As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Been sitting way too much these last few days. My shit is all f'd up. And I even get one of these million adjustment fancy pants chairs. Bleh sitting.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    He's 15 in metric.

That's like 33 in regular years.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @desc so here is another snippet of Veil since I am on the tram and skimming the book for the second time

so the Catabolist playbook is a person whose body rejects standard cybernetics, so they build and incorporate their own custom cybernetics using random junkware they find. That isn't even a little bit of an exaggeration, the examples in the book are genuinely "oh hey I found this piece of antique tech in a ghetto, I'm going to roll to jam it in my chest".

Their main "deal" is trying to find a way to move beyond what they perceive as the thresholds that are keeping humans back

Imagine equal parts body mod culture, Tetsuo the Iron Man, and the parts of GitS focusing on the limits of the human, and I guess you're in the ballpark

did I mention how much I dig this game

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I liked the joke you made on twitter more, Tav

but it's good that you're doing split market response testing for your material

considering midnight gmt chat isn't exactly the most football orientated crowd, i figured here it might have been misconstrued as racist rather than both hilarious and accurate

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    heeeeeey chat. hey.
    So previews of the new Prey game went up and this video of parts from the first hour is super good looking.

how spoilery is this? I loved prey, haters be damned. And if this one has an intro that's even half as cool as the original's I don't wanna know about it.

maybe dont watch it, I doubt Bethesda and Arkane would let this go out if they thought it was that big but there is a cool moment or two there that would be cool to see fresh if you were so inclined

cool thanks I'll pass. I know nothing about the post-airmarshal-space-alien-hunter version and I reckon I'll keep it that way.

I've kind of checked out on games due to work and other things but it feels like there are some good ones coming down the pipe. saw an ad for that horizon game recently, didn't think that was coming out for ages.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/QMotH-fC5NM

Won't lie this was kind of my Saturday. At least in cuteness.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

considering midnight gmt chat isn't exactly the most football orientated crowd, i figured here it might have been misconstrued as racist rather than both hilarious and accurate

misconstrued??? Oh nooooo

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    The idea that some retail stores reduce employee compensation due to shrinkage is disgusting to me.

Unsurprising, but disgusting.

To be franks, whilst it's unacceptable that it's directly linked, the reality is it will always have a proximate effect.

You look at how razor thin the margins of most brick and mortar stores are, and just how much shit gets stolen (IIRC depending on industry, employee theft just beats out members of public, and it gets kinda complicate because the real serious thefts of tens of thousands are almost exclusively done by the employees, but not by a huge margin) stealing from the stores is going to be stealing from the employees pay packets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Werbeniuk
    Alcohol consumption

Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.[1][3] Doctors advised Werbeniuk to drink alcohol to counteract a familial benign essential tremor.[4] Later in his career he also took propranolol, a beta blocker, to cope with the effects of his alcohol consumption on his heart.[5]

Bill was also famously reported in the UK tabloid press as successfully claiming the cost of 6 pints of lager before every match as a tax deductible expense.[2]

Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include: 76 cans of lager during a game with John Spencer in Australia in the 1970s;[1] 43 pints of lager in a snooker match/drinking contest against Scotsman Eddie Sinclair in which, after Sinclair had passed out following his 42nd pint, Werbeniuk was reported to say "I'm away to the bar now for a proper drink";[6] 28 pints of lager and 16 whiskies over the course of 11 frames during a match against Nigel Bond, in January 1990 – after which Werbeniuk then consumed an entire bottle of Scotch to "drown his sorrows" after losing the match.[1]

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I love [...] incest[.]

Incest is better than incel, is what I always say.

as soon as I hit post I thought "wait that isnt even a mischaracterisation for Shivahn"

Listen

crayfish don't roll like that, it IS a huge mischaracterization

hymenopterans though

ARCH

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    That humblebundle is actually selling out.

Hopefully the games are still available if you've purchased them before they started running out of keys, but have not yet redeemed them all.

Got it.

