Options

[FFRK] FF7 Golden Saucer Dating Sim continues. New DU tomorrow night.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    4 stam shards and ready to go for weekend orb rush

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Another option for Mateus is to find a good RW Crushing Blow and just summon that twice to clear out the Azers and take a good chunk out of Mateus (make sure you put one to sleep for medals first, though).

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    On the Ultimate+ Cid fight, is there a way to shut down or silence the robots? I got Cid to within probably 15% and I probably would have won, except by that point I was out of uses of Banishing Strike and his regen was healing him faster than I could kill him. I guess what I might need to do is drop Locke, even though he's my top DPS, and bring PCecil instead. I can give him Life Siphon and Dispel, that way I will have another source of holy damage (Probably 30k holy damage per soul break) and another source of dispel.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    On the Ultimate+ Cid fight, is there a way to shut down or silence the robots? I got Cid to within probably 15% and I probably would have won, except by that point I was out of uses of Banishing Strike and his regen was healing him faster than I could kill him. I guess what I might need to do is drop Locke, even though he's my top DPS, and bring PCecil instead. I can give him Life Siphon and Dispel, that way I will have another source of holy damage (Probably 30k holy damage per soul break) and another source of dispel.

I killed the rooks because of the healing they do. With all my mitigation up (wall, breaks, protectga), Cid wasn't doing that much damage either

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

I just ignored them, just make sure you save a use of banishing strike for the regen. It's fixed based on health percent I think?

I had 6 uses of Banishing Strike on Ramza w/ R2 Full Break and it ended up working out pretty well.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah... I got him all the way down to just the last little bit and was out of Banishing Strike, and then he was healing like 9600 per tick of regen.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Tried U+ cause hell, it's 1 stamina. Went with the 'ignore the rooks' strategy. Again, basically totally out of hones by the end and mismanaged my Power Breakdown/Full Break on him, but crossed the finish line with both an SLG (which wouldn't have done much anyway), Hallowed Bolt, AND Lakshmi queued up in case he was going to try anything with the rooks dead, but Ramza got the kill by bonking him with a normal attack. One medal for turns, one for damage.

RnMEAuy.jpg

Actually had some issues with his damage since he refused to be stunned by Dismissal and loved to spam his def ignoring attack, but nothing too serious. RW was MG8 and was nigh useless besides the major regen, but my selection was crappy anyway and I figured would've taken 1 stamina just to cycle them to get the HotE/Basch equiv or Miracle Prayer I wanted.

Setup
    BQDyQw9.png

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I really wish I had some FFXII synergy. I think I have a dagger and an accessory.

• Options
    edited April 2016

Putting Reflect on Cid kind of shuts down the robots. They stop trying to buff Cid (though if they're in the middle of casting when the Reflect goes up, you get the benefit), and switch to Attack/Drain. You will still want to have Banishing Strike available to clear buffs at the start of the fight, and also to remove Cid's Greater Barrier (which ignores Reflect), which will require reapplication of Reflect.

Fry on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    For the U+, I'm kind of tempted to take down the robots relatively quickly and just let him use the AOE attack, because at least that one does not ignore defense. At least I think it doesn't, though it's probably long range or something just to mess with mages.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    For the U+, I'm kind of tempted to take down the robots relatively quickly and just let him use the AOE attack, because at least that one does not ignore defense. At least I think it doesn't, though it's probably long range or something just to mess with mages.

Yes, Tokamak is long range, no it does not ignore defense.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Daffydd wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    I have now reloaded the +++ 6 times. Each time, all 4 of the enemies get to go before I get an action off, and gib someone. This isn't a particularly enjoyable experience.

Edit: Also, Lullaby is utterly useless, as it has now triple-missed 5 times in a row.

Man, that is some terrible luck.

Lullaby always hit at least one of them for me.

My first try, I got two of them, could NOT get the 3rd, and then things went pear-shaped really fast. I think I got 2 turns in before the cone of cold spam and AE physical stuff dropped someone.

Since then, it's been miserable. If Lightning can ever get her SB charged, that might do a number on the freakin' snowflakes, which I'm pretty sure is half the battle right there. Buuuut no. Nope. 3 Cone of Colds on one character, every time. Or two and a smack from the fat one. Etc.

