I miss is a focus on the old style gameplay. They re do the engine every time where I would actively enjoy a game with the turn based style so much more.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Alright, I mentioned it yesterday, but vacillated on actually posting it due to incredibly NSFW lyrics.

So now you've been warned: Incredibly NSFW, potentially offensive lyrics accompany this SpaceX montage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih4CeAHK-IU

• Options

noooo but V tho

was your favorite part of V the characters who never talk to each other or the evil tree

That's not true, they totally talk to each other. Like when Faris is passing as a man, but her feminine beauty shines through and sends Bartz and Galuf into a gay panic.

• Options
    I forgot how amazing and ridiculous gun arguments could be. *leans forward in chair*

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    XII for life.

i liked the Shakespearean vibe of XII and it is absolutely the one where the combat mechanics clicked with me the most

• Options

noooo but V tho

That's not true, they totally talk to each other. Like when Faris is passing as a man, but her feminine beauty shines through and sends Bartz and Galuf into a gay panic.

Who amongst us hasn't been there

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

The Meeseeks episode? You mean the one with the attempted rape?

I don't know if I'd call the show cute. They throw some pretty raucous shit in there.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

It's cute but it has teeth, the perfect combo. It's a good show.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=JJ83r886Kyg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    @bowen while I agree the KSP multiplayer would be fun there's no way I'd ever actually log in :P

@Aioua you can set up private servers it looks like

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Some of those videos are pretty heartbreaking, like the ones where people laugh as a woman snacks and shoves and berates a man. Qq.

i sense a deep fascination with cuckling within you chu

Oh, no. I had an ex who put her hands on me several times so it is genuinely upsetting.

hm. going to have to recalibrate my cuck sensors

i actually don't see the appeal of cuckoldry at all. i can relate a little more to like, an old bro or a bro with ED or whatever- this is sort of their pseudo sexual involvement? but if you are able bodied it's hard for me to imagine you enjoy being made to feel inadequate, even if it's role play or whatever

I think it isn't just inadequacy/masochism, it's also about violation/transgression--in porn along these lines, the "bull" is usually a larger, more intimidating man who's got a bigger unit, often black with all the neurotic sexual racism tied up in that, etc

These men want to see the object of their lust being overwhelmed, see their boundaries strained, see them as objects upon which inexorable power acts, and the associated mix of desire/shame about that desire/anxiety or discomfort with boundary-pushing and lack of control over it/fulfillment of secret deep yearnings. Violation comes into it in that the "wrongness" more starkly defines the overwhelming nature of that power and/or the intensity of the woman's secret desire.

I think that's a big part of a lot of porn, including "big cocks" (especially associated with smaller women), the obsession with "interracial," painal, bestiality, machine porn, rape fantasy, etc

Also high porn consumption makes you more aroused by voyeurism than participation, which makes cuckold play a natural step, probably

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    wandering wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    better call saul rules

i love the people who complain "man the show moves too slow wah wah wah"

because theses are the same numbnuts that were saying, when breaking bad ended "they should make a spinoff with saul i'd watch him get coffee!"
    to be clear what I said was they should make an animated Saul spin off and air it on saturday mornings

BETTER CALL S.A.U.L.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    implicit bias tests available here if anyone is interested: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

apparently my implicit data reveals that I strongly identify with CALM rather than ANXIOUS

which is not exactly earth-shaking news, I was pretty aware of the fact that I am not the anxious type

but neat test, though. Their test idea might have something going for it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    it's a funny thing here

come on man

come on

there are rules

there are guidelines

Yeah get on the level, bring in sleeping bag and pillows and go to sleep under your desk, pull in your chair, turn out your lights.

This way the boss thinks you're busy doing work like meeting with clients.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.