As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That's right, more Fallen London [chat]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    She has to go, last question?

Why does AH lie about his real name? WHATS HE HIDING!?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Do I gotta?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

he's hiding our love preacher

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Time to apply to new jobs! Any resources you all would recommend for US/Canada Softwares?
    start playing video games 8-16 hours a day
    er, wait

I would like to know the secrets of getting paid for playing vidya and watching movies all day.
    buy facecam
    start streaming regularly for multiple hours a day
    ???
    start getting enough money you can live off of, maybe
    Felix Kjellberg, a 25 year-old who makes YouTube videos under the alias “PewDiePie,” reached a new high this year when the Swedish newspaper Expresen reported he made $7 million in 2014.
    yeah but realistically are you going to be making pewdiepie money
    or, indeed, money at all

I talked to a guy a pax who was one of those mid-tier youtubers

maybe like a half million subs?

he said he was grossing maybe 8k a month

which is nice until you think about

that's gross, minus all them taxes for self-employment
    also the inherent instability of the job

oh and he basically does nothing but make videos and edit videos

not really a golden ticket

yes but was he making 5 - 10 minute videos aimed at 6 - 8 year olds?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Her: "I don't know he lied to me (about his real name) too"

Thanks all! She had fun!

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    AH's wife: Hornet or Enterprise?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Her: "I'm a girly girl that grew up in a house of girly girls"

Mrs. Amateurhour confirms Patriarchy. "Girls don't like nerd stuff".

cptrugged on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

She's gone, but she's not a fan of Star Trek aside from the first Chris Pine movie

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

No she's firmly established who is in charge, and it's not me.

• Options
    producing and editing 3 5-10 minute videos a week is probably a 60+ hour a week job

you're better off getting boob implants and going on twitch

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Time to apply to new jobs! Any resources you all would recommend for US/Canada Softwares?
    start playing video games 8-16 hours a day
    er, wait

I would like to know the secrets of getting paid for playing vidya and watching movies all day.
    buy facecam
    start streaming regularly for multiple hours a day
    ???
    start getting enough money you can live off of, maybe
    Felix Kjellberg, a 25 year-old who makes YouTube videos under the alias “PewDiePie,” reached a new high this year when the Swedish newspaper Expresen reported he made $7 million in 2014.
    yeah but realistically are you going to be making pewdiepie money
    or, indeed, money at all

I talked to a guy a pax who was one of those mid-tier youtubers

maybe like a half million subs?

he said he was grossing maybe 8k a month

which is nice until you think about

that's gross, minus all them taxes for self-employment
    also the inherent instability of the job

oh and he basically does nothing but make videos and edit videos

not really a golden ticket

yes but was he making 5 - 10 minute videos aimed at 6 - 8 year olds?

let's play stuff mostly

just hours and hours of him pretending to be excited as he talked into the facecam

I would die

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

USS Wolverine.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    If there is one culinary habit I wish I could persuade my mother to abandon it is that of putting meat in a cold pan and heating it gently until grey

Tonight: pork chops

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Garrus is in charge????

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @spool32

I imagine you have the drain issue covered by now, but I just want to reinforce what not to use: don't use any kind of supermarket Drano or Liquid Plumber. Those products are sodium hydroxide (lye) based, which means they have a high pH, which means they do nothing to dissolve limestone. Worse, if they accumulate in your pipe they'll neutralize any acid you later pour down the drain.

What you could try is an acidic product. There are hydrochloric acid (usually called "muriatic acid") drain cleaner products available at some hardware stores. You would need to dilute these or they can etch your sink/shower basin or even damage your pipes. You can also get "ph-down" products for swimming pools. These are usually just phosphoric acid or an acidic salt like sodium bisulfate.

If you try one of these products, use safety precautions. Use gloves and eye protection, dilute them in glass containers before pouring down the drain. Err on the side of more dilution, and rinse everything thoroughly.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Yeah, I realize in retrospect my question should have been "How do I get paid to enjoy vidya and movies all day?"

