Glad to see he's branching out

Fkin unbelievable Ludious in his moment of triumph n everything

Look, we were all rooting for him.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I did a bunch of musicals/choir in high school and college. I always really enjoyed that and I don't really know anyone in my area. Maybe I should audition for something.
    O'rly? What shows? I sang in "South Pacific", "1776" (the guy who reads all of Washington's letters and gets a solo, even!), and I was pit orchestra for "Pippin", "Barnum", "Into the Woods", and "How to Succeed in Business".

1776 is awesome. I love that song where they argue about what should be the national bird. I was Nathan Detroit in Guys and Dolls and did stuff in Beauty and the Beast and West Side Story in high school. In college I did "George M!" which is a musical that has Yankee Doodle in it and got to fake drink.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Beasto is streaming his many attempts against great wood in ds3

I might bail soon on account of sick
    fuck that boss

fuck it
    ? I thought he was pretty easy. The adds are more difficult than he is

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Is stagnation bad, yes. LoL has been stagnate on any actual gameplay expansions outside of heroes and that's a downside I'd like to see fixed.

maybe because I follow it closely, but I don't think this is the case

I guess I think of it like a sport -- there are not a bunch of new shots in basketball (usually), but new players, new strategies, new blah blah

but the game is the game, the court is the court, dunks and layups and 3 pointers are what they are

league gets new heroes with new mechanics, old heroes come and go in terms of who is strong based on patches and new items, new strategies

it seems very vibrant to me as someone who both plays and watches professional play

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Bail now

I go rest sickness away

Go help beasto with dark souls he's still playing

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

fuck that boss

fuck it
    the adds weren't even slightly a problem

i literally knocked him into phase 2 before i aggroed any of them

attacking that goddamn hand with a claymore was a nightmare

he's whipping it around, puking up stagger acid all over the place, and the hand has a grab with a hitbox the size of wisconsin

Elendil on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

fuck that boss

fuck it

The hardest part of that boss was cutting up the corpse for firewood

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    i am about to put an orange in my mouth

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    the MOBA genre tolerates even less variance in game design or monetization strategy than is usual for the games industry.

It'd be the exact same thing every goddamn MOBA is with different skins and the kind of utterly trivial game design tweaks that define the current frontrunners in the genre.

I think this is unfair. Heroes of the Storm is a very different game from League of Legends.

sarcasm? I can't tell. To someone who is not into MOBAs they are pretty much identical. But the tiny tweaks between each game are exactly the kind of things a fan would hype up as OMG SO MAJOR DIFFERENCE WOW.

No, not sarcasm. They share basic genre conventions, but they're as different as Counterstrike and Halo. PvE is far more important in Heroes of the Storm, and rewards are shared across your entire team. This encourages your team to dive into the game's dungeons and work together to accomplish PvE goals. It also has a lot of mechanisms that discourage sniping and assassination (or, more accurately, assassination and countering assassination is a much larger part of the game in LoL). This gives it a much friendlier feel. You no longer have to worry that one member of your team is level 6 while the rest of you are level 10, for example. Weak links on the team drag you down a lot more in LoL. Not only does their progression lag behind the rest of the team (which doesn't happen in HotS), but they are vulnerable to aggressive enemies which is where the notion of "feeding" comes from.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Neco it's only Thursday

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    mobas are badd tho

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    what is BEAST!'s twitch name?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    what is BEAST!'s twitch name?

Probably not expertlumberjack

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »
    Chanus check your PMs, which will tell you to check your email!

Now I hope the email is a reminder to look at facebook.

which will be a post reminding him to check his twitter account, which will contain a reminder to look at the forums...

which then sent me to a carrier pigeon which directed me to a lost pony express messenger bag that had been buried in the nevada desert for over one hundred years which indicated i should follow the actual telegraph wire to the coast where i found a message in a bottle but i guess the seal was bad because it's all ruined and i can't read it oh nooooooo

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    OMG my labrum wasn't torn - 3 day recovery vs 6 month. Praise jeebus

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Now get huge in his name Jake

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Neco it's only Thursday

Don't worry, I still have another one left, my kiwis 'n oranges stream is still happening tomorrow.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Chanus wrote: »

which will be a post reminding him to check his twitter account, which will contain a reminder to look at the forums...

which then sent me to a carrier pigeon which directed me to a lost pony express messenger bag that had been buried in the nevada desert for over one hundred years which indicated i should follow the actual telegraph wire to the coast where i found a message in a bottle but i guess the seal was bad because it's all ruined and i can't read it oh nooooooo
    The twist! The message was actually written by YOU, before you got dementia in your old age. It says how much you love spool32. *weeps openly*

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

nice now celebrate by overdoing it

• Options

The twist! The message was actually written by YOU, before you got dementia in your old age. It says how much you love spool32. *weeps openly*

omg that's so sad but also so sweet

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    As for stagnation, one of my complaints about LoL is regarding the release of new champions.

LoL at its core is fundamentally about assessing risk. You need to take risks to gain gold and experience, but if you get killed, you've given gold and experience to the enemy team. You need to be able to quickly judge a situation and determine if the enemy in your sights is predator or prey.

