As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat], how do you make your coffee?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    "We totally should emulate the South!"
    "Oh no doubt, Trevor. Those cats got it all figured out."
    "Dammit, Chet, they're perfect! I feel stupid for not living there already!"
    "Tell me about it, brah"
    "I mean, not a single flaw."
    "No sir. None."
    "Well, obviously, the teenage pregnancy rate could be better, but whose couldn't?"
    "Yeah, and just because their educational system is broken and not producing capable student doesn't make them any less better than New York City."
    "And I don't even see the vast poverty and government dependence as a flaw, really! You gotta have vassals and sharecroppers, right?"
    "Oh god yes. Just like the kings of old."
    "Right! You get it, man."
    "Totally. The racial animosity and disparity is just the icing on the cake."
    "Here here!"

--*ten years later*--

"Chet, I've come to the realization I'm an just asshole who really likes biscuits and fried chicken."

It tickles my fanny to think that Chet and Trevor think they're the nobles and not the servants.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    I have been at work for two hours and have yet to see another human being.

Boss angrily standing at your desk, your hands over your eyes, "If I can't see you, you're not really here!"

HA, nice try, but my boss is on PTO!

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    meme should be spelt meem

but it's pronounced me-me so
    dear god don't pronounce it me-me

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

however it would be pleasing if someone stubbornly and affectedly stuck to a french pronunciation (like même) since that's presumably the root of it

I'm fairly sure the root is Dawkins analogizing ideas that spread to genes spreading, and designing a word that is explicitly supposed to sound like gene?

oh wait really? I thought it was like, meme chose/same thing. Have never really looked it up

wait no I am not going to go look this up but I'll trust someone to look it up and tell me

That is the case, I am uptalking to not sound combative :P

huh; I stand corrected. This is good to know so I can now give this trivia to other clueless olds
    Arch wrote: »

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

however it would be pleasing if someone stubbornly and affectedly stuck to a french pronunciation (like même) since that's presumably the root of it

I'm fairly sure the root is Dawkins analogizing ideas that spread to genes spreading, and designing a word that is explicitly supposed to sound like gene?

oh wait really? I thought it was like, meme chose/same thing. Have never really looked it up

wait no I am not going to go look this up but I'll trust someone to look it up and tell me

It was Dawkins. Probably the best contribution he's made to society, depending on your point of view

I obviously(?) am a Dawkins fan. It was awesome when he came to gave a talk at Janelia Research Campus! My lab really enjoyed it.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Feel so tired this morning and I have sinus pressure. Today is not going to be my finest moment.

a decidedly low bar

hey hey.....

hey

like a tortoise competing on the high jump

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Someone in work earlier said me-me and I still have a nosebleed from it.

Have you heard someone say "May-may" yet?

Exquisite pain.

Hah no way that happens.

That's just ludicrous.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    mispronouncing meme is itself a meme

make u think

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    What if the nazi turns around and defends himself by kicking your ass tho

But what if you hit him and candy falls out and it turns out he was just a Nazi pinata?

Holy shit is a Nazi pinata in bad taste?

Because like for real you get that hitting a Nazi feeling + candy and that just seems like a good time.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

huh; I stand corrected. This is good to know so I can now give this trivia to other clueless olds

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

It was Dawkins. Probably the best contribution he's made to society, depending on your point of view

I obviously(?) am a Dawkins fan. It was awesome when he came to gave a talk at Janelia Research Campus! My lab really enjoyed it.

It looks like I am wrong on the etymology (it's a shortening of a Greek word) but he does say it should be rhymed with "cream" and I swear I read that that was intentional somewhere.

• Options
    I have been at work for two hours and have yet to see another human being.

The most seattle job ever.

I usually wfh on Friday. I guess everyone else does, too.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I currently have the This Is Fine Doge comic hanging in my cube where everyone can see it.

Everyone is laughing and saying "Hell yeah, that's my day right there!"

Even the CEO.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

Designed to rhyme with "gene"

Hurts you in the spleen.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    - "milkshake" /= "ice cream and milk in a blender"

?

Yeah apparently it's just fucking blended milk and flavoring at some places up here

What you are looking for is a frappe

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Aioua wrote: »

make u think

metamemetic

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man I keep jumping into hots after each patch hoping that it will work... but no... still 14 fps. Wish they would fix the Maxwell issues already.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i don't think i know a lot of people who use the word "meme" in real life outside of people who've read dawkins

so i don't hear a lot of mispronunciations

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

It looks like I am wrong on the etymology (it's a shortening of a Greek word) but he does say it should be rhymed with "cream" and I swear I read that that was intentional somewhere.

