Options

COULD YOU IMAGINE THE SMT Persona Thread? IT'S GENIUS!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    almost certainly given the themes of the previous personas

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So obviously Milady is Milady de Winter from The Three Musketeers, right

Yes.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    the article that page is from has been updated to confirm that Milady is indeed a Three Musketeers reference

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Persona 5 Famitsu Scans Feature New Character and Persona Art

motorcycle persona looks so friggin cool

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Makoto Niijima just has this Mitsuru sincerity and frigidness that's just

it's just doin' it for me

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I'm never going the be able to hear the name of Makoto's persona without singing the Sweeney Todd song of the same name in my head

• Options
    conversely Beautiful Thief's real world identity is very disappointing to me

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    So, you think her real world identity is boring, plain and unremarkable, such that nobody would think she could possibly be the beautiful thief?

Just as planned

• Options
    So, you think her real world identity is boring, plain and unremarkable, such that nobody would think she could possibly be the beautiful thief?

Just as planned

Adieu

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm never going the be able to hear the name of Makoto's persona without singing the Sweeney Todd song of the same name in my head

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who though that.

It even fits.
    And one day, I'll steal you~

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Persona 5 Famitsu Scans Feature New Character and Persona Art

motorcycle persona looks so friggin cool

am I reading those images right

does Milady actually attack by opening the front of her dress to reveal an impressively large gatling gun

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Looks like the cop interrogating the MC is related to Makoto, too. At least I assume she's a cop, the way that looks and sounds.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it would be such a waste not to have adult makoto and/or chie cameo as police officers

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Three Musketeers is one of my favorite books ever so Punch Lady becomes EVEN MORE BEST

Edit wait no it is Tea Lady's persona

Shit

Now they have to fight

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Three Musketeers is one of my favorite books ever so Punch Lady becomes EVEN MORE BEST

Shit

Now they have to fight

You know you can have both in your party, right?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Shit

Now they have to fight

You know you can have both in your party, right?
    Yes but only one can be the best

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    overall, i don't like the school uniforms as much as the P3/P4 ones, but i'm digging the tartan skirts/pants

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    the fact that the persona would be a motorcycle full time somehow didn't even occur to me

that makes it even cooler than something that becomes a motorcycle

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    the fact that the persona would be a motorcycle full time somehow didn't even occur to me

FFXIII was really good

• Options

meanwhile, i can't hear the name "makoto" without thinking of Kamen Rider Specter

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Milady isn't doing it for me.

She's probably not making the cut.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Milady isn't doing it for me.

She's probably not making the cut.

Milady shoots things and drinks tea!

• Options
    i mean it's gonna depend on skills

naoto's cool and all, but vanilla naoto is rooooough in the toolset department

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

FFXIII was really good

Nah

• Options
    i mean it's gonna depend on skills

naoto's cool and all, but vanilla naoto is rooooough in the toolset department

Coolness is the only thing that factors into my team choices!!

• Options
    likewise, kanji and chie competing for similar team roles was the nightmare scenario

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    likewise, kanji and chie competing for similar team roles was the nightmare scenario

Then they were like "Let's not make you pick, Chie gets team Heat Riser" in P4G. Chargin' errday, sorry Teddie/Yosuke.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Kanji/Chie/Yukiko or Kanji/Yukiko/Naoto are the best teams, depending on the situation

• Options
    my P4G team is Kanji/Yukiko/Naoto and we steamrolled anything the game threw at us

• Options
    Naoto is good for random enemies and really helps with gold hands

Chie is real good damage against bosses, especially when she gets God Hand

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

meanwhile, i can't hear the name "makoto" without thinking of Kamen Rider Specter

to be fair, you can't go to the bathroom without thinking of kamen rider something or other

• Options

Kanji did 50% of the damage in the second-last boss fight after one Power Charge/Primal Fury

I love Chie but my boy KT is where the physical's at

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

Kanji did 50% of the damage in the second-last boss fight after one Power Charge/Primal Fury

I love Chie but my boy KT is where the physical's at

Oh for sure

But Chie is in 2nd place for that plus her Dragon Hustle power buffs the entire party which is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fTQvnhNVgxQ

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Kilroy wrote: »

to be fair, you can't go to the bathroom without thinking of kamen rider something or other

this is true!

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options

this is true!

i mean if you stopped shouting "henshin" every time you crapped it would dramatically affect the stats

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Big fan of blonde guy, musketeer girl, and Cat

Disappointed Milady isn't a; Butterfly, sugar, or baby

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Sakura Futaba looks like an Inkling

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I find it interesting that Sakura was obviously designed to be nerd waifubait (glasses, red hair, hacker)

and I have seen absolutely no interest in her

• Options
    I like all the characters' designs

I hope they have fun and 3-dimensional personalities too

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    from the trailer it looks like they're going to do a "oh she was really pretty all along" thing with the hacker girl and I am so so tired of that trope

everything else about the character designs is aces though

This discussion has been closed.