Options

[Hearthstone] Mean Streets of Gadgetzan arrives Dec 1st!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    also if your opponent doesn't have spells in their deck Good, You Will Probably Win

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Playing standard c'thun warrior. Late in the game, I have 10 cards left in my deck. I have twin emps, 2 shield-bearers, and Brann in my hand. And my c'thun has 8 fucking attack. And so I lose. Let's see 2 2/3s, 2 2/1s, 2 4/2s, and a 7/9, which buff my c'thun, so seven cards, four of which I mulligan for and all but one get buried at the bottom of my deck? Odds of that happening are about 1 in 800? I mean, I have played about 200 games with this deck and this is only the 2nd time I haven't had my c'thun to 10 by turn 6' so that sounds about right.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    never thought i'd say it, but Rogue is totally OP

(in this brawl)

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    What about something like this (NOT A REAL CARD!):

YY7XcMd.png

You really hate rogue, right? Too much of a damage boost imo, +2/+2 and taunt is more then enough.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Grobian wrote: »
    Warning, not a fake card:

0001467434.JPG

EHHHH

I mean, cool? Seems alright for what it is...

But, non-Anyfin Murloc decks will never be a thing. Blizz has been trying to push that shit forever and it never pans out. It will NEVER work.

*Cursed Monkey Paw folds down yet another finger*

o-oh shit.... the last time this happened was when I wished Midrange Shaman would be good wHAT HAVE I DONE

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Coinage wrote: »

As a straight white male, Toast is a very good looking dude. I'm surprised he wore that mask for so long.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    gallywix by a mile

Cheaper, cements your lead, and is hard to remove. Gallywix is the best card in the pack. Foe Reaper is strong, but Gallywix is stronger.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Oh, hey USA friends. I just got a notification about Amazon's #coinstoppable promotion. It's $50 worth of Amazon coins for $25. Which is 40 Hearthstone packs worth of coins. It's limited to one purchase per customer, and only people who are new Amazon Appstore customers are eligible for the offer. This is lame because I've already taken advantage of a coin deal before, so I can't but I figured someone here probably can.

Big warning disclaimer for those who want to indulge, you have to buy a second purchase of at least 500 Amazon coins to get the full 40 packs. This is because Amazon coins are taxed from the purchase inside the HS store. Meaning, yeah you're paying 4999 coins for a $49.99 purchase of 40 Hearthstone packs, but you also have to pay about 280 coin tax. So just buying a pack of 5000 Amazon coins will not be enough. What it comes down to is paying $25 for the 5000 coins, then another $4.75 minimum for a pack of 500. That's still 40% off of 40 HS packs, so it's still a great deal. Just not the 50% they're promoting.

However, Amazon has another plus going on (confirmed in the US). Hearthstone is currently having a coin promotion where you can earn 30% of Amazon coins back based on purchases inside Hearthstone. So you're spending 4999 coins inside of Hearthstone, you get 1500 back. That along with your remaining "tax coins" left over can get you at least 9 additional packs. So after all is said and done, you're getting 49 packs for about $30 of Amazon Coins which would usually cost you $63... *kripp voice* which issss preeeettyyy goooood.

Here's a direct link to the promotion.

Here's another link about Amazon promotions along with links on how to use Amazon coins on Hearthstone with a mobile device, or by using an Android emulator on your PC.

One final note. This is not the Black Friday coin deal, nor is this the rumored Mean Streets Amazon deal that is going around. So something good is still going to come along for those who aren't new Amazon Coin customers.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Does the pack preorder (the one through Battlenet, not Amazon) have a card back like in the past?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    New cards! Spoilered for huge:
    TanarisHogchopper_wm.jpg
    SpikedHogrider_wm.jpg
    LeathercladHogleader_wm.jpg

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Those are interesting effects.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    The spiked hogriders gun shoots bacon?

That's fucked up

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    The spiked hogriders gun shoots bacon?

That's fucked up

My personal interpretation is that it shoots sausages.

The bacon flying out is the shell casings, the bullets as loaded are Pigs in Blankets.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I feel like the four and six drop effects should be switched? I dunno.
    Yilias wrote: »
    Does the pack preorder (the one through Battlenet, not Amazon) have a card back like in the past?

No, no additional bonuses (besides 50 packs for $50) from the pre-order via Blizzard have been announced.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    That five drop seems very close to playable.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The 5 drop would totally be playable if Sludge Belcher were still around.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Eh, another boring paladin murloc minion. I dunno, maybe it will help improve the menagerie paladin, which I still think has some potential.

But, it's a semi-decent 1-drop minion. The more I think about it, the more I think Small Time Recruits is such an incredible card. Draw 3-6 one drops, buff them with one of the Grimestreet cards, and then your future topdecks are pretty amazing.