Do you not have a Dr. Mog's or Mako Might?

'Cuz yeah, I could see that being a meat grinder if you don't. My first round was devoted to setting up mitigation, activating Shout, casting a Lullaby and casting a Meteor.

And then on the next turn the Shout-boosted Crushing Blow would destroy the snowflakes.

Even then, though, three of my party members died because I underestimated how much damage he did. Shellga on its own was not enough. I really don't care enough about the Mastery bonus to try again, though.

I have Mako, but it's on Garnet at the moment so she can get DG up ASAP, and Lightning's got Lifesiphon/Drain Strike. Maybe I'll swap it and hope I can pull another Shout RW, because this is nuts.

Edit: Well, killed the snowflakes, but then he decided to spam Blizzaja every turn, and welp.

@dporowski Please post your setup, I suspect you have room for improvement. (Though Cone of Cold did hit more randomly for me.) My biggest recommendation is that if Garnet is the one holding Shellga, she needs to be casting that first round. DG gives only a 50% RES boost, Shellga is 100%. You can find MANY more Shout RWs (and others) in this big RW list. You now have no excuse for ever not having the RW you want (you can reset your list by running a dungeon, e.g., IV's Fabul Castle for 1 stamina).

If you don't have Wall, you might consider using Yuna to bring Protectga and Ramuh (relatively easy to hone). You might also consider trying Heathen Frolic or Heathen Frolic Sarabande in addition to Lullaby (and using it beforehand). It hurts your damage output, but staying alive is your first concern. Note that Lullaby has a 20% proc rate per enemy, Sleep and Sleep Buster have a 30% proc rate, and Phantasm has a 50% proc rate. Come to think of it, your best shot may be using Garnet and Lenna, bringing Protectga and Lullaby on Lenna letting you bring both Power and Magic Breakdown (assuming you don't have Full Break), putting Ace Striker, Battleforged or Mako Might (if you have both MM and Dr. Mog's RMs) on Lightning if you can get her to 590 ATK with Shout without an ATK boost RM, and using Lightning's SSB as soon as Shout is up and Lullaby has procced at least once (Lifesiphoning if necessary).

Keep in mind that if you're using Shout, then DG only adds 50% RES and High Regen. Which are great, but MUCH less important on the first round than the extra 50% RES from Shellga. I note that if Lightning has 590+ ATK after Shout, she should be able to kill all of the Azers in a single use of her SSB (6.5 * 2 * (590^1.8)/(600^.5) = 51570, i.e. 49995, and Azers have 43k HP each).

Heh, yeah... Don't have Lenna, Yuna's at 1 (though I can fix that), don't have Full Break, don't have Ace Striker, Battleforged, etc... My RMs aren't a great selection yet and I've got crap XII synergy.

Off the top of my head, the "almost" was:

65 Tyro, Armor Breakdown/Lullaby, default SB, RM was Concentration 2 since it's best I have. (Penelo's relic)
    65 Rinoa, off-realm 5* weapon, Curaga/Dispel, BLM use regen, whatever that was, no fancy SBs.
    65 Auron, 4*+ XII sword of some kind, Drawtaliate, Banishing Blade, some +dmg RM I think
    65 Garnet, DG relic, Protect/Shell, Mako, DG for SB
    65 Lightning, her gun relic, R2 Lifesiphon, Drain Strike, her default RM, Crushing Blow

I'm thinking the Dispel did nothing for me, so lose that, swap out Tyro for Penelo @ 65 for another Medica/Hastega from War Dance and better stats, swap Mako to Lightning to alpha down the stupid snowflakes, and Shellga faster. A Ruinga + Shouted CB should nuke the flakes, and then just try to kill the boss and keep mitigation up.

I honestly don't much care about mastery, though it'd be nice; I just want that MC2.

Edit: 3 rapid attempts later, Garnet was focussed down (Cone, Cone, Cone; Cone, Cone, melee, etc) before I got more than a single ability off each time. I am taking a break, because this is stupid.

dporowski on
  • Options
    I'm in a really good place right now. Like, a really good place. I have nothing to complain about in RK at all. I've got great relics, I'm clearing all bonus content without much issue, and I'm very happy with what I've got.

