As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

moby [chat]

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    @Hakkekage

Did you see this guy when you ran it? Guess he got a bloody nose and had to use a tampon to finish the race. (It was the Brooklyn Half you ran right?)

b0xSH5tl.jpg

nope i didn't seems like he was in Wave 1 aka much faster than me

Dont know why he bothered with the tampon, think how cool he would have looked with blood everywhere as he crossed the finish

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Oh no, game outlets are talking about the the XB2 being potentially more powerful than the PS8. I totally forgot about that possible aspect of hardware upgrades.

I really do not want to go through months of fanboy dickwaving about hardware, again.

Allegedly Microsoft is putting in enough hardware to partner with Oculus and do VR, which is a fascinating idea but also means that console is gonna be expensive af and have a ton of power most devs wont be allowed to touch without locking out existing Xbox one users.

Pretty much.
    As I hear it Sony won't let you have PS4.5 only features. Though they're being a bit nebulous on what a feature is, so I don't know if you'd get away with the PS4.5 version of a game looking prettier, if the core functionality is identical for both titles.

Everything I have seen about the PS4 update is that prettier is fine, as are features like more people doing local split screen, but the ps4 classic version must be 100% playable and enjoyable (games with constant dips into the teens for frame rate while the 4.5 gets locked 30 will be denied).

People are acting like this will be hard; all devs have to do is have code or configuration based "sliders" behind the scenes where they set the performance by hardware. Shittier textures, different lighting / particle settings, reduced draw distance, etc.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i am master of my domain

i don't need

another half

of a bagel

poo
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    My work should be happy I'm wearing pants.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    https://soundcloud.com/gilbertgottfried

Gilbert Gottfried has a -podcast-

how did I not know this?!

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Oh no, game outlets are talking about the the XB2 being potentially more powerful than the PS8. I totally forgot about that possible aspect of hardware upgrades.

I really do not want to go through months of fanboy dickwaving about hardware, again.

Allegedly Microsoft is putting in enough hardware to partner with Oculus and do VR, which is a fascinating idea but also means that console is gonna be expensive af and have a ton of power most devs wont be allowed to touch without locking out existing Xbox one users.

Pretty much.
    As I hear it Sony won't let you have PS4.5 only features. Though they're being a bit nebulous on what a feature is, so I don't know if you'd get away with the PS4.5 version of a game looking prettier, if the core functionality is identical for both titles.

Everything I have seen about the PS4 update is that prettier is fine, as are features like more people doing local split screen, but the ps4 classic version must be 100% playable and enjoyable (games with constant dips into the teens for frame rate while the 4.5 gets locked 30 will be denied).

People are acting like this will be hard; all devs have to do is have code or configuration based "sliders" behind the scenes where they set the performance by hardware. Shittier textures, different lighting / particle settings, reduced draw distance, etc.

My hackles are up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

Half of it is reading Fifty Shades books.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    this has brightened my day

i hope it brightens yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89S7qyi-tQw

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I went to a couple super traditional Jewish weddings

where like the women and guys danced separate in big circles

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

Half of it is reading Fifty Shades books.

I would pay for that frankly.

Gilbert Gottfried is one of my favorites.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Pretty much.

My hackles are up.

This is stuff PC gaming has been doing for years, they just front it to the consumers.

What this will do is have optimal settings per console baked-in to the game which are set on launch, based on the machine it is on.

iOS apps already do this (gate textures, effects and even features by device that launches the app)

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    I went to a couple super traditional Jewish weddings

where like the women and guys danced separate in big circles

how did that one aunt get roaring drunk and twerk on all the men if they were in separate circles tho

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    plus this episode has Dick Cavett on it.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    He could just take the pasties off his nipples if he wanted to cross the finish line with blood

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    ib3Xyufl.jpg

Dress still feels too fancy.

Yeah, that is weirdly fancy for work. Unless you work in a high end clothes shop I suppose.

