As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    2 unsubstantiated votes from people I've stated I'm suspicious of

Your suspicious list was literally half of the players in the game. How shocking that anyone who might be inclined to vote for you could also be on it.

Nope.
    But they should provide some reasons for voting me, as otherwise I'm inclined to believe I'm on the right track

• Options
    The up to date list by the way.

Brody - Village fatigue inactivity?
    Gizzy -- withdrawn now MrT
    Auralynx
    ObiFett - argues like village Obi
    AustinP0027 - claimed vig
    MamaWolf
    Raiden333
    Preda -- withdrawn now Burnage
    Moridin889 - corv pair
    kime -- is on here because I had no reason for which to clear him. Seems helpful though

• Options
    So.
    We haven't heard anything about any more puppetry going on.
    Perhaps that is the source of our third kill last night.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    @discrider Question about your dream messages: From corv's message it sounds like they are coming across as "l337 5p34k". Is that how you are sending the messages or are they getting jumbled along the way?

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I think we will learn more from MagicPrime dying than the other choices.

Really hope my power actually does something.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    and fwiw, there is more to that Magicprime vote than meets the eye

You should probably share, then?

Its time sensitive. So I will share tomorrow.

Today tomorrow or game-day tomorrow?

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    @discrider Question about your dream messages: From corv's message it sounds like they are coming across as "l337 5p34k". Is that how you are sending the messages or are they getting jumbled along the way?

I have 100 characters.
    So I tried to convey the same meaning in less text.
    The message Moridin and Corvidae got sounds precisely like the one I sent.
    Wasn't l337 speak though; the only numbers in there were 100 for the number of characters I had and the day number.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    corvidae wrote: »
    @corvidae Did your strange dream say the same thing?

No. It was a bunch of letters, numbers, and punctuation that made perfect rational sense. It might even seem to a totally legible and understandable message.

I have 100 characters.
    So I tried to convey the same meaning in less text.
    The message Moridin and Corvidae got sounds precisely like the one I sent.
    Wasn't l337 speak though; the only numbers in there were 100 for the number of characters I had and the day number.

That makes it sound like your message is coming thru garbled but "legible". Maybe that means you're insane (and thus 38th's readings are backwards and therefor also insane)?

Anyone else alive who can confirm if disc's dreams are coming thru "as sent" or altered?

JPants on
  • Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.
    I've been sending messages to people with specific code words in quotes and all caps.
    If you're actually Corv's lover she should have shared at least one of the two I sent her with you via your lover PMs.

Please state one of the two keywords in my prior message, or some other confirmation that corv relayed parts of my message to you privately.

In quotes and caps? There's lots of things in quotes. Your messages apparently aren't terribly clear, or are getting scrambled

Called her being a lover a fraud, talked about "Sane"-ness didn't spell dead correctly when talking about GG. "MAF"

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

I don't have exact text, and she mentioned that it was awful to parse and piece together.
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.
    I've been sending messages to people with specific code words in quotes and all caps.
    If you're actually Corv's lover she should have shared at least one of the two I sent her with you via your lover PMs.

Please state one of the two keywords in my prior message, or some other confirmation that corv relayed parts of my message to you privately.

In quotes and caps? There's lots of things in quotes. Your messages apparently aren't terribly clear, or are getting scrambled

Called her being a lover a fraud, talked about "Sane"-ness didn't spell dead correctly when talking about GG. "MAF"

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

I don't have exact text, and she mentioned that it was awful to parse and piece together.

That is an unfortunate but accurate reading of my post.
    FRAUD was actually meant to be her keyword.
    I also thought GG was mafia if he didn't die that night.
    Only thing that was interpreted correctly was Good luck. It was meant to be good luck high five.

So yea.
    You were her lover.

I'm not sure what there is left to prove JPants.
    This is a left to right reading of my message.
    This response is structured in the same way as my message was, and it refers to the text of the message accurately as well.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Wasn't the idea that insane meant people who thought they had a power but didn't?

Doesn't seem like that's the case with disc. His power is proven to do something, and it's dream sending that doesn't seem to have any other affect (that we're aware of). Whether it works perfectly or not may mean sane/insane, but not sure it changes his village/mafia status.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wasn't the idea that insane meant people who thought they had a power but didn't?

GG said that but my clarifications said not always so YMMV I guess.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Why is someone able to send messages to our dreams, and we aren't burning them at the stake? This is a witch hunt, right?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

Only thing that was interpreted correctly was Good luck. It was meant to be good luck high five.

So yea.
    You were her lover.

This response is structured in the same way as my message was, and it refers to the text of the message accurately as well.

I'm not saying the content is getting changed, but the format (for lack of a better word) is. Or rather I'm positing that this might be the case and trying to prove or disprove.

So, for example, you send
    I am the walruss, Fry is mafia
    and it's being received as
    1 4m 7h3 w4lru55, fry 15 m4f14

If that's the case, then it seems pretty safe to say you're insane, and now we know if 38th's results are accurate or not (not, in this case).