But even still I've got a wishlist. I know at this point we'll probably never see any of these relics ever again, but I'd love to have a fully kitted out Yuna. The only relic of hers I don't really care to own is the one with the Sending. But if I could get my hands on Hymn of the Fayth, her Bahamut summon SSB, and her Tiny Bees guns, I'd pretty much be set forever and always on a versatile healer. Of course the Tiny Bees are probably the only one of those items I'm ever likely to see again.

Likewise, if I could kit out Y'shtola with her Medica II and Stoneskin II, I would be set, pretty much for life for heals.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I have now reloaded the +++ 6 times. Each time, all 4 of the enemies get to go before I get an action off, and gib someone. This isn't a particularly enjoyable experience.

Edit: Also, Lullaby is utterly useless, as it has now triple-missed 5 times in a row.

My first try, I got two of them, could NOT get the 3rd, and then things went pear-shaped really fast. I think I got 2 turns in before the cone of cold spam and AE physical stuff dropped someone.

Since then, it's been miserable. If Lightning can ever get her SB charged, that might do a number on the freakin' snowflakes, which I'm pretty sure is half the battle right there. Buuuut no. Nope. 3 Cone of Colds on one character, every time. Or two and a smack from the fat one. Etc.

'Cuz yeah, I could see that being a meat grinder if you don't. My first round was devoted to setting up mitigation, activating Shout, casting a Lullaby and casting a Meteor.

And then on the next turn the Shout-boosted Crushing Blow would destroy the snowflakes.

Even then, though, three of my party members died because I underestimated how much damage he did. Shellga on its own was not enough. I really don't care enough about the Mastery bonus to try again, though.

I have Mako, but it's on Garnet at the moment so she can get DG up ASAP, and Lightning's got Lifesiphon/Drain Strike. Maybe I'll swap it and hope I can pull another Shout RW, because this is nuts.

Edit: Well, killed the snowflakes, but then he decided to spam Blizzaja every turn, and welp.

@dporowski Please post your setup, I suspect you have room for improvement. (Though Cone of Cold did hit more randomly for me.) My biggest recommendation is that if Garnet is the one holding Shellga, she needs to be casting that first round. DG gives only a 50% RES boost, Shellga is 100%. You can find MANY more Shout RWs (and others) in this big RW list. You now have no excuse for ever not having the RW you want (you can reset your list by running a dungeon, e.g., IV's Fabul Castle for 1 stamina).

If you don't have Wall, you might consider using Yuna to bring Protectga and Ramuh (relatively easy to hone). You might also consider trying Heathen Frolic or Heathen Frolic Sarabande in addition to Lullaby (and using it beforehand). It hurts your damage output, but staying alive is your first concern. Note that Lullaby has a 20% proc rate per enemy, Sleep and Sleep Buster have a 30% proc rate, and Phantasm has a 50% proc rate. Come to think of it, your best shot may be using Garnet and Lenna, bringing Protectga and Lullaby on Lenna letting you bring both Power and Magic Breakdown (assuming you don't have Full Break), putting Ace Striker, Battleforged or Mako Might (if you have both MM and Dr. Mog's RMs) on Lightning if you can get her to 590 ATK with Shout without an ATK boost RM, and using Lightning's SSB as soon as Shout is up and Lullaby has procced at least once (Lifesiphoning if necessary).

Keep in mind that if you're using Shout, then DG only adds 50% RES and High Regen. Which are great, but MUCH less important on the first round than the extra 50% RES from Shellga. I note that if Lightning has 590+ ATK after Shout, she should be able to kill all of the Azers in a single use of her SSB (6.5 * 2 * (590^1.8)/(600^.5) = 51570, i.e. 49995, and Azers have 43k HP each).

Heh, yeah... Don't have Lenna, Yuna's at 1 (though I can fix that), don't have Full Break, don't have Ace Striker, Battleforged, etc... My RMs aren't a great selection yet and I've got crap XII synergy.