Does everyone here work in a pajama factory or something?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    @Hakkekage

Did you see this guy when you ran it? Guess he got a bloody nose and had to use a tampon to finish the race. (It was the Brooklyn Half you ran right?)

b0xSH5tl.jpg

nope i didn't seems like he was in Wave 1 aka much faster than me

Dont know why he bothered with the tampon, think how cool he would have looked with blood everywhere as he crossed the finish
    1YxhlGd.png

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    ib3Xyufl.jpg

Who do you work with where that feels fancy

Do they like go to work in pajamas

Well the office ladies are at best business casual. I've seen my boss here in jeans. And my other boss's daughter who is here as an intern is currently wearing a dress cut so high I could see her wearing it to a club or bar. Gotta tell you, it really throws off your sense of business wear.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Pretty much.

My hackles are up.

This is stuff PC gaming has been doing for years, they just front it to the consumers.

What this will do is have optimal settings per console baked-in to the game which are set on launch, based on the machine it is on.

iOS apps already do this (gate textures, effects and even features by device that launches the app)

Oh, I know. And it's not the hardest thing to do, (the hardest thing will be the decisions on what is for each version and then making sure it actually works) but the phrase "all Devs have to do is X" makes me want to puke blood.

sig.gif
  • Options
    eBqvi1M.jpg

inspirational

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    ib3Xyufl.jpg

Yeah, that is weirdly fancy for work. Unless you work in a high end clothes shop I suppose.

I'm having horrible flashbacks to whoever it was that thought they could just wear a tux to all situations requiring a suit

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    *judges*

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I think devs fine tuning for two console iterations is nbd when they've had to tweak engines for multiple different gpus in PC games for decades

Ludious on
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    I think devs fine tuning for two console iterations is nbd when they've had to tweak engines for multiple different gpus in PC games for decades

Or PS vs Xbox since most games are on both these days

• Options

My guess is that they will never have to fine tune for more than. 2-3 hardware iterations ever on this route also.

At some point an Xbox and a PlayStation will come out that will run games the ps4 and Xbox one cannot play, and hopefully that happens at least 6-7 years from the date the original console hit the shelves.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    ib3Xyufl.jpg

Yes, this is actually a site for pajama factory employees - not video games.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    That runner picture is fantastic

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Back to the tequila lab :(

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    ib3Xyufl.jpg

Yes, this is actually a site for pajama factory employees - not video games.

Specifically pajama factories where the spell it "pajama" and not "pyjama."

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    half day? wtf

I also have a half day, dress down day, and a BBQ at work for lunch.

MURICA!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    yes i get out at 1pm

poo
  • Options
    ib3Xyufl.jpg

I'm having horrible flashbacks to whoever it was that thought they could just wear a tux to all situations requiring a suit

Jim Halpert?

• Options
    *judges*
    We'll have martini's and just judge the shit out of everyone in pajamas.

• Options
    half day? wtf

MURICA!
    this is bull
    lots of people here are out b/c friday + 3 day weekend, but unfortunately other people not being here doesn't give me an excuse to slack

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Sitting in car in office parking lot. Pulled up about 30 mins ago and people were standing outside looking towards the gate. I knew someone obviously had a medical emergency and sure enough fire and rescue pulled up in front. Staying out of the way until they leave.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

Pretty much.

My hackles are up.

Or if you have an nvidia gpu front it onto whoever does the profiles for geforce experience. I've set graphics settings myself for maybe 2 games in the last 5 or so years.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I'm sorry deadpool but

no touchy fishy

• Options
    half day? wtf

MURICA!
    this is bull
    lots of people here are out b/c friday + 3 day weekend, but unfortunately other people not being here doesn't give me an excuse to slack
    Slack the fuck off. My work is fully staffed, and we offered a couple of bribes, but I'm not doing shit. MURICA

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    half day? wtf

MURICA!
    this is bull
    Slack the fuck off. My work is fully staffed, and we offered a couple of bribes, but I'm not doing shit. MURICA
    i mean

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Sitting in car in office parking lot. Pulled up about 30 mins ago and people were standing outside looking towards the gate. I knew someone obviously had a medical emergency and sure enough fire and rescue pulled up in front. Staying out of the way until they leave.

How very unludious like.
    You must impede the situation as much as possible
    Possibly by digging through trashcans then knocking them in front of oncoming emergency vehicles.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Of course if most Console to PC ports are to be believed the companies don't give a shit and won't do anything for the port

This discussion has been closed.