Options

Access Hollywood presents: The [2016 Presidential Election] Shitshow Spectacular!

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Also, Conway has proven herself to be the only qualified campaign manager on the Republican site. I don't know why you people are worried about her career after Trump. She is probably the only person associate with the Trump campaign who will still have a career after November 8th. Republicans are going to be fighting each other to sign her up on their teams.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I guess some people didn't like that Eichenwald story about Trump's campaign and Russia

you know I think before this year I might have had some modicum of uninformed good will towards wikileaks

they've certainly erased that quickly and forever

Wikileaks is one of those occasions where people fall in love with the idea of the agency, rather than the agency itself. Same deal goes with third party candidates.

Also, it's kind of interesting how Trump is trying so hard to deflect accusations of sexual assault by pointing everyone to the website of a known rapist.

Wait, is Glenn Greenwald part of crazy town Russia shills too? Aw. I kinda liked him.

Man, the next time I watch The Fifth Estate, its gonna be weird.

I like that movie.

Well, liked. I guess we'll see if it stays present tense.

Maybe Daniel Domscheit-Berg was right all along!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    How does he have no ground game? Surely there are people in his campaign who have run a campaign before? Surely God Emperor Trump cannot have decreed to his camp that "there shall be no ground game" and all have meekly obeyed? Surely he can't micromanage it all to that degree?

I mean... how? Seriously?

Not that I'm sad about it, mind.

Ground game costs money. Despite being a billionaire, Trump has been very.. "frugal" with his campaign spending.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    And then I remembered that Scott Baio was once in a movie where he gets telekinetic powers and uses it to force women to strip against their will.

So Patrick Stewart finally sold his script, eh?

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    Law & Order: SVU planning a Donald Trump-themed episode

Probably inevitable.

Edit: fuuuuck. I realize that I am now completely numb to this. It should not be normal that a presidential nominee is the basis of a Law&Order SVU plot!
    “Unstoppable” will air on Wednesday, October 26, less than two weeks before the presidential election.

An episode of a popular tv show being rush-written based on Donald Trump's most major scandal (to date), to air less than two weeks before the election, on a Trump-friendly network.

I wonder how this will go...

NBC was pressured to fire Billy Bush just for egging Trump on.

So I imagine the most likely scenario is that they have an ambiguous ending on whether or not the guy is guilty, and whether or no he'll get off.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Unsure, but if he isn't he certainly is useful. I think it's more likely he is anti-establishment stupid

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Poor Keith...I think he may have almost had an aneurysm there.

That's his real problem. He is always in righteous fury mode.

It's great when there is a great injustice that needs to be reported on, but wears thin the rest of the time.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Also, Conway has proven herself to be the only qualified campaign manager on the Republican site. I don't know why you people are worried about her career after Trump. She is probably the only person associate with the Trump campaign who will still have a career after November 8th. Republicans are going to be fighting each other to sign her up on their teams.

People should be worried of her, not worried for her.

Imagine if Mitt Romney or John McCain had her on their side.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    How does he have no ground game? Surely there are people in his campaign who have run a campaign before? Surely God Emperor Trump cannot have decreed to his camp that "there shall be no ground game" and all have meekly obeyed? Surely he can't micromanage it all to that degree?

Ground game costs money. Despite being a billionaire, Trump has been very.. "frugal" with his campaign spending.

All these explanations are "him". But that's what I was getting at. The campaign is not one guy. Not everyone on the campaign is a rookie, nor are they all in it for the grift. Trump himself cannot micromanage every aspect of it. That's what I really don't get.

The post-mortem on the Trump campaign is going to be amazing reading.

• Options

Campaign workers aren't grift so yea he is definitely light on it. I am guessing that the campaign is spending what it can on the ground game but

1) most of their fundraising knowledge is direct mail. (Time to link that baffled article again) and this makes traditional ground game harder to do.

2) all spending is secondary to planned events(which are all grift for Trump) and there is only so much left after that for other things.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Hillary's data science team is sophisticated enough that they might give two different neighbors who live next door to each other completely different sales pitches based on their preferences.

Donald Trump's data science team thinks that online internet polls are more valid than random sampling.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I guess some people didn't like that Eichenwald story about Trump's campaign and Russia

you know I think before this year I might have had some modicum of uninformed good will towards wikileaks

Wikileaks is one of those occasions where people fall in love with the idea of the agency, rather than the agency itself. Same deal goes with third party candidates.

Also, it's kind of interesting how Trump is trying so hard to deflect accusations of sexual assault by pointing everyone to the website of a known rapist.

