Options

Access Hollywood presents: The [2016 Presidential Election] Shitshow Spectacular!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    There's a (probably bullshit) bit of local folklore that back in the late 70s or early 80s some Spokane politician was complaining about how the airmen at Fairchild were causin wll sorts of problems and maybe the city would be better of finding if the airbase got (whatever the official term is for closing a base).

As the story goes, the base commander ordered up many thousands of dollars worth of $2 bills, and that's what they paid the airmen for one pay period. Flooding the local economy with $2 bills.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Trump just told a crowd to vote on November 28th. Shhhhhh, no one tell them.

Crayon on
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Speaking of Giuliani, apparently he was the one who gave the morons speech.

It really is something.

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I almost feel sorry for Conway. With any other candidate, she might have won. Now she's done. Who's gonna hire her on the national stage anymore? And her kids will need a lot of therapy because their mom stood.by a monster.
    Republicans.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I almost feel sorry for Conway. With any other candidate, she might have won. Now she's done. Who's gonna hire her on the national stage anymore? And her kids will need a lot of therapy because their mom stood.by a monster.

Are you kidding?

She's going to bounce back from this just fine.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Watching Obama stump for HIllary today. The difference in the way Obama deals with hecklers and Trump deals with them is fucking amazing. It's unreal how different they are.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    They've always made two dollar bills.

Well, not always. But it's been in print since 1976. It's just not printed near as much as the other denominations or as widely circulated.

It was in print since 1924 minus a ten year stretch.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Work had Fox on all day. This bit with one of the Home Depot founders was pretty good. Phone posting so this might not work.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5165814015001/ken-langone-the-american-people-are-fed-up-and-disgusted/?#sp=show-clips

Overall a good interview. His gist is that the movement for Trump (and to a lesser extent Bernie) indicates a lot of people deeply unhappy with the status quo and if the next President doesn't address that unhappiness they'll only be in for one term. Highlights include
    Langone calling the election for Clinton, Cavuto expressing surprise, Langone replying with "look at the numbers! She's 11 points ahead" and Cavuto quickly moving on. Sadly they cut it right before Langone calls for Clinton to raise his taxes "to see if it works, because we haven't tried it before". Cavuto freaked out and argued that raising taxes wouldn't bring in enough money. Langone replied with "that's their problem. I'm just the guy paying taxes" and then went on to call for bringing all the money back from offshore bank accounts. He said that they always paid over minimum wage at Home Depot and said that you get what you pay for.
    Not that bad for a billionaire.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Well, not always. But it's been in print since 1976. It's just not printed near as much as the other denominations or as widely circulated.

It was in print since 1924 minus a ten year stretch.

So...not always?

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    phone banked tonight

talked to a republican woman voting for Hillary and Catherine Cortes Masto

yaaaaaaaaaas

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Here in Canada we have twoonies, $2 coins that feature the Queen, with a bear behind. It's our second best coin, after the nickel.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular

Are you kidding?

Is she? Trump's campaign may have floundered before her, but this final implosion has happened under her watch. It's clearly not her fault, but you're only as good as your last job right? And her name will be forever tainted with his orange cheeto color.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    also one woman responded to me with "are you fucking kidding me? I'm not voting for that LIAR!"

lol she was talking about HRC :rotate:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Work had Fox on all day. This bit with one of the Home Depot founders was pretty good. Phone posting so this might not work.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5165814015001/ken-langone-the-american-people-are-fed-up-and-disgusted/?#sp=show-clips

Overall a good interview. His gist is that the movement for Trump (and to a lesser extent Bernie) indicates a lot of people deeply unhappy with the status quo and if the next President doesn't address that unhappiness they'll only be in for one term. Highlights include
    Langone calling the election for Clinton, Cavuto expressing surprise, Langone replying with "look at the numbers! She's 11 points ahead" and Cavuto quickly moving on. Sadly they cut it right before Langone calls for Clinton to raise his taxes "to see if it works, because we haven't tried it before". Cavuto freaked out and argued that raising taxes wouldn't bring in enough money. Langone replied with "that's their problem. I'm just the guy paying taxes" and then went on to call for bringing all the money back from offshore bank accounts. He said that they always paid over minimum wage at Home Depot and said that you get what you pay for.

I think the American people are fed up, but the republican party has grossly misdiagnosed what the majority of Americans are fed up with, and what we want done about it. They try and frame us as lunatics for wanting a fair and balanced economy where everyone, from the bottom to the top, can prosper. I don't begrudge billionaires their money, I begrudge them for rigging the system to allow themselves to take bread off the table of the American people. It's the base greed of the system Americans are fed up with. I think if anything Trump's candadicy has laid bare exactly what the majority of Americans are fed up with. A system that at all levels is rigged for the good of the few, at the expense of the many. And I mean that in all it's connotations, from money, to criminal justice, et al.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Here in Canada we have twoonies, $2 coins that feature the Queen, with a bear behind. It's our second best coin, after the nickel.

totally read that as bare behind

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Are you kidding?

Is she? Trump's campaign may have floundered before her, but this final implosion has happened under her watch. It's clearly not her fault, but you're only as good as your last job right? And her name will be forever tainted with his orange cheeto color.

In the world of political strategy, people actually pay attention to this.

Conway will get a job somewhere else. There is a reason Mark Penn can still fuck right off.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Conway has done well and she's loyal. No one could stop this and anyone close to it will be as aware as we are. this asshole listens to nobody.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Seal wrote: »
    Republicans.

Seriously. Sticking with Trump as long as the checks clear proves she's a true mercenary. She will fight any battle, play any role, and say any words you give her, and she has no personality of her own to interfere with it, just as long as you pay her price.

The only thing that will kill her is going off message and getting on Trump's bad side, and that might actually be something else that can be played to benefit by her next employer.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

Absolutely pictured a coin in my head of Liz's profile on the front and old lady butt on the back

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I guess some people didn't like that Eichenwald story about Trump's campaign and Russia

you know I think before this year I might have had some modicum of uninformed good will towards wikileaks

they've certainly erased that quickly and forever

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

The guy who owned my local comic store as a kid would always get as many as the bank had to give out as change

When I worked at Harbor Freight there was a well hated customer who would routinely make purchases on the order of $20-50 with a stack of $2 bills, and then laugh as the cashier can't figure out where in the till to stick them all.

$2 bills are for assholes.

You just described my younger brother. He's always had a fascination for $2 bills. Gets them all the time from banks and will spend them everywhere.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

Absolutely pictured a coin in my head of Liz's profile on the front and old lady butt on the back

i was thinking like the coppertone girl with the dog but it's a corgi

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    So this video was posted earlier of Scott Baio defending Donald Trump's sexual assault talk:

And then I remembered that Scott Baio was once in a movie where he gets telekinetic powers and uses it to force women to strip against their will.

Fuck off, Scott Baio.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

I had a friend get the cops called on him - I think it was last year - for trying to use a two dollar bill because the clerk had no idea they were actually a thing.

I'm not even American and I know they're a thing. That said, I did do several years of retail over there so I've had a few pass through my hands. It does surprise me that they're so rare given that they are legal tender, though.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I guess some people didn't like that Eichenwald story about Trump's campaign and Russia

you know I think before this year I might have had some modicum of uninformed good will towards wikileaks

Yeah I was under the impression that they just collected and released documents without regard to who they helped or harmed, which I wasn't terribly fond of because information asymmetry is crucial to negotiations. But now it's obvious they're not a neutral observer.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Are they criticizing Hillary's poll numbers in the context of "With all of Trump's shit, this is the best she can do?"

I might actually agree with them on that.

• Options
    They've never been a neutral observer.
    They labeled that one video "collateral murder"
    They edit and cherry pick what to release all the time.
    They've been caught holding back information they had because it would make Russia look bad.

• Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Off-topic re: cash.
    I'm honestly surprised $2 bills haven't made something of a comeback, given how many things there are these days that cost a little over a dollar. Vending machines in particular.

I guess they're probably a pain to keep up with in cash registers, and they don't have a heavy circulation, but unless you're buying drugs, cash is most useful for stuff that costs less than $20. You can barely get rid of a $100 bill anymore, a lot of places won't even take them.

Duffel on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Are they criticizing Hillary's poll numbers in the context of "With all of Trump's shit, this is the best she can do?"

I might actually agree with them on that.

can't change crazy

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular

He's a complete hypocrite though. Dumps on Bill Clinton for his failings and perverseness, then says he will vote for Trump who is demonstrably as bad or worse (he even says that Trump's video is disgusting - so why is he voting for him?).

• Options

Are you kidding?

The GOP has always had a history of choosing walking disasters as long as they had the right charisma, and in particular case, the disaster isn't even Conway's fault. Blaming her for the Trump campaign would be like blaming 9/11 emergencies workers for not rescuing enough victims. She's done a far better job of salvaging what she's had to work with than anyone else in the industry could have done.

Also, she's a really intelligent woman, at a time when Republicans really need to reach out to woman voters.

• Options
    DunderDunder Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

Yeah I was under the impression that they just collected and released documents without regard to who they helped or harmed, which I wasn't terribly fond of because information asymmetry is crucial to negotiations. But now it's obvious they're not a neutral observer.

Wikileaks has been known as a Russian outlet for years. Basically since assange refused to own up to raping women, instead making conspiracies of the CIA controlling all western governments.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

The "founding documents"* from Assange propose that the republicans and democratic parties are conspiracies against the American people and that they will be destroyed by the targeted release of documents for the purpose of setting America free.

Wikileaks has never been neutral, though it might not be right to call them partisan.

*by which I mean Assanges published papers

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Hevach wrote: »
    Seal wrote: »
    Republicans.

Seriously. Sticking with Trump as long as the checks clear proves she's a true mercenary. She will fight any battle, play any role, and say any words you give her, and she has no personality of her own to interfere with it, just as long as you pay her price.

The only thing that will kill her is going off message and getting on Trump's bad side, and that might actually be something else that can be played to benefit by her next employer.

But she's been in the national spotlight now. Soon, Hillary will destroy Trump, probably with a wider margin than the polls predict, and the GOP will fall over themselves to denounce him.

I don't expect Conway to become unemployed. But this has been the high point of her career, and it almost seems like a shame.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm concerned that trump's goal now is just to torpedo voter turnout, and the clinton campaign is concerned with it too so I must not be paranoid

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Law & Order: SVU planning a Donald Trump-themed episode

Probably inevitable.

Edit: fuuuuck. I realize that I am now completely numb to this. It should not be normal that a presidential nominee is the basis of a Law&Order SVU plot!

Captain Ultra on
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm concerned that trump's goal now is just to torpedo voter turnout, and the clinton campaign is concerned with it too so I must not be paranoid

GOTV is always a Democratic Party priority

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Trump going after Paul Ryan

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/300523-trump-i-dont-want-ryans-support
    Donald Trump on Tuesday blasted Speaker Paul Ryan in an interview with "The O'Reilly Factor," stating that he no longer wants the Wisconsin Republican's support.

When asked if he thinks establishment Republicans, including Ryan, will support him as president if he’s elected, Trump said yes while speculating about the speaker's future.

“They’ll be there. I would think that Ryan maybe wouldn’t be there, maybe he’ll be in a different position."
    Circling the wagons and firing inward, indeed.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

One of these campaigns is fielding a superb GOTV ground game, while the other has no ground game at all. If voter turnout is Trump's weapon, I'd say... well I don't even know what to say to that.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options

Yeah it worries me as well, but I think it may backfire. I think the more he acts like a buffoon over the next month the more likely people are to turn out to defeat him. I think we're already at a point where the political apathy on the center and left is quickly fading away in light of the reality of what a Trump presidency would look like.

This discussion has been closed.