As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes: S.2 - Spoilers Inside - UPDATED OP.

• Options
    Mithrandir86Mithrandir86 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Anyone else really disappointed with DL's death? Getting shot by someone who isn't even named?

Also, do Adam and Claire have the same power? Or is his more extreme?

Mithrandir86 on
  • Options
    The_Most_FantasticThe_Most_Fantastic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I reckon that they have the same powers, and that Adam and Claire are related. I bet West is another of Nathan's illigitimate kids as well, which is gonna make things real awkward between him and Claire.

The_Most_Fantastic on
    “You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.”
    ~CB
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I reckon that they have the same powers, and that Adam and Claire are related. I bet West is another of Nathan's illigitimate kids as well, which is gonna make things real awkward between him and Claire.

I think Adam's power is maybe more developed than Claire's; see Matt and his father. Somehow I can't see Claire taking a lightning bolt as casually as Adam did.

Regardless, I love your sig. So appropriate for this thread.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, something that just kinda hit me:
    Did Peter just become immortal from being around Adam?
    If so.... he's like, the ultimate dude. And also lines him up to take over the world.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Um... Peter's been immortal since he met Claire.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Um... Peter's been immortal since he met Claire.

I mean, I know he's unable to be hurt, but I didn't know that meant Claire and Peter had eternal life.
    I imagined Claire could only heal herself, not be undying like Adam.
    My mistake then.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Claire might be immortal, we don't really know at this point. Although I bet all those skin commercials she does will keep her youthful.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well... Adam's power way back in the 1700's seemed to be exactly like Claire's. It just makes sense to me that she's immortal too.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Claire's healing factor doesn't work when she's taken one to the brain, apparently Adam's does - "if they knew a way to kill me they would've done it already".

Whether she'll never age is another matter entirely.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah she definately COULD be immortal, but we don't know either way.

EDIT: It wasn't mentioned in the 5 years gone episode, after all.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's definitely strange that the company can't kill Adam, even though Claire was told many times that the company would do things to her that she couldn't heal from. I don't see why they couldn't at least decapitate him and keep his head in a box or something. Maybe his power has been developed to make his skin impenetrable or something?

Zek on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think Claire can be killed. That's why future Hiro went back in time to tell Peter, "Save the cheerleader, save the world." In his time, Sylar killed her. It could be that Adam's power is not healing, but immortality.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    It's definitely strange that the company can't kill Adam, even though Claire was told many times that the company would do things to her that she couldn't heal from. I don't see why they couldn't at least decapitate him and keep his head in a box or something. Maybe his power has been developed to make his skin impenetrable or something?

he might heal so fast that he's kinda like the t1000 or something.

or maybe he'd grow a new head

Serpent on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You wouldn't kill Adam. His blood is too valuable, and he's no real threat so long as he's locked up.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think the idea that Adam is furhter developed than Claire makes more sense.

Quid on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So we have a three sided war? Adam vs Company vs Bennet. Though not sure if there's really any Adam vs Bennet front though I assumed they'd take each other out if either got in the way. All sides with various levels of evil. Bennet at about a 4, the company at about an 8, and Adam possibly at a 10 (assuming he sent Matt's dad to steal the virus which nearly kills off all humanity and that he encouraged Linderman in his unity through tragedy plan).

Also, who the hell's side is the Haitian on?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2007
    So we have a three sided war? Adam vs Company vs Bennet. Though not sure if there's really any Adam vs Bennet front though I assumed they'd take each other out if either got in the way. All sides with various levels of evil. Bennet at about a 4, the company at about an 8, and Adam possibly at a 10 (assuming he sent Matt's dad to steal the virus which nearly kills off all humanity and that he encouraged Linderman in his unity through tragedy plan).

Bennet's.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aroduc wrote: »

Bennet's.

also ma petrelli's

Pony on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Haitian is on Haiti's side.

Quid on
  • Options
    043043 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You think DL would know to start phasing shit through him by now.

But nope, gets shot.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    043 wrote: »
    You think DL would know to start phasing shit through him by now.

But nope, gets shot.

He had to sacrifice himself for the sake of the plot.

Alas and alack! for his sacrifice was in vain.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Claire might be immortal, we don't really know at this point. Although I bet all those skin commercials she does will keep her golden.
    She looks like a fucking metal robot in HD.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's definitely strange that the company can't kill Adam, even though Claire was told many times that the company would do things to her that she couldn't heal from.

I think I just assumed they were talking about psychological trauma. Now I can't really remember how that was phrased, though.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Anyone else really disappointed with DL's death? Getting shot by someone who isn't even named?

10:1 odds he shows up again, and Nikky rips him in half.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Veegeezee wrote: »
    It's definitely strange that the company can't kill Adam, even though Claire was told many times that the company would do things to her that she couldn't heal from.

I think I just assumed they were talking about psychological trauma. Now I can't really remember how that was phrased, though.

It was something like "They'll cut you and examine you and push you to your limits until you'll wish that you couldn't regenerate anymore."

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    I think the idea that Adam is furhter developed than Claire makes more sense.

I agree.

Does Peter absorb powers that have developed over time, or powers as they would have originally manifested? Like, if he runs into Parkman again would he be able to use his mind-reading powers at the same level Parkman's capable of now? Because if this isn't the case, and Adam has only developed into the super-healer he is now, then Peter isn't on the same healing level as him, and isn't as untouchable.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    So why did Elle's electricity blast throw Adam against the wall, whereas it simply set Peter's jacket on fire?

ege02 on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2007
    ege02 wrote: »
    So why did Elle's electricity blast throw Adam against the wall, whereas it simply set Peter's jacket on fire?

Because people don't understand how electricity works and a direct hit with residual effects in the area makes more sense to the masses.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Perhaps she was more for beating the hell out of Adam and thusly hit him with a full blast.
    I'm sure the first on Pete was a accidental secondary effect due to his clothing or something.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Different kinds of blasts? She probably didn't light Adam on fire because it would have been pointless.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I, for one, do not know how electricity works.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Different kinds of blasts? She probably didn't light Adam on fire because it would have been pointless.

And lighting Peter on fire was? I mean the dude simply took off the jacket and continued running. :)

ege02 on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

And lighting Peter on fire was? I mean the dude simply took off the jacket and continued running. :)

It was to explain why he was topless in the crate.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

It was to explain why he was topless in the crate.

Ah, a practical rather than a logical move on the part of the writers. Makes sense.

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    But why make him topless in the first place?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's electricity, it's hot. Sometimes things get light on fire. Electrical fire anyone?
    Do you all really care that much?

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lightning acts in different ways in different situations.

The ligtning arc'd from adam the wall hence it went through him.

Peter's went down and through his body and into the floor.

The explanation about the fire is that some people do catch on fire while other's don't, for no other reason that they are lucky.

But when Peter took his shirt off my reaction was, "ooooooooh that's how he ended up half naked."

Blake T on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

By the looks of it he spent the last three months in the gym, the boy wanted to show off his guns.

Blake T on
  • Options
    IllyriaIllyria __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Have you seen his body?

He's for female viewers of this show what Hayden Panettiere is for male viewers.

Illyria on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] alley.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Okay, that was a stupid question.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.