65 Tyro, Armor Breakdown/Lullaby, default SB, RM was Concentration 2 since it's best I have. (Penelo's relic)
    65 Rinoa, off-realm 5* weapon, Curaga/Dispel, BLM use regen, whatever that was, no fancy SBs.
    65 Auron, 4*+ XII sword of some kind, Drawtaliate, Banishing Blade, some +dmg RM I think
    65 Lightning, her gun relic, R2 Lifesiphon, Drain Strike, her default RM, Crushing Blow

I'm thinking the Dispel did nothing for me, so lose that, swap out Tyro for Penelo @ 65 for another Medica/Hastega from War Dance and better stats, swap Mako to Lightning to alpha down the stupid snowflakes, and Shellga faster. A Ruinga + Shouted CB should nuke the flakes, and then just try to kill the boss and keep mitigation up.

I honestly don't much care about mastery, though it'd be nice; I just want that MC2.

Edit: 3 rapid attempts later, Garnet was focussed down (Cone, Cone, Cone; Cone, Cone, melee, etc) before I got more than a single ability off each time. I am taking a break, because this is stupid.

Well, your white and black mage RMs aren't providing you any benefit whatsoever in that fight. Do you have many MC1s lying around? At the very least you could egg Yuna to 50 and break her level cap for her record materia, which boosts healing potency. You also have 3 party members not contributing any real offensive power to the team. I don't think tauntaliate is going to give you much benefit here, either.

• Options
    I'm in a really good place right now. Like, a really good place. I have nothing to complain about in RK at all. I've got great relics, I'm clearing all bonus content without much issue, and I'm very happy with what I've got.

But even still I've got a wishlist. I know at this point we'll probably never see any of these relics ever again, but I'd love to have a fully kitted out Yuna. The only relic of hers I don't really care to own is the one with the Sending. But if I could get my hands on Hymn of the Fayth, her Bahamut summon SSB, and her Tiny Bees guns, I'd pretty much be set forever and always on a versatile healer. Of course the Tiny Bees are probably the only one of those items I'm ever likely to see again.

Likewise, if I could kit out Y'shtola with her Medica II and Stoneskin II, I would be set, pretty much for life for heals.

I really want SSII :( Balthier's gun would also be fun, I liked FFXII a lot but haven't managed to get anything for those characters. Did one pull on this banner so far but got 11 salt orbs. I might take one more tilt at the windmill but I'm tempted to just save for the fest.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Artereis wrote: »

Well, your white and black mage RMs aren't providing you any benefit whatsoever in that fight. Do you have many MC1s lying around? At the very least you could egg Yuna to 50 and break her level cap for her record materia, which boosts healing potency. You also have 3 party members not contributing any real offensive power to the team. I don't think tauntaliate is going to give you much benefit here, either.

My problem is going down to massive AE. Like, a bigger Curaga isn't going to help me when every enemy turn is a Blizzaja.

Beginning to think there's not a real way to do this. Even if I recover fast enough to get the flakes down in like, 2 turns, it turns straight into every-turn Blizzaja spam, and there's just no way.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

I really want SSII :( Balthier's gun would also be fun, I liked FFXII a lot but haven't managed to get anything for those characters. Did one pull on this banner so far but got 11 salt orbs. I might take one more tilt at the windmill but I'm tempted to just save for the fest.

I was ready to pull twice here, but got the shield and a semi-okay sword in one, so I might toss my 'extra' pull at Kuja 2 since that has some nice stuff and my FF9 synergy is equally weak. Only two physical weapons though, so I'm pretty lukewarm on that. It would be nice to have Kuja's bracelet and an excuse to trot out Exdeath though. Hopefully we'll have some idea what the BSSBFest will look like by then.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I think JP got Hymn of the Fayth as one of the selectable relics from beginner banner mkII.

Fry on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Artereis wrote: »

My problem is going down to massive AE. Like, a bigger Curaga isn't going to help me when every enemy turn is a Blizzaja.

Beginning to think there's not a real way to do this. Even if I recover fast enough to get the flakes down in like, 2 turns, it turns straight into every-turn Blizzaja spam, and there's just no way.

If you need mitigation up asap, Shellga and Divine Guardian should be on different people. Get those up and RW shout so you have an extra boost to your offense. The heavy regen at that point should be more than enough to keep up. I have way more offense power on my team, but the only healing I had was one person casting curaja the whole time, and I didn't have the extra resilience from Divine Guardian to help out, just shellga and wall.

Artereis on
  • Options
    I mean, you're not bringing Magic Breakdown but you're dying to magic stuff. Magic Breakdown is a significant decrease in magic damage.