The Star Wars bundle seems worth it for Rebel Assault 1&2.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Been sitting way too much these last few days. My shit is all f'd up. And I even get one of these million adjustment fancy pants chairs. Bleh sitting.

Can you get a standing desk?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    that guy gets nothing and yet i was threatened with license revocation for carrying legally by some philly cop

i swear there is no justice

*angrily shoots pistol in air*

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    No don't do that, if you don't move he can't see you. Trust me I studied bones...

Never run from a dog. You'll only die licked.

I see what you did there

You did it emenmnmbkb

edited February 2017
    Aioua wrote: »
    oh dang I feel like I should be following tav on twitter

give us the deeeeeeets

i try not to post details publicly but this is the sort of high quality content i would post that will probably get edited later

doot doot

Tav on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I can never tell if Shiv is weird as a bit or if she is really just weird. I assume that's her intention.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Tempted to get some discount V-Day chocolates.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Chat is like booze

It doesn't change your personality it just amplifies it

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I can never tell if Shiv is weird as a bit or if she is really just weird. I assume that's her intention.

Shiv should we give 'im the clamps

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Tempted to get some discount V-Day chocolates.

Its better to buy the discount lube.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

por que no los dos

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

give us the deeeeeeets

i try not to post details publicly but this is the sort of high quality content i would post that will probably get edited later

You post wrestling gifs?

bloodyroarxx on

african teams have a habit of lying about players' ages to make them seem younger than they are

so you end up with dudes like this being called 17

article-2558313-1B72BDB800000578-214_634x417.jpg

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    After forty minutes on Xbox live, FrauCron has been sent her first "want some dick" message. Basement dwelling shitlords are really slacking these days, it used to only take ten.

sig.gif
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

african teams have a habit of lying about players' ages to make them seem younger than they are

so you end up with dudes like this being called 17

article-2558313-1B72BDB800000578-214_634x417.jpg

look maybe he's been a smoker since he popped out the womb

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    edited February 2017

give us the deeeeeeets

You post wrestling gifs?

no i was just super amused by that one

can you edit out the link? That is me :P

Tav on
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

You should ask those who've met me in person - spool, bleric, belasco, quid, mazzy, sig, etc.

Uhh who else

kedinik, elldren, arch, OH CREDEIKI, obvs, she's my bro, holy shit this list is long

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Today we are going to be introduced to objects.

*steeples fingers* eeeeeeexcellent~

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

por que no los dos
    Well one is "not actually weird but pretends to be" and the other is "is actually weird"
    they're kinda mutually exclusive

give us the deeeeeeets

You post wrestling gifs?

no i was just super amused by that one

can you edit out the link? That is me :P

Oh sure dude np

por que no los dos

Oh yes simon and desc and MrMister and p10 and

edited February 2017
    @firewaterword I do suggest watching this bit though its just the first 7 mins of the game and it has a really nice music and title treatment 100% no spoilers

https://youtube.com/watch?v=r4EN8Ve1vGA

bloodyroarxx on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mel Gibson being courted to direct an SS movie, a bit on the nose isn't it?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

por que no los dos
    Well one is "not actually weird but pretends to be" and the other is "is actually weird"

por

que

no

los

dos

vRyue2p.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

give us the deeeeeeets

tig ole bitty's twitter
    ...Tav wins this page.

zepherin on
    So It Goes wrote: »

Can you get a standing desk?

At a client site for a little over a week, and in court most of the day. Not really a big deal, but between that, a lot of laptop work, and no yoga I'm starting to feel some old familiar angry body issues. Going to a myofascial relief workshop when I get home so just gotta deal for now.

You should ask those who've met me in person - spool, bleric, belasco, quid, mazzy, sig, etc.

Uhh who else

kedinik, elldren, arch, OH CREDEIKI, obvs, she's my bro, holy shit this list is long
    I would ask but whenever I ask chat something people just tell me to google it

por que no los dos

What do you mean "actually weird," here

por que no los dos

Oh yes simon and desc and MrMister and p10 and

are you just listing out PAX DC attendees

This discussion has been closed.