Wait, is Glenn Greenwald part of crazy town Russia shills too? Aw. I kinda liked him.

Sort of. He's anti-"American establishment", dislikes both sides, and so on. This naturally does align him with non-American interests.

He's one of the reasons I sometimes hate listening to Pacifica radio out here in Cali because he's on not-infrequently and some of the positions he takes are just ugh to me.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

My brain hurts trying to process this.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    how do we convince people the slow moving glacier of progress is better than melting it all down and fucking everyone?

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Hillary's data science team is sophisticated enough that they might give two different neighbors who live next door to each other completely different sales pitches based on their preferences.

Donald Trump's data science team thinks that online internet polls are more valid than random sampling.

Or more accurately his data science team knows better but he doesn't want to hear it. He know's polls. The best polls.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

Yeah I was under the impression that they just collected and released documents without regard to who they helped or harmed, which I wasn't terribly fond of because information asymmetry is crucial to negotiations. But now it's obvious they're not a neutral observer.

It can be tough to remember but Colbert of all people busted this myth like 6 years ago when they first made it big with their "Collateral Murder" video. He got Assange to admit in the interview that they had edited and released the video to achieve a specific political agenda. Haven't trusted them since. The information they give out is by their own admission neither complete nor neutral.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Sort of. He's anti-"American establishment", dislikes both sides, and so on. This naturally does align him with non-American interests.

He's one of the reasons I sometimes hate listening to Pacifica radio out here in Cali because he's on not-infrequently and some of the positions he takes are just ugh to me.

He's also another guy fond of selective editing to make a point, doesn't mind cozying up to Russian propaganda sources to get his anti-american-government on and is just generally a moron imo.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Read an interview with him lately, and he definitely tries to cling to this, "Well, I don't approve of everything they do, but I still think they're a net benefit to the world," thing that really really reminds me of someone who just wants to believe in something but for whom it's starting to slip away.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Well absentee ballot out. +1 for Hillary and the democrat running against David Brat. Only another month of this madness. I'm hoping Trump drags down a ton of republicans. Maybe we'll have the option to nuke CU and some of the other crap that has gotten us to this point that is structural (the social and cultural problems are a whole another issue).

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Random aside - 2 dollar bills have a stigma in much of the country, because in many towns, strip clubs give them as change for multiple reasons. First, the girls get paid more. Secondly, guys view them as play money and are even more likely to spend. Thirdly, they don't change them BACK, so there's a stigma associated with using them elsewhere, because others in the town assume you got them at the strip club.

http://www.utne.com/politics/the-two-dollar-dance

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Random aside - 2 dollar bills have a stigma in much of the country, because in many towns, strip clubs give them as change for multiple reasons. First, the girls get paid more. Secondly, guys view them as play money and are even more likely to spend. Thirdly, they don't change them BACK, so there's a stigma associated with using them elsewhere, because others in the town assume you got them at the strip club.

http://www.utne.com/politics/the-two-dollar-dance

Also horse tracks/OTB.

• Options
    This is probably how the RNC feels right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbxqjDht8S4

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Every time Huckabee speaks, he gets dumber.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I can't imagine too many people are lining up to hire the first-time campaign manager who helped shepherd the shittiest campaign in history in its final throes

Ollie North got a job at Fox, so anythings possible.

Especially if she publishes a tell-all about running his campaign.

Oooo maybe that's why she's staying in...

Ollie North should be President just so the original Dark Future novels are proved prescient.*

It was never quite the same in the reissues when the Prez was changed to Emilio Estevez. Although, now I think about it, I don't recall if the reissues predated The West Wing...
    * - yes, I know he should be rotting in jail.

That reminds me

http://comicsbulletin.com/bi-partisan-review-liberality-all/
    The story is also deeply flawed. Mike Mackey is more concerned with demonizing liberals and lionizing the Fox News cast than with creating an actual story. Mackey looks at an alternate future where Al Gore was elected President in 2000.

Check that: An alternate future where Gore was elected AND allowed to take his rightful office in 2000!

Gore leads a “radical liberal movement” that bans conservatives from the airwaves, merges the US military with UN peacekeepers, and slowly surrenders more authority to the UN and its Secretary General Jacques Chirac. By 2021, America is a shadow of its former self. Some citizens rebel against the new administration, now led by President Chelsea Clinton and Vice-President Michael Moore. Chief among them is F.O.I.L., the Freedom of Information League. Sean Hannity, G. Gordon Liddy, and Oliver North work out of an abandoned underwater base, using nanotech-enhanced bodies to continue the fight against the terrorists liberals have not fought. Now they have a chance to kill Osama Bin Laden, the ambassador from Afghanistan. Bin Laden is delivering a speech before the UN on the 20th anniversary of 9/11. But only F.O.I.L. knows he’s carrying a suitcase-sized nuclear bomb to destroy New York City.