Not knowing everything you have, I'd try something like:
    Penelo Curaga/Protectga War Dance
    Auron Lifesiphon/ Break or double cut or something Banishing Blade
    Lightning Thundara Strike/2nd Lifesiphon if you have, something like Tempo Flurry otherwise Crushing Blow
    Whatever support Magic Breakdown/Armor Breakdown
    Garnet Shellga/I'd say another heal if you have one Divine Guardian Mako Might
    RW: Wall

This at least gives you 2.5 attackers with +30% atk, haste, 350% magic resist, 300% physical resist, high regen and 2 healers. I'd also like to sneak a full break in vs Armor Breakdown if you had it, and Dr. Mogs on Penelo if you have that. I'm pretty sure this fight is doable for you, as Crushing Blow is insane vs this boss. If you want to get the mastery, I'd go with something like sticking sleep on lightning or have Ramza with Phantasm or something like that.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, good point on the Magic Breakdown, though I took the warning on the dungeon info to mean "don't bother". The pure alpha has been just stupid though, I mean all the breakdowns in the world don't help me if someone drops before I get a turn. :|

Worth a shot with your comp.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular

Whenever you're ready to try again, try some of these suggestions.

- Move your top heal spell to Garnet. It'll do more good on her than on Rinoa.
    - Auron's already Draw Firing, you don't need Protect as badly since most attacks should be focusing on him.
    - Rinoa's not doing much there despite being one of your higher leveled characters. I forget when you said you started playing, but from what I recall, you at least were able to get Agrias. Don't know if you were able to manage the MC1 fight.
    - On that note, ditch Rinoa and bring Agrias, craft a Magic Lure. She'll handle the single-target Blizzaga spam like a champ if you can egg her up as high as you can. Give her a literally any other attack ability - Double Cut is great since you're already focusing on a Retaliate strategy.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I would also switch the shellga and protectga from what I said if you're getting alphaed by spell damage. That lets you get up wall shellga and DG all on the first turn.

Edit: Also never listen to Dr. Mog if he says the boss resists a break. That means you should bring the break even more! Magic Breakdown by itself is a 42% decrease in magic damage even resisted.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I would also switch the shellga and protectga from what I said if you're getting alphaed by spell damage. That lets you get up wall shellga and DG all on the first turn.

Edit: Also never listen to Dr. Mog if he says the boss resists a break. That means you should bring the break even more! Magic Breakdown by itself is a 42% decrease in magic damage even resisted.

I like that they've kind of picked up on this by tweaking the common message a bit. Lately, it's been something like "This boss resists abilities like Power Breakdown. But who cares? Bring that shit anyway, he hits like a truck, kupo!"

• Options
    I considered Magic Lure, but it's all been AE Blizzaja spam after the flakes are down. I'm thinking Wall/Shell/DG will help that though.

I get the feeling this is payback for the previous fight, where the boss just sort of sat there, blind, and every so often ineffectually waved an arm where it thought I was. That was all my luck.

• Options
    Also consider just waiting until after the orb weekend. Lot of XP going out in the next 2 days, so couldn't hurt to level your characters up a bit before giving it another shot.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    By default, the first four abilities that get put onto my teams are Full Break, Magic Breakdown, Power Breakdown, and Armor Breakdown. If the boss has literally no physical attacks, drop Power Breakdown, or vice versa for Magic. If I really can't fit in two people with Support 4, I'll settle for Armor Break on someone with Combat 3. Otherwise, yeah, two support meta.

@dporowski if you need RMs for Black Mage/Summoners, you might think about leveling up Vivi, Ashe, Eiko, or Kefka during the weekend xpfest, depending on who you have MC1s for already (note that you can get Vivi's from an Elite dungeon, and you already have Ashe from this event). Vivi's is the best for damage (being +20% mag while the others are only +10%), but his drawback is the most severe (-10% def and res)

Fry on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I considered Magic Lure, but it's all been AE Blizzaja spam after the flakes are down. I'm thinking Wall/Shell/DG will help that though.

I get the feeling this is payback for the previous fight, where the boss just sort of sat there, blind, and every so often ineffectually waved an arm where it thought I was. That was all my luck.

He's scripted to double cast Blizzaja at 50% HP. Otherwise, just a 35% chance of using it at <50% HP and never until then.

