Options

Welcome to [chat], magicians

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    So it just simplifies to 10^15 = 3^7*5^3*x^10 I think.

according to wolfram it's $( x = \dfrac{e^{3/2}}{3^{7/10} 5^{3/10}} )$

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    So it just simplifies to 10^15 = 3^7*5^3*x^10 I think.

"simplifies"

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Ultimately, every insult can be dismantled as offensive and argued against.

Because insults are meant to be offensive. Causing offense is their point.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't dismantle them. But really maybe just the really egregious ones, okay? I will never stop calling people slinky-faced dinklewhompers no matter what you tell me about it.

I just call people Drez. Its the nuclear weapon of insults.

:( that's too mean

To those other people

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Today has been so slow at my job my wife linked me a video on the dark ages to watch. I didn't because the next time I listen to her will be the first, but you know thought that counts.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Anyway I'm at the Assassin's Creed movie! So excited! I assume it's the best movie ever!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I've been looking through the post-game analyses of my matches and it looks like I have issues with the end game

you'd think with fewer pieces on the board that would be a lot simpler! but the number of viable moves is way higher as the board opens up and i keep making critical fuck ups

chess why you so hard

you love trading bishops for knights too you know

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    We got effectively a private screen of Moana last night. It was good!

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    'Neckbeard' is a slur basically akin to 'retard' and people oughtn't use it.
    Huh? How do you figure?
    I don't think it's that bad but I do pretty much agree with this comic that it ought to be avoided.

everydayfeminism.com/2016/02/neckbeard-cartoon/

OK, that comic makes a good point and I will refrain from using Neckbeard as an insult from now on.

I can still use fedora-wearer as an insult tho can't I??

I've found the term neckbeard is more associated with no true scotsman and general toxicity found in most niche cultures than physical unkemptness. Often stereotypically (and anecdotally) associated with brick and mortar interactions of said niche. I wouldn't call that guy a neckbeard unless he rolled his eyes at me because I asked a relatively normal question about the thing he fetishized.

https://youtu.be/AzRAmoKtrZg

I am down to switch to a better word, but I think people will choose to be insulted regardless.

Ha ha I think that video is super way off base. Making lists and charts is just the way some people enjoy themselves. Just like some people (like Randall Monroe) do data analysis for fun. I'm one of the biggest fans of Mass Effect that you'll meet (though no where near the biggest fan on these boards) to the point that I have a Mass Effect tattoo and I would agree that I do fetishize the series. I've never made a list of my favorite galaxies nor extrapolated who would make the best couple amongst my companions, not because I don't fetishize the series but because those specific things are not part of what I enjoy.

If anything I think that video is specifically targeting people on the autism spectrum (notice the way the lady is unable to look at the guy directly), though I don't think the producers of the show knew that at the time, they were just describing "that sort of person we've all met who can't look people in the eye and has written a data map of Star Trek episodes."

I was more going with the way she immediately took it personally and was reporting him to her supervisor and making assumptions that he would be on her side if he understood the thing.

I see what you're saying about autism, but socially anxiety and ineptitude also exist outside the autism spectrum. Just because someone doesn't make eye contact with their bosses bosses boss doesn't mean they're autistic.

Also I wouldn't be arguing as hard if the comic character hadn't had a goddamn ponytail because of course he has a goddamn ponytail.

Ok sorry, I'm done ranting now.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Anyway I'm at the Assassin's Creed movie! So excited! I assume it's the best movie ever!
    Oh, you poor bastard. :O

Let us know what you think of it. I'm probably going to go see it because: 1) I'm lonely as fuck 2) I'm morbidly curious 3) I like Fassbender.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    The problem with "Neckbeard" is that is started as a term used to disparage guys for not meeting arbitrary standards of attractiveness. The neckbeard itself is most closely associated with Amish men, who do not shave their beards after marriage, but are forbidden to wear a mustache, and so intentionally grow a "neck beard". It was then applied to the stereotype of "fat guys who can only grow hair on their neck", thus encapsulating both body shaming and toxic masculinity (because for some reason volume and area of body hair growth has always been associated with general "manliness"), and only later did that stereotype become so entwined with "nerd" that the term shifted meaning.

If you really want to call someone out for being a pedantic asshole, call them a pedantic asshole.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    These hotwings are giving me the vapors. Can you get drunk off hotwings?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

That's just septic shock. Continue eating,

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

hmm do they have download codes for the pc version

• Options

Seriously? I thought you were joking about seeing that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I've been looking through the post-game analyses of my matches and it looks like I have issues with the end game

you'd think with fewer pieces on the board that would be a lot simpler! but the number of viable moves is way higher as the board opens up and i keep making critical fuck ups

chess why you so hard

we've played two games

you don't know me

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    til Sylvester Stallone draws, paints, and has exhibited at major galleries

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/jonathanjonesblog/2016/dec/21/stallone-trump-arts-job

• Options

chess why you so hard

we've played two games

you don't know me

It's right here in your Tinder profile.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    one excellent point i do think the comic quid posted made is that when feminists and other progressives, specifically, use neckbeard to slam men for being misogynistic cretins with shit opinions and viewpoints

it preeeeeeeettttttty much gives a pass to dudes like Milo fuckface

and it leads to CNN articles about sexy young neo-nazis

like when we associate moral decrepitude with physical ugliness, it means the pretty people who are ugly inside sneak right in there

Pony on
  • Options
    oh i ain't post that everyday feminism comic

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Christ I need a new job

And for my life to generally not be garbage

And for me to cease existing, possibly replaced by someone not fundamentally maladapted for society

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

chess why you so hard

we've played two games

you don't know me

It's right here in your Tinder profile.

oh mb

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    i agree with the principle tho that powerpuppies is stunningly good looking and slides under the radar despite also being a sybaritic, bigoted pervert

• Options

That's just septic shock. Continue eating,
    I remember that show

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    one excellent point i do think the comic chu posted made is that when feminists and other progressives, specifically, use neckbeard to slam men for being misogynistic cretins with shit opinions and viewpoints

it preeeeeeeettttttty much gives a pass to dudes like Milo fuckface

and it leads to CNN articles about sexy young neo-nazis

like when we associate moral decrepitude with physical ugliness, it means the pretty people who are ugly inside sneak right in there

Quid posted the comic, but yeah.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I swear

like, once a week I get a ticket for "I don't know how to install/configure/use [program]"

from the devs responsible for coding [program]

what the fuck are we paying these people for?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    oh i ain't post that everyday feminism comic

berenstain bears

• Options
    i'm sorry cambiata but what

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    I swear

like, once a week I get a ticket for "I don't know how to install/configure/use [program]"

from the devs responsible for coding [program]

what the fuck are we paying these people for?

Their ability to make nachos is fucking legendary. Like its not velveta but it spreads like it is and keeps being warm and gooey well past when that should still be going on.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I wanna go home and play video games

Retail is miserable, fuck Christmas

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    pretty people are allowed to hunt us for sport

• Options

damn right we are

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    i'm sorry cambiata but what

the "but yeah" is just me agreeing with your post.

• Options

Hahaha. You think pretty people want anything to do with us.

• Options
    Or did I miss the joke and you're doing a "we have always been at war with Eastasia" thing?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh @Orphane @cB557 @P10

Ng8sZKl.png

All

op7962W.png

Shall

Rtq0gKb.png

Be

Mf0u4AO.png

Well

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    you know i'm doing a bit right

• Options
    Or did I miss the joke and you're doing a "we have always been at war with Eastasia" thing?

bazinga

• Options
    you know i'm doing a bit right

• Options
    My feeble work brain is too caught up in the boringest of shit work, I do not have the mental real estate to comprehend "bits"

This discussion has been closed.