Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    What does "whole fryer" mean wrt chicken?

I think that is a whole chicken.

Internet says a whole chicken between 2.5-4.5 lbs in size.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Fryer is a kinda chicken! Whole fryer means buying the whole thing, like a rotisserie chicken.

They are good for frying.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Arch, your cat is so fluffy!!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    The fuck is this poppy business ya'll talking about?

Will I regret asking this?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Vday is an interesting anniversary. Hard to forget since culture will remind you, tricky to get dinner reservations.

Although on second thought people celebrate the wedding, not the engagement anniversary.

Why not celebrate all anniversaries

That is my plan

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    has poppy done literally anything since it infested chat months ago to show it is anything but another mediocre singer trying to make it in LA, using bizarre but ultimately hollow marketing to mask that fact?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    CAT SELFIE

9TPJ6WHl.jpg

how'd I know you'd be the same size

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I refuse to let myself be... what's the english idiom for that anyway... I refuse to be disconcerted by teenagers.

But as I noticed her staring the sticky bit stuck to my fingers and I had to shake that off but couldn't and I couldn't really play it off as being completely unperturbed.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

There is a video on the previous play.

Yes you will regret wasting your time watching it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

You'll mildly regret it then forget it even happened later.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    So, Bae(A)'s roommate likes megaphones. He can often be found at burns and such, heckling people and causing a stir.

They got him a birthday gift of a larger megaphone, and one with some added features - in addition to voice amplification, this has a siren as well as a 'record' feature, so you could record a PSA or something and broadcast it on repeat.

They recorded Cotton Eyed Joe, then opened the casing and desoldered the 'record' button, meaning that it's stuck there. The megaphone can make your voice loud, play a siren, or play only Cotton Eyed Joe at 80dB.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    How long until this turns into stealth Justin Trudeau chat

You mean it wasn't from the start?

Every single one of my posts is secretly about my love for Justin

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Some people's relationships in [chat] are like young teenagers. Always horny and exciting.

Others are basically like those who have been together for 50 years. Comfortable and low key.

Why not be horny and low key

cross the streams!

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    bradley whitford is unrecognizable in this new jordan peele horror movie

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    So, Bae(A)'s roommate likes megaphones. He can often be found at burns and such, heckling people and causing a stir.

They got him a birthday gift of a larger megaphone, and one with some added features - in addition to voice amplification, this has a siren as well as a 'record' feature, so you could record a PSA or something and broadcast it on repeat.

They recorded Cotton Eyed Joe, then opened the casing and desoldered the 'record' button, meaning that it's stuck there. The megaphone can make your voice loud, play a siren, or play only Cotton Eyed Joe at 80dB.

feature not a bug

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    a google result for the relevant idiom, å bli vippet av pinnen, is a book about translating norwegian and english idioms back and forth and it does not seem to be worth the money because it says the translation is "to knock somebody off their perch"

which is exactly the sort of confusing direct translation the book claims to let you avoid

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Cats are awesome
    look at this awesome cat
    whose a good cat
    you are
    snuggles
    76nyF5Kl.jpg

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    a google result for the relevant idiom, å bli vippet av pinnen, is a book about translating norwegian and english idioms back and forth and it does not seem to be worth the money because it says the translation is "to knock somebody off their perch"

which is exactly the sort of confusing direct translation the book claims to let you avoid

thats sort of an english idiom

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

Broilers: Chickens 6 to 8 weeks old and weighing about 2 1/2 pounds
    Fryers: Chickens 6 to 8 weeks old and weighing 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds
    Roasters: Chickens less than 8 months old and weighing 3 1/2 to 5 pounds
    Stewing Chickens: Chickens (usually hens) over 10 months old and weighing 5 to 7 pounds
    Capons: Castrated males that weigh 6 to 8 pounds
    Cock/Rooster: Male chickens over 10 months old weighing 6 to 8 pounds

Oh so it's a REALLY STUPID NAMING SCHEME

But thanks! This is very useful, I had no idea if they were like, chickens that somehow were meant to be fried or like what.

I have never seen a whole cock for sale, though I have definitely seen cock soup.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    People who hate cats and/or dogs are weird.

Preferring one or the other is fine. Not having any special affection for them because you're like, allergic or something is understandable.