Corv's comment about letters numbers and punctuation making totally legible text, plus Moridin's comment about yoru message "being awful to parse", plus you sending the message in 'clear text" makes it sound like it's getting translated before delivery. Not enough to change the content of the message, but definitely changed. To me that would imply you're nuts.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Why is someone able to send messages to our dreams, and we aren't burning them at the stake? This is a witch hunt, right?

Some people have said that their roles tell them when evil-sounding things die, not all of which have been "witch". So the mafia are probably not just "evil magic-y people," and so the village may have something magic-y as well?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Maybe I'm reading too much into corv's comment. Can't ask them cause they're dead. That's why i asked if anyone else can confirm (or reject) the idea that the dreams are being received differently than they are sent

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So if it's not a "power vs. thinking you have a power" definition, what do we think insane vs sane means?

I'm just wondering how much it's worth it to follow this trail deep if in the end it's fluff.

If it's an indicator of mafia, sure, ok, let's figure it out. But if it just means the message isn't always readable, I'm not sure how much we care at the moment.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    It is *not* an indication of mafia.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    So if it's not a "power vs. thinking you have a power" definition, what do we think insane vs sane means?

I'm just wondering how much it's worth it to follow this trail deep if in the end it's fluff.

If it's an indicator of mafia, sure, ok, let's figure it out. But if it just means the message isn't always readable, I'm not sure how much we care at the moment.

"Power vs similar, but slightly different/corrupted power" was my impression.

Steam profile
  • Options

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

So yea.
    You were her lover.

I'm not saying the content is getting changed, but the format (for lack of a better word) is. Or rather I'm positing that this might be the case and trying to prove or disprove.

If that's the case, then it seems pretty safe to say you're insane, and now we know if 38th's results are accurate or not (not, in this case).

Corv's comment about letters numbers and punctuation making totally legible text, plus Moridin's comment about yoru message "being awful to parse", plus you sending the message in 'clear text" makes it sound like it's getting translated before delivery. Not enough to change the content of the message, but definitely changed. To me that would imply you're nuts.

When did I say I sent it in clear text?
    I just did not send it in leet speak.
    Corv's comment is still completely accurate on the original text of the message too.

• Options

38th said the power may not work as indicated if you're insane. Here's why i think it matters:

JFP says that no mafia have died out of the first 6 people are mafia, then boom, we've got info. What if JFP is insane? His power results mean something else entirely (maybe it checks to see if anyone dead is insane? Or the SK? or just gives RNG results? If we're going to base things off of JFP's info we need to know if he's sane or not. How do we know he's sane? Have a sanity checker target him! Well we had 2 (claimed) sanity checkers who both gave different results for chamberlain. Ok, so one is probably insane and giving opposite (or RNG) results! How can we tell if the living sanity checker results are trustworthy? We have to have them check someone we have reason to suspect is insane (because of a power not working properly... .like messages getting changed/jumbled/etc) and see what their results are.

38th already targeted Disc and says he's sane. If we have evidence/proof that disc's messages are not coming thru unscathed, that points to him actually being insane, which implies 38th's is Insane, which means we can then have 38th check out JFP and reverse the results to know if JFP is sane (and then from there if we can trust JFP's results).

It's a Rube Goldberg machine of powers but I can't really see too much else helpful out of what people have revealed.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    and fwiw, there is more to that Magicprime vote than meets the eye

You should probably share, then?

Its time sensitive. So I will share tomorrow.

Today tomorrow or game-day tomorrow?

The more than meets the eye part was that I wanted to see how people reacted to voting for him and watch those who chose to stay off the wagon and why.

Its an interesting vote because the mafia would not want to be on the wagon since it has a chance of killing them. In fact, this is probably the one wagon we can guarantee that the entire mafia would not jump on. We can specifically look at this wagon and glean some really good information.

I obviously couldn't say that yesterday because then I'd be poisoning the well, hence it being time sensitive. And discrider pushing me to explain my reasoning only poisoned the well even more since I had to give my reasoning for why I thought MP is more likely to be anti-village over village. I didn't want to have to convince people to have to vote for him, I wanted to see how the conversation happened organically, since it would give me better insight into which people had flimsy reasons for avoiding the wagon. But even if he's village then voting for him gives us some solid information through the discussion and voting record. If he's mafia or SK, then we kill an anti-village role.

• Options

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

So yea.
    You were her lover.

When did I say I sent it in clear text?
    I just did not send it in leet speak.
    Corv's comment is still completely accurate on the original text of the message too.

My bad on reading comprehension I guess? The way you describe the message and the way Corv did seem in conflict to me. But likewise, if we can prove thru someone living that the message went thru unscathed we can assume you ARE sane (because your power worked as advertised and the whole thing is STILL worthwhile cause then we know 38th IS SANE and his results can be trusted (which means chamberlain is insane and his power does something else/nothing).

Thus my asking if anyone else can confirm the message has or hasn't been changed.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Okay.
    Well at least now I don't have to wonder how you had time sensitive information with no extra information available to you.
    Obifett wrote:
    There is no chance to gain knowledge here from behind the scenes and it turns out my power might not even work!

