Options

Welcome to [chat], magicians

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I want to sleep

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    So it just simplifies to 10^15 = 3^7*5^3*x^10 I think.

according to wolfram it's $( x = \dfrac{e^{3/2}}{3^{7/10} 5^{3/10}} )$

I did log base 10 rather than ln.

yeah

Log(x) is log base 10, if you wanted log base e, you'd write it ln(x)

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    puppies the quote from me about Pubert came up in your sig rotation just now and I remembered that story and had myself a fuckin' sigh
    that fuckin' guy

i have had some very stereotypical interactions at RPG tables

i would still be down for playing one but i would feel a bit of a heel quizzing someone who invited me about each person i would be playing with

it's really hard to graciously escape once you're in one though

hmmm

hopefully if it ever comes up again i can contrive a way to do a one shot or two and test the waters

tabletop gaming is super hard with this stuff because, by nature of being a social activity, you have to engage with other humans and all the peril that can potentially entail

if you don't have friends who are already into that shit of their own experiences and interests it can be super difficult for them to buy in, especially if they have their own prejudices and preconceived notions and bad experiences

or if you just like, don't have a lot of friends, period

like it's not a RPG but i love Blood Bowl and i just bought the new edition of it and my outlet for playing it is... the local Games Workshop store?

i signed up for the league in January and will be doing that

that's gonna be a fuckin' laugh and a half, lemme tell ya

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Delmain wrote: »

yeah

I think this is field dependant?

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Hrm. Forest Whitaker is in both Arrival AND Rogue One. How the heck did Ghost Dog score that?

Now I kinda want to see a meme where his character in Rogue One is in Arrival or vice versa.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I want to sleep

have you tried

not being awake?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    lol

guy on reddit: my car got totaled and the other insurance is only going to pay off the 7.5k of my loan, my car is worth 13k!

(his car is a 2011 altima with 100k miles... worth about 7.5k)

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    The trick to tabletop RPGs is to only play with weirdos online or your girlfriend's weird friends

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

yeah

for instance, the query field in Wolfram Alpha thinks log(x) is the natural log :P

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @milski oh fuck the Name involves the Correspondence? Well, shit. Now I have to get in on it.

I am, more or less, at endgame besides A: never upping my notability a ton, B: never getting 200 in base stats (~155 each) and C: never getting any of the more absurd luxury items (and I guess D: missing a bunch of Exceptional stories in the past couple years).

I would *strongly* recommend enjoying more content before you risk Seeking. You probably have to be a Person of Some Importance for a lot of it, anyway.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    The trick to tabletop RPGs is to only play with weirdos online or your girlfriend's weird friends
    Or... you know, your actual IRL friends who you've known for years. Erm.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    I want to sleep

have you tried

not being awake?

I'm waiting for a doctor

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I mean, if you know irl weirdos :P

• Options

I mean, if you know irl weirdos :P

They are kind of weird.

For one thing, they are liberals who live in Indiana, so...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Things were sucking so I took of a vacation day before Christmas break.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I have had huge dark bags under my eyes for the last 2 years

Regardless of how much or how little sleep I get

It was never a big deal because my glasses hid them, but my new glasses almost put them on display

Guess I need to figure out how to get rid of them now

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

yeah

Typically I've seen log(x) used as log10 in engineering and chemistry, while log(x) used as ln is generally in the harder sciences and math.

I ate an engineer
  • Options

yeah

Typically I've seen log(x) used as log10 in engineering and chemistry, while log(x) used as ln is generally in the harder sciences and math.

I've seen CS professors use it as implied base 2, too

• Options
    I have had huge dark bags under my eyes for the last 2 years

Regardless of how much or how little sleep I get

It was never a big deal because my glasses hid them, but my new glasses almost put them on display

Guess I need to figure out how to get rid of them now
    The answer is always "Fire".

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ugh, I knocked the magnetic cord out of my rice cooker while it was cooking. So I said fuck it and just ate the korean bbq with no rice.

If the rice is okay though, it is finishing up because it is Japanese and designed to always be good I guess.

Just means some nice runny eggs and rice for breakfast for a couple days.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    lol

guy on reddit: my car got totaled and the other insurance is only going to pay off the 7.5k of my loan, my car is worth 13k!

