As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes: S.2 - Spoilers Inside - UPDATED OP.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You uhh, you guys should read the bible.

Cain was cursed to be a "restless wanderer of the earth, marked that no one should kill him, that anyone who did would be punished sevenfold."

Some versions dont use "restless" or "Ceaseless", but that is the most common translation. And the sevenfold is important, because 7 is gods number. So any one who killed him would recieve the most severe of punishments. Such that cain would never be able to stop wandering and that god would protect him from death.

The VtM guys didnt actually change the mythology of Cain all that much. Just everything after Cains Curse. The spelling of it is irrelevent.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Now that would be interesting. Hiro transports Adam to before time. Adam becomes caine.

The first vampire?

Yes, but no. Caine is/was cursed to walk the earth for eternity and never die, that no man can kill him. Thus creating the first vampire myth. But with Adam taking that position he could easily take that place in mythology.

Also, who is Cain, because Cain and Caine are the same person as far as i know.

He was curse to walk the earth, but is killable. Simply who ever slays him receives the lord's vengeance seven times over, and one of his decendants mentions that his protection was only for seven generations. But it's an unlikely source of the vampire myth. There isn't a biblical reference to vampire like behavior, and the folklore that sprung up around him was much more akin to the wandering jew, rather then a member of the undead. The closest thing I can think of is some translations of Beowulf stating that Grendel and his mother bore the mark of Cain.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Adam is also "killable". And 7 is not literal.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Huh. That reminds me of the japanese creation myth, when these two gods effed and the lady gave birth to a horrible leech creature and they sent it off into the ocean in a boat.

I like to think that thing is still floating around somewhere.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

Adam is not killable.

He says, "they couldn't find a way to kill me, so they decided to lock me up" or something like that.

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ege02 wrote: »

Adam is not killable.

He says, "they couldn't find a way to kill me, so they decided to lock me up" or something like that.

I dont think you understand why it was in quotes.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Adam is not killable.

I dont think you understand why it was in quotes.

Why is it in quotes?

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Because he can die in a similar manner that Cain can die. I.E. He will not die.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Adam is not killable.

I'm not really sure they tried that hard. I mean I'm guessing an industrial solvent/acid bath would take him out like a treat.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Adam is not killable.

I'm not really sure they tried that hard. I mean I'm guessing an industrial solvent/acid bath would take him out like a treat.

A nuclear explosion didn't take out Peter, whose healing powers as far as we know are inferior to those of Adam.

ege02 on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A nuclear explosion didn't take out Peter, whose healing powers as far as we know are inferior to those of Adam.
    The nuclear powers have never been shown to affect the user. Ever. Why do people not accept this?

Quid on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You really don't need to kill someone.

Encase them in concrete cover that in glass, drop at the bottom of the ocean then just walk the fuck away. The glass wont corrode away and the concrete will stop him from moving, even if he's alive he's not going to go an awful lot.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    The nuclear powers have never been shown to affect the user. Ever. Why do people not accept this?

We have also never seen anyone unleash a blast that big. Not even Ted did it. Tiny surges of radioactive blasts are one thing, a nuclear blast that can take out half of New York is another.

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

We have also never seen anyone unleash a blast that big. Not even Ted did it. Tiny surges of radioactive blasts are one thing, a nuclear blast that can take out half of New York is another.
    Those little blasts were melting people and leaving the user completely unaffected. Completely. Why does the size change it? The worst that came from it were that Peter's clothes were in bad shape.

Quid on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Those little blasts were melting people and leaving the user completely unaffected. Completely. Why does the size change it? The worst that came from it were that Peter's clothes were in bad shape.

In the commentary they say something to the effect of that Ted was like an "oven" and that when you use an oven, it doesn't burn itself.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Blaket wrote: »

Encase them in concrete cover that in glass, drop at the bottom of the ocean then just walk the fuck away. The glass wont corrode away and the concrete will stop him from moving, even if he's alive he's not going to go an awful lot.

I wonder how anyone would even render him unconscious, since he could presumably heal from anything, and he should have learned some basic hand to hand combat by now.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I wonder how anyone would even render him unconscious, since he could presumably heal from anything, and he should have learned some basic hand to hand combat by now.

Whack him on the back of the head? Just because he can heal any damage, doesn't mean he'll instantly wake up.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

In the commentary they say something to the effect of that Ted was like an "oven" and that when you use an oven, it doesn't burn itself.

I wonder if people with Ted's power are immune to it. That would explain how Sylar survived the explosion in Five Years Gone.

Whack him on the back of the head? Just because he can heal any damage, doesn't mean he'll instantly wake up.

Yeah, Elle had no problem knocking Peter unconscious with an electricity blast. I think that's pretty ridiculous though, the dude can wake up instantly from death but he can still be knocked out cold for hours?

