Options

Annual [Thanksgiving] Thread for Giving Thanks!

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    I am thankful for my gigantic extended family who I am feeding tonight. A family member had a house fire earlier this week. with two babies in the house. No one was hurt thank god

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I'm thankful for my family and the folks on here who I call my friends.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I'm thankful for my loved ones and for you guys/gals helping my work day be more bearable.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I'm thankful for

Manos

the... hands of Fate.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Manos?

Oh you mean the hands of fate?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I kinda think Manos is a bit overrated. Personally Space Mutiny is my number 1 with 2 being Prince of Space or Werewolf.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Touch of Satan is pretty good.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    That being said, Manos is still really funny.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm thankful for you lot.

You've made this last however long it's been tolerable.

I've gotten more out of this community than any other. You're all awesome.

Give me your food pictures people. I'm stuck with dominos pizza.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I am thankful for being able to manipulate my 5 year old nieces into announcing that it's time for pie right now

"are you cutting the pie?"
    "I thought it was time for pie, are you girls ready for pie?
    "YEAH!"

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    We watched Devilfish

=)

I ate seconds

=)

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    This song
    is in
    the
    public domain
    That's why we used
    It twice

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I made my second favorite Mac and Cheese recipe, but with no mustard powder due to Wal-Mart being out, and ate half a tray of Hawaiian rolls this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving to me

Fuuuuuuck, I should totally make mac and cheese next year.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Just got home, Turkey is done, making casserole and potatoes now, Nuka is helping

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    f6fv1ii8c0hj.jpg
    Drink is Martinellis apple cider, of course!

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Happy thanksgiving everyone!

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Thanksgiving was good. I just had to bring a salad and managed to escape with a truly absurd amount of leftovers: two bags of smoked turkey, a container of mashed potatoes, some really nice green beans, six dinner rolls, a plate of sopapilla cheesecake, and even a little bit of the salad I brought.

I don't know if I'll ever actually be hungry again, but I'll sure as hell be prepared for when that time comes.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I'm thankful for you lot.

You've made this last however long it's been tolerable.

I've gotten more out of this community than any other. You're all awesome.

Give me your food pictures people. I'm stuck with dominos pizza.

Ok here's one of mine.

20161026_212704_zpsqqdhqx7p.jpg

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE i'm gonna go pass out from a food coma now.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's new house, and I'm thankful to have such a great family.

I am also thankful I live in a state that doesn't allow my store to be open on holidays!

I mean, I still have to be there at midnight 'cause we're opening early, and then I have to be back at 4 PM for my normal shift, but hey, I still got to enjoy the holiday with the people I love!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Oh god how did that all fit inside me

Weaver on
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    happy thanksgiving

in the low-key, quiet way

that makes this

the best holiday.

(in my opinion, and if you're lucky to have lovely family to enjoy, anyway.)

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So my family never celebrates Thanksgiving on actual Thanksgiving because my mom works in the service industry (and the tips today are too good to pass up).

So for the past couple years I have cooked for myself weird meals and this year will be no different.

The theme behind this year's meal is a Trip Around the World!

I'll be having:

* Applewood & Cheddar Angus Beef Burgers
    * Bean & Cheese Burritos
    * Cheese Pizza
    * Pierogies
    * Egg Rolls

All washed town with a lot of screwdrivers.

15235922_10154801017206095_4325117706311521140_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Help... Send help...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    send me your pierogies.

send them to me.

I miss them so much

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Oh god how did that all fit inside me

phrasing

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Cornbread turned out ok. I didn't have any buttermilk so I used a different recipe, plus now i've got like... 9/10 of a box of corn meal so I wanted to limit the amount of things I needed to buy that I would use once then never again. It was alright. Not sure if it was any better, that I could discern, from what i'd have gotten out of a box mix. I'm glad I tried it though.
    CmWtGBb.jpg?1

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Dinner was fantastic. Seriously, the best venison I've ever eaten in my life. And it wasn't stressful. Nobody cried.

Gwen and I actually agreed (and we never agree on anything) that this was the best Thanksgiving my family's had in a decade. I was happy on a holiday.

So I am also thankful for this forum. You guys were instrumental in helping me find my footing this year, and I don't think I'd have managed to get here without you.

• Options
    We basically made enough food for a whole family. Still got probably 17lbs of turkey in the fridge.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Food went great. I love our more desserts than people tradition.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    How has my stomach not ruptured yet

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Every flat space in my kitchen was covered in pots, pans, utensils, plates; so I'm up running dishes through the wash so we don't get mice.

Edit: so looking forward to leaving this building next year

Weaver on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    My food was well recieved! I took what was left to my friend's house and wound up just leaving it because they wanted more.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I am thankful for an excuse to watch a ton of mst3k, a bunch of great friends who've stuck with me through thick and thin, and making it through one of the shittiest years in living memory

And also for this fabulous community I GUESS

Now to put away the leftovers and pass out

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Man, yesterday was good.

Didn't really have too much sitting down to post time because somehow it's fallen to me to be the one that helps my mom out with all the cooking and kitchen stuff.

But yeah this year probably would have been alot darker for me if I didn't have this place to come vent about our impending doom. Thanks for being a fairly nice, and regularly hilarious bunch. It's been fun getting to know y'all over the past year.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    f6fv1ii8c0hj.jpg
    Drink is Martinellis apple cider, of course!

What is the thing that looks a bit like a croissant, top right?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Welp, Thanksgiving is the worst holiday to have strep throat during.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I am thankful for being able to manipulate my 5 year old nieces into announcing that it's time for pie right now

"are you cutting the pie?"
    "I thought it was time for pie, are you girls ready for pie?
    "YEAH!"

Back when my oldest niece, Hannah (Now 21) was around 5 or 6, I trained her for a specific task.

I'd ask "Hannah, what does the Hulk say?"

She'd respond by raising her arms menacingly, making a face, and going "RAAAAAGH"

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Had a really great thanksgiving with friends, which as I gotten older I realized that's how I rather spend my holiday.

Sadly I have to work today, but afterwards my favorite bar is doing a Black Friday special, with their entire tap taken over by dark beers.

• Options
    @TheRoadVirus Made a damn good bread pudding.