As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Might as well face it you're addicted to [Love]

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i drank and continue to drink malt liquor

the forty ounce bottles are no longer glass, which makes it less fun

but easier to drink a forty

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    This Tinder match is like, 100% some sort of scam or robot

But it's been one of those days, and I'm willing to talk to a robot I guess

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Its cheap but you can still get tipsy.

Only time I've been really, truly, properly drunk, was at university on Strongbow.

It's the only time for a reason!

I too have been very, very drunk on Strongbow because; cheap and plentiful

It's not too bad for extreme drunkeness you just need to go to the loo a lot because it's pretty weak too so lots and lots of pints

Well I sure spent a lot of time getting acquainted with the bathroom, where at one point the cold, hard floor tiles seemed like the most inviting place to fall asleep.

Pretty sure I've not touched Strongbow since.

Ah yes

I have slept on many a tiled floor in my day. Mostly kitchens and bathrooms in people's houses, mind. The bath looks comfy right? It's a trick! Sleep on the floor instead, the bath will be murder on your back.

Also really if you've got any scratch to your name at all your can do much better than Strongbow mate

Oh, I'm not loaded, but this was back at uni where a) I didn't drink much anyway, and b) my housemates were buying the alcohol with the intent of getting me drunk for the first time. It was pretty much the exact opposite of how/what I choose to drink, which is little and good-tasting.

You're a better man than I, Sam

Everyone else'd be on Carling at £1 a pint, I'd be on Budweiser at the princely £1.50 because it just tasted better. Or if we went to Ride (the best bar in Plymouth, sadly no longer there), I'd drop a princely £5 on Hoegaarden because I wanted to drink something nice.

Wait a minute. Wait. A. Minute.

What the hell were your classmates drinking that Budweiser tasted better?

Firstly, they were drinking Carling which is chilled cat-piss. Secondly, Budweiser from a tap was actually really nice, it had a refreshing creamy flavour to it.

Only time I've been really, truly, properly drunk, was at university on Strongbow.

It's not too bad for extreme drunkeness you just need to go to the loo a lot because it's pretty weak too so lots and lots of pints

Well I sure spent a lot of time getting acquainted with the bathroom, where at one point the cold, hard floor tiles seemed like the most inviting place to fall asleep.

Ah yes

I have slept on many a tiled floor in my day. Mostly kitchens and bathrooms in people's houses, mind. The bath looks comfy right? It's a trick! Sleep on the floor instead, the bath will be murder on your back.

Also really if you've got any scratch to your name at all your can do much better than Strongbow mate

Oh, I'm not loaded, but this was back at uni where a) I didn't drink much anyway, and b) my housemates were buying the alcohol with the intent of getting me drunk for the first time. It was pretty much the exact opposite of how/what I choose to drink, which is little and good-tasting.

Everyone else'd be on Carling at £1 a pint, I'd be on Budweiser at the princely £1.50 because it just tasted better. Or if we went to Ride (the best bar in Plymouth, sadly no longer there), I'd drop a princely £5 on Hoegaarden because I wanted to drink something nice.

Ah now my mate says Hoegaarden is very nice

I can't drink beer these days sadly because as a teenager I was very, very ill due to beer and it means that even just the smell makes me feel ill

You're a man of discerning taste though I can tell. Having a bit of class is no cause for shame shame.

Personally I'd buy loads of any cocktail that's on offer before I had any cash. There was a bar at my uni where you could get two White Russians for a fiver and I would regularly get four at a time. The Barman once laughed at a very tipsy me trying to get them all back to the table at once and said "bit much for you there?" to which I graciously responded "YOU'RE NOT MY DAD"

Fortunately he thought it was hilarious and helped me get them over there. Legend.

Oh man yeah the other thing I'd do would be, in the same bar as I'd get Hoegaarden, they'd have some good "2-for-£5" cocktails, so I'd get a couple of black or white russians, and where I learned to enjoy a good long-island iced tea! But still only a couple, mind. I've just never really been one for getting hammered!

forumsig.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Robot talks always cheer me up for some reason.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

Ah yes

Firstly, they were drinking Carling which is chilled cat-piss. Secondly, Budweiser from a tap was actually really nice, it had a refreshing creamy flavour to it.

Ah yes

I can't drink beer these days sadly because as a teenager I was very, very ill due to beer and it means that even just the smell makes me feel ill

You're a man of discerning taste though I can tell. Having a bit of class is no cause for shame shame.

Personally I'd buy loads of any cocktail that's on offer before I had any cash. There was a bar at my uni where you could get two White Russians for a fiver and I would regularly get four at a time. The Barman once laughed at a very tipsy me trying to get them all back to the table at once and said "bit much for you there?" to which I graciously responded "YOU'RE NOT MY DAD"

Fortunately he thought it was hilarious and helped me get them over there. Legend.

Oh man yeah the other thing I'd do would be, in the same bar as I'd get Hoegaarden, they'd have some good "2-for-£5" cocktails, so I'd get a couple of black or white russians, and where I learned to enjoy a good long-island iced tea! But still only a couple, mind. I've just never really been one for getting hammered!

Well good for you, knowing what you enjoy like that and sticking to your guns!

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    I just need vodka and a mixer to keep me happy. Just please accept my no if I say I can't do shots. I know when they will lead to me throwing up, which is most of the time. My days of shotting absinthe to start the night are long gone!

Sambuca is the devil. Closely followed by tequila.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

Robot talks always cheer me up for some reason.

It had been a while, I was starting to wonder if Tinder had like, gotten good at getting rid of them

A ridiculous thought, I know

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I just booked my graduation tickets and robes.

