As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    So, I've gotten myself to ilvl 833, and I've run out of solo stuff to do. What can I do to get into some Mythic runs with you guys? I'm generally only on one day a week (Wednesday nights, two little kids are at fault!).

3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Koldanar wrote: »
    So, I've gotten myself to ilvl 833, and I've run out of solo stuff to do. What can I do to get into some Mythic runs with you guys? I'm generally only on one day a week (Wednesday nights, two little kids are at fault!).

Are you alliance or horde? I'm 837/838 (arcane/frost) mage w/ alliance and ive been looking to get into a mythic.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Ok the world quest clearing garrison thing is crap, it won't clear any elite world quests it didn't even clear a wardens world quest. So every 3 days you can clear a quest you could easily do yourself. Good job blizz.

Yeah, I was annoyed it didn't work on dungeon WQs. I didn't notice it not working on Wardens elite quests, though.
    Ok the world quest clearing garrison thing is crap, it won't clear any elite world quests it didn't even clear a wardens world quest. So every 3 days you can clear a quest you could easily do yourself. Good job blizz.

I have no idea what this is. Must be a class specific thing

It's the second to last order hall research tier for mages, at least. The other option is getting one of your three weekly bonus roll tokens through research.

It doesn't work on any elite quest so like the suramar elites were a no go. It's fucking garbage. I'm so angry that there were limitations not anywhere indicated.

That's pretty much emblematic of the problems I have with Legion.

There's a lot of good stuff. But there's also a lot of stuff that's pointlessly tedious and super-heavy on grinding, or that leads a player into making a bad decision because somehow no one considered putting out the right information, or that says in a very heavy-handed way "we want you to play in a given way." And also the writing varies from pretty fun and interesting to given the impression that a bunch of people who really hated each other were put in a very small room and given a very short deadline to write a specific story that they hated.

Yeah, I am really torn because there are parts of this expansion I really like, but others feel directly hateful towards the player, more so than I've seen in awhile.

It's weird to say, but I feel like the fact that all the Titan/Overwatch MMO people are back is kind of a big part of the problem. I feel like they are bringing Vanilla/BC design philosophies back in which have a heavy emphasis on "carrot on a string" gameplay

hateful? "Making you actually do the content" is hateful? Sorry but this sounds like the mindset of someone who mostly plays mobile games where you just click things and its done.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say 'hateful' but it definitely has the Blizzard Touch to it. There's always something that I feel like I should be logging in and doing, and it's exhausting to give a shit about.

• Options

Are you alliance or horde? I'm 837/838 (arcane/frost) mage w/ alliance and ive been looking to get into a mythic.

Alliance as well - Paladin tank / dps.

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Peoples AH fu is lacking. They're posting 400 cloth in singles and I'm buying anything under 9g with my mouswheel in game macro, posting it higher than my competitors in stacks of 20 and 200. I make 2g-3g+ per cloth and sell anyway because people don't want to click through 200 auctions to get what they need.

400 single cloth poster your fu is weak, you jam up the AH making it slow for everyone and you spend 15 mins at a mailbox.

Also I'm flipping ore to people I buy gems from which I then sell for 400g-500g profit per gem. It's amazing. I drive up the ore price, don't have to do the prospecting myself and can just sell a few cuts a day without having to worry about over committing to a saturated market. On top of that it only takes 10-20 minutes a day.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Yeah, I was annoyed it didn't work on dungeon WQs. I didn't notice it not working on Wardens elite quests, though.

It's the second to last order hall research tier for mages, at least. The other option is getting one of your three weekly bonus roll tokens through research.

It doesn't work on any elite quest so like the suramar elites were a no go. It's fucking garbage. I'm so angry that there were limitations not anywhere indicated.

There's a lot of good stuff. But there's also a lot of stuff that's pointlessly tedious and super-heavy on grinding, or that leads a player into making a bad decision because somehow no one considered putting out the right information, or that says in a very heavy-handed way "we want you to play in a given way." And also the writing varies from pretty fun and interesting to given the impression that a bunch of people who really hated each other were put in a very small room and given a very short deadline to write a specific story that they hated.

Yeah, I am really torn because there are parts of this expansion I really like, but others feel directly hateful towards the player, more so than I've seen in awhile.

It's weird to say, but I feel like the fact that all the Titan/Overwatch MMO people are back is kind of a big part of the problem. I feel like they are bringing Vanilla/BC design philosophies back in which have a heavy emphasis on "carrot on a string" gameplay

hateful? "Making you actually do the content" is hateful? Sorry but this sounds like the mindset of someone who mostly plays mobile games where you just click things and its done.