And if it's any consolation, I was going to claim to be vigging MP last night up until Corv revealed me.
    Figured that the mafia would kill me if I was 'shooting' a mafia and wouldn't kill me if I wasn't.

discrider on
  • Options
    And just for extra clarification, yes my message got through and I've seen no disagreement between what Corv and Moridin have both relayed and it.
    But without decrypting the message, which would involve the original text of the PM which we're not allowed to quote here, there is not much more that can be done to prove they were precisely the same.

• Options
    Or even, I'd prefer it if the people who receive my messages not reveal themselves in thread, until the information that you received one becomes necessary to share.
    That way the mafia can't work around it and may mis-step.

• Options
    Makes sense. It was the "awful to parse" part that got me thinking along the lines of your original message having been translated and the sanity implications of that.

It looks like 38th's results (for you at least) are confirmed true then which would imply that Chamberlain is insane.

If that's the case it might be worthwhile to pass the amulet from chamberlain to someone like JFP or Austin.

• Options
    Personally, I doubt JFP's claim that no scum have died because the puppetry ability appears to have vanished the day an extra kill appeared.
    Makes me think Green had that ability and, as it was used on the amulet holder, that it was a mafia ability.
    I'd feel safer with the amulet on the called vig/seer.

• Options
    What do you mean the puppetry ability appears to have vanished? Did chamberlain say he was no longer under it's effect? Or talking about a different ability?

• Options
    Personally, I doubt JFP's claim that no scum have died because the puppetry ability appears to have vanished the day an extra kill appeared.
    Makes me think Green had that ability and, as it was used on the amulet holder, that it was a mafia ability.

1) You have both JFP and Austin (our conditional vig) saying that no mafia have died. You doubt both?

2) I agree. The amulet should be passed to Austin

Steam profile
  • Options
    What do you mean the puppetry ability appears to have vanished? Did chamberlain say he was no longer under it's effect? Or talking about a different ability?

No-one has said anything about it today, even though I've asked about it :(

So I can only assume it either died last night or it wasn't targeted I guess.

• Options

1) You have both JFP and Austin (our conditional vig) saying that no mafia have died. You doubt both?

JFP said none of the first 6 are mafia. Austin said none of the first 3. Green was in the second three so JFP could be wrong without Austin being wrong.

• Options

JFP said none of the first 6 are mafia. Austin said none of the first 3. Green was in the second three so JFP could be wrong without Austin being wrong.

I thought Austin's whole thing was "I can kill if no mafia died in the last two days"? And we're on day 3...

Steam profile
  • Options
    The puppetry ability could also be village aligned, but based on the targets of chamberlain and my guess at Corv it doesn't seem likely to me.

• Options

I thought Austin's whole thing was "I can kill if no mafia died in the last two days"? And we're on day 3...

Targetting of his vig occurs before the night results are known.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    The puppetry ability could also be village aligned, but based on the targets of chamberlain and my guess at Corv it doesn't seem likely to me.

I need a spreadsheet. I'm losing track of everything...

But it may not fire unless no mafia die that night, yeah?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options

His ability is available at night, if no mafia died in the past 2 days. So Night 2, when there were no mafia deaths D1, N1, D2, his ability activated. The only deaths for D1, N1, D2 were Kilnaga, Cyth, and WA criminal. His ability checks at the beginning of the night.

JFP claims his ability checks/fires on Odd Days so at the top of Day 3, there were 6 people dead (same 3 austin checked plus the 3 that died N2) and then he gets his results.

• Options

His ability is available at night, if no mafia died in the past 2 days. So Night 2, when there were no mafia deaths D1, N1, D2, his ability activated. The only deaths for D1, N1, D2 were Kilnaga, Cyth, and WA criminal. His ability checks at the beginning of the night.

JFP claims his ability checks/fires on Odd Days so at the top of Day 3, there were 6 people dead (same 3 austin checked plus the 3 that died N2) and then he gets his results.

This whole Day/Night thing is messing with me.

OK, whatever, I trust you all :P.

So we have Austin who says no one died in D1, N1, D2, and that he killed... someone, Green? on N2. And he can only shoot again on N....4?

Then we have J4P saying no mafia died in D1, N1, D2, N2.

Is that right?

Steam profile
  • Options

It'd be pretty lame if he shot a mafia and so his target died which meant he couldn't shhot so his target lived so he shoots his target.... :rotate:

• Options

All night time kill abilities fire simultaneously I'm pretty sure. Otherwise if he killed a mafia you're suggesting that would then turn off his ability (cause a mafia would die that night) which then means he didn't kill the mafiaPARADOX

• Options
    edited October 2016

This whole Day/Night thing is messing with me.

OK, whatever, I trust you all :P.

So we have Austin who says no one died in D1, N1, D2, and that he killed... someone, Green? on N2. And he can only shoot again on N....4?

Then we have J4P saying no mafia died in D1, N1, D2, N2.

Is that right?

I'm not clear with @AustinP0027 if he could then fire again N3 assuming STILL no mafia deaths.... or if it has a 2 day recharge as well. That was unclear.

Otherwise yes, your summary looks right.

JPants on