As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Food "Thread": Things Man Was Not Meant To Digest

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    So uh. Huh. Not sure if this belongs here or the love thread, but remember how taco bell recently announced that you can get married at one if their restaurants for $600? I just got an email from dominos saying that you can set up your gift registry there.

Who's next to join the fast food wedding experience? Honeymoon at a Mcdonalds themed all inclusive resort?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Marriage is a calculated legal strategy meant to shore up the inevitable cracks in a relationship caused by the chemical illusion we call love warring with the intelligent self-interest of two independent sapient beings.

Eat at Arby's.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    So uh. Huh. Not sure if this belongs here or the love thread, but remember how taco bell recently announced that you can get married at one if their restaurants for $600? I just got an email from dominos saying that you can set up your gift registry there.

Who's next to join the fast food wedding experience? Honeymoon at a Mcdonalds themed all inclusive resort?

Divorce lawyers renting office space at Burger King and Dairy Queen.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Kaplar wrote: »

Divorce lawyers renting office space at Burger King and Dairy Queen.

Counseling sessions run by the Jack in the box mascot.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    @Indie Winter

I have found your new favorite twitter account.

bless the Maker and His water

bless the coming and going of Him

may His passing cleanse the world

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    That thing looks like an alien shit out an organ

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    That thing looks like an alien shit out an organ

The sky and the cosmos are one

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I've seen that thing in Bloodborne

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    for dinner I had a bunch of hashbrowns covered in cheese and gravy

would recommend

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I, too, like potatoes covered in fats

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I've seen that thing in Bloodborne

I'm pretty sure I ate three of those in Bloodborne.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

would recommend

it's like breakfast poutine or something

• Options
    usually I just do hashbrowns with cheese but then I remembered that I have some leftover gravy after I put the cheese on and I was like, "might as well cross this rubicon"

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I made some shitty frozen fish fillets for lunch and wanted to whip up some tartar sauce, but I had no lemons and I like lemon juice in my tartar sauce. I also like adding a little hot sauce to my tartar for some kick. Looked around the spice drawer and remembered I'd bought a bottle of Tajin spice mix, so I added that to the tartar sauce. Might have been one of the best bad food decisions I've ever made.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    went to the Suk the other day and got myself some of that good good baklava

C5LnapJWYAA57d_.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    usually I just do hashbrowns with cheese but then I remembered that I have some leftover gravy after I put the cheese on and I was like, "might as well cross this rubicon"

Now you're just making me want some Waffle House hashbrowns.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »

mine are almost as good

and I think my gravy is actually a bit better

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Geek where do you go to waffle house? Is it just a thing while you're travelling or is there one in the PNW?

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Geek where do you go to waffle house? Is it just a thing while you're travelling or is there one in the PNW?

There aren't any anywhere near here. I think the closest one is Ohio or something.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »

There aren't any anywhere near here. I think the closest one is Ohio or something.

the closest is either Arizona or Colorado

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

would recommend

it's like breakfast poutine or something

There's a restaurant chain here (Smitty's) that has a "breakfast poutine" - it's hash browns, cheese, and hollandaise sauce and it's delicious

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, one of my locals does something like that too

Their's is fries, cheese curds, black bean chili, brown gravy, and two eggs

Real good, just had it a couple of weeks ago

• Options
    WENDY'S DISCONTINUED SPICY CHICKEN NUGGETS

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

Now I wont find them in my regular nuggets by accident.

They were like a fun surprise.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT?!?!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I want to say I'm sad, but every time I've had them recently (last year or so) they've always tasted full of freezer burn. Like, if they're not going to give a shit about proper prep, then yeah, I'm down with taking them off the menu.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I saw Peeps-flavored Oreos at the grocery store yesterday. As much as I love Peeps and limited edition Oreo flavors, I'm at least pretending to eat healthier right now, but I was very tempted

According to some friends on FB, they're really good, even if they don't have much of a taste beyond "sweet"

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    I want to say I'm sad, but every time I've had them recently (last year or so) they've always tasted full of freezer burn. Like, if they're not going to give a shit about proper prep, then yeah, I'm down with taking them off the menu.

That sucks, I don't think I've ever had a single chicken nugget from any Wendy's that I would consider sub-par.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I got my undergrad degree in Texas, and every week I would get a coupon mailer that included a sheet of Weinerschnitzel coupons. Every Thursday, I would go to the laundromat and the grocery store and then go to Weinerschnitzel to redeem my coupon for the Chili Cheese Dog+Chili Cheese Burger+Chili Cheese Fry combo for $3.33. They had the best fast food chili I have ever tasted, and I called it Fuck You Corporeal Form Thursdays. It was a deeply satisfying meal, especially since I knew I couldn't have it every day.

Anyway, I went to Braum's for lunch today, and noticed that they had chili on the menu. In an attempt to revisit my glory days, I got a burger and fries with a side of chili, and then came home and transformed it into a chili cheese burger with chili cheese fries.

Reader, I think I am going to die. This is the worst chili I have ever had. It is somehow simultaneously tasteless and too spicy. It's like they invented a sauce made of 90% modeling clay, 10% the cheapest ketchup they could find, and an entire can of mace. I hate everything, and God is dead. I want to vomit, but my resolve quails at the idea of having to taste that horrid slop again. Someone please send help. Or a reliable assassin.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    If you want something else with little flavor to wash it down with, the Lay's 'Beer N Brats' flavor is underwhelming. Like a weaker version of the gyros. Not bad, just not BAM! enough.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT?!?!

Guess I'm never going to Wendy's again. Spicy nugz were the only thing on their menu I ever got.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Canada never had Wendy's spicy nuggets, so I'm not sure what I missed out on, but if it was anything like their spicy homestyle sandwiches, well, fuck those guys. That chicken patty is the best.

Now I want Wendy's, but all I have downstairs in the food court is A&W.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I used to love the spicy chicken nugs from a NM gas station chain called Allsup's. The only downside was that I also liked Sprite, and if you ate the spicy chicken it would make Sprite taste like a chemical weapon war crime. Kind of a toothpaste and orange juice situation.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    This thread has turned into a roller coaster of emotions for this non-American.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    I got another shamrock shake at McDonald's today. I suspect another green poop is in my future.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I'm under doctor's orders to not eat ANY vegetables at all between now and Monday. This is shockingly difficult. It feels like a problem for this thread.

cabsy on
  • Options
    I have to go out of my way to make sure I eat vegetables every day. Usually just means I crack a can of green beans at the end of the day.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    I'm under doctor's orders to not eat ANY vegetables at all between now and Monday. This is shockingly difficult. It feels like a problem for this thread.

can you like..

eat pizza still?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    cabsy wrote: »

can you like..

eat pizza still?

Pineapple - not a vegetable.

brDe918.jpg
This discussion has been closed.