?? What a weird thing to say. I never play mobile games.

Hateful, as in, Nomi burning all my cooking ingredients. Crafting professions that require insane mat costs, while gathering barely gets you anything, all for gear worse than what you can get in dungeons, world quests, etc. Gating entire dungeons behind massive quest chains which then cannot be queued for. And of course, all the grinding. Artifact power, order hall resources, champion XP, hell, grinding for a legendary...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016

Both of these say to me that someone walked into the room near the end of WOD and said, "WTF is up with this Dungeon Journal bullshit? The players want to figure it out for themselves, so let them."

Hateful, as in, Nomi burning all my cooking ingredients. Crafting professions that require insane mat costs, while gathering barely gets you anything, all for gear worse than what you can get in dungeons, world quests, etc. Gating entire dungeons behind massive quest chains which then cannot be queued for. And of course, all the grinding. Artifact power, order hall resources, champion XP, hell, grinding for a legendary...

Dear God, don't forget gating every Goddamn recipe behind some quest (I hate you Alchemy) or a "training" that never worked right for me (fuck you forever, LW).

Mugsley on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I'll say this is a bit of a breath of fresh air compared to WoD.
    At about this time after launch, I was mostly just logging in to manage my garrison and the occasional daily heroic.
    Now, I log in and actually have a lot of stuff to do. (It may have swung a bit hard in the other direction, but it's good)

re: Grape Ape's post

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options

Add Gremlidin#1734 and i'll see if i can be around tomorrow night. What time zone are you in?

Any other alliance folks in?

Steam
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Ultimately I'd rather be choosing not to do something than not having anything to do

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular

RNG feels really bad until it feels really good. Yes, it sucks that Nomi burns your stuff, but when you get that level 3 Seed-Battered Fish plate recipe it feels awesome.

Crafting professions have insane mat costs because Draenor put a lot of gold into the economy. If you're only concerned about gear, sell your gathering stuff and make a ton of money; don't bother using the gear yet. It's going to be continually relevant in terms of normal mode iLVL with each raid that comes out. Right now that's only 850, but that's still nice if you have gold to burn on obliterum and don't want to wait for a drop.

Grinding is gameplay. I'd rather have some grinds than nothing to do like at the end of Draenor.

• Options
    At about this time after launch, I was mostly just logging in to manage my garrison and the occasional daily heroic.
    Now, I log in and actually have a lot of stuff to do. (It may have swung a bit hard in the other direction, but it's good)

My mage is pretty much drowning in options. I'm starting to realize that if i spend all my time on WQ, i won't actually be able to progress with suramar rep, farm gold, or even finish the highmountain chain that i never got around to.

Steam
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Warriors just got FUCKED.

Not really. This is how the hotfix should have been implemented to begin with.
    This actually feels like a buff overall, at least in terms of fun. Before any of the nerfs shield slam was generating 15 rage; now we get 5 more, and the 33% max shield reduction doesn't matter a whole lot because in raids/mythic+ you're generally not generating huge shields anyway, but instead popping it as soon as you get a dragonscale proc (if you can even wait that long).

Though it DOES make Revenge even more worthless in comparison...

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options

Add Gremlidin#1734 and i'll see if i can be around tomorrow night. What time zone are you in?

Any other alliance folks in?

EST - When I'm on on Wednesdays, it's usually from 6:30 PM up to 10 PM, depending on how tired the kids made me.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

If you're actively grinding for the latter stuff, you're going to burn yourself out quickly. You don't need to get everything up to speed ASAP unless you're in a top-end raiding guild. Just taking things at your own pace and going for what you need at the time will make things much more enjoyable. (Though I do wish I could get order hall resources more easily on my alts)

That said, they dropped the ball on professions HARD this time around. Everything is either way too hard to get, not worth it, or both. Sad thing is that Warlords had a great profession system in place already. The only problem there is that everything was too easy to get, and removing the garrison would fix that issue.

Edit: Oh, and I would like to see the CoS/Arcway unlocking be made account wide. I don't want to have to grind Nightfallen rep on characters that don't really need it.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular

My mage is pretty much drowning in options. I'm starting to realize that if i spend all my time on WQ, i won't actually be able to progress with suramar rep, farm gold, or even finish the highmountain chain that i never got around to.

