As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] More like Fashionframe!

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    There are times when I think "maybe I should stop trying to pound nails into a board with a spatula" and then I just drop another Forma into something and hope for the best. >.>

All kidding aside, tossed one into my Sonicor (first? Second?) and another into my Soma Prime (third, I think?) and am pretty happy with it.

Plus, I've now got Volt Prime finally done, a new Primary, Secondary, Melee, and figured fuck it let's get a Forma into Carrier Prime, so basically I'm hitting up endless shit and just soaking the exp.

... to be fair I am MR 18, so it's not like my stuff is useless. Nice to see the Mastery exp bar jump a little per mission for once, normally it's so incremental with just one or two new things getting levelled it seems to take forever.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I got a Hell's Chamber last night. Now with that and Scattered Justice my Hek is even more ridiculous.

It's still mostly blast and electric damage though, on top of the puncture. I wish I had mods to make it toxic so it'd be more compatible with my Saryn Prime.

Oh well. Things I shoot with it basically disintegrate anyway, so not like I need to worry about putting DoTs on things my reticle hovers over.

Getting to mastery 8 is a long, slow slog. Going to be forever before I get 12 and can get the Vaykor Hek.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Aistan wrote: »
    I got a Hell's Chamber last night. Now with that and Scattered Justice my Hek is even more ridiculous.

It's still mostly blast and electric damage though, on top of the puncture. I wish I had mods to make it toxic so it'd be more compatible with my Saryn Prime.

Oh well. Things I shoot with it basically disintegrate anyway, so not like I need to worry about putting DoTs on things my reticle hovers over.

Getting to mastery 8 is a long, slow slog. Going to be forever before I get 12 and can get the Vaykor Hek.

For me the happy place was finally getting enough shotty damage to max antimatter drop in one shot. Because sometimes the tile just needs to die in a half second or less. ;)

DreadBert on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Holy shit. Icy Avalanche for Frost is amazing.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Holy shot. Icy Avalanche for Frost is amazing.

It is perhaps the best augment ever, top three at the very least.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Looking up the Vaykor Hek it sounds like you can't put Scattered Justice onto it because it has the Justice effect by default? How does that work out with the multishot bonus, which is the real reason that mod is so good. Is that innate in that version of it as well or does it make up for it in other ways?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Looking up the Vaykor Hek it sounds like you can't put Scattered Justice onto it because it has the Justice effect by default? How does that work out with the multishot bonus, which is the real reason that mod is so good. Is that innate in that version of it as well or does it make up for it in other ways?

It makes up for it with a higher crit chance. They're fairly equal, only the regular Hek does big damage with lots of multishot and status, the Vaykor variant does big damage with high crit chance and big yellow/red numbers.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I guess if they are fairly equal in the end that's not such a big deal. Nice to free up one mod slot for other stuff, but not a thing I need to worry about how agonizingly slow it is taking to reach. Thanks.

• Options
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Holy shot. Icy Avalanche for Frost is amazing.

It is perhaps the best augment ever, top three at the very least.

Err, with that in mind, anyone have one to trade for a Perrin Sequence mod?

'Cause I have PS rep to spare.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Fixes wrote:
    Fixed some water in the Grineer Forest not playing splishy-splashy sounds when you prance through it.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I am so psyched for Bardframe.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I guess if they are fairly equal in the end that's not such a big deal. Nice to free up one mod slot for other stuff, but not a thing I need to worry about how agonizingly slow it is taking to reach. Thanks.

It is a significant increase in damage over the regular hek with scattered justice, it is a marginal increase without primed ravage, the primed crit mod from baro, but you can now get shrapnel shot from the moon, which makes it significantly better than the regular hek with the augment, without using a primed mod. The V Hek's burst, and sustained dps with even a mostly optimal build is better, in addition to the usability factor. It's got an 8 round magazine.
    All that said, it's very expensive to get a well performing V hek, and reletively cheap to get a well performing Scattered justice hek. The difference in mastery requirement is significant, as are the forma requirements, and the cost of leveling all the requisite mods up.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Decided to end the night farming a endless Meso run for some forma and ducat trash prime bp's.

Walked away with 3 forma and a War BP.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Sometime last year, I ended up buying the pack that includes War, because I figured with my luck I'd never get the blueprint (I rarely see the stalker as it is).

Now I have like 2 or 3 of them (the BPs) just sitting in my inventory.

Not that I regret it outright, I wanted the cosmetics and stuff too.