Zek on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That or he got Claire before the explosion.

Quid on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ...and then she got better?

Zek on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    ...and then she got better?
    I thought in Five Years Gone it was said that Sylar killed Claire.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Zek wrote: »

I wonder if people with Ted's power are immune to it. That would explain how Sylar survived the explosion in Five Years Gone.

My particular theory is that Hiro coming back from the future made him decide to try and take out Sylar then and there, and Hiro's interruption during Sylar's fight (and killing) of his mother kicked in Sylar's "Evolutionary imperitive" state of mind when he quite possibly would have saw his mother's death as a reason to quit and just get the hell out of dodge.

Yeah, Elle had no problem knocking Peter unconscious with an electricity blast. I think that's pretty ridiculous though, the dude can wake up instantly from death but he can still be knocked out cold for hours?

*shrug* Artistic license? Or perhaps being knocked out cold doesn't kick the regeneration factor in. "Unconscious" is not an injury.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

*shrug* Artistic license? Or perhaps being knocked out cold doesn't kick the regeneration factor in. "Unconscious" is not an injury.
    Err, people don't just drop unconscious, unless they're sleeping. It's usually an injury to the brain from head trauma that causes someone to get knocked out, that or a lack of bloodflow to the brain, as such, if the injury is repaired, they should then wake up.

So if someone heals rapidly, they should lose consciousness for only a few seconds before their healing factor kicks in and they wake back up again.

But yeah, artistic licence and all that.

But hey, there's more than one way they could have killed Adam, I mean, Bob can transmute things into gold, apparently; surely he could have made a nice gold statue out of the guy and then melted him down?

Rapid healing doesn't mean shit if the very matter you're made of turns into a nice malleable metal.

That said, maybe he can only transmute metals? Who knows?

Rohaq on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    man if they have enough bullets they can just shoot him in the head over and over while they fetch the concrete.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Or hold him down? Perhaps with some sort of rope like substance?

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    See this is why we don't put you in charge of fun things.

Tube on
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd wager that adam is only defeated by him being permanently sealed away. That way they don't have to worry about whether he's alive or not; he's not going to threaten the world if he's in a box underground somewhere.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Or hold him down? Perhaps with some sort of rope like substance?

Dude it's a fucking show about superheroes don't use whacky ideas.

They'll get a guy that can control snakes or some shit and wrap him on in an anaconda or someshit.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    They could just ram something big and pointy into the back of his head, similar to how Claire and Peter 'died' in the first season. I seem to recall that pretty much took them out of commission, even if they did spring back to life once the offending item was removed.

Rohaq on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I get the feeling that Matt will trap Adam in his own head (Yeah, that one just came to me).

Also, I have a suspicion that Adam's blood may be the source of the superhero mutation.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Cojones wrote: »
    I'd wager that adam is only defeated by him being permanently sealed away. That way they don't have to worry about whether he's alive or not; he's not going to threaten the world if he's in a box underground somewhere.

They did that to Angel on the show of the same name. Awesome way to end a season.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I get the feeling that Matt will trap Adam in his own head (Yeah, that one just came to me).

Also, I have a suspicion that Adam's blood may be the source of the superhero mutation.
    Seeing as Nathan was the first to be injected with his blood (that we know of - by the way Adam talks, he seems to have done this before), and was one of the first to die from the Shanti virus, it seems likely.

However there's also the fact that the mutated virus has been injected into Nicki, and it looks like she may die as there's no known cure.

Hmmmm....

Rohaq on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No, I'm referring to several generations ago. Adam started giving his blood away, and the people who gave them to started mutating. Something like that. Think promicin.

On that note, it's still ridiculous how Mohinder's computer apparently has all the DNA records of anyone's who's ever donated blood on his computer.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That doesn't explain how Adam got his powers, or the significance of the eclipse.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Adam just got his damn powers, okay?

It's a TV show. Don't think to much into it.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That's why we shouldn't explain it at all. It's a tv show. Why rationalize the impossible?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That doesn't explain how Adam got his powers, or the significance of the eclipse.
    Maybe Hiro takes Adam into the past so that he can give blood to himself.

PARADOX!

Rohaq on
  • Options
    mantidormantidor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    to regeneration, what is supposed to happen if they just cut their heads off? will claire/adam grow a new one? I doubt it. It's the sure way to kill the inmortals, is not like highlander didn't teach us that.

mantidor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    She couldn't grow a new head because her brain seems to be the source of her powers (perhaps it stores information on the body that is used to perfectly regenerate that which is harmed or severed) so, if anything, she'd grow a new body from her head. That is to assume that she also has the ability to generate bone and tissue and all of that from nothing, of course, and wasn't just shuffling bits around when she grew a new toe.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Obviously, Claire needs to test this out.

And west should too, just in case.

Gorilla Salad on
This discussion has been closed.