Options

Is this [chat] conference over yet? Yes, yes it is

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am just not a fan of the overwhelming flavors of US sushi. I prefer the more traditional sushi myself. That is why I go for. But good for others enjoying whatever.

uh excuse me don't you dare turn against the way and the light of blueberry wasabi inside out roll

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    I've never really liked the authentic/non authentic thing.

Food gets altered by the environment it's made in. Food evolves. That doesn't make it inauthentic.

No, but it can make it gross.

Then it's gross.

DK's stories have taught us that authenticity does not prevent food from being gross.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I am just not a fan of the overwhelming flavors of US sushi. I prefer the more traditional sushi myself. That is why I go for. But good for others enjoying whatever.

uh excuse me don't you dare turn against the way and the light of blueberry wasabi inside out roll

This sounds overly sweet to me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Watching the episode of Star Trek that's totally not about transgender people.

Kinda hamfisted but it's at least coming down on the right side, mostly.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    @mazzyx, @jacobkosh, @bloodyroarxx

These are the Ukrainian movie posters for Cap 3.

GnWmSMX.jpg

o17KZaM.jpg

3PH7W5L.jpg

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Vegas Roll
    sinfully delicious.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Aaaaahhhhh I got a scholarship awarded!

It's "only" 500 dollars so it's not like it's huge or something, but!

I've never been a scholarship student before!

!!

I had a scholarship once and I can give you some advice

don't spend three semesters doing nothing but playing Starsiege Tribes with your roommate

just don't

yes well it's uh

it's not a coincidence that I'm returning to school for a bachelor's degree at 32

Instead of say, already having one in 2004

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I am playing Darkest of Souls the Third FINALLY!!! My internet got cut by lawn repair guys, so I bought an XBONE and then had to use the work Mifi to get everything downloaded and running. BUT FINALLY I HAVE PUT MYSELF THROUGH HELL SO THAT I CAN PUT MYSELF THROUGH MORE HELL

Praise the sun!

I do not know if there are data caps on this Mifi, I am praying there are not, otherwise my convo with my boss is gonna get REAL awkward at the end of the month

• Options
    You're in St. Louis? Why? And are you coming to Chicago?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Man we are that together in Seattle! It was the best thing we ordered!

@desc back me up here with details of a PAX meal from five years ago

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Authenticity is a trap.

There's a Mexican place here in town that has "San Diego's best burrito!" As a tag line.

Which is great and all, but this ain't San Diego. San Diego is 1300 miles that way :arrow:

I disagree, slightly. You are right in that authentic does not mean better. But if I want an authentic Jambalaya then Applebee's Jambalaya Pasta is going to disappoint.

Sure. That's because Applebee's is making something they call Jambalaya and banking on people who have no idea what Jambalaya is to shell money on it because it's exotic/different than what they normally get.

But authenticity is a trap, because it implies nothing can be improved. Perhaps by applying techniques that aren't from the area, using ingredients that weren't available at the time, you get a better product.

This is why one of my favorite episodes of Mind of a Chef is Sean Brock having the Hot Brown and then going back and deconstructing it for fine dining.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    hrrm

my laptop gets online just fine

my desktop, when plugged into my laptop via ethernet and then bridging the two connections, gets online just fine, though the speed's not great

when my desktop is plugged directly into the modem, it can access a few sites, but not many, and cannot log into Steam or Origin

this is weird and confusing

Try

cmd prompt
    Ipconfig /flushdns

Nope, still timing out. Thanks, though!

Yeah, from the description it is definitely not a dns issue.

I would suggest

Comparing ipconfig /all on the laptop and desktop in each of the scenarios

And checking the model of modem - for the ports available and making sure you aren't plugging into an inappropriate port.

It could also be a duplex or MTU issue but they get a bit more complicated to diagnose with a few suggestions in chat

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

The good news is that most places you can get sushi you'll get sashimi, nigiri and simple rolls.

• Options
    Alazull, have you seen the Search for General Tso?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    You're in St. Louis? Why? And are you coming to Chicago?

I'm not in St. Louis, I was trying to make my quesadilla sound more authentic. :P

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

Food gets altered by the environment it's made in. Food evolves. That doesn't make it inauthentic.