04-alod.jpg

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    She took him to school, damn. I especially love the way she just starts singing over his bullshit at the end. Megyn Kelly has no fucks left to give these assclowns.

• Options

All these explanations are "him". But that's what I was getting at. The campaign is not one guy. Not everyone on the campaign is a rookie, nor are they all in it for the grift. Trump himself cannot micromanage every aspect of it. That's what I really don't get.

The post-mortem on the Trump campaign is going to be amazing reading.

It's going to be extra difficult then usual, since Trump loves to sue people and makes everyone sign NDA's.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It must kill these people that Bin Laden was killed under the Democrats watch after W completely whiffed it for 7 years.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Um, also, Trump is going to kill Hillary?

What the actual fuck.

• Options

What the actual fuck.

Hillary better win, and have a quick plan to get out of the country asap before Trump tries to fulfill his promise if he wins. I'm sad that I'm being serious about this. :(

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

What the actual fuck.

Hillary better win, and have a quick plan to get out of the country asap before Trump tries to fulfill his promise if he wins. I'm sad that I'm being serious about this. :(

Hold the election night rally in Puerto Rico. Safe enough for this situation, I figure.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Re: Conway's Career

On the one hand, yup, true mercenary, does what needs to be done, was the best hire Trump ever made.

On the other, no one in the media seems to have any professional respect for her at the moment, which would be a problem if it persists past this election.

Why do people keep acting like she's skilled. The capable Republican campaign officials wouldn't work for Trump. They're working for Senate candidates and SuperPACs. Kelly Ann Conway was not and is not considered top tier, she's who you can get when you fire your second campaign manager post-primaries. She worked on Todd Akin's crash and burn campaign. She was working on Ted Cruz's SuperPAC before this, a secondary role player. Her background is just in polling and she's mostly worked with the conservative and unsuccesful fringe:
    Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, Newt Gingrich's former presidential campaign, Reps. Steve King and Michele Bachmann, FreedomWorks, Americans for Prosperity, The Heritage Foundation, National Rifle Association, and Family Research Council.

This is the second substantial campaign she's run as the actual campaign lead and the last one was characterized by monumentally tanking numbers after ignorant and sexist remarks regarding sexual assault.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Pretty sure Hillary would rather be martyred than run.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular

What the actual fuck.

Hold the election night rally in Puerto Rico. Safe enough for this situation, I figure.

Nah Chicago, it might as well be 1943 Stalingrad to the Trumpets. I don't think anyone who has listened to him will dare venture within 100 miles of that living hell of a warzone.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

Nah, we'd need her for whenever America gets back on its feet.

• Options
    She would be too old. She will almost certainly hold her party in New York.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular

sigh. On one hand, I want to praise Pence for half-heartedly trying to calm the rhetoric. But you know damned well that he knows that voter fraud is a non-problem and he's willingly feeding their paranoia and delusions. I know this will be compared to McCain's "Obama's an A-Rab" moment, but it's just not the same.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016

And let's be real. Her secret service detail will presumably be large and on high alert, but I can't see her fleeing to an undisclosed location over the potential for violence.

That will probably exist every day, just as it has for Obama. Hell, as it likely already does.

Yes, post election will probably be particularly tumultuous. I have said repeatedly that I hope the US passes it without literal bloodshed (nor will I be shocked if Trump stirs up some people and injuries or fatalities occur), but we (and she) are already there.

And that's incredibly sad, but I don't doubt for a second she's prepared to face that potential.

That said, I can't see them taking any unnecessary risks either.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I hope somebody books Trump tower or any of his properties for a Hillary victory party.

Maybe Mark Cuban will book ALL of Trump's properties for Hillary victory parties.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

Pretty sure H-Dawg would put on stunna shades, pull out a hand cannon, and start blasting away along side her Secret Service detail if someone did try something.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    I'm sorry, but I hope law enforcement is prepared to stop violence on election day and for probably weeks afterwards. The rhetoric has been stoked to the point that it seems certain that someone is going to commit violence. Donnie keeps dropping the idea that it's going to be rigged that things will not end well. Pay those Secret Service agents well.

This discussion has been closed.