(his car is a 2011 altima with 100k miles... worth about 7.5k)

It used to literally be part of my job to have this argument (from the insurance company perspective) but because I did regulated complaints I had all the joy of dealing with the really persistent people

Like the guy convinced his 1994 MGF was an "appreciating classic"
    Or the guy with the 200,000 mile merc with a questionable interior retrim in pillar box red leather and a PlayStation (as in PS1) built into the dash

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

So what you're saying is I either need to play with you guys or get a girlfriend?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

So what you're saying is I either need to play with you guys or get a girlfriend?
    Is this ever not the correct answer for anything?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

Is this ever not the correct answer for anything?

Getting a girlfriend sounds like effort though.

The looking, the flirting, the dating, the hidding her from my wife, the further dating.

Effort all around.

So do you guys do play-by-post or?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Rice is not good sadly.

Oh well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    weird question but who on here made those really weird man horse comics that got really nsfw real quick?

That is super vague but I know someone is going to know what I am talking about.

Are you referring to Team_Special_Olympics' Humanimals comics, other known works of his being the book about wizards as well as MSPaintAdventures?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
  • Options
    like, i already know the Games Workshop store is gonna be a fun experience playing Blood Bowl

i was in there a little while back and the guy at the counter was showing me and another customer the new BB Skaven dice pack

and i, for a moment because i thought the dice were genuinely cool and was excited, forgot where i was and blurted "oh those look dope, brah" and they both gave me that kinda slow Stewie head turn and i was like

...oh

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    weird question but who on here made those really weird man horse comics that got really nsfw real quick?

That is super vague but I know someone is going to know what I am talking about.

Are you referring to Team_Special_Olympics' Humanimals comics, other known works of his being the book about wizards as well as MSPaintAdventures?

Yes that is exactly what I was referring to. Is he still active? He was a pretty good artist.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

It's not that I'm assuming it'll be awful

It's more that I'm reserving judgement absent positive confirmation to the contrary

• Options
    edited December 2016

holy fucking shit

i will fucking buy this

i am not even fucking joking

are you kidding

this is amazing

Wesley Snipes is basically writing what is obviously author insertion Blade fanfic but with the serial numbers filed off so Marvel doesn't sue his ass

mother of fucking god

Pony on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Talon of God
    By Wesley Snipes
    (and some guy who did all the real writing)

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

"proceeds of sales go to the IRS"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

It's not that I'm assuming it'll be awful

It's more that I'm reserving judgement absent positive confirmation to the contrary
    “Wait,” she said, looking around in confusion. “Where did—”

She cut off as one of the wheeled beds in the corner rattled and slid sideways. That was all the warning Lauryn got before the man exploded toward her, leaping off the floor between the beds like a tiger. It happened so fast, she didn’t even have time to scream. She just dove sideways, knocking Will out of the way as well as the man flew past where they’d been to land in the cluster of terrified staff behind them.

What happened after was a maelstrom of bodies and blood and screams. All around the room, bloody eyed patients were ripping themselves out of their beds and turning on the hospital staff like ravenous lions. The nurses tried to run, but the room was too crowded and the panic slowed them down, making them easy prey for the gray skinned monsters their patients had become. By the time Lauryn had pushed herself off Will, the screams were competing with the unmistakable sound of tearing flesh. The sound alone was enough to make even Lauryn want to vomit. That was what she was concentrating on when something grabbed her and yanked her off the floor.

The moment the hand closed around her arm, she began to fight, flailing wildly in an effort to keep whatever it was away.

“Stop,” commanded a familiar voice. “It’s me.”

Lauryn blinked at the sound and looked up to see Talon standing over her, sword in hand.

It was a sign of just how messed up this whole situation was that the sight of a crazy man with a gleaming blade was almost enough to make her cry with relief. If things had been less dire, she would have, but Lauryn was too busy to break down right now.

“We have to get out of here!” she cried, grabbing his sleeve. “They’re changing like Lenny!”

“They are,” Talon agreed. “But we can’t run.”

“Why do you always say that?” she hissed as Talon reached down to grab Will next. “This isn’t like under the bridge. Running is the only plan. We’re facing a full blown outbreak!”

She didn’t realize how true those words were until she said them. All around the room, the bitten victims, including the tech she’d bandaged less than a minute earlier, were pulling themselves up from where they’d fallen. They rose like marionettes, their bodies cracking and bending at unnatural angles.