AI Routine stolen from Reddit
    Mateus starts battle with the Protect status, and will immediately use Reflect (WHT: Auto-hit Reflect - Self only) as an instant action.
    If Reflect expires naturally, Mateus will cast Reflect (WHT: Auto-hit Reflect - Self only) on his next turn. If Reflect is dispelled instead, Mateus will be unable to recast Reflect until he has taken two turns.
    Once Mateus has been brought under 80% HP, he will shift permanently to Weak Form. If Mateus or any Ice Azer is in the middle of casting an ability when this happens, they will abort their cast and begin with a full ATB; otherwise, their ATB is left unchanged.
    Once Mateus has been brought under 50% HP, he will shift permanently to Very Weak Form, and all Ice Azers will shift permanently to Curaga Form. If Mateus or any Ice Azer is in the middle of casting an ability when this happens, they will abort their cast and begin with a full ATB; otherwise, their ATB is left unchanged.
    On Mateus's first turn in Weak Form, he will use Flash-Freeze (NAT: AoE - 270% Ice Magic Dmg) instead of a random action. This guaranteed cast takes priority over recasting Reflect.
    On Mateus's first turn in Very Weak Form, he will use Short Fuse (NAT: Null Action - Self only) instead of a random action. Immediately after he finishes casting Short Fuse, he will use Blizzaja (BLK: AoE - 270% Ice Magic Dmg, 21% chance of Sap - Uncounterable) twice as instant actions. This again takes priority over recasting Reflect. If an Ice Azer is in the middle of casting an ability when this happens, they will abort their cast and begin with a full ATB.
    Normal Pattern:
    50% <Attack> (PHY: 110% Phys Dmg)
    30% <Attack> (PHY: AoE - 138% Phys Dmg) [Unlocks on Turn 3]
    20% Slow (WHT: 36% chance of Slow - Targets random character without Slow)
    Weak Pattern:
    25% <Attack> (PHY: 110% Phys Dmg) [Unlocks on Turn 2]
    15% <Attack> (PHY: AoE - 138% Phys Dmg) [Unlocks on Turn 2]
    40% Flash-Freeze (NAT: AoE - 270% Ice Magic Dmg)
    20% Slow (WHT: 36% chance of Slow - Targets random character without Slow) [Unlocks on Turn 2]
    Very Weak Pattern:
    40% <Attack> (PHY: 110% Phys Dmg) [Unlocks on Turn 2]
    10% <Attack> (PHY: 180% Phys Dmg) [Unlocks on Turn 2]
    35% Blizzaja (BLK: AoE - 270% Ice Magic Dmg, 21% chance of Sap - Uncounterable)
    15% Flash-Freeze (NAT: AoE - 270% Ice Magic Dmg) [Unlocks on Turn 2][/spooiler]

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular

Well technically you will have a (tiny) chance at all of Yuna's relics next month on the White Mage Lucky Draw. Also both of Y'shtola's relics. I mean I wouldn't count on getting any of them, since there are so many relics on the banner and you only get one draw, but it's certainly worth tossing 25 mythril at.

I am likewise in a really good place but I still want more medica options, so that banner will be drawn immediately once it shows up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Honestly, it felt like the unmitigated damage output on the +++ fight was worse than U or U+. If you can just get the mitigation spread out so you're not waiting on one person to apply multiple layers, you should be a lot better off. Shellga, DG, Wall and Magic Breakdown should have his Blizzaja spam hitting for 800-1000 on a bad day. Heavy regen will more than cover most of that.

Artereis on
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

He's scripted to double cast Blizzaja at 50% HP. Otherwise, just a 35% chance of using it at <50% HP and never until then.