Suggested robe:
    70a11e743b9d7e2050f6e902d7886df2.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    White bird featherless
    Flew from paradise
    Lit on the castle wall
    Along came Lord Landless
    Took it up handless
    Rode away horseless
    To the King's white hall

• Options

Ah yes

Ah yes

Cheers buddy! I think my equivalent to your situation there would be the time I bought two black russians thinking someone else was going to take one off my hands, then they'd buy two drinks later and I'd do the same, but then found myself drinking one whilst holding the other and feeling like everyone in the room was judging me and my obvious alcoholism.

forumsig.png
  • Options

Ah yes

Ah yes

Cheers buddy! I think my equivalent to your situation there would be the time I bought two black russians thinking someone else was going to take one off my hands, then they'd buy two drinks later and I'd do the same, but then found myself drinking one whilst holding the other and feeling like everyone in the room was judging me and my obvious alcoholism.

Ah the old double drinker

Very useful at a packed bar, really

I am sure nobody was judging you. Well nobody worth paying attention to anyway!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I've been very ill thanks to everything. doesn't stop me from drinking it though.

Except vodka. But that's because it is a bland drink.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    As someone who gets drunk very quickly, Strongbow is my cider of choice when I don't want to get more than tipsy.
    If I've got to liqueur it up, I love me some sortilege.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Jaeger bombs are bad do not order Jaeger bombs.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i have been spectacularly drunk and sick on and due to various things, but the only two drinks i avoid are Woodchuck, and boilermakers (in the US, it's a kind of depth charge.)
    the inciting incident for the latter was on a trip for a sister-out-law's college graduation, and we were on a barcrawl of the local haunts.
    the first stop was the cheapest of shitty bars, drink served to us in a clear plastic cup (Coors lite, or something similarly cheap but nasty) with a plastic straw to push down the medicine-cup 'shotglass'; there wasn't enough beer to even fully cover the shot. the bartender was going to use well whiskey, but someone opted to upgrade to Jameson.

i felt disgusted just from the smell of it, and i've blocked out if i actually shot it entire, or just the Jameson. an ominous beginning to the night.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    I've been very ill thanks to everything. doesn't stop me from drinking it though.

Except vodka. But that's because it is a bland drink.

Yeah I really wish I could drink beer tbh

But it makes me feel sick even if I just have a little sip

Probably just my body remembers much better than my mind, first time drinking as a young teen and had faaaaaar too much, I guess that's it then!

• Options

Ah yes

Ah yes

Ah the old double drinker

Very useful at a packed bar, really

I am sure nobody was judging you. Well nobody worth paying attention to anyway!

Oh definitely, yeah that's really more illustrative of the kind of person I was back then.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    As someone who gets drunk very quickly, Strongbow is my cider of choice when I don't want to get more than tipsy.
    If I've got to liqueur it up, I love me some sortilege.

Cheap and cheerful.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    strongbow has a bitter aftertaste for me; not a fan at all. if I go cider then it's somersby for apple, magners for pear.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I like to drink a nice hot mug of peppermint tea!

My mother told me that it helps with an upset tummy, but I will drink it even when I don't have an upset tummy!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I drink ginger tea for an upset tummy, Chico - I recommend it!

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

Something called NSAFinder has been filling Seattle's Tinder population with blatant robots. At this point I'm convinced I shall die alone, embalmed by many different kinds of delicious alcohols.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    There are only two things I can no longer drink. Magners, from the night I celebrated defeating teen pregnancy a little too vociferously. And peach-flavoured vodka, because of the friend's birthday where we ran out of beer and mix and decided to play Liquor Pong instead. Don't...don't ever do that.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Don't...don't ever do that.

I must now do this

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

I must now do this

i'll play you

first one to die wins

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Made a big step tonight.
    Had been using my wife's Netflix and Hulu accounts for years. Reactivated my old ones, canceled subscription on hers (I'd been the only one using them the last couple years, it hurt losing the special promotional price on the Netflix streaming for having started it waaay back in the day) and changed the passwords back to her default in case she should ever want them back and not bother having to reset them. Then I spent 15 minutes rating things on Netflix.

Oh also went to the lawyer's and signed some papers or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

I must now do this

i'll play you

first one to die wins

I mean

If you guys are going to do it

At least make sure there's video evidence, so I can prove I wasn't involved

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options

I must now do this

i'll play you

first one to die wins

I shall die as I lived

Soaked in booze and fighting for all of the dignity I will never have

• Options

I must now do this

i'll play you

first one to die wins

I shall die as I lived

and i, once again, will never win

and be forced to live another day

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

I must now do this

i'll play you

first one to die wins

I shall die as I lived

Mine will be a spiteful death. Yours will be a wretched life. Who's to say who the true victor is?

• Options

I must now do this

i'll play you

first one to die wins

I shall die as I lived

Mine will be a spiteful death. Yours will be a wretched life. Who's to say who the true victor is?

that prick, god

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    I WILL DIE ALONE

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

I must now do this

i'll play you

first one to die wins

I shall die as I lived

Me

Dibs on both yer stuff

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mine would be a rollercoaster of a life as it's odd to see it from both ends the violence of then and stressful boredom of now

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Guys killing my buzz

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i can't drink anything (alcoholic or non) raspberry or cranberry flavored thanks to smirnoff vodka in college

ive never had a jagerbomb because every was always like uh never ever do that so i didn't do it

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I did a Jagerbomb last week

They are fine so long as you don't do fifteen of them

• Options
    SchlagholzerSchlagholzer Registered User regular
    I live in Houston and we had a biblical level of rain yesterday (much flooding, floating cars, everything closed) so my wife and I got to chill out with the baby and we drank champagne all day like the classy folks we are.

Oh, and we had tacos and pizza. They paired beautifully.

PSN ID : Schlagholzer
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Now I want pizza tacos

or taco pizzas

either will suffice

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Now I want pizza tacos

or taco pizzas

either will suffice