Options

The [presidential election] is done with conventions

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Because we shouldn't let the orange tire fire distract us from the fact that his running mate is a dumpster fire as well.

It's unnerving how...quaint these criticisms feel in comparison to said orange tire fire

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I'm wondering how close Trump will get to calling for Clinton to be assassinated before all this shit is over.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    If I had the ear of every idiot alt-righter and they had mine in a beautiful ouroboros of stupidity I would definitely try to slip in some shit like "berenstain bears used to be spelled berenstein bears" into one of these rambling press conferences

That would be like the 15th most "wait wut" thing in this particular press conference

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Is... Trump now trying to start a fight with golfers? What?

he just doesn't want people to see him playing golf because he's terrible at the game. there have been reports of him cheating posted in previous threads.

That's not it. He thinks he's incredible because every caddy wants a huge tip.

His claims about not wanting to be seen holding a golf club were so he could make this attack on Obama.

I'm 100% sure it's a total fabrication made up on the spot.

subject: golf > desired output: insult Obama > "i'm amazing at golf but I didn't do it this one time" > "Obama plays too much golf" > mission fucking accomplished, you've done it again Donnie, you're the best > smug.gif

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    I'm wondering how close Trump will get to calling for Clinton to be assassinated before all this shit is over.

...please don't tempt fate.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    EDIT:
    I changed my mind about this part. Not worth following up on.
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    The man can't stay on topic for any more than one sentence.

It reads like a bad parody of an Old Spice ad.

Old Spice ads are bad parodies of Old Spice ads. Up your game, Trump!

Cambiata wrote: »
    Must I keep saying it? The rest of his harem means nothing, Trump only has eyes for Putin-chan.

Trump Muyo!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    what's a tariff war again? --paul manafort, because trump sure as shit isn't ever going to ask that question

I think the only question Manafort has these days is "where's the bottle opener?"

"Siri, whats the exchange rate between dollars and hryvnia?"

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

hippofant wrote: »
    No, Donald Trump did not eject a baby (Eyewitness report from Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale.)
    The baby was one row in front of me, three or four rows from the stage, at Trump’s event at a high school in Ashburn, Va. ...

But, to my eyes, it certainly was not an ejection — it was an unusually barbed endorsement of the mother’s own decision to depart.

According to neighbors of mine who were there, the lady was actually leaving with the baby when Trump stopped her the first time, telling her it was fine, she should stay.

He started on something else and then went back to her, telling her he was kidding and she should bounce.

(I am paraphrasing).

Asharad on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Because we shouldn't let the orange tire fire distract us from the fact that his running mate is a dumpster fire as well.

Sandra, I love you, but for gods' sakes spellcheck.

Also, if anyone remembers the flapup over Obama doing one of these appearances and talking about arugula and how he's completely disconnected from the regular bluecollar lettuce eaters, he was talking to arugula farmers. This shit is what campaigning actually is.

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular

It's not like this isn't in the mind of a LOT of Trump supporters

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »

Ohnoes! Better carpetbomb the airwaves then! Just to be sure!

Ok maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't it be obvious which states trump is targeting by all the ad buys in the state? Like you can't secretly run for president in a state?

Well, not until now.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

"AND THE PANTS OF THE VICAR ARE CLOSING RATAPLAN RATAPLAN RRRRRRR"

Absalon on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I don't know how anyone can have self respect speaking such nonsense. I mean the language, not even the positions and opinions. good lord.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Variable wrote: »
    so I think the issue is, if I could diagnose here without going into mental issues or hwat have you

- he is bored by politics so he can't talk about any of it for more than a few minutes before he himself becomes the topic.
    - he has no specifics so the poltical talk takes even less time than if the first thing was the only issue

so you get 5 minutes of IRAN! MONEY! SPACE! LIBYA! 3RD WORLD! TAXES! no solutions, no hint of policy.

and then he's gonna talk for another hour so buckle up.

and he doesn't see this as an issue.

He doesn't even need specific policy proposals to talk about something like Iran. He just needs to know enough to attack Hillary in a non-WTF is he talking about fashion. He instead says this:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Co9riH-VYAAHnuR.jpg:large
    ArcTangent wrote: »

My god. Even the simplest things, like who he worked for, get turned into ridiculous attacks followed immediately by "but that's okay."
    He worked for I believe The Washington Post and The New York Times and he worked for different things. Terrible. Terrible. Totally dishonest, that's okay.