But every now and again you run into a self-identified "dog person" or "cat person" who is more than just all about their dog or cat, they're downright hostile to the other sort of pet and they're kinda weird about it.

Often it's based on negative personal experience or trauma (as such prejudice often is) but sometimes its just inexplicable animosity that should probably get unpacked.

Dogs are good, cats are good.

It is okay to prefer one over the other.

If you are poopy about it, y tho

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I recognized him in the trailer right away

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    @Grape Ape I SAW THE ONE PIECE CAR

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    get your feathers ruffled?

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Zampanov wrote: »

I recognized him in the trailer right away

maybe because he looks identical to someone i know now, and i also havent seen him since like billy madison

so its disorienting

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Agreeing with Matt. Doges great, cats great also.

If a dog is shit, the problem is with the owner. If the cat is shit, the problem is you're bad at cats.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Morpho the tiny babby cat is now Morpho the small regular cat. He has turned into a relatively good boy, who loves me too much. He'll jump into bed with me, get under the covers, the whole deal. Never had a cat this affectionate before! He is basically a loyal doggo in a cat wrapper

diZCCLel.jpg

excellent 13/10 doggo

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

That is a perfectly fine direct translation because it is a saying in English.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    How long until this turns into stealth Justin Trudeau chat

You mean it wasn't from the start?

Every single one of my posts is secretly about my love for Justin

Bieber, yes, we know.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

pop star illuminati themed art project thing

(it is terrible)

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

Broilers: Chickens 6 to 8 weeks old and weighing about 2 1/2 pounds
    Fryers: Chickens 6 to 8 weeks old and weighing 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds
    Roasters: Chickens less than 8 months old and weighing 3 1/2 to 5 pounds
    Stewing Chickens: Chickens (usually hens) over 10 months old and weighing 5 to 7 pounds
    Capons: Castrated males that weigh 6 to 8 pounds
    Cock/Rooster: Male chickens over 10 months old weighing 6 to 8 pounds

Oh so it's a REALLY STUPID NAMING SCHEME

But thanks! This is very useful, I had no idea if they were like, chickens that somehow were meant to be fried or like what.

I have never seen a whole cock for sale, though I have definitely seen cock soup.

Yeah, rooster meat is pretty hard to come buy. If a recipe calls for it, just use dark meat. It's close enough.

• Options
    I am trying to buy only whole chickens from here on out

• Options

it is, an "la seg vippe av pinnen" is word for word something like "letting yourself be tilted off the stick" referring to birds

knocking somebody off their perch is an english idiom, but it has an entirely different meaning. They seem similar because birds, sticks, perches, but that's a terribly stupid way to translate an idiom

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Some people's relationships in [chat] are like young teenagers. Always horny and exciting.

Others are basically like those who have been together for 50 years. Comfortable and low key.

cross the streams!

Ehh, yours is more the college one. Still horny and exciting with work interference for downtime.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i spent $200 dollars last night on a restaurant with laughably small portions. quite pretentious and the food wasn't particularly good either. oh wells.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I like cats less 'cause there's a 50/50 chance I'll be allergic to any given cat.

It's not all cats. The length or shedability of their hair appears to play no role in determining whether or not I'm allergic. It's completely at random.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I got curious how ruffling feathers got transformed into rustling jimmies, so I googled it but Jimmy Rustling is apparently a real person fake person made up by CNN in a satire sense??

EDIT: Not even CNN some fake news site cnn.com.de, HOW IS IT THE FIRST GOOGLE RESULT.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i spent $200 dollars last night on a restaurant with laughably small portions. quite pretentious and the food wasn't particularly good either. oh wells.

That sucks but it all about the company right?

My GF and I are from the ghetto/rez so we had chinese and it was great.

• Options

it is, an "la seg vippe av pinnen" is word for word something like "letting yourself be tilted off the stick" referring to birds

knocking somebody off their perch is an english idiom, but it has an entirely different meaning. They seem similar because birds, sticks, perches, but that's a terribly stupid way to translate an idiom

oh i missed your first post so i didnt see the other meaning

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

cross the streams!

Ehh, yours is more the college one. Still horny and exciting with work interference for downtime.

Omg secret third category

Much like the first but more worse

This discussion has been closed.