Options

Welcome to [chat], magicians

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I need someone to carry me to the shower and then dress me. I think I could take it from there and leave the house.

I'll wheel you out to the garage and spray you down with a garden hose

Agreed?

Bring me my rag on a stick

*pounding of drums*

HE SHALL WAAAAAASH

*flourish of trumpets*

HE SHALL WAAAAAASH

*pounding of drums*

GLORY BE GLORY BE

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Ah thanks dudes, I didn't mean to make it like that I'm not down on myself or a sad sack. Just hard to meet new people for any reason.

But thanks.

it's tough

if you're happy doing what you're doing, then you do you, but like, if you think you might want to try it out, it's definitely something you can accomplish

ilu either way

Ilm too

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Yeah gooey I'm sure I'd enjoy it on multiple levels it just often feels like that ship has sailed.

http://www.ourtime.com/

Savage.
    ONE OF THE LADIES HAS A GIANT SPIDER
    Lolth, the Demon Queen of the Drow, has a hard time finding a suitable spawning partner.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

I for one welcome our new Corgi overlords.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    In the coming corgocracy I will submit for walkies and belly rubs.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Overcorgs

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Overcorgs

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Corgerlords

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Corgercorgs

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Corgcorgcorgs

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Guys, put a corg in it.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    floofy mcstumpellegs

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://www.eater.com/2016/12/21/14030230/final-fantasy-vx-15-food-review
    According to the game's art director, Tomohiro Hasegawa, creating the in-game dishes sometimes involved working off of food photography, but frequently involved actually cooking the recipes that appear. "It’s actually pretty difficult to make something look tasty in the game," Hasegawa says. "And I believe what beats even the best photography is the personal experience."

Creating a recipe in Final Fantasy XV involved several development team members. According to Hasegawa, the process begins in the art department, where the dish's ingredients and desired appearance are planned out. Another team takes it from there — takes it outside, specifically, to actually cook on a camp stove. "Our team members took out their gear and went camping to cook outdoors," says Hasegawa. "You know how even the simplest foods can taste really delicious when you’re out camping? We wanted to focus on that same feeling while we created them."

Ignis serves up some very fancy-looking meals in the Coleman-branded camp dishware in the game, but it's believable due to this detailed care in their creation. You can buy that the dedicated outdoor chef could make a beautiful croque madame at a campsite — because a team of dedicated outdoor chefs in Japan actually did the real-world work first.

The completed dishes, "served" in the game's camping and diner scenes, were then photographed from various angles. They were then scanned to create 3D data for the digital artists to work with, but artists weren't just left to work off of static images. The digital art team also handled the physical dishes prepared by the food team and their ingredients — how are you really going to perfectly render a zucchini unless you've actually held a slice yourself? Recipes were then tasted by the teams creating the in-game models, and the 3D data tweaked as necessary
    I am not sure that they were not primarily using the food in FFXV as an excuse to eat food.

• Options
    :whistle: I can show you the coooorg

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://www.eater.com/2016/12/21/14030230/final-fantasy-vx-15-food-review
    According to the game's art director, Tomohiro Hasegawa, creating the in-game dishes sometimes involved working off of food photography, but frequently involved actually cooking the recipes that appear. "It’s actually pretty difficult to make something look tasty in the game," Hasegawa says. "And I believe what beats even the best photography is the personal experience."

Creating a recipe in Final Fantasy XV involved several development team members. According to Hasegawa, the process begins in the art department, where the dish's ingredients and desired appearance are planned out. Another team takes it from there — takes it outside, specifically, to actually cook on a camp stove. "Our team members took out their gear and went camping to cook outdoors," says Hasegawa. "You know how even the simplest foods can taste really delicious when you’re out camping? We wanted to focus on that same feeling while we created them."

Ignis serves up some very fancy-looking meals in the Coleman-branded camp dishware in the game, but it's believable due to this detailed care in their creation. You can buy that the dedicated outdoor chef could make a beautiful croque madame at a campsite — because a team of dedicated outdoor chefs in Japan actually did the real-world work first.

The completed dishes, "served" in the game's camping and diner scenes, were then photographed from various angles. They were then scanned to create 3D data for the digital artists to work with, but artists weren't just left to work off of static images. The digital art team also handled the physical dishes prepared by the food team and their ingredients — how are you really going to perfectly render a zucchini unless you've actually held a slice yourself? Recipes were then tasted by the teams creating the in-game models, and the 3D data tweaked as necessary
    I am not sure that they were not primarily using the food in FFXV as an excuse to eat food.

AAA game development here.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    a notice on every door to say hey we have had smoking complaints. remember this is a non smoking complex. stop or action will be taken.