Just funny that the Stalker has apparently decided I need a collection of these things now.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I am 90% certain the day that I give up and buy the "What Stalker?" bundle even though I have everything else in it, just to get the despair BP, I will get a Despair BP and then only receive Despair BPs forever going forward.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm Lucky. If you hang out with me in the Dojo you're sure to catch the blueprints you'd like.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Is Despair tradable?

I don't believe War is, and neither of them are showing up on the Warframe Marketplace.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Is Despair tradable?

I don't believe War is, and neither of them are showing up on the Warframe Marketplace.

None of them are. Just Prime BPs/parts.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Nope not trade-able. I just want to help by infecting him with my luck.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Is Despair tradable?

I believe the only exceptions to that are the archwing, landing craft and Nezha parts. Is he still tradeable?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    When they made Nezha a Dojo frame they removed trading for him.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Is Despair tradable?

I believe the only exceptions to that are the archwing, landing craft and Nezha parts. Is he still tradeable?

Oh, and stuff like Snipetron, Latron Wraith, and other invasion rewards afaik.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Is Despair tradable?

Na, none of the Stalker's stuff is tradable (other than the landing craft part he can drop)

It's kinda funny, I've had Despair and Hate drop a couple of times in the last few months and pretty much every time one drops, someone on the team is freaking out because they have FINALLY completed their Stalker set after YEARS of trying.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So I should buy a blueprint for a companion before a new frame, right? I'm looking at the dethcube right now. Is there a better one? I'm playing as Excalibur if that helps.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Super Stalker showed up when I was doing an excavation for a helmet I wanted. Other than killing my new Carrier Prime he was easier than the original version. So there's that worry gone at least.

• Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    So I should buy a blueprint for a companion before a new frame, right? I'm looking at the dethcube right now. Is there a better one? I'm playing as Excalibur if that helps.

Carrier. Carrier is your little floaty robotic butler who scoops up aaaaaaaall the loot in a radius around you and brings it to you, as well as makes sure you never ever run out of ammo 'cause of its special precept.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I apparently picked up all the pieces of Nova Prime at some point so that's now in the oven.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Carrier. Carrier is your little floaty robotic butler who scoops up aaaaaaaall the loot in a radius around you and brings it to you, as well as makes sure you never ever run out of ammo 'cause of its special precept.

Everyone has Vacuum now, not just Carrier. But yeah, Carrier gives you both increased ammo capacity and a free ammo mutation.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Anything but dethcube is a superior option, unfortunately

But also Carrier is the best

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Limbo Theorem....worst frame quest ever.

"Hello! We want you to grind interceptions and excavations FOREVER with no real special missions at all!"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    That sounds kiiiiinda like what I do with my time anyway...

As opposed to the one for Nidus, which got replaced by a 50% off market coupon and 100 plat, because screw that.

• Options
    I actualy got nidus really easily.

I did buy Hema when I got a -50% coupon because. . .common. . .really?

• Options
    Limbo Theorem....worst frame quest ever.

"Hello! We want you to grind interceptions and excavations FOREVER with no real special missions at all!"

The worst part of it for me is... I have a Limbo. Helped a guy chew through a bunch of the quests, and apparently it gave me the pieces as well, even though I wasn't on the quest itself.

So mine is stuck at the part where I have to craft a Limbo helmet, and I'm like "It's right there! On that Frame!"

I mean, I'm not 'stuck' so much as 'don't really want to build it a second time just to clear out the quest'.

Also I think I've bitched about this before, but it continues to mock me whenever I scroll through the active mission/sortie/etc list.

• Options
    I actualy got nidus really easily.

I did buy Hema when I got a -50% coupon because. . .common. . .really?

Eh. I just don't wanna do Glast and farm Kuva. I'm looking forward to doing Mirage/Limbo though, they sound like fun. I accept my strangeness. (Now I just need to get around to doing the vault runs for the ciphers...)

• Options
    Looks like someone's buying some Forma bundles!

... Also rebuilding my Ember Prime since I just discovered .75/s was minimum energy drain, and I can drop some of the duration or efficiency as a result.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yup, time to start forma-ing Amprex and Nyx.
    And maybe finally finish leveling Rhino so I can dump him when my Oberon is done tonight.

• Options
    I can get Chroma back to 30 after that last forma, throw a few into Hema and level a bunch of MR fodder I have laying around.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Nice, carrier it is, thanks guys.

Steam: offday
This discussion has been closed.