Mateus starts battle with the Protect status, and will immediately use Reflect (WHT: Auto-hit Reflect - Self only) as an instant action.
    If Reflect expires naturally, Mateus will cast Reflect (WHT: Auto-hit Reflect - Self only) on his next turn. If Reflect is dispelled instead, Mateus will be unable to recast Reflect until he has taken two turns.
    Once Mateus has been brought under 80% HP, he will shift permanently to Weak Form. If Mateus or any Ice Azer is in the middle of casting an ability when this happens, they will abort their cast and begin with a full ATB; otherwise, their ATB is left unchanged.
    Once Mateus has been brought under 50% HP, he will shift permanently to Very Weak Form, and all Ice Azers will shift permanently to Curaga Form. If Mateus or any Ice Azer is in the middle of casting an ability when this happens, they will abort their cast and begin with a full ATB; otherwise, their ATB is left unchanged.
    On Mateus's first turn in Weak Form, he will use Flash-Freeze (NAT: AoE - 270% Ice Magic Dmg) instead of a random action. This guaranteed cast takes priority over recasting Reflect.
    On Mateus's first turn in Very Weak Form, he will use Short Fuse (NAT: Null Action - Self only) instead of a random action. Immediately after he finishes casting Short Fuse, he will use Blizzaja (BLK: AoE - 270% Ice Magic Dmg, 21% chance of Sap - Uncounterable) twice as instant actions. This again takes priority over recasting Reflect. If an Ice Azer is in the middle of casting an ability when this happens, they will abort their cast and begin with a full ATB.
    Normal Pattern:
    Weak Pattern:
    20% Slow (WHT: 36% chance of Slow - Targets random character without Slow) [Unlocks on Turn 2]
    Very Weak Pattern:

Well, from that script, I am "the unluckiest bastard in the world".

• Options
    edited April 2016

Normal Pattern:
    Weak Pattern:
    Very Weak Pattern:

Flashfreeze does the same damage and targeting as Blizzaja (just without the sap chance), so it's a little misleading to say that the problem only starts at 50% HP and is only a 35% chance then :P

Fry on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Well technically you will have a (tiny) chance at all of Yuna's relics next month on the White Mage Lucky Draw. Also both of Y'shtola's relics. I mean I wouldn't count on getting any of them, since there are so many relics on the banner and you only get one draw, but it's certainly worth tossing 25 mythril at.

I am likewise in a really good place but I still want more medica options, so that banner will be drawn immediately once it shows up.

You're never truly in a good place, because they will keep making harder fights that necessitate better relics with new, unique effects tailored to the newest fights. If at any point you hit an unlucky streak and fail to break into the new metagame, you'll find yourself locked out of content.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2016

You're never truly in a good place, because they will keep making harder fights that necessitate better relics with new, unique effects tailored to the newest fights. If at any point you hit an unlucky streak and fail to break into the new metagame, you'll find yourself locked out of content.

Dude, I know you're down on the game, but c'mon.

A duck! on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »

Dude, I know you're down on the game, but c'mon.

Fair enough, I will tone it down.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

Normal Pattern:
    Weak Pattern:
    Very Weak Pattern:

Flashfreeze does the same damage and targeting as Blizzaja (just without the sap chance), so it's a little misleading to say that the problem only starts at 50% HP and is only a 35% chance then :P

Close enough! What's a 20% here or there?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I also just don't think it's really true. Power creep is pretty slow in this game, and the most powerful relic in the game is one of the oldest ones in SG! There is some creep on stuff like Boon -> MG8, but they're generally just tacking stuff on to the effect you really want.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Decided to do a few more pulls on Basch 1 for platinum shield since I have Excalibur and having both would let me field a knight in any realm without needing synergy gear

Got 2x platinum shield in 15 mythril

Welp

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Decided to do a few more pulls on Basch 1 for platinum shield since I have Excalibur and having both would let me field a knight in any realm without needing synergy gear

Got 2x platinum shield in 15 mythril

Welp

Can I borrow one forever please.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I also just don't think it's really true. Power creep is pretty slow in this game, and the most powerful relic in the game is one of the oldest ones in SG! There is some creep on stuff like Boon -> MG8, but they're generally just tacking stuff on to the effect you really want.

I have to say, as an owner of MG8, I basically never got any real use out of it anywhere but the story dungeons in that month or so between her initial event and SSBFest. It came in that awkward time when Mako/Dr. Mog was unavailable, so I couldn't pop it right away which just kills its utility, and Quistis is really hard to find a spot for, especially with Ramza around. I basically haven't touched Quistis since around the SSBFest. It'd probably be different if I didn't have a native wall and had to RW that though. It's easy to find a hole for Tyro to fill. Not so much her.

Still get 20-25 RW summons on mine per day though, so at least it seems popularish for that.

ztrEPtD.gif
This discussion has been closed.