LIKE CHICAGO PIZZA

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I want to play a game that is Overwatch

Can anyone recommend a game that is Overwatch for me to play?

Uh, I want to say... Spyro the Dragon 2: Ripto's Rage?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Does anyone even play the decision on xbone anymore?

I feel I was sold a bill of goods

why did you think trusting chat was a good idea when it comes to playing a game?

You're right I should have known better. I guess I'll play this game I don't like with people I don't know

Play destiny you filthy butt.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    my boss is super cool though

I bet if I straight up told him "look, this was the only way I could play dark souls and watch star wars trailers" he's probably look me dead in the eye and say, "So what you're saying is that you needed to download some large documents that a customer asked you to look at and do live streaming with them to discuss. I see no problems here."

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

LIKE CHICAGO PIZZA

I've literally seen you enjoy Chicago Pizza.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Man we are that together in Seattle! It was the best thing we ordered!

@desc back me up here with details of a PAX meal from five years ago

We all loved it!

• Options
    At least they portray the gender deprogramming as something monstrous.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    you can enjoy anything with enough wine

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »

The good news is that most places you can get sushi you'll get sashimi, nigiri and simple rolls.

I know this.

I don't live in a bubble.

I do think it can come down to the focus of the chef. My favorite place in Colorado is an old Japanese dude. He makes very simple sushi and focuses on the rice. He has a few American style rolls. I think two? A dragon and one called a Nemo roll. But because of his focus on rice and and such his sushi is much better than a lot of the other places.

There are bonuses to specialization over being a jack of all trades.

Also it doesn't hurt that I dated his niece too.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    yay now the Baby is awake, kiddoroar doesnt want to go back to bed AND they arent going over cause it all blew over.

fuck this shit.

Don't talk smack about the MiL

Remember what happened last time

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Time to scan and probe and see if I can discovery riches!

Ooh, I found a wormhole. Let's get Regrettable Zeal II and boldly strike forth into the unknown!

ZobXuLY.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    conclusion: ouch no wormholes are awful

khOq6To.jpg

I have no idea how I got out of that warp scramble, but one second I was trying to get away from a descending horde of Sleeper ships, where I had earlier barely managed to kill one, and I was warp scrambled and it looked like I was toast and I was watching the armor disappearing and then... warp drive active. I got away.

With 1,4 bloody million in loot! From destroying one small Sleeper!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Flashback to get jiro where he chops a dude's head off for putting sushi in the soy sauce the wrong way

• Options

I know this.

I don't live in a bubble.

I do think it can come down to the focus of the chef. My favorite place in Colorado is an old Japanese dude. He makes very simple sushi and focuses on the rice. He has a few American style rolls. I think two? A dragon and one called a Nemo roll. But because of his focus on rice and and such his sushi is much better than a lot of the other places.

There are bonuses to specialization over being a jack of all trades.

Also it doesn't hurt that I dated his niece too.

That sounds awesome.

There's a place like this in Seattle that my friends took me to, can't remember the name because we had been drinking a lot.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Agrees end in 313! Just like Donald Duck's car-plate.

• Options
    I usually just go to sushiland

Cause it cheap af

• Options
    Alazull, have you seen the Search for General Tso?

No, actually I haven't. I've heard about it, read some of the reviews and papers around it. It's definitely on my list.

If you're interested in food documentaries I recommend I Like Killing Flies, Three Tables (iirc), and Jiro Dreams of Sushi.

• Options
    Sushi Maki is still my favorite, but there are lots of good places to go.

• Options
    I don't eat sushi because they never cook the sashimi how I like it - well done

• Options
    Guys we need to stop talking about food, this kitchen isn't packing itself.

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

You could ask for this.

You'll be laughed at, cajoled.

But chances are if you're willing to pay they'll do it.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

this guy

• Options
    Guys we need to stop talking about food, this kitchen isn't packing itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYUnt9K-JKs

• Options
    Jiro is so good.

• Options
    This has been a very profitable excursion. I'm retracing my path now with my salvaging destroyer, so we'll see what the profit will be at the end. Substantial, probably.

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.