*chuckles, rubs fingertips together gleefully*

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ok that did it

lexapro, CBT techniques, exercising... none of it worked

but finding out some smokers may get threatened with eviction just improved my mood

my heart is not well

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    'Neckbeard' is a slur basically akin to 'retard' and people oughtn't use it.
    Huh? How do you figure?
    I don't think it's that bad but I do pretty much agree with this comic that it ought to be avoided.

everydayfeminism.com/2016/02/neckbeard-cartoon/

OK, that comic makes a good point and I will refrain from using Neckbeard as an insult from now on.

I can still use fedora-wearer as an insult tho can't I??

I've found the term neckbeard is more associated with no true scotsman and general toxicity found in most niche cultures than physical unkemptness. Often stereotypically (and anecdotally) associated with brick and mortar interactions of said niche. I wouldn't call that guy a neckbeard unless he rolled his eyes at me because I asked a relatively normal question about the thing he fetishized.

https://youtu.be/AzRAmoKtrZg

I am down to switch to a better word, but I think people will choose to be insulted regardless.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »

I don't know how to solve that. Have I forgotten so much from college or is that nontrivial?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Holy fuck, a tub of popcorn at this theater is $9.49.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Wait nevermind log addition multiply the insides.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Holy fuck, a tub of popcorn at this theater is $9.49.

that's pretty normal nowadays

that's not like, a good thing

but it is normal

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    When you're dead, you're dead; but until then there's icecream.

• Options
    So it just simplifies to 10^15 = 3^7*5^3*x^10 I think.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Craig's gonna get popped for destruction of property

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Ultimately, every insult can be dismantled as offensive and argued against.

Because insults are meant to be offensive. Causing offense is their point.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't dismantle them. But really maybe just the really egregious ones, okay? I will never stop calling people slinky-faced dinklewhompers no matter what you tell me about it.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I'm not saying that we shouldn't dismantle them. But really maybe just the really egregious ones, okay? I will never stop calling people slinky-faced dinklewhompers no matter what you tell me about it.

I just call people Drez. Its the nuclear weapon of insults.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    What's a d4?
    For peeing, you perv.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I've been looking through the post-game analyses of my matches and it looks like I have issues with the end game

you'd think with fewer pieces on the board that would be a lot simpler! but the number of viable moves is way higher as the board opens up and i keep making critical fuck ups

chess why you so hard

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I just call people Drez. Its the nuclear weapon of insults.

Sort of like assuming people are Redsocks fans

• Options
    drez u a dumb

• Options
    It's 9.04 I did it chat

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    What's a d4?
    For peeing, you perv.

did you just

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    'Neckbeard' is a slur basically akin to 'retard' and people oughtn't use it.
    Huh? How do you figure?
    I don't think it's that bad but I do pretty much agree with this comic that it ought to be avoided.

everydayfeminism.com/2016/02/neckbeard-cartoon/

OK, that comic makes a good point and I will refrain from using Neckbeard as an insult from now on.

I can still use fedora-wearer as an insult tho can't I??

I've found the term neckbeard is more associated with no true scotsman and general toxicity found in most niche cultures than physical unkemptness. Often stereotypically (and anecdotally) associated with brick and mortar interactions of said niche. I wouldn't call that guy a neckbeard unless he rolled his eyes at me because I asked a relatively normal question about the thing he fetishized.

https://youtu.be/AzRAmoKtrZg

I am down to switch to a better word, but I think people will choose to be insulted regardless.

Ha ha I think that video is super way off base. Making lists and charts is just the way some people enjoy themselves. Just like some people (like Randall Monroe) do data analysis for fun. I'm one of the biggest fans of Mass Effect that you'll meet (though no where near the biggest fan on these boards) to the point that I have a Mass Effect tattoo and I would agree that I do fetishize the series. I've never made a list of my favorite galaxies nor extrapolated who would make the best couple amongst my companions, not because I don't fetishize the series but because those specific things are not part of what I enjoy.

If anything I think that video is specifically targeting people on the autism spectrum (notice the way the lady is unable to look at the guy directly), though I don't think the producers of the show knew that at the time, they were just describing "that sort of person we've all met who can't look people in the eye and has written a data map of Star Trek episodes."

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    also @onthelastcastle challenged me to a match and then promptly turned and fled

i can only assume he is pouring himself a stiff drink to try and muster up the proper courage

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    also @onthelastcastle challenged me to a match and then promptly turned and fled

i can only assume he is pouring himself a stiff drink to try and muster up the proper courage

oh oops

that is a good idea tho

• Options
    jk drez u kno ilu bb

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    people were shitting on the neuro-atypical before they knew it was a thing

because they knew the sort of person they were shitting on

it not being a diagnosis, or having an explanation, and being considered some kind of moral or social failure made it just like

a specific variety of weirdo or unpleasant person

if you look back on a lot of TV shows basically from the 70's to the 90's, they have characters that if you know anything about neuro-atypicality, autism spectrum, etc. you'll be like

oh dang

the fact these characters are generally denigrated as losers, crazy people, weirdos, or at best harmless kooks is kinda

...yeah

BAZINGA

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.