As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nioh: Onimusouls Action Available on Feb 7!

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    The rule is: If you think you're on the last mission, you're probably not on the last mission.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I looked it up thinking I might correct you but nope actually there is one more.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Was there supposed to be a trick to the last LAST boss?

He would like sit down or something which just made his back open to endless back attacks and I was just able to burn him all the way down from full while he sat there.

I feel like there was supposed to be more to that..

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Was there supposed to be a trick to the last LAST boss?

He would like sit down or something which just made his back open to endless back attacks and I was just able to burn him all the way down from full while he sat there.

I feel like there was supposed to be more to that..

There's a lot of stuff he can do (in theory), including fully regenerating his health at a whim. But he's also a big target with a big back that doesn't really stand a chance against the player by the time the average person gets to him.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    i uh

i had a lot of trouble with him, actually
    once he hit 1/3 health, he'd spawn the eyes a second time, they'd heal him, and there's be a bunch of shit on screen between the eyes, the lasers, and his big ass, and he'd sneak one of those amrita spear attacks off for literally all of my health

for the longest time, i honestly had no idea what was actually hitting me

Elendil on
  • Options
    Right, that's the sort of stuff he can do. But he's sort of like... the Mensis guy in Bloodborne, a boss that has a wide toolset but whose AI can frequently get locked in a small subset of actions that make him easier than he should be.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i uh

i had a lot of trouble with him, actually
    once he hit 1/3 health, he'd spawn the eyes a second time, they'd heal him, and there's be a bunch of shit on screen between the eyes, the lasers, and his big ass, and he'd sneak one of those amrita spear attacks off for literally all of my health

for the longest time, i honestly had no idea what was actually hitting me

I literally rolled behind him and just walloped on him while not moving until he died. I got hit by some lasers because I didn't even dodge but he died before I did.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Is there a way to carry more than 8 elixirs? I've seen vods with people carrying 10, maybe more.

• Options
    Is there a way to carry more than 8 elixirs? I've seen vods with people carrying 10, maybe more.

Max is 11, which comes from +3 Elixirs in the Ninjutsu tree and maxed Kodama.

• Options
    Ok, that's my problem. Haven't really bothered to advance ninjutsu

• Options
    It's very hard to help people farm Umi bozu when they keep walking right into his death beam.

• Options
    Water Shadow II or Haze II? Water shadow does so much damage on the follow up hit, but Haze has the knock down to follow up with Iai strike and finishing blow.

I'm not great at the timing of the counter attack and as a result I can miss the follow up hit for these pretty easily.

The process of adding +attack to all my armor has begun. In addition, I found a spear with transferable 15% bonus damage from behind, so that's getting placed on my sword at some point.

I suppose eventually I'll use the bat spirit for the damage from behind but I like switching them in and out depending on the situation. I'm using Daiba Washi for human opponents (huge knockdown), fire tiger for a giant bonus to fire damage, and Suzano on tough missions for a get out of jail free card.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Started this on Monday.

I think I'm close to done with the first village, but I keep having issues with the boss on the boat.

I'm pretty sure I just need to hit gud. I've been using sword/axe as my main weapons but I may switch to dual swords and the chain thingy and see if it helps.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Started this on Monday.

I think I'm close to done with the first village, but I keep having issues with the boss on the boat.

I'm pretty sure I just need to hit gud. I've been using sword/axe as my main weapons but I may switch to dual swords and the chain thingy and see if it helps.

Feel free to add me if you want to do some coop. (PSN in my sig). I'm on pretty regularly.

This game rules. Stick with it and you'll be rewarded.

• Options
    I would but my home internet sucks so I won't be doing any online stuff probably.

• Options
    Bummer. Killing revenants is incredibly fun and a great way to get gear.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Found a rev that had gloves with 24% barehanded damage on them. And it was the transferable skill, too.

Desperately farmed that guy as fast as I could.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Last night I ran the Twilight mission with Umi boss. Didn't feel like going alone so I summoned a few people to help. One guy ran through the whole level with me. We carved through everything, it was grand. I died really stupidly in the second phase of the boss fight. I had like 80% of my life and he launched himself into the air. I thought I was far enough away and assumed I had enough life anyway, but when he landed he one shot me.

Next guy showed up about 3 minutes into the boss fight. Rolls up with a giant flaming hammer and starts spinning, deals 90% of Umi's life in a few rotations. Boss died in record time.

I love stuff like that. There is a fair amount of build diversity in this game.

• Options
    Fuck this Hino-enma fight so much

I know what I need to do it's just having the patience to not go HAM and actually block when I can

I keep trying to Bloodborne this game and it's not a good plan

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I actually never blocked when I fought her and beat her the first time. I did constantly swap between High stance for big hits and low stance for sweet dodges. I also had a full complement of throwing weapons to get her out of the air and pre-buffed with lightning just before the fight.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I poked her with a spear until she died

I was initially using a katana or something and having a bunch of trouble so I switched to midstance spear and was like oh now I can just hit her from far enough away that I can space out everything

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

I know what I need to do it's just having the patience to not go HAM and actually block when I can

Don't do this.

Armor up and blocking is really, really good.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hino-enma down!

Really enjoyed the next level after that

knitdan on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Cantido wrote: »

Don't do this.

Armor up and blocking is really, really good.

Also, you CANNOT dodge out of combos in Nioh. Bloodborne, Dark Souls, this is the way to go. In Nioh, mashing dodge while getting comboed will just get you killed. Slam that block button down and you'll spare yourself a lot of pain.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    And that is a wrap for Nioh. Man, after the two sub missions where you face off against two ridiculous bosses, the final boss was a joke. But that is okay because those two sub missions almost tilted me off the face of the earth.

Will probably be not until after Horizon and Mass Effect that dive into Way of the Strong, but I did bang out all the sub missions in all regions, and found all 150 of my lil green buddies. Only have Axe/Sword/Ninjitsu to do in dojo but after today I need a breather because hoo boy those sub missions were taxing on the nerves.

• Options
    I kinda wish there was more armor diversity. Part of it is the proliferation of katanas, but Red Demon Armor is pretty strong for what it does. And then Kingo/Fanatic's are probably the next most used.

I'd love to see some rebalancing and hopefully the DLC introduces some new options.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Toyotomi's still alive right? It would be neat to see Imjin War DLC.
    Edit: which would mean Korean/Ming Chinese armor, weapons, and demons.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    The Ocean Roars Again

As I was running around trying to find the last Kodama in the mission, I stumbled onto the third bonfire and a hot spring. Then happened to see the little bastard in a spot I had run past 20 times.

On to beat up a giant flan. And try not to get hit by his death star beam.

• Options
    Ok so possibly dumb question here

Is there any functional difference in-game between a tachi and an uchigatana?

As far as I can tell a sword is a sword is a sword.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Ok so possibly dumb question here

Is there any functional difference in-game between a tachi and an uchigatana?

As far as I can tell a sword is a sword is a sword.

They have lightly different stat scaling.

• Options
    All of my armor pieces have +Attack, got a brand new sword with Water damage, A+ Heart scaling, a shitload of close combat lifegain in mid stance (which I use all the time), and it completes Kingo's set. I have to roll a few new stats onto the sword, but it's a pretty strong weapon.

When the sword dropped I saw a massive spike in power. Water is such a good element, and Crossed Sickles with the bat spirit does lots of damage. It's easy to dodge around and get behind almost everything except Tengu, and when I'm back there I do tons of damage.

I also killed two phantoms with perfect rolls on kusarigama, but I run with spears as my offhand. They