I have nothing but rage for Bobby Flay.

Mario Batali though I love.

Shinto on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    front_cover.jpg

This man, Rob Rainford

He is excited about everything, every single ingredient, all the way down to the smallest salt mineral. It is always fun to watch his show.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Shinto wrote: »

Food TV fired him.

:- /

Sheep on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Sleep wrote: »

Food TV fired him.

Batali?

Shinto on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Well i'd have to say Quizznos because i'm stuck on a campus.

Not to mention that Ohio isn't really known for a damn thing when it comes to cuisine. We just have imitations of everything a lot of promotional fast food.

I used to work at Quizno's.

Don't get the meatball sandwich.

Medopine on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't dig tv chefs, not sure why. Possibly its because I just get hungry at frustrated. I far prefer recipe books although having recently moved I don't have any - I really miss my Crank's Bible though. My plan while travelling is to spend a week either in Spain or Italy at a cooking school - although since I hate fish that might styme things a little.

I fully agree about the lowered expectations of the general populace. When people don't cook so often, or live off pre/partially made meals then even a simple dish can impress. Who would have thought being able to make macaroni would get one respect?

Anyway, i've been cooking pretty regularly for a decade now or so so i've got to that point where I am pretty confident with what I cook. I'll cook a new dish out of a recipe book for friends and be reasonably sure i'll make it well enough for them to enjoy it. I just wish I wasn't so lazy and actually cooked a bit more often, I eat far too many takeaways now.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Food TV fired him.

Batali?

Yup.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    What the hell is wrong with these people?

Shinto on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That makes no sense. At all. He was a jovial fellow who is also good at making foods. What more could they want?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    giadadelaurentiis025gl.jpg
    header_leftGutter.jpg
    293049471_a91b6c3ad0_o.jpg
    6yvvuk7.jpg

art.gif

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    NOOO SANDRA LEE N OOOO

And Rachael Ray's butt looks totally fake.

Medopine on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ahaha that picture of Rachel Ray.

Also, you missed one:

boobs.jpg
    boobs

Fats on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Didn't we have exactly this thread a couple of months ago...? Like, with the same commentary at the beginning and everything?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Fats wrote: »
    Ahaha that picture of Rachel Ray.

Also, you missed one:

boobs.jpg
    boobs

She also has a great butt. But she's not a Food TV personality.
    And Rachael Ray's butt looks totally fake.

I would still put my wang in it and other places on her body.

Sheep on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh. Well, she should be.

(I don't get food TV/network/whatever, though I do watch good eats on youtube)

Fats on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Food Network. What's Food TV?

Medopine on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    Its not like Mario doesnt have a huge restaurant in Vegas to upkeep. The only food network lady that doesnt annoy me Is Paula. Shes so adorable. Rachel is alittle too peppy and the Italian Chick's show is more about shots of her face and her hands than food.

I love southern cooking, But to me its a food thats just as much about eating with family as it is about the flavors themselves. I also have extremely good cooks in my family. I miss Dirty Rice so much here at school.

I also have an appreciation for seafood though I can only eat shell fish. Crabs are really the deal here in Maryland, so its alright anyhow.

Iruka on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Medopine wrote: »

Not to mention that Ohio isn't really known for a damn thing when it comes to cuisine. We just have imitations of everything a lot of promotional fast food.

Wait. What?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Medopine wrote: »

Wait. What?

The policy for leftover meatballs is to put foil over them and put them in the back, then reheat them the next day. Very few meatball sandwiches get ordered per day. At one point we saved and reheated the same meatballs for over a week.

It grossed me out, especially since they weren't very good quality to begin with.

Medopine on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    464px-Joker-ritz.jpg

:shock:

Same smile. It's creepy.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Good Eats is without a doubt my favorite Food Network show. It's great to have a show that not only talks about how to make good food, but why that food tastes good. It's also great at showing me how to use old ingredients in different ways.

Probably the funniest one was the show where he showed people how to deep fry a turkey. There was a great deal of explosions and fire to illustrate just how dangerous the whole operation could be.

Jebu on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Good Eats is definitely my favorite Food Network show. Alton Brown just flat out awesome. My favorite episodes were the scallops episode, and the chili episode. I get a kick out of the guy that plays the goofy side-kick in those.

I really enjoyed the 2 seasons of Feasting on Asphalt that he's done too. I had to laugh when he stopped in Evansville, IN and had a brain sandwich. I lived down there for a while when I was younger and I pretty much thought the same thing about the sandwich as he did: "I really don't like brain sandwiches."

I learned to cook from mostly my mom, but I picked up some stuff from my dad too. He's big on shellfish and stuff so I learned any and all of that cooking from him since my poor mum is allergic. I'd say it was really my mom though that got me into cooking; we all got to help when we were younger and we all tended to hang out in the kitchen. Cooking is just fun to do. To see what you can put together as a whole from so many different ingredients. It feels great when something you cook really comes together.

Someone had mentioned The Frugal Gourmet earlier in the thread. That guy was awesome! I believe his real name was Jeff Smith. I used to watch him (with my mom) on PBS way back when he had a show. I've got one or two of his cookbooks now. One of them is a bunch of recipes of foods he had/made in other parts of the world. There is a recipe for Irish soda-bread in one of them that is absolutely my favorite bread to make. Very easy, and pretty damn quick for bread.