This becomes much more difficult with unfamiliar champions. Consequently, getting back into the game, or playing casually, are much more difficult for no other reason than you don't know what the new champions do. This is regardless of your overall skill with your own champion or your skill with the game.

It really turns me off from returning to the game after a hiatus.

But if they don't release new champions periodically then hardcore players will get bored.

I don't really have a solution to this, except maybe make the game design a little more forgiving towards risk-assessment mistakes (as HotS does). But HotS is too forgiving for me, and I find it remarkably boring.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Just have to hope the cleanup they did actually fixed it and it's not still there

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    SAN you get an F rating because you don't have free wifi

No, thirty minute session free from Boingo or whatever does not count because it's bullshit and also the wifi is horrible and can't even fully load a forum page. Automatic fail. Try again.

• Options
    ok i'm gonna go get drunk it's been a hell of a week

and then go to work tomorrow and not give a fuck

also i'll probably be still posting all night but

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

YES!!! HIGH FIVE!!!!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

YES!!! HIGH FIVE!!!!

gentle high five!!!

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I'm fairly confident the new Firefox update broke some part of Youtube again, but I can't quite be sure.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

The message read "check your left back pocket"

• Options
    Expert removal of a botfly larva

This sounds like an interesting youtubes.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Was driving, smelled barbecue. Stopped to investigate.

This is perhaps the 2nd worst barbecue I've ever eaten, after the place in the Memphis airport that charged 20 bucks for four little ribs that looked as if someone else had chewed the good bits off first.

The meat is under seasoned, the cornbread tastes like sour ass, and the only obvious difference between the "spicy" and "regular" sauce is the "spicy" has a slightly less overpowering amount of molasses.

Granted I'm still going to eat this stuff but only once I've gotten home and can slather it in actual good sauce instead of this crap.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    apparently a guy just set the record for SMB1 at 4:57.26

which is 10 frames off of a literal perfect run

Tool assisted, or manual?

manual

I think tool assisted has been perfect for a while

perfect as in nobody can find a better route and/or they have proven they have the best possible route

there are only like, five places in the whole route where you're not running to the right as fast as possible

edit:
    this vid

This bastard's heart going cray

So, how does the thing on the side integrate with his NES or, I guess, SNES, or GameCube or Wii?

it's a program they're running as part of the video capture/productions/streaming thing

usually they just hit a button on the keyboard when they reach one of the splits, which I think he was doing here; all the splits were in the level transition scenes so he didn't need to be doing controller input at that time

it's not super accurate or anything but with stuff like this they go back and measure the recording frame by frame

Seems unlikely that it was manual as it showed a 0.0 split at each section. You'd except a small discrepancy from previous times under such a situation.

@Apothe0sis

dude beat the whole game off of perfect by 1/6th of a second

I'm not surprised he could hit those marks within 1/10th

edit: I mean maybe he had a thing that hit the splits automatically but I haven't heard of that before

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Oh my god

Girl's dad just stopped by, he stopped to pick up her prescriptions and was dropping them off

He was explaining when and how she should take them, and I nodded enthusiastically to express my understanding

Then I said "Don't worry, I'll make sure it gets in her."

And then my brain started screaming and it hasn't stopped.

Tell me his eyes narrowed slightly and he held eye contact for just a few seconds longer than comfortable during the farewell handshake.

Oh crap should I be shaking his hand

"I feel it is only proper etiquette to inform you that parts of this hand you are about to shake have been inside your daughter"

anytime you shake someones hand

know that it has most likely has held a penis

@Shazkar Shadowstorm I just shook Howard Dean's hand and this is all I could think about. F u dude you ruined me.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

This is perhaps the 2nd worst barbecue I've ever eaten, after the place in the Memphis airport that charged 20 bucks for four little ribs that looked as if someone else had chewed the good bits off first.

The meat is under seasoned, the cornbread tastes like sour ass, and the only obvious difference between the "spicy" and "regular" sauce is the "spicy" has a slightly less overpowering amount of molasses.

Granted I'm still going to eat this stuff but only once I've gotten home and can slather it in actual good sauce instead of this crap.

Where are you? Bad BBQ is against the law in some states.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    hrrm

my laptop gets online just fine

my desktop, when plugged into my laptop via ethernet and then bridging the two connections, gets online just fine, though the speed's not great

when my desktop is plugged directly into the modem, it can access a few sites, but not many, and cannot log into Steam or Origin

this is weird and confusing

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    someone pls adopt me
    B3RPgIb.jpg
    *puppy dog eyes*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Spokompton

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Souls Guy on night shift does sub 2 hour speed runs of Dark Souls 1.

The level of mastery speed runners can have over a game is ridiculous.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

I speak with great authority, having eaten a significant percentage of my meals in airports over the last few years, that airport food obeys no man's law.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Howie's man took a super shitty pic.

cUY7BkG.jpg

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Cinders NO DARLING NO

Dont get into Parasite removal vids

This discussion has been closed.