I feel this way too.
    I don't do WQs for gear unless it's something I desperately need (even if I need to hope for a *forge proc), like a relic for my offspec. I mostly just stick to the emissary for the day to get that done in ~15-20 mins. Then I cherry-pick WQs for the best reward per time spent.
    If people are online, I'll try to run keystones, but if not, I'll do a heroic if the bag is up, and continue with WQs for rep and order resources.
    It's not possible to do all that during the week, so I have to prioritize pretty heavily.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Ultimately I'd rather be choosing not to do something than not having anything to do

I play with my alts since I cannot do mythics or real raids

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I just don't bother with most WQs. It's nice having the option to go hard, but just picking up the good AP items takes like 10 minutes and is quite easy.

These days I'll even skip emissaries if I just don't feel like caring. The rewards aren't so great and legendaries are a lie anyway.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

RNG feels really bad until it feels really good. Yes, it sucks that Nomi burns your stuff, but when you get that level 3 Seed-Battered Fish plate recipe it feels awesome.

Crafting professions have insane mat costs because Draenor put a lot of gold into the economy. If you're only concerned about gear, sell your gathering stuff and make a ton of money; don't bother using the gear yet. It's going to be continually relevant in terms of normal mode iLVL with each raid that comes out. Right now that's only 850, but that's still nice if you have gold to burn on obliterum and don't want to wait for a drop.

Grinding is gameplay. I'd rather have some grinds than nothing to do like at the end of Draenor.

So all I can say here is that a lot of you guys are lauding D3-esque gameplay. I get it, but I played through a season of D3 before I realized I couldn't stomach the RNG grind because, "I only need 2 more Ancients but it's going to take like a whole damn month to get one because I don't log in for 3 hours every night."

Yes, I'm exaggerating, but I'm still not a fan of RNG-grind.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Oh boy oh boy, it looks like it's finally Withered J'im time for world bosses. Time to drown in people's salt and tears. :D

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh boy oh boy, it looks like it's finally Withered J'im time for world bosses. Time to drown in people's salt and tears. :D

? What's the problem is it super hard or something?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

I mean, his comment made NO sense whatsoever and I actually agree with your original comment, but this follow up post kind of makes no sense either.

You can't complain about grinding. I mean think about it, what else would you be doing in one month? There is ABSOLUTELY nothing an MMO can do to keep people playing without a grind. It has to turn into a slow crawl to keep people around and that simply is just what an MMO is. Especially one still with a monthly payment.

I feel like if you overlook professions there isn't much to hate here. Professions somehow shit the bed by going the complete opposite of WoD from way too simple and accessible to way too obnoxious and limited. Though I think the "usefulness" of what they make is subjective. You never want to make them feel like the best possible option because then they become required over playing the game itself. They are in a good place - they have value for casuals. The only thing I think they fucked up was not having relics available over 815. They should allow you to craft higher relics with oblit since you can't really upgrade them.

I do feel like the senior members of Blizzard's dev team that had moved on to other projects coming back to the aging WoW is showing. There is absolutely a different feel here than there was in the last 2 or 2.5 expansions (you could argue there was a shift in Cata from what I heard when they backtracked on the original difficulty there). In some ways I feel this is actually benefitting the game. But then you have tons of shit like that Class Hall upgrade scenario (which I only knew about because I heard it mentioned in a beta youtube vid) where they seem to think having hidden information is "fun" to discover. It used to be, when gamers were different and didn't mind wasted time. Now people are used to being efficient and this is counter productive to that.

But there is no argument that there is much more to actually do this expansion and honestly that is a good thing. If you don't like the stuff to do, its really not because of the game at this point. MANY people came back to WoW because of a lot of hype, and maybe not because they still like MMOs. It always happens, but you just need to accept that if the stuff you are forced encouraged to log in to do is not fun to you, that the game is no longer fun to you. It should be easy to buy up a few WoW tokens and let your sub lapse and just come back in a big patch or two to experience whatever new shit might actually be enjoyable at that point. Then move on again. Chances are you got a months worth of enjoyment out of this so its not really a loss.

But Legion isn't WoW 2 or anything. It is one of the better expansions out of the gate, but it was never going to make WoW a new game for you.

• Options
    Fuck sakes. WoW Armory app, I hate you so hard. Stop throwing server connection errors when I try to do more than two things without killing the app.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

He has a shield that spawns adds whenever he takes damage. Imagine about 80 people all hitting that at once without any regard for situational awareness.

Assuming the servers survive that many mobs(so far they aren't), you probably won't.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    I don't mind doing world quests, I enjoy them at times, but I hate that I had a 10 day long wait for a garrison ability that's garbage. Every 3 days for 100 resources I can do only a non elite, non warden non whatever other reason world quest instantly. That's garbage.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I don't mind doing world quests, I enjoy them at times, but I hate that I had a 10 day long wait for a garrison ability that's garbage. Every 3 days for 100 resources I can do only a non elite, non warden non whatever other reason world quest instantly. That's garbage.