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    producing and editing 3 5-10 minute videos a week is probably a 60+ hour a week job

And then opening a titty coffee stand where you web cam the girls.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    if you're in the flit you should be doin' robbery crimes. lots of crimes.

i stole a bunch of paintings for the one leader guy, then arranged them in a fantastic arrangement!

now i have the option of repeating that quest again

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Didn't they ban that Zoie Burger from Twitch recently? The one who played CoD in a new bikini each day.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Exam week so I got a good amount of sitting around in silence time coming up.

@feral tell me your IT secrets

@SniperGuy

Your prior post mentioned getting some networking books you also mentioned Active Directory.

Which are you more interested in, and what are your current skills? Do you have any experience either doing networking or Active Directory support?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Gooey wrote: »

i stole a bunch of paintings for the one leader guy, then arranged them in a fantastic arrangement!

more shit opens up as your shadowy quality gets higher. I think you also might need a quality from doing area diving in spite but I forget.

*just checked the wiki and you need A Name Whispered in Darkness at 4 for the main event up there.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I realize in retrospect my question should have been "How do I get paid to enjoy vidya and movies all day?"

oh that's easy

place your body into suspended animation until we reach a post-scarcity utopia

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

Didn't they ban that Zoie Burger from Twitch recently? The one who played CoD in a new bikini each day.

Well you don't need to go full Zoie I guess, just show the goods off.

I fully expect to see guys in speedos eventually.

• Options
    milski wrote: »

Garrus is in charge????

Harvey is in charge.

7yx1qibab4k4.jpg

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Apparently I still can set up a basic DHCP server in Windows. Got to say, that is way less fucking painful then the last time I did it. Which was in NT4.

• Options

Well you don't need to go full Zoie I guess, just show the goods off.

I fully expect to see guys in speedos eventually.

Just a face cam of a dudes banana hammock pubes sticking out of the sides.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Oh nice. I was waiting on Lost Odyssey to be backwards compatible. Blue Dragon was fun but man was the VO work reeeeeaaaalllly tough to listen to... even for a JRPG.

Blue Dragon basically punches you in the face with how JRPG it is. I really liked it, but it's an almost exaggerated caricature of the genre.

Lost Odyssey is peak form and is terrific for anyone interested in story-driven RPGs.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    i would actually watch twitch for that

• Options
    I'm a little bummed she didn't know the angle of the dangle.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

jfc

yes, the creator of the hit film Sausage Party is going to lead a roundtable of straight white cis men in a discussion of how to avoid ethnic stereotypes

i just

why must way stray further from god's light

Because that click bait stripped out all the necessary context
    A panel of top toon creators — including Byron Howard ('Zootopia), Garth Jennings ('Sing'), Travis Knight ('Kubo and the Two Strings'), Mike Mitchell ('Trolls'), John Musker ('Moana') and Mark Osborne ('The Little Prince') —

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/animation-roundtable-seth-rogen-6-more-avoiding-ethnic-stereotypes-creating-ugly-cute-princ

Yeah, and, I mean.. People who want to make sure they don't fall into creating ethnic stereotypes talking about how best not to do so? Seems absolutely correct.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    man fuckin lost odyssey...

I loved that game but my dudes will forever be stuck in that god awful optional dungeon at the end. They live there now.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I loved that game but my dudes will forever be stuck in that god awful optional dungeon at the end. They live there now.

The DLC dungeon that costs a dollar?

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    My wife is in my cube eating food Ask Her Anything.

I don't even have a wife, ama
    how are things going

They're ok. I still work too hard, and I'm tired and stressed, and while I'm gonna be happy to be home for Christmas, I'm going to miss Querry. I'm also falling apart (wait, maybe things aren't ok) because of the stress of grad school, not having an idea for my dissertation, and wanting to be done, how are you?
    frustrated and unhappy. have been feeling therapy is pointless and that i'm making no progress. emailed therapist yesterday to ask what the plan is - since i understand the broad goal of being happy / not unhappy, but not the intermediate goals or functional steps i should be taking. she threw it back on me, basically saying i should be working through the CBT book/workbook she recommended to me, but i don't find that a satisfying answer since i could work through those without spending hundreds of dollars a month on therapy

have been very unproductive at work last couple of weeks and feel very guilty about that since i just got huge % raise. am broadly worried about other people seeing how i live and concern that i won't appear to be a functional human being in january. news is constantly depressing but i generally avoid it and don't really believe i'll be directly affected by anything that happens.

i feel i've been getting better at SFV tho so that's +++v important
    ---
    i don't really understand the specifics of grad school, having not gone through it myself and only hearing about my brother's experiences 2nd-hand. from what i know about my brother's situation, it's taken him a long time (he's in his 6th? year) and there were parts where he thought he wasn't going to get the ph.d in the end, although it is now looking like he'll get it and probably have a company wanting to hire him immediately to continue his research. this is, not, perhaps, a very helpful thing to bring up, but i think that the experience of being unsure that things will work out is likely common, and that things can often look like they aren't going to work out for the longest time - and then suddenly things click, your research gets results and then the path forward becomes pretty clear.

also important to remember that even if grad school things do not work out in the end, it is not the end of the world.
    i can't speak on relationships in any meaningful way. my understanding is you already do video calls on the regular, and I would think that'd help, but I'd also suppose there's no substitute for physical presence. I guess just try to remember that this is going to be a temporary thing (i understand you are beginning to look into moving in together?) and hope that helps you muddle through.
    @Shivahn

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

it just seems really frustrating to work on raising your shadowy in the flit without helpful quests that give you a lot of points for completion like in the earlier areas

like yeah, i get you want to heist over and over but my shadowy isn't at a point where i can comfortably expect successes so what happens is I burn a lot of actions because each step in preparing for a heist takes 3 per and i may or may not be successful because even with a shadowy in the mid-70s i still only have like a 60% chance to succeed - and failure does nothing to improve your progress in heisting

meanwhile when i was doing stuff in Watchmaker's hill there were like 3 quests i could do there that substantially raised my dangerous stat

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

jfc

yes, the creator of the hit film Sausage Party is going to lead a roundtable of straight white cis men in a discussion of how to avoid ethnic stereotypes

i just

why must way stray further from god's light

Because that click bait stripped out all the necessary context
    A panel of top toon creators — including Byron Howard ('Zootopia), Garth Jennings ('Sing'), Travis Knight ('Kubo and the Two Strings'), Mike Mitchell ('Trolls'), John Musker ('Moana') and Mark Osborne ('The Little Prince') —

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/animation-roundtable-seth-rogen-6-more-avoiding-ethnic-stereotypes-creating-ugly-cute-princ

Yeah, and, I mean.. People who want to make sure they don't fall into creating ethnic stereotypes talking about how best not to do so? Seems absolutely correct.

no be outraged

• Options

The DLC dungeon that costs a dollar?

Totally forget. All I remember is going in there before finishing the game and getting mad lost on this moving grid puzzle thing. I gave up and when I came back I couldn't find my way out. Also there were fucking fights that took a good minute or two for every 30 seconds of wandering.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

First, googling that doesn't turn up great results. Second, I think Twitch has been trying to ban anything explicitly sexual or sensual, so streamers who twerk are probably on the way out.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Things that have shipped today to my home.

An NES with two controllers, a Zapper, and Mario/Duck Hunt

A CB Radio (from Canada)

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Things that have shipped today to my home.

An NES with two controllers, a Zapper, and Mario/Duck Hunt

A CB Radio (from Canada)

...you have a CRT television, right?

• Options
    milski wrote: »

First, googling that doesn't turn up great results. Second, I think Twitch has been trying to ban anything explicitly sexual or sensual, so streamers who twerk are probably on the way out.

NO NOT THE ZELDA TWERKS!

God that was the best jerk material you can do without tripping a work filter!

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.