As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] SuMo Time!

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Dang, missed Shiny Zygarde. Got Shiny Xerneas and Bacon Yvetal tho!

So I went through my Dex and I'm only missing like 20 pokes. Not even legendary either, all regular things. Just missing Zygarde, Hoopa and mmmaybe Diance if that's meant to be at the end of the list. Everything else should be gettable or tradeable in game. IIRC I did all the hard trading n' importing last year, must have got burned out just before the finish line...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    It wasn't shiny. You didn't miss anything except an easy soft reset.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I guess Thousand Arrows was too good.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    Honestly, if I get some crazy stuff like a 6 IV shiny Arceus from Wonder Trade and it can go in Pokemon Bank, I just keep it and toy around with it. I would never use it for a serious competition, though- it's unsportsmanlike.

I assume that all pokemon in all serious competitions have perfect IVs, though?

Or maybe even are hacked to have almost perfect IVs, some 27s and 29s, just to look more legit.

I mean, barring legendaries, it is very easy to have a Pokemon with all perfect IVs. Breeding is simple albeit time consuming, and if you don't like the time consuming part, most breeders I have met online are very friendly and willing to part with their good Pokemon.

But I would be surprised if any of the top contenders for Regionals / Worlds VGC championships were NOT using hacked Pokemon. Injecting perfect Pokemon is both simple and efficient, especially if your alternative is soft-resetting for a legendary that has perfect IVs (and maybe even the right Hidden Power).

Can you even use legendaries in those tournaments?

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

So I went through my Dex and I'm only missing like 20 pokes. Not even legendary either, all regular things. Just missing Zygarde, Hoopa and mmmaybe Diance if that's meant to be at the end of the list. Everything else should be gettable or tradeable in game. IIRC I did all the hard trading n' importing last year, must have got burned out just before the finish line...

Lemme know if you need any non-statted non-legendaries!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    Honestly, if I get some crazy stuff like a 6 IV shiny Arceus from Wonder Trade and it can go in Pokemon Bank, I just keep it and toy around with it. I would never use it for a serious competition, though- it's unsportsmanlike.

I assume that all pokemon in all serious competitions have perfect IVs, though?

Or maybe even are hacked to have almost perfect IVs, some 27s and 29s, just to look more legit.

I mean, barring legendaries, it is very easy to have a Pokemon with all perfect IVs. Breeding is simple albeit time consuming, and if you don't like the time consuming part, most breeders I have met online are very friendly and willing to part with their good Pokemon.

But I would be surprised if any of the top contenders for Regionals / Worlds VGC championships were NOT using hacked Pokemon. Injecting perfect Pokemon is both simple and efficient, especially if your alternative is soft-resetting for a legendary that has perfect IVs (and maybe even the right Hidden Power).

In VGC 2016 rules, each team can have 2 legendary Pokemon, excluding mythical Pokemon (just fancy speak for "distribution only). For example, I could use a Kyogre and a Xerneas on my team, but not a Kyogre, Xerneas, and Mewtwo, and also not a Kyogre and a Manaphy.

If it sounds like it is dumb, it is because it kind of is, but it is a metagame with its own interesting quirks that are fun to see play out.

In other news, I hate hate hate hate hate breeding Lucario and also caring about this dang Pokeball. GameFreak really created the perfect storm of frustrating elements- Baby Pokemon that has to be evolved before you can breed it, 12.5% female rate, the works. But I am so close to being done with it so I am not quitting.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

Yeah, not long ago I learned about CHALK (Cresselia, Heatran, Amoonguss, Landorus & Kangaskhan) which made up some percentage of every winning team in 2015.

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/19002-what-is-chalk/

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I hate heatran. I looks like a steaming pile, but its stats are so strong that I see it everywhere.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I hate heatran. I looks like a steaming pile, but its stats are so strong that I see it everywhere.

That's a shallow thing to say! Pokémon are more than their beauty on the outside! It's what's on the inside that counts!

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    It even has bits of corn in it.

8w8j8pp1qdnu.png

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Does anyone have a river, icy snow, or archapelago Vivillon that they will trade me? I can trade all sort of stuff, including other Vivillons.

edit: I only need archapelago and I'll have a complete Vivillon collection.

Taya on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

I may take you up on that! ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
  • Options
    I understand why a lot of people might not like Zygarde Complete, but I think its super cool.

I guess I am more accepting of Pokemon doing different things than other people, though, since I also like Klefki and Vanillite. I'd be upset if ALL Pokemon were like that, but its just a handful out of 719. I can deal with it.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Vanilluxe line is just the worst thing.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I may take you up on that! ;D

I'm serious, just tell me which mons you want and I'll breed them. They'll probably be kinda worthless for competitions, but hey.

Taya wrote: »
    Does anyone have a river, icy snow, or archapelago Vivillon that they will trade me? I can trade all sort of stuff, including other Vivillons.

