As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's get ready to [Hearthstone]! Tournament Details in OP

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Gaaaaah. I seem to be getting worse at Hearthstone. I used to be able to climb up to at least 15, but now I can't even crack 18. I keep using the most popular decks on hearthpwn, but I keep getting stomped. The only reason I won two games today is because they both made stupid mistakes.

Am I missing something? Do I need to do something different to escape the crap ranks?

You might be playing poorly. Try taking alternate lines of play when you see them to see how they work out. I had a period of time where I felt like I was constantly losing with top tier decks, and I took a couple of days exploring alternate lines of play from what appeared to be the most obvious lines, and it helped my gameplay a lot.

Also always be thinking ahead about how you'll set up lethal in 2-3 turns, and generally play toward the way your deck tends to win games. For example if you're hunter, your gameplan is generally to have control of the board going into turn 8 so you can call of the wild to gain an insurmountable lead.

Marty81 on
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Also I think the ladder has gotten harder lately. I don't see a lot of difference between rank 5 and rank 15. For the most part they're both playing the same decks, and the rank 5 players are just a little bit better at setting up lethal and avoiding plays that have obvious punishes.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So I caved and bought the welcome pack.

Free Legendary Archmage Antonidas! Now I have the dream team Mage deck with Rhonin and Malygos.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Buying the welcome pack, only class legendary I have is grom, so lets see what I get....

Edit: Al'Akir! Can try out some of those legendary midrange decks now.....though I was looking forward to trying a gimmicky barnes-velen deck since the game usually gives me priest legenadries

ronzo on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Is the welcome pack a limited time thing or no?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Is the welcome pack a limited time thing or no?

One per account.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    playing dog's reno/control mage. first reno deck since it first showed up and I played with lock a very little bit.

just as I get to the point vs this druid that I feel "I have no way to win", everything changed. it's not that I was so behind, I just felt like I could never turn the pressure around.

then, a string of board delays and then a full clear (the highlight was... drawing my flamestrike when I thought I'd used my only one. turns out it was from the cabalists tome that my 1 cabalists tome gave me) and I get a nice breath. and a fuller hand! and much farther from fatigue

that felt good. that second full board was thanks to yogg so it would have really really bugged me

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    My call pet, highmane, princess hurihan deck has drawn another call pet 6/7 times I've cast call pet so far.

edit: 8/9

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    playing dog's reno/control mage. first reno deck since it first showed up and I played with lock a very little bit.

just as I get to the point vs this druid that I feel "I have no way to win", everything changed. it's not that I was so behind, I just felt like I could never turn the pressure around.

then, a string of board delays and then a full clear (the highlight was... drawing my flamestrike when I thought I'd used my only one. turns out it was from the cabalists tome that my 1 cabalists tome gave me) and I get a nice breath. and a fuller hand! and much farther from fatigue

that felt good. that second full board was thanks to yogg so it would have really really bugged me

Link to the decklist? I've always wanted to play a Reno deck, but never feel like I have enough of the expensive cards to do so, but I have a ton of the Mage ones

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    My call pet, highmane, princess hurihan deck has drawn another call pet 6/7 times I've cast call pet so far.

edit: 8/9

eAuLejG.png?1

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Got an Edwin for my Class Legendary. I didn't have him, so that's nice. Was really hoping for Grom though.

Two Big Game Hunters in a row. "Random," uh huh :P

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Got an Edwin for my Class Legendary. I didn't have him, so that's nice. Was really hoping for Grom though.

you're still going on with this "blizz doesn't seed properly" thing because you happened to unpack two of the same card close to each other, huh

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ronzo wrote: »

Link to the decklist? I've always wanted to play a Reno deck, but never feel like I have enough of the expensive cards to do so, but I have a ton of the Mage ones

if you look at twitch.tv/hsdogdog/profile and play his most recent vod (he's still live but you can watch from earlier tonight) you'll see it.

I'll try and edit the pic together really quick (i'll add it to this post w/in 5 mins if I have no issues)

I feel like I say this 2-3 times a month sometimes haha but this deck is fun as hell while also very kindly being of a class I want to grind. every game has me managing the opponent's board in a way that I find to be lots of fun. it's like freeze in a way but because of the wide variety of tools it rarely feels like 'well, there's literally nothing I can do because I didn't draw xyz'. often you can stall in some way or clear one enemy or another to get another chance

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »

if you look at twitch.tv/hsdogdog/profile and play his most recent vod (he's still live but you can watch from earlier tonight) you'll see it.

I'll try and edit the pic together really quick (i'll add it to this post w/in 5 mins if I have no issues)

I feel like I say this 2-3 times a month sometimes haha but this deck is fun as hell while also very kindly being of a class I want to grind. every game has me managing the opponent's board in a way that I find to be lots of fun. it's like freeze in a way but because of the wide variety of tools it rarely feels like 'well, there's literally nothing I can do because I didn't draw xyz'. often you can stall in some way or clear one enemy or another to get another chance

This is basically why concede mage became my favorite deck even though I only had a little time with it before the first rotation

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    @ronzo I lied it's not edited into that post
    DogReno.png

• Options

you're still going on with this "blizz doesn't seed properly" thing because you happened to unpack two of the same card close to each other, huh

Yes :D

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    DogReno.png

Haha, this looks great. I'm missing more of the legendaries than i was hoping, but I can maybe make it work

Edit: most recent patch fucks up backround audio on my iPhone. Seems to cut the volume of anything I'm listening to (podcasts or music) in half.

ronzo on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Heh, turn one hungry crab, prep, gang up, turn two druid concedes.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Noxious posted this list on Twitter & it looks super fun.

SMib9Xi.png

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    i got jaraxxus!
    i've been trying to open jaraxxus for like two and a half years now.

EDIT: my new brawl deck destroys mill and ice block.
    holy smite, mind vision, mind blast.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I got Cenarius. ho hum 400 dust. Also got deathwing with my ten packs, another 400 dust. I have enough dust for another legendary but not sure what to do. I am missing alexstraza and baron geddon, but not really playing any decks they are necessary in. Might sit on the dust for the new expansion whenever it comes out.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    sloshed thoughts: tyrande is actually much closer to a paladin than a priest

yes technically her title is literally "priestess of the moon" but the priesthood of elune is much more martial than the priesthood of the Light that anduin represent. she's basically a holy warrior of her goddess, but represented through archery rather than melee combat

one of those niche classes that don't fit cleanly into broad archetypes in games

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=har5UayjPms

tryande's "Wow" game is WEAK

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Oh man! The update on android makes the app steal audio focus. I can't listen to my audiobook while playing anymore :(

Gaaaaah!

Edit: I hadn't heard the HS music since back in like, beta... IT HAS NOT IMPROVED!!!

djFindus on
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Coffey wrote: »
    Noxious posted this list on Twitter & it looks super fun.

SMib9Xi.png

Yeah, I've watched a lot of apdrop and he's been playing that all this season for ladder. It gets some really insane plays that just outright cuz a player to concede, haha. it still has issues sometimes when you can't draw an aoe but otherwise he's piloted it to something like 765% winrate or ludicrous.

IT plays better than the anyfin paladin deck he was running last season.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

Yes :D

And because Ysharr is in my opening hand about 70% of the time.

Also, I think I found the best brawl deck that beats mill and such:

Mage
    That 1 mana 2 dmg a minion spell, arcane something
    Barnes
    Deathwing deagonlord

Basically if you get a deathwinged barnes on 3-4, you should win unless you have the worst rng ever. Ping your own wing if they don't.

The best part about getting your 12-12 deathwing naturalized is that it draws both cards before the deathrattle resolves so any new wings also get dropped.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Wow! I got quite the haul in my bundle!

1x Cenarius (dupe, crafted him like a month ago)

1x Golden Leeroy Jenkins (awesome! I disenchanted my plain one back when he got nerfed)

1x Bloodmage Thalnos (dupe, crafted same time with Cenarius)

1x Pit lord (dupe, but dust is dust)

1x Murloc Warleader (dupe, but dust is dust)

1x Golden Auctioneer

1x Golden Auchenai Soul Priest

I feel I was kinda due tho as my 60 packs of OG netted me Xaril... and Boogeymonster

djFindus on
  • Options
    tryande's "Wow" game is WEAK

Her lines are uninspired, but at least they're delivered well.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    She also has custom lines when confronted with Malfurion.

• Options
    So I checked my calendar and I forgot that I had some plans for next Saturday. Bummed since I did want to try my hand at playing in the PA tournament. Hopefully there will be some fun decks posted after the tournament.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    DogReno.png

Is...is that a good deck? Traditionally Reno Mages have not been the best. Looks like it would be a blast to play though.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Though I'm missing four of the class legendaries, I got a dupe.

Though one of the 10 packs had a legendary... which was ALSO a class legendary dupe.

Starting to think I've contracted a gypsy curse or something.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I still can't see this on either my samsung or ipads.

It's supposed to be in the shop, right? Under cards?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

Yep - it's a new item at the top of the card list.

• Options
    MMMig wrote: »

Did you get the update yet? Amazon's app store updated it last night (although I had to search for it). It was about 1GB in size.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Ah that's what it was. App hadn't updated. 869MB on data now. >.<'

(Hells no I can't wait until I get home)

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    the most fun i've had with this brawl is forbidden shaping, resurrect and priest of the feast. it's not super strong or anything, but if you can live to turn 4, it gets really fun, really fast. i've healed from 6 to over 20 resurrecting potf a few times, then one 0 mana shaping. pulled a training dummy taunt too, which was actually useful lol

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Huh. I think this new sound thing with Hearthstone is going to prevent me from playing until they fix it. Playing without background sounds really takes away from my fun. That's sad :(

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    So I may have drunkenly crafted an awful arena deck. Just like some sort of hunter mess with no card about 6 mana and no card draw. Really bad and painful to play.

I considered retiring it three times in a row before finally freeing myself from the clutches of my errors. in the last game a hunter got lethal on my by using sprint to find an under city valiant and ping me for the one additional HP he needed to do 26 damage in one turn and kill me. He was down to 2 HP.

and i guess hearthstone felt bad about the 0-3 run or admired my tenacity for sticking with it because. . .

nt27k.png

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Huh. I think this new sound thing with Hearthstone is going to prevent me from playing until they fix it. Playing without background sounds really takes away from my fun. That's sad :(

What new sound thing? Oh, the sound override on phones/tablets. :(

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Down goes Battle.net. DDOS on a Friday night sounds about right.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!