“You know, running is starting to sound like a great idea,” Will said, glancing backwards at the heavy fire doors where all the medical staff lucky enough to be away from the beds when the situation had gone to hell were currently fighting each other to get out. “Let’s—”

“We have to stay here,” Talon said, his voice firm. “Look at them. They’re hunters. If we run, they’ll chase, and then there’ll be nothing to stop them from infecting the whole hospital.”

“Oh, come on!” Will yelled. “That’s bullshit. They’re druggies, not zombies.”

Lauryn wasn’t so sure about that. By this point, most of the hospital staff who could run had done so, fleeing through the fire doors down the hall that led to the elevators. Behind them, the patients were in hot pursuit, their crooked bodies becoming more graceful—more predatory—with every step they took. It was like seeing the birth of a new kind of hunter in slow motion, and as she watched it go down, Lauryn realized—in one way at least-Talon was absolutely right. Whatever happened, whatever was actually going on here, they could not let those things get up to the rest of the patients in the main hospital. She was still trying to figure out how to do that when a fresh chorus of screams rang out from the hall as the fleeing workers were taken down. This was followed by a few seconds of eerie silence, and then the creatures reappeared, stalking back inside the ward toward Lauryn, Will, and Talon.

The only prey left.

“That’s it,” Will said, raising his gun. “We need to run now. Stick close to me. We’ll take the fire escape up to the street and—”

“No!” Lauryn said, grabbing his arm. “Talon’s right. We can’t run.”

Will’s face went blank in disbelief. Lauryn couldn’t blame him. They were now the only unchanged people left in the giant ward filled with…she didn’t even know what to call them. Monsters felt wrong, but they were definitely no longer human.

She scanned the room once more. At this point, every one of the original patients who’d been brought in had torn themselves off their gurneys. The rest of the medical staff—both the ones who’d run and those who’d been caught before they could—were down on the ground, but a few of the bodies were already twitching, their bloody eyes flying open in that horrified expression Lauryn had come to dread. The first ones were starting to rise, their gray, corpse-colored bodies slowly taking on the terrifying and oddly inhuman predator movement she’d seen before. Soon enough, they’d realize they didn’t need to chase these three, and then the attack would come.

Under any other circumstances, that would have been cause for panic. Now though, with seven floors of vulnerable patients waiting above them, it gave Lauryn an idea.

“We can’t let them get upstairs,” she whispered, gripping Will’s arm as hard as she could. “We have to keep them down here somehow.”

“Are you crazy?” Will hissed. “We can’t stay here!”

“They haven’t attacked us yet,” she pointed out. An observation that made no sense now that she thought about it. “I wonder—”

“It’s the sword,” Talon said quietly, gripping the bright blade in his hands. “Demons are cowardly by nature. They only attack when they think they can win.”

“Yeah, well, you might want to check the odds on that,” Will muttered, clutching his gun. “’Cause they seem to be getting less afraid by the second.”

He was right. The longer they stood without attacking, the bolder the changed patients became. Already, they were inching forward, surrounding the three of them in a ring of red eyes and long teeth. If they didn’t move soon, they’d be cornered completely. The problem was if running upstairs wasn’t an option, Lauryn didn’t know where to go. Other than the fire doors, the burn ward didn’t even have other rooms save for the bathrooms in the hall and the pharmaceutical closet at the room’s far end. The one with reinforced, key locked door designed to protect hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of prescription medication…

Right.

“Follow me!” she cried, pushing off the wall.

“Follow you where?” Will yelled as Talon ran after her. “Lauryn!”

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I wonder if Wesley Snipes dictated the manuscript in character as Blade

"Blade thinks we need to tighten up act 2"

• Options
    Talon of God
    By Wesley Snipes
    (and some guy who did all the real writing)

I 100% believe that while Ray Norman did all the real grunt work of writing it, the story and ideas came right from Wesley's brain.

Like they probably had jam sessions where Wesley was like "And then, Talon like... Ray are you writing this down... then he rescues her and... and then there's a tiger and..." and Ray is just taking notes

then he composes the prose

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Do you suppose that's the same Ray Norman as this Ray Norman?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

Yes that is exactly what I was referring to. Is he still active? He was a pretty good artist.

I don't think he's been active here for years, not exactly sure what project he might be doing now but I think he just wrapped up Homestuck this year

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    GOD IN HEAVEN

This discussion has been closed.