The best use of that I can think of is to autocomplete pet battle world quests. A lot of the challenges they give you are fucking garbage

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Autocomplete also works for the PvP quests.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    So jim is up and bugged to all hell. I got gear and the quest credit for doing it but didn't count for the achievement and he keeps resetting on subsequent tries.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »

The best use of that I can think of is to autocomplete pet battle world quests. A lot of the challenges they give you are fucking garbage

Does it work on them? I guess I could see that if they had something I wanted. And I agree the pet battles are shit, but that's been a thing forever.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

You know I get that you got screwed, but at this point you could have at least looked up what the rules are.

It only lets you do green quality WQ. Wardens are blue (and I think most PVP are as well) and dungeon quests are usually Purple.

Really that whole tier is shit because while the free bonus roll saves you some gold or resources weekly, its not all that much value either. 2 green WQ a week can be a couple decent artifact power rewards, and even can be a decent gear reward that you might have only went to do in the slim chance it was titanforged. Now it wont feel like a big a waste of time if you just force complete it and it doesn't upgrade.

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    So jim is up and bugged to all hell. I got gear and the quest credit for doing it but didn't count for the achievement and he keeps resetting on subsequent tries.

I saw a group almost kill him and then he targeted someone dpsing from outside the cave and he reset. He really hates leaving the cave.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Adellios wrote: »

I saw a group almost kill him and then he targeted someone dpsing from outside the cave and he reset. He really hates leaving the cave.

That may be whats going on , kinda hard to see what happening . Im just annoyed that I got kill credit for everything minus the thing I care about.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Kai_San wrote: »

You know I get that you got screwed, but at this point you could have at least looked up what the rules are.

It only lets you do green quality WQ. Wardens are blue (and I think most PVP are as well) and dungeon quests are usually Purple.

Really that whole tier is shit because while the free bonus roll saves you some gold or resources weekly, its not all that much value either. 2 green WQ a week can be a couple decent artifact power rewards, and even can be a decent gear reward that you might have only went to do in the slim chance it was titanforged. Now it wont feel like a big a waste of time if you just force complete it and it doesn't upgrade.

Shouldn't the rules be in the description of the ability? That's my complaint, its explained no where when making the selection and fuck the idea I should have to go to outside sites for that to be explained.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular

That may be whats going on , kinda hard to see what happening . Im just annoyed that I got kill credit for everything minus the thing I care about.

Which one? The Unleashed Monstrosities achievement? He doesn't count for that one.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

He has a shield that spawns adds whenever he takes damage. Imagine about 80 people all hitting that at once without any regard for situational awareness.

Assuming the servers survive that many mobs(so far they aren't), you probably won't.

Also if you pull him out of the cave he respawns so try dealing with 3+

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    okay, so My guild is alliance on Hyjal. We have about 6 full time players. We run a mythic or two a day. Anyways, we're enjoying normal raids. We usually pug the last few spots. We're not going to be pushing heroic raids as we are all old with kids. Right now we raid 9est-12est wednesdays and likely the same on sundays, but that day is more negotiable.

So if you like dirty jokes and want to see content, send me a friend request. Holyground#1665. If you want to run alliance side mythic keystones, let me know, too.

• Options

Which one? The Unleashed Monstrosities achievement? He doesn't count for that one.

Sir. Thank you for saving me anguish and frustration. You are a noble soul and a light in the darkness that will be sung about for generations.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    okay, so My guild is alliance on Hyjal. We have about 6 full time players. We run a mythic or two a day. Anyways, we're enjoying normal raids. We usually pug the last few spots. We're not going to be pushing heroic raids as we are all old with kids. Right now we raid 9est-12est wednesdays and likely the same on sundays, but that day is more negotiable.

So if you like dirty jokes and want to see content, send me a friend request. Holyground#1665. If you want to run alliance side mythic keystones, let me know, too.

I'll send you a message, but I'd be down. I'm an ilvl 842 boomkin/845 restoration druid, been looking for people to run mythics and normal or heroic EN with.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Jim killed me, but was in a raid with guildmates and he dropped that sweet, sweet 860 crit ring. So that was cool.

And hell yeah, I finished farming for White Tiger Heroic! My Tauren Paladin looks cool:
    m4nv4nmm8xen.jpg

Want Highmountain tabard for it, guess that is waiting until exalted. And there's the actual artifact appereance instead of mogging over it. Maybe the PvP Holy mace.

This discussion has been closed.