Options

[MechWarrior Online] The fix for that Stompy Bot craving.

• Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    The Meta Mechs Teir List has been updated again. I'm mostly amused because the terrible Kodak has five variants in Tier 1. Yeah guys, the KDK-3 is the only problem...
    http://metamechs.com/mwo-tier-lists/meta-tier-list/

Now that all the good quirks are gone, IS is in full LPL/ML boat mode now. Yay. I think the worst part is that the energy draw system doesn't really change any of that. Sure you won't be alpha'ing all of your lasers, but you rarely do anyway because of range/heat/side peeking.

The IS Teir list is pretty amusing as well.

http://metamechs.com/mwo-tier-lists/is-list/

One Teir 1 medium. Two Teir 1 lights. Ouch.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    kaliyama wrote: »
    I've just come out of the caul of 3 consecutive 90-hour work weeks, when do we play megamek next?

@kaliyama
    To my knowledge, Thursday is mech night.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    IS has been in full LPL/ML boat mode for a long time.

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I guess, I bailed around February after range quirks got gutted across the board. I just kind of forgot that the meta has been stale for half a year now. I know PGI must be putting a lot of hope in their Energy system, but I really never had any hope of that making anything new viable. At least LPLs are getting nerfed, lol.

• Options
    Stayfrosty00Stayfrosty00 Registered User regular
    Logging on to stomp some robots. Come join the fun.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I guess, I bailed around February after range quirks got gutted across the board. I just kind of forgot that the meta has been stale for half a year now. I know PGI must be putting a lot of hope in their Energy system, but I really never had any hope of that making anything new viable. At least LPLs are getting nerfed, lol.

I've occasionally seen LRMs in FW, but I cant remember the last time I saw ballistics at all.

the big bulk of what I see are LPL/MPL boating, followed by Medium Lasers and LL/ERLL

Half my dropdeck is nothing but ML boating Grasshoppers, Then I have a MPL Boating Grasshopper and a Raven 3L that has MPLs and SRM because..lets face it, if I get to the raven, shits going poorly.

edit
    Obviously this is on the IS side.

Clanners run a wide gamut of things because all their equipment is awesome and has no drawbacks.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Hey folks. I just logged in and it's asking me about locking in my faction with FRR and that it's permanent. What's the scoop here?

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Hey folks. I just logged in and it's asking me about locking in my faction with FRR and that it's permanent. What's the scoop here?

Is that from the OOSIK invite?

If so, it's because OOSIKs are "FRR Loyalists". If you leave the outfit you go back to unaffiliated I think.

Good news is that it's only for Faction Play/Community Warfare and you should never play that.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I spoke to soon, next event will be a FP event.

Though delayed until next weekend

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Man, this HBR continues to impress. Just got my Johnny Five on a 935 match. <3

It really plays as if it is a morbidly obese Cheetah that got lazy and decided to carry the biggest gun it could find instead of a knife.

You get the UAC20, and you get it again. And you get it some more because you plainly have difficulty with pattern recognition. And so does your buddy. And his buddy. And now you're all running away and I am shooting you in the back with four medium lasers and my UAC20.

Dakka strong.

Never mind my gushing, though. Which mechs do you guys have all the fun with?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »

It really plays as if it is a morbidly obese Cheetah that got lazy and decided to carry the biggest gun it could find instead of a knife.

You get the UAC20, and you get it again. And you get it some more because you plainly have difficulty with pattern recognition. And so does your buddy. And his buddy. And now you're all running away and I am shooting you in the back with four medium lasers and my UAC20.

Dakka strong.

Which mechs do you guys have all the fun with?

These days I use:
    Bounty Hunter with 3 LPL and 4 ML.
    Arrow with 3 LPL
    Timber Wolf with 2 LPL and 4 ML

Haven't played a whole lot lately, but the ULTRACAT!!! does work again with the rescale. Catapult with 2 UAC5 and 4 ML.

The Cheetah was a god when I used it

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Dakka strong.

It's been a while, but my top three have been:

Hellbringer-A: LB20X, 4 ERML, ECM
    Ebon Jaguar (any variant): Gauss + ERPPC in the highest mounted hardpoints, 6 ERSLs, targeting computer
    Marauder Bounty Hunter II: AC20, 6 medium lasers, 1 small laser, 1 jump jet

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Dakka strong.

4xLRM10 6xSL Timberwolf.

4xSRM6 3xML Timberwolf

7xERML Timberwolf

IS shit is just too hit or miss anymore.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular

Dakka strong.

TDR-5SS was my main squeeze for the longest time. HBK-4P for that sweet 9x ML Death Star goodness. MX90 for all the dakka and my very first mech ever, the JM6-S with double AC/20s.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Konphujun wrote: »

Dakka strong.

TDR-5SS was my main squeeze for the longest time. HBK-4P for that sweet 9x ML Death Star goodness. MX90 for all the dakka and my very first mech ever, the JM6-S with double AC/20s.