All of this is complete fucking wordsalad gibberish. I get what he's trying to say, but it takes way too much effort, especially for someone running for President.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Asharad wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »
    No, Donald Trump did not eject a baby (Eyewitness report from Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale.)
    The baby was one row in front of me, three or four rows from the stage, at Trump’s event at a high school in Ashburn, Va. ...

But, to my eyes, it certainly was not an ejection — it was an unusually barbed endorsement of the mother’s own decision to depart.

According to neighbors of mine who were there, the lady was actually leaving with the baby when Trump stopped her the first time, telling her it was fine, she should stay.

He started on something else and then went back to her, telling her he was kidding and she should bounce.

(I am paraphrasing).

The best description I've heard of it is that he gaslit the woman.

• Options
  • Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

Goddamnit, didn't someone joke about him doing something like this earlier in the thread?

This election...

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

That's not how this... aw, forget it.

Is this step one on the plan to get all the jobs back? Let them go to other countries and then invade them?

Ok maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't it be obvious which states trump is targeting by all the ad buys in the state? Like you can't secretly run for president in a state?

There would have to be ad buys. I assume though, he's trying to say the Silent Majority will finally come to the polls in the Mystery States and Trump will win those states without even having to campaign there.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

He's going to deteriorate after he loses and God knows where the bottom is.

• Options

I'm waiting for him to drop the N-Bomb.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

I'm betting the C-Bomb comes before the N-Bomb.

• Options

Technically, so is Trump...

• Options
    And in counterprogramming against stupid, Clinton's rally in Colorado:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsWMGz7NQCk

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Is this step one on the plan to get all the jobs back? Let them go to other countries and then invade them?

He thinks he doesn't need campaign ads, maybe?

The bigger question was raised in the Washington Post interview, and that is what is the secret state?
    TRUMP: Well, I’d rather not say. Because why should I highlight it? But we have some states that I think are very competitive in that no Republican has ever been competitive in. But I’d rather not say what they are. Don’t you agree with that? I’d rather not say what they are.

RUCKER: So you’ll win with the secret state strategy?

TRUMP: No, not the secret state, no. But I have states
    , and you know this, I have states that no other Republican would do well in that I think I’m gonna win. But I don’t want to name those states.
    Is it Nega-Florida? Neo New Mexico?

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    You know, fuck it...I want Obama to say yes to the golf challenge just to see what happens.

• Options

The bigger question was raised in the Washington Post interview, and that is what is the secret state?
    TRUMP: Well, I’d rather not say. Because why should I highlight it? But we have some states that I think are very competitive in that no Republican has ever been competitive in. But I’d rather not say what they are. Don’t you agree with that? I’d rather not say what they are.

, and you know this, I have states that no other Republican would do well in that I think I’m gonna win. But I don’t want to name those states.

Mega City One.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular

Wow, Trump is such a wound-riddled, weak-point-exhibiting mess that even Clinton can zing him easily.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

We. Don't. Speak. Of. Xanth.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I didn't think the idea of a secret strategy could get stupider

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    You know, fuck it...I want Obama to say yes to the golf challenge just to see what happens.

It would be like end of Great White Hype.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The way these last few days have been, I am imagining a lot of Republicans have made dental appointments because they have ground their teeth into a fine white powder.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »

Secret Service says no to him getting close to a crazy person with a club.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Mega City One.

Oceania.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

You know maybe this is what the mariners have been doing to me this year vari. They aren't actually losing games, they have a secret strat for winning the world series they just aren't showing me.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    milski wrote: »

We. Don't. Speak. Of. Xanth.

Good Magician Humphry won't allow any other fakers in Xanth, Trump will have to look elsewhere.

Enc on
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Consider that it has only been a week since the DNC ended, and we have already filled a whole 'nother thread with all of Trump's crazy and/or stupid.

13 more to go.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Asharad wrote: »
    Absalon wrote: »

Goddamnit, didn't someone joke about him doing something like this earlier in the thread?

This election...

Well, it's our fault for drawing his attention.
    Now, he's here, among us, reading our posts and looking for inspiration.

We knew he had people, just the best people, googling his name for information about what his opposition was saying.
    It was all but inevitable that he would find these threads eventually.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

You know maybe this is what the mariners have been doing to me this year vari. They aren't actually losing games, they have a secret strat for winning the world series they just aren't showing me.

its so secret that they wont even implement it. that way no one can will ever figure out how to beat it!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I don't know how anyone can have self respect speaking such nonsense. I mean the language, not even the positions and opinions. good lord.

He's literally incoherent; he can't even hold a sentence together. Nothing he says makes any sense in any of these transcripts, his thoughts are fish jumping from one puddle to another in his mind

This discussion has been closed.