I'm halfway there...

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Does anyone have a spare Darkrai code (EU) they'd be willing to part with? Or any old Darkrai they'd be willing to trade? I've got a nearly completed living dex, including Legandaries, so I could offer some good stuff in return.

My local Gamestop ran out of codes, unfortunately.

Maybe you've gotten one, but my Gamestop was out also. BUT, they were able to do something called "backup codes" where they just print out on a receipt. You don't have the card, but you have a usable code for the game. Maybe ask them about it?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    We've already been to Pokemon's take on New York which is ostensibly more American than Hawaii. Was there any sort of Lt. Surge reference in Black/White?

Hawaii has a stronger association with military history though. One of the island chain's major landmarks is a highly important military base.
    Any sort of equivalent or landmark representing that base is missing from the map they've already shown us though

Very much on purpose I imagine

Yeah, that would be... Awkward in a Japanese game.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I understand why a lot of people might not like Zygarde Complete, but I think its super cool.

I guess I am more accepting of Pokemon doing different things than other people, though, since I also like Klefki and Vanillite. I'd be upset if ALL Pokemon were like that, but its just a handful out of 719. I can deal with it.

Id like Zygarde 100% if it was in a fucking game I could play.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    And had Thousand Arrows.

Breloom has plenty of uses for Technician, but Poison Heal, Spore and False Swipe would be pretty useful, if Toxic Orb were more readily available.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

Is that real? Because that's fuckin rad

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    So I've been breeding Houndours lately and have a ton of extra ones that are all minimum 3IVs that I would love to give away (otherwise they're WT floods soon).

Here's what I have nature-wise:
    Mild 3IV, Timid 3IV, Timid 4IV, Jolly 4IV, Modest 4IV, Impish 4IV, Adamant 4IV, and Lax 5IV.

Let me know if you'd like one and/or want to know what the maxed IVs are on any of them!

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Pretty good moves?

Surf and sometimes waterfall. HM moves are mostly subpar.

My issue with HMs is that they rarely make the game more interesting- they don't provide puzzles, or interesting challenges, they just provide road blocks. The ones that AT LEAST aren't also bad moves are the ones people don't seem to mind- people care less about having Strength on their Pokemon than Flash, or (Gen IV) Defog, for instance. But this is just because they are the least burdensome on the player- its not very exciting to have your Pokemon use Cut on a tree and then just keep walking, there's nothing to it. The real solution is to make HMs interesting to use.
    yeah, and they also put a billion prompts to use freaking cut ona freaking bush.

And yeah, @UncleSporky, I have bred Rotom for each forme.

Speaking of which, I'm still jonesing for the non-spring Sawsbucks and Deerlings, if anyone could breed me 2 deerlings (or one Sawsbuck) of each season I'd be delighted.

I can make a billion Polar Vivillons for anyone who wants them, BTW, and I have a few spare of other patterns.

Your Summer, Fall, and Winter Deerling are ready (only HD time to breed one of each)! Free tomorrow evening for trades?

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options

I think I have 4 perfect ones, but they're inside eggs and I have to check the eggs. I'll try tomorrow.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »

I think I have 4 perfect ones, but they're inside eggs and I have to check the eggs. I'll try tomorrow.

@RockinX I was able to get one last night. Thanks though!

• Options
    Last night I really wanted a Magmar or Magby, trying to get all the trade evolves squared away, but they're tough to get in X and Y, need a friend safari that I don't have.

I went on the GTS to try to get one. First off, everyone offering a Magmar requests a Magmortar in return, which is just ridiculous - if you've got a Magmortar you have no need of a regular Magmar! But then GTS is just full of stupidly wishful thinking, people hoping that someone with a legendary wants their specific pokemon...

Magby was more promising. A lot of people wanted another Magby or Magmar in return, but one person wanted an Aggron, so I went out and caught a Lairon and evolved it real quick, only to find out I hadn't looked closely enough and they were making an impossible low level request, just putting it on GTS for storage or to troll.

Then someone else wanted a Kirlia level 30, so I quickly leveled a Ralts I had to 30...by the time I got back in it was gone.

Then someone wanted a Misdreavus, which I didn't have, so I went to see what people wanted for Misdreavus, somebody wanted a Stunfisk, so I did that trade, and by the time I got back again it was gone.

Fortunately I needed a Misdreavus too. But man just an exercise in frustration.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    I went on the GTS to try to get one. First off, everyone offering a Magmar requests a Magmortar in return, which is just ridiculous - if you've got a Magmortar you have no need of a regular Magmar!

Were they holding magmarizers? That's a thing people do when they can't do trade evolutions, they get the evolved form and someone else breaks even.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    That makes sense, probably. Didn't think of that, but it didn't help me anyway. :P

• Options
    Pretty good moves?