Nah, nah.

You don't run the Death Star with 9 ML

You run it with 9 SPL.

Then its a Disco Death Star.

• Options
    The Dance Star?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ahem, I believe Padre meant to call it The Partyback.

https://youtu.be/CeDIm5Qpmx4

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options

Dakka strong.

Usually my 2xcERPPC+ECM Shadowcat.

Fast, Jumpjets, and awesome mounts it's fun to zip around and take pot shots at everybody.

4xAC2 Rifleman if I want to make some noise.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    The disco ball

oh gosh

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    I spoke to soon, next event will be a FP event.

Though delayed until next weekend

He also announced a Podcast about FW with NGNG.

I don't know what I'd expect to come out of this, probably their plans to address stuff that came up in the roundtable awhile ago. Like Energy Draw, I figure any changes they do make will probably have minimal impact. Even something as simple as "we're going to FWify all the quickplay maps and then filter maps by planet based on lore/climate" would make me way happier than the only thing I can imagine happening which would be "you can no longer drop on a specific planet, each faction has a global Invasion queue with matchmaking." So, yeah, that's kind of an improvement for most people? But makes FW feel even more like Quick Play, which is also kind of the opposite direction I want it to go.

Also, new mechpack :P

• Options
    I'm not sure how to make FW better without completely overhauling it..

A match maker would be nice though, and probably the minimum requirement for getting me to play that mode (or events that I'll sufer through because I like to fill bars)

Unique rewards might be nice, like cross-faction weapons and equiptment (I say as an IS player :P)

Though for a differentiating it from QP, I'd like them so split up attack lanes (on the map) so you're hitting 2-3 locations simultaneously, or maybe just increase the number of mechs that drop to 18.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    I figure they could make people about 2 or 3 times as satisfied by just handing out free faction warhorns/camo on commonly used mechs in the lore for your faction as you gain ranks. But that hamster in a wheel is cool too I guess...

• Options
    I figure they could make people about 2 or 3 times as satisfied by just handing out free faction warhorns/camo on commonly used mechs in the lore for your faction as you gain ranks. But that hamster in a wheel is cool too I guess...

It's what's powering my IS mechs.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Dear Oosik Friends!

Today is the appointed day, and in a matter of hours we will embark once again on the Not Quite A Campaign in MegaMek! Here's what we're doing tonight:
    Scenario 2: "The Old Running Smash"
    Description:
    The Lyran Alliance Armed Forces, in late 3022, contracted the Oosik Irregulars (through their back-network channels) as an early-scout and interdiction force in an offensive
    against the Draconis Combine border world of Aubisson. Following the First Company's success in the weakening a key defensive outpost, the Second Company
    has been tasked with intercepting and destroying a supply caravan moving to reinforce and resupply the Draconis Combine troops.

Objectives:
    Oosik First Company
    -Primary: Destroy all elements of the Supply Caravan before it exits the southern edge of the map.
    -Secondary: Destroy all defending forces
    Draconis Combine OpFor
    -Primary: Destroy or rout the invading Oosiks

Scenario Rules:
    -All forces will be drawn from canon units, available in 3022, and must not include any experimental, advanced, or LosTech technologies (e.g. "Level 1" rules tech only)
    -Each player on the Oosik force will command a single 'Mech, of Light or Medium class, of their choice.
    -Each Oosik pilot starts with Gunnery 4 / Piloting 5 skills, and may improve a skill by one point if desired. The BV adjustment for improved skills will be applied.
    -Upon mustering, the total BV of the Oosik force will be balanced by an OpFor of 'Mechs and Vehicles totalling no more than the Oosik's BV times 1.3.
    -The OpFor will include a number of unarmed, converted Brunel supply caravan vehicles, numbering equal to the number of Oosik units plus two.
    -Three mapsheets, arranged 3x1 short edge to short edge, will be used. The Oosik forces will deploy on the southern-most map.
    -OpFor units will be positioned on the northernmost map, within six hexes of the north edge.
    -The scenario will have no time limit.

I'll see y'all online in Vent, between 7:30 and 8 PM CDT!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    @Nips
    Any rules of engagement concerning unarmed pilots/vehicle crews that are forced to abandon their vehicles?

I'm not sure how they were treated at this time. Valid targets? Protected by treaties / unwritten code of War? Captured for ransom?

It's not really that important, but muh immersion.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @Nips
    Any rules of engagement concerning unarmed pilots/vehicle crews that are forced to abandon their vehicles?

I'm not sure how they were treated at this time. Valid targets? Protected by treaties / unwritten code of War? Captured for ransom?

It's not really that important, but muh immersion.

They are clearly threats to the mission and must be eliminated.

edit
    We have to stick with the same mechs from last time, or can we select different ones?

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    @General_Armchair War is hell, man. ;)

@Buttcleft Given that I'm not enforcing any sort of continuity, you'll get a chance to pick a new 'Mech.

• Options
    Nips wrote: »
    @General_Armchair War is hell, man. ;)

@Buttcleft Given that I'm not enforcing any sort of continuity, you'll get a chance to pick a new 'Mech.

Thank god.

Wasn't overly happy with the hatchetmans performance, especially since it lost its AC10.

• Options
    @Nips are the Brunel caravan guys the standard 150 ton dump truck?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @Nips are the Brunel caravan guys the standard 150 ton dump truck?

:D

[Edit] That said, I just eyeballed their stats on MM this morning, and I reserve the right to change these to something less stupid if it would break the game/scenario/my patience.

Nips on
  • Options
    There may be a hiccup in my plans tonight; stay tuned for either glorious Mech revelry, or me being the saltiest fucker on the face of the planet.

• Options
    There may be a hiccup in my plans tonight; stay tuned for either glorious Mech revelry, or me being the saltiest fucker on the face of the planet.
    Step off my game before I drag you down to my level and beat you with my sodium infused fists.

• Options

@Nips I'm rushing. This thing still on?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    All quiet in vent for now.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm watching the threads

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Fuuuu*. Salt it is.

Have to reschedule this for next week. My shit's off the rails over here, and it's 80% likely I'm going have a "polite" conversation with a contractor as a consequence.

• Options
    Fuuuu*. Salt it is.

Have to reschedule this for next week. My shit's off the rails over here, and it's 80% likely I'm going have a "polite" conversation with a contractor as a consequence.

well dang. :(

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    Fuuuu*. Salt it is.

Life happens, beat him with an Oosik.

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    New PTS Wave 3: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/235952-pts-energy-draw-sept-1/

AC's got unnerfed energy values. Gauss also got a bit of an energy deduction. UACs have lower jam chance, but longer jams. PPCs back to 1:1 energy, Clan ERPPC has 15 pinpoint damage (boo) but 1 second longer cooldown. Lasers got a pretty big sweep: less energy per damage, except now Large Lasers have lower damage overall. This seems like it will increase the number of builds using 3-5 Large Lasers instead of making smaller lasers viable imo, but its not the worst thing I've ever seen PGI put into testing. I don't think Clan Smalls needed any help either while IS smalls should really have their 3 years nerfed heat values put back to TT.

The big winner is IS PPCs in my opinion, LPL is obsolete, and the Clans aren't far behind with a 1 second penalty on CERPPCs which isn't nearly enough for the extra 5 damage. The big loser is the IS ERLL which is now takes as long to fire as a Clan ER but costs more slots, more tonnage, less range and the same damage per heat.

Clans really got it good, hopefully they roll back some of this shit. Get ready for 3-6 CERLL and CLPL builds. 15 tons gets you a 24 damage 24 heat IS ERLL alpha, or load up 12 tons for a 30 damage 30 heat Clan ERLL alpha with more range and only 0.05s more duration. 18 tons gets you a 3 CLPL boat with no heat penalty and 33 damage while IS needs 21 tons for a wimpy 27 damage LPL alpha that takes 33% longer to fire.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    New PTS Wave 3: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/235952-pts-energy-draw-sept-1/

AC's got unnerfed energy values. Gauss also got a bit of an energy deduction. UACs have lower jam chance, but longer jams. PPCs back to 1:1 energy, Clan ERPPC has 15 pinpoint damage (boo) but 1 second longer cooldown. Lasers got a pretty big sweep: less energy per damage, except now Large Lasers have lower damage overall. This seems like it will increase the number of builds using 3-5 Large Lasers instead of making smaller lasers viable imo, but its not the worst thing I've ever seen PGI put into testing. I don't think Clan Smalls needed any help either while IS smalls should really have their 3 years nerfed heat values put back to TT.

The big winner is IS PPCs in my opinion, LPL is obsolete, and the Clans aren't far behind with a 1 second penalty on CERPPCs which isn't nearly enough for the extra 5 damage. The big loser is the IS ERLL which is now takes as long to fire as a Clan ER but costs more slots, more tonnage, less range and the same damage per heat.

Clans really got it good, hopefully they roll back some of this shit. Get ready for 3-6 CERLL and CLPL builds. 15 tons gets you a 24 damage 24 heat IS ERLL alpha, or load up 12 tons for a 30 damage 30 heat Clan ERLL alpha with more range and only 0.05s more duration. 18 tons gets you a 3 CLPL boat with no heat penalty and 33 damage while IS needs 21 tons for a wimpy 27 damage LPL alpha that takes 33% longer to fire.

I read this and see "take twin CERPPC shadowcat and spam towards heads."

The two CERPPCs on the cat are so closely packed that they practically clip into each other(edit: I misremembered. One's in the torso and one's in the arm. Still they're darn close). They're not quite that into each other. Either I'll hit their CT for 30 damage (which is great) or I'll hit their head for 30 damage, which should headcap anything in one shot.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code: