As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of the Year with your pals at Giant Bomb

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Yo, I'm down to hear about Fire Emblem

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    edit: wrong thread!

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    What's heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks

The pound of feathers.
    The bricks are just bricks: compressed baked dirt.
    But with the feathers you also carry the guilt of what you did to those birds.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    man...I didn't play the latest 3DS FE...should I correct this?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Oh man I'm losing it at the antibiotics question. "People could become addicted"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Wait

If he thinks there is air in space what does he think spacesuits are for

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    LOL so Nintendo does intend to keep the 3DS alive a bit longer huh?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    There's an air in space museum...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

it was bad

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    LOL so Nintendo does intend to keep the 3DS alive a bit longer huh?

Up to the point that they know the Switch can replace it. If the Switch bombs then they can fall back on the 3ds and make a different handheld successor.

It's the same sort of things they were saying about the DS when it launched, 3rd pillar and all that, not replacing the gba.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    It was a better game than Awakening in many ways but also marred by the nickel-and-diming, downright bad story, and less memorable cast

I enjoyed it more than Awakening, and loved it far less

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular

If you liked Awakening then Birthright should be up your alley, though the characters aren't as good. If you liked the older games then Conquest is excellent, though the plot is absolute garbage.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    alex is actually worse about science I think because he will act like he knows something and be condescending about it when he is in fact totally whiffing it

Oh the way Rorie is about everything?

Maybe I just don't pay close enough attention, but I've never really gotten that vibe from Rorie. It seems like every time I hear him make some grand knowing proclamation or whatever, there's always an 'I could be wrong but' or an 'as far as I know' or an 'I'm pretty sure' in there somewhere. I've never felt like he was any more 'I'm definitely right' than any of the other bombers.

But then people seem to have a lot of problems with Rorie that I don't see, so I fully admit it could just be me.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Wait

If he thinks there is air in space what does he think spacesuits are for

i mean there's air at the south pole but you need protective gear if you're gonna work there

that's not that crazy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Houk wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    alex is actually worse about science I think because he will act like he knows something and be condescending about it when he is in fact totally whiffing it

Oh the way Rorie is about everything?

Maybe I just don't pay close enough attention, but I've never really gotten that vibe from Rorie. It seems like every time I hear him make some grand knowing proclamation or whatever, there's always an 'I could be wrong but' or an 'as far as I know' or an 'I'm pretty sure' in there somewhere. I've never felt like he was any more 'I'm definitely right' than any of the other bombers.

But then people seem to have a lot of problems with Rorie that I don't see, so I fully admit it could just be me.

I like Rorie but every time he talks about WoW I go nooooooooooooooooooooo, and I haven't even played Legion at all. I also kinda hate how he outright dismisses any MMO that isn't WoW. Any other topic he does that I just laugh it off, but something about WoW rubs me the wrong way so I figure it's that but x100 for other people.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    There's an air in space museum...

I've been there, it's a huge open room filled with oxygen

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Look, if Dan mistook the aether that fills the region above terrestrial space with ordinary air, that's not that big a deal. He's no scientist, he shouldn't be expected to have intimate knowledge of the four elements.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Dan being stubborn about food was forever vindicated by Vinny's reaction to Dan considering Chipotle burritos "a little ritzy".

Vinny is absolutely the Giant Bomb person most capable of keeping Dan honest

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    aether theory was prevalent until 1887, fuck

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Rorie put all of his points into technological and administrative talents and completely neglected the Charisma stat.

• Options

I was legit surprised to see that when I visited Wikipedia.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Time to bring it back

If flat earthers can get traction, we can definitely get this going again

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I would love a Dollop style podcast with Vinny and Dan about science stories. Keep it shorter at maybe a half an hour each and I would listen to that in a heartbeat.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I listened to the first 8 minutes or so of that science quiz and Dan seems a whole lot smarter than the way people in this thread talk about him would lead me to believe.

Well, maybe smarter is the wrong word, but I guess it's telling that "able to remember and understand some basic concepts" seems like a huge step up from my image of him.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's worth noting that a lot of people can really overreact to minor things on the podcasts

some innocuous comment gets interpreted as OH MY GOD THAT IS SO OFFENSIVE HOW COULD HE SAY THAT THING

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    everything I know about schrodinger's cat I learned from nethack and VLR

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    EA is already talking about their E3 plans. Or at least their Not-E3 plans, given they'll be doing an external event again.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/98651/eas-pre-e3-event-ea-play-will-take-place-from-june-10-12-in-a-new-venue

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I don't really mind the whole external event that happens to coincide with the event they used to go to anyway, but it must suck for anyone covering the events in person instead of the whole online commentary thing that GB do for the conferences now.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    hey if it results in Weed4 and not Pele3 I'm fine with another EA event

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I always mentally tune out the part of EA events where a sports star comes out on to stage for a while, I completely forgot about how excited that one dude was to meet Pele and nobody else seemed to care.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    My two favorite EA E3 things were DaHoopGawd and the year where they had some random guy come out and do some basketball themed poetry

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Are you Da Hoop Gawd?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Are you Da Hoop Gawd?

More that he said follow him on twitter and the account was either not created yet or just created that day

• Options
    Are you Da Hoop Gawd?

More that he said follow him on twitter and the account was either not created yet or just created that day

https://youtu.be/_qmmB8kB5O0?t=72

• Options
    related video hole produced this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCd7y-iGDdo

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Are you Da Hoop Gawd?

It was the wrong account, IIRC. He was "thahoopgawd" but they put "thehoopgawd" on screen.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    He HAD to be fucking with them

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    see those sort of gags I don't like out of Vinny. Repeating and lingering on the same thing far too long. Like my gags snappy and disposable. Which Alex does pretty well.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I agree that the Fire Boyolt bit went on long but for some reason it was still funny to me for some reason

maybe because you can hear Vinny stretching for more fire-esque names that aren't Fireball.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Hells of content tomorrow:

B6jvtbT.png

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
This discussion has been closed.