As a side-note: wtf, is that really Rachel Ray's ass?

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Giada looks like Harley Quinn.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    As a side-note: wtf, is that really Rachel Ray's ass?
    That picture reeks of Photoshop. Her smile isn't that wide and her ass ain't that big. Any photographer would look at that and go "this will never see the light of day".

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    464px-Joker-ritz.jpg

:shock:

Same smile. It's creepy.
    harley2py2.jpg

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I unwittingly ate cabeza (calf brains, and I still can't give blood because of it) once while I was in Puerto Rico with my stepfather's family. All in all, I'd say it's pretty fucking pointless. There's no flavor to it, and there's so little "edible" meat available from if that it just seems excessive. So yeah, I'd agree with Alton on that one, just not very tasty, even in a taco.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I unwittingly ate cabeza (calf brains, and I still can't give blood because of it) once while I was in Puerto Rico with my stepfather's family. All in all, I'd say it's pretty fucking pointless. There's no flavor to it, and there's so little "edible" meat available from if that it just seems excessive. So yeah, I'd agree with Alton on that one, just not very tasty, even in a taco.
    You probably share something with my avatar now.
    Mad cow.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mad cow actually occurs less frequently in areas where beef brain is eaten, for whatever reason.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    God I love Harley Quinn.

sorry.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What about Jacques Pepin? Geeze. Respect yo.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    DragDrag Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not enough love for Gordon Ramsay around these parts, aside from the 2nd post. Kitchen Nightmares is a fantastic cooking/business show, even though he gives almost the exact same advice and prepares similar food for every single restaurant.

Just the British one is actually great, though. The one on FOX is pretty trashy (although moderately entertaining).

Drag on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What about Jacques Pepin? Geeze. Respect yo.

Yes. I could watch an episode of Jacques and Julia every day for the rest of my life. Those two were awesome together.

Alton Brown is pretty much the man. I tried making his free range fruitcake and, no lie, it's the fruitcake that will stop you from making jokes about fruitcake. It's fucking delicious.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I fucking love Alton Brown + Good Eats. What's great about Good Eats is instead of just showing you how to make recipe X, he shows you how to cook.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    I fucking love Alton Brown + Good Eats. What's great about Good Eats is instead of just showing you how to make recipe X, he shows you how to cook.

True. Thanks to him, I've invented recipes. Invented! And not just stir-fry shit and "what will go on my hamburger today?" recipes either - like, baking recipes.

Edit: OK, when I say "invented" I mean, been eating something and been like "this is pretty good but it's be even better if it were this way" and then made it like that. Still a pretty big leap for me in something like baking, where i've always considered the recipe to be law.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Shoggoth wrote: »

True. Thanks to him, I've invented recipes. Invented! And not just stir-fry shit and "what will go on my hamburger today?" recipes either - like, baking recipes.

Edit: OK, when I say "invented" I mean, been eating something and been like "this is pretty good but it's be even better if it were this way" and then made it like that. Still a pretty big leap for me in something like baking, where i've always considered the recipe to be law.

That's basically the distinction between makin' stuff and cooking, and it's a big step to make.

I remember the first recipe I ever concocted all on my own. Cubed salmon inside a portabello cap covered in a mango salsa based on a recipe I made that I thought was fairly original. Too bad every wannabe chef from here to California made something almost exactly the same at some point in their lives.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't have a favourite TV chef I'm afraid, but I do enjoy Iron Chef and random cooking shows.

For cuisines, my absolute favourite is Italian. It is hands down the superior cuisine of the world (:D debate on!).
    The risottos, the pasta, the rich tomato sauces, the rich cheeses and creamy sauces, the soups. Mmmmmmm. Thinking about just a basil and olive oil pasta now is making me drool.
    And I love cooking risotto, it's just one of the most relaxing things I can do to come home and put on a big pot of arborio and gradually stir in the stock.

Also, here in Adelaide, Australia, we have some great variety in cuisine (look at a map quickly). A bunch of Thai, Malaysian, Vietnamese, Indonesian flavours surround me at University.
    I only realised a few years ago the awesomeness of coconut milk thingies. A good Malaysian Laksa is just amazing, and Thai curries can be superb.
    And although it doesn't involve coconut milk, Vietnamese Pho Bo is one of my favourite dishes.

Oh, edit- I'm not sure if I just hate Mexican food, or if Mexican food in Adelaide really sucks major balls.

Solvent on
    I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Shit, now I really want risotto and I know I'm not going to have time to make it for at least a week.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Solvent wrote: »
    *snippity*

Oh, edit- I'm not sure if I just hate Mexican food, or if Mexican food in Adelaide really sucks major balls.

Australia's really not the country for Mexican food, seeing as how we have fuck-all Mexicans. But real Mexican food is really good. Go to Mexico sometime.

Also, Thai food pisses chilli all over Italian food.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Solvent wrote: »
    *snippity*

Australia's really not the country for Mexican food, seeing as how we have fuck-all Mexicans.

Yeah... I'd assumed that bit.

Also- we have plenty of good Middle-Eastern food around if you're game to seek it out.

Solvent on
    I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    There were pubs that tried to do Mexican food when I was living in England. It was pretty terrible across the board.

Wonder_Hippie on