My issue with HMs is that they rarely make the game more interesting- they don't provide puzzles, or interesting challenges, they just provide road blocks. The ones that AT LEAST aren't also bad moves are the ones people don't seem to mind- people care less about having Strength on their Pokemon than Flash, or (Gen IV) Defog, for instance. But this is just because they are the least burdensome on the player- its not very exciting to have your Pokemon use Cut on a tree and then just keep walking, there's nothing to it. The real solution is to make HMs interesting to use.
    yeah, and they also put a billion prompts to use freaking cut ona freaking bush.

Speaking of which, I'm still jonesing for the non-spring Sawsbucks and Deerlings, if anyone could breed me 2 deerlings (or one Sawsbuck) of each season I'd be delighted.

I can make a billion Polar Vivillons for anyone who wants them, BTW, and I have a few spare of other patterns.

Your Summer, Fall, and Winter Deerling are ready (only HD time to breed one of each)! Free tomorrow evening for trades?

Oh, thanks so much! I think those 3 are enough for me to get the Sawsbucks too!

Let us exchange FCs, and I can trade mons whenever it's good for you. Do you want anything?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Pretty good moves?

Let us exchange FCs, and I can trade mons whenever it's good for you. Do you want anything?

Sure! My FC is in my signature, so feel free to send me yours in a DM or reply here!

As far as looking for stuff, if you happen to have a Yanma, Murkrow, and Barboach, they would be super helpful :-)

QuantumShaddow on

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Pretty good moves?

Sure! My FC is in my signature, so feel free to send me yours in a DM or reply here!

added you on my side, my fc is in my sig too. Whenever you're ready!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Last night I really wanted a Magmar or Magby, trying to get all the trade evolves squared away, but they're tough to get in X and Y, need a friend safari that I don't have.

I went on the GTS to try to get one. First off, everyone offering a Magmar requests a Magmortar in return, which is just ridiculous - if you've got a Magmortar you have no need of a regular Magmar! But then GTS is just full of stupidly wishful thinking, people hoping that someone with a legendary wants their specific pokemon...

Magby was more promising. A lot of people wanted another Magby or Magmar in return, but one person wanted an Aggron, so I went out and caught a Lairon and evolved it real quick, only to find out I hadn't looked closely enough and they were making an impossible low level request, just putting it on GTS for storage or to troll.

Then someone else wanted a Kirlia level 30, so I quickly leveled a Ralts I had to 30...by the time I got back in it was gone.

Then someone wanted a Misdreavus, which I didn't have, so I went to see what people wanted for Misdreavus, somebody wanted a Stunfisk, so I did that trade, and by the time I got back again it was gone.

Fortunately I needed a Misdreavus too. But man just an exercise in frustration.
    Ask here next time. Plenty of us are willing to help.

• Options
    If you have
    Pretty good moves?

Signing on now, but got "Server is undergoing maintenance."

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    RockinX wrote: »
    Ask here next time. Plenty of us are willing to help.

I know, I just try to deal with it myself first and I guess it's just not worth it. But I didn't want to bug anyone at the time.

• Options
    If you have
    Pretty good moves?

Yeah, got that too. No worries, I'm in no hurry.

And yeah, @UncleSporky prolly knows he can hit me up any time for those mons, but I'd guessed he wants to try other means first.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    I'm still plinking away at White during my son's naps in order to eventually unlock the feature that will let me let me complete the chain in order to get my pokes from Gen 3 all the way to my bank, and the craziest thing happened.
    I realized I'm actually enjoying it. Weird, right? It had actually been a pretty joyless, going-through-the-motions affair until I hit the desert.
    I'd stopped at the desert area, shortly after BW came out, after having a terribly hard time between level grinding my pokes for some reason, not really knowing what the hell types these new asshole pokemons were, and just due to general franchise fatigue.
    This time, though, I've managed to utilize the proper audino-in-a-shaking-bush level grind method, have assembled a reasonably effective team, and felt really good about myself beating 2 gyms in a single day.
    At the moment, I'm in Chargestone Cave, toting an evolved lightning zebra I don't like enough to remember the name of, a Tirtouga I named Kamehameha, Pignite, Petilil, Swoobat (who is much more badass than I gave him credit for at first), and a ground croc thing that looks like a Donkey Kong Country Kremlin. There seem to be a number of rad electric types, is it worth ditching lightning zebra for uh, lightning spider?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Lightning Spider is ok. Lightning fish eel thing is where its at though. Levitate means he has no weaknesses and his defensive stats are great. Slow as all hell though.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    If you have
    Pretty good moves?

Yeah, got that too. No worries, I'm in no hurry.

And yeah, @UncleSporky prolly knows he can hit me up any time for those mons, but I'd guessed he wants to try other means first.

Online currently - if you're around, let me know!

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Lightning Spider is ok. Lightning fish eel thing is where its at though. Levitate means he has no weaknesses and his defensive stats are great. Slow as all hell though.

Well, Mold Breaker+Earthquake will ruin it's day, but...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy