moby [chat]

GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/)pinch pinchRegistered User regular

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    WHITE

WHALE

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    With things like Foxconn replacing a bunch of workers with robots, how screwed is China?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    WHITE

WHALE

HOLY

GRAIL

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    With things like Foxconn replacing a bunch of workers with robots, how screwed is China?

Basic income is the future!

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    FOR THE HORDE

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I wonder if, in ten years, cross platform play will be functional and common. This fragmentation is really bad for my people-pleaser identity.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    seriously though are we not going to address automation until its too late and I'm bashing my former coworker over the head with a rock for meal tickets

• Options

tbh China is better equipped to handle it than the US

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    seriously though are we not going to address automation until its too late and I'm bashing my former coworker over the head with a rock for meal tickets

easiest solution is to eat syndalis

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    um excuse me this is a chat that is exclusively about moby dick

either stay on topic or make a different thread tyvm

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    ra6m1gbczs64.png

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I'm ok with this, I'm built hardy and therefore can crush skull good when it comes to it...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I probably need more ram

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

**immediately goes on diet to reduce risk of being chosen**

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    you've been waiting to say that for months haven't you

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I slip a line into every piece of software I touch, commanding our future AI overlords to worship me as a god.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    o shit waddup

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

middleware is weird

my experience as an ITman is that it replaces some of the ITman's work, but then gives those ITmans new work keeping the middleware running because it never runs right

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Warcraft had been consistently great for over a decade

The same cannot be said for Marvel

Let it be know that Tav is a broken man.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I wonder if, in ten years, cross platform play will be functional and common. This fragmentation is really bad for my people-pleaser identity.

yeah it's kind of rough since it's hard enough getting people to play shit

but i think multiplayer games are just kind of falling out of fashion as some of us get older. it used to be execs thought every game needed a MP or people would never play it. now i specifically want SP content or i'm not so interested except for a blockbuster like overwatch i'm only in because everyone else is.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I probably need more ram

i know a good site you can download some from

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    8rhs3kln7qar.jpg

y2k.jpg 152.9K
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

**immediately goes on diet to reduce risk of being chosen**

Goes on?! Did you stop

Have you re-fatted

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

tbh China is better equipped to handle it than the US

Why? Pretty much everything is worse for them, and being an one party state does not mean their leaders will actually handle it better.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

Do you think you'll be playing video games in ten years

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    so for financial shenanigans I recommend everyone subscribe to /r/wallstreetbets

It's both hilarious and awful...and potentially educational?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I have two regular legs that propel me. Am I allowed in this thread?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    bloodandthunder.jpg

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Also @ludious were you informing me there is no office directory or asking me if there is an office directory

If the latter there probably is but it's a shared office area and only 3 of the people here are my actual coworkers and they didn't seem to know anything about it

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Microsoft opened up xbox live in such a way that if a game developer or another console wanted to allow cross platform play they could, at zero cost.

It would involve the cooperation of Sony though, and this would have implications for things like the leaderboards I am sure.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    ra6m1gbczs64.png

A++ this comic is the new achewood it gets me

• Options

Do you think you'll be playing video games in ten years

Idk. I don't play many now, and the ones I do play are almost always things several of my friends like. I imagine it'll pivot on whether my social circle plays vidyas.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Warcraft had been consistently great for over a decade

The same cannot be said for Marvel

Let it be know that Tav is a broken man.

it's probably the altitude sickness

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I have two regular legs that propel me. Am I allowed in this thread?

DK, i have gained 2 lbs in the past two days

i now know exactly what your struggle was through your youth

witness me

*ducks*

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Do any of the boners on here play rocket league? A buddy showed me that over the weekend and it looked like it would be fun to bro down.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

Microsoft opened up xbox live in such a way that if a game developer or another console wanted to allow cross platform play they could, at zero cost.

It would involve the cooperation of Sony though, and this would have implications for things like the leaderboards I am sure.

Most of my friends have PC or xbone so I'd settle for that

• Options
    i think if a family man like shark can go buy a 2nd xbone for his wife to both play that gaming is in pretty good shape

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    gooey wrote:
    TL DR wrote:
    I leave for the burn in 63 minutes and don't return to work until Wednesday

let's gooooooo

do you have a mad max car

No but I'm borrowing this truck to haul our dance tent and generator and dome and 10' wide slip n slide

sr8Og42l.jpg

We're going to bump Still Fly when we roll into camp

also I got this faux fur coat from Goodwill for like $25

xmycy6Xl.jpg

I'M READY
    I'M READY

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Do any of the boners on here play rocket league? A buddy showed me that over the weekend and it looked like it would be fun to bro down.

@Sir Landshark @y2jake215 @Elki

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I want to get a new graphics card

Wonder if it's cheaper to get it here in the states than online in Ireland

This discussion has been closed.