I'm hoping it gives paladin more opportunities to be proactive.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I do wonder if the 5 drop is going to interact like the 2/1 pirate. Meaning, if you plop the charge down, and then remove the taunt minion, it will lose its charge effect even if it hasn't charged yet.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    I do wonder if the 5 drop is going to interact like the 2/1 pirate. Meaning, if you plop the charge down, and then remove the taunt minion, it will lose its charge effect even if it hasn't charged yet.

It's a battlecry that adds Charge to the card. It's permanent from then on. Southsea Deckhand is an aura.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    It's a battlecry instead of a persistent effect, so it should still have charge. That also means if it enters play by special means it won't have charge.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Give me Druid cards!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I've always found the most erotic part of a woman is the snout.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Kabal is this week's gang.

New cards:
    O1UAPT1T3DR91478916128889.png
    RNv93vP.jpg

Blog post is here:
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20372474/a-taste-of-the-kabal-11-14-2016

Highlander does seem to be a theme they're going for with Kabal.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Concede Mage used to run Explosive Sheep which was a 4 mana deal 2 to all minions, so volcanic potion will almost certainly find a place.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Concede Mage just isn't the same without Duplicate. Is the Chemist just every card from the set that has the word Potion in it? That seems really good.

• Options
    Other stuff:
    Gadgetzan page has updated.

Kripparian has a card reveal in just under 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Unlocking has also started on the card for this week. Looks like a Warlock Card?

• Options
    Concede Mage just isn't the same without Duplicate. Is the Chemist just every card from the set that has the word Potion in it? That seems really good.

Well, Concede does exist in wild, but more my point is that's an effect that has seen play before and it being better costed here means it could be good enough to see play in more mage decks.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    i just dropped a doomguard onto a board with 2 melchy imps, but i only drew 2 cards. shouldn't i have drawn 4?

• Options
    Ketherial wrote: »
    i just dropped a doomguard onto a board with 2 melchy imps, but i only drew 2 cards. shouldn't i have drawn 4?

you only draw for cards you actually discard--if you only had one card in hand when you played the doomguard, both the imps would trigger once, drawing two cards

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Well, Concede does exist in wild, but more my point is that's an effect that has seen play before and it being better costed here means it could be good enough to see play in more mage decks.
    I was mostly posting because I was sad, not to argue with you. But yeah it's nice for control Mage to get some cheaper aoe, I wish Maelstrom Portal had been all minions too >:(

• Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular

you only draw for cards you actually discard--if you only had one card in hand when you played the doomguard, both the imps would trigger once, drawing two cards

huh, now i don't remember. but if i discarded 2 cards, then both imps would draw twice, giving me a 4 card draw right? just confirming.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

New cards:

Baby Eviscerated Evil!

Combos well with Holy Nova.

• Options

huh, now i don't remember. but if i discarded 2 cards, then both imps would draw twice, giving me a 4 card draw right? just confirming.

Yup! I've had that happen to me on curve while also hitting a silverware golem. I lost that game.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

New cards:
    RNv93vP.jpg

Blog post is here:
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20372474/a-taste-of-the-kabal-11-14-2016

OKAY YEAH

THOSE ARE GOOD CARDS

wow

those are both playable, 100%

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    The first is definitely. I forget what all the so-far-revealed potions are, which is important for the second.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    My problem with all those "Hog______" cards is that either the bikes or the riders are sporting Horde insignia, but as far as I know, quillboars are not part of the Horde.

This is completely unacceptable.

(I guess it's another what-if Hearthstone scenario)

Delduwath on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

New cards:
    RNv93vP.jpg

Blog post is here:

OKAY YEAH

THOSE ARE GOOD CARDS

wow

those are both playable, 100%

If the Potions from the Chemist are the Potion spells we've seen so far, yeah, that's very solid.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    If they include the pint size potion and madness potion things could get a bit complicated. I wonder if any given Kazakus effect will be possible, and what mana cost they'd be individually.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    kime wrote: »
    The first is definitely. I forget what all the so-far-revealed potions are, which is important for the second.

Pint size potion (-3 atk)
    Dragon fire potion (5 dmg to all non dragons)
    Volcanic (seen above)
    Potion of madness (smaller shadow madness)
    Probably something in warlock as well, my guess would be a slightly different power overwhelming

Grobian on
  • Options
    Kripparian's card is revealed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9KwCLbgxmo&feature=youtu.be

Warlock Common.
    Abyssal Enforcer
    7 mana 6/6 Demon. Battlecry: Deal 3 damage to all other characters.

This discussion has been closed.