Wait....Am I wrong???

*Googles*

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

But what if you hit him and candy falls out and it turns out he was just a Nazi pinata?

Because like for real you get that hitting a Nazi feeling + candy and that just seems like a good time.

we had a trump pinata at my election party

we beat him with a table leg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I got a few new plastic dragons and am going to have them wage war against some robots probably tonight

@Evil Multifarious @desc

My army will destroy your puny dragons

• Options

Shoulda got a voodoo doll.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

Wait....Am I wrong???

*Googles*

With how I've heard cream pronounced that doesn't clarify it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    oh good the promotion paperwork went through and i got a whole bonus paycheck basically

fuckin' yesssssss

• Options

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

mEEm, right?

Rhymes with beam?

Wait....Am I wrong???

*Googles*

With how I've heard cream pronounced that doesn't clarify it.

Wait... what?

Who pronounces cream different?

Cree-am? Crayme?

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    oh good the promotion paperwork went through and i got a whole bonus paycheck basically

fuckin' yesssssss

Buy me more dragons

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular

Shoulda got a voodoo doll.

where would they have gotten a lock of his hair from, though?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh god my dumb coworker had a fire at her condo (not hers but one nearby) but because she has literally nothing in her life its all she's talked about this morning.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

make u think

*drops chalk*

*is visibly shaken*

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    To be fair to southern_stereotypes, New York City has among the most segregated school districts in America, and has stubbornly refused to integrate at every turn

northern racism is just more polite

override367 on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    the nerve of some people

I mean if I want to narrate every boring detail of my dull ass life I'll come to chat

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    "We totally should emulate the South!"
    "Oh no doubt, Trevor. Those cats got it all figured out."
    "Dammit, Chet, they're perfect! I feel stupid for not living there already!"
    "Tell me about it, brah"
    "I mean, not a single flaw."
    "No sir. None."
    "Well, obviously, the teenage pregnancy rate could be better, but whose couldn't?"
    "Yeah, and just because their educational system is broken and not producing capable student doesn't make them any less better than New York City."
    "And I don't even see the vast poverty and government dependence as a flaw, really! You gotta have vassals and sharecroppers, right?"
    "Oh god yes. Just like the kings of old."
    "Right! You get it, man."
    "Totally. The racial animosity and disparity is just the icing on the cake."
    "Here here!"

--*ten years later*--

"Chet, I've come to the realization I'm an just asshole who really likes biscuits and fried chicken."

It tickles my fanny to think that Chet and Trevor think they're the nobles and not the servants.

Every poor conservative is just a temporarily embarrassed millionaire.

• Options

fuckin' yesssssss

Donate it to me so I can fund something to keep my wine warm and also a weird sex dungeon

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    We are trapped here in Console Freeplay. We cannot get out. We hear the howling of PAX attendees. We have barred the gates, but they keep coming. Drums, drums, echoing in the dark...

We cannot get out.

They are coming...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    To be fair to southern_stereotypes, New York City has among the most segregated school districts in America, and has stubbornly refused to integrate at every turn

northern racism is just more polite

As another poster said here, welcome to the Alt-North.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    - "milkshake" /= "ice cream and milk in a blender"

?

Yeah apparently it's just fucking blended milk and flavoring at some places up here

What you are looking for is a frappe

yes so I have heard

Boston is the w o r s t

people from western mass seem to mostly say "milkshake" for milk+icecream, Pinecone kind of goes back and forth and he's from a suburb of Boston

it's very localized

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Watching the latest season of Workaholics and I'm not finding this funny anymore.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I'm looking at stuff to do in Berlin next weekend. Basically everything on Tripadvisor is about Holocaust memorials which, eh, it's not that kind of holiday.

• Options
    Bleric how is this funny

Right now, memes are kind of post-dadaist humor, I don't really know how to explain it beyond that

Fuck it is Dadaist isn't it... Shit

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

fuckin' yesssssss

Buy me more dragons

which dragons do you have right now btw

sounds like you're trying Lylyth 1 today, right? She's pretty decent. Parasite is a fantastic spell.

Apparently Legion players are gravitating toward Lylyth 2 (pincushion is amazing for a gunline) and 3 lately. Her battle engine version is weird, I'm not sure how she'd play.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

make u think

U5r1GvT.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    urgh I hate math

my book is pretty terse, despite being a thousand page behemoth (plus appendices)

luckily, there's khan academy!

telescoping series are witchcraft and I do not trust them at all

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular

fuckin' yesssssss

g e t p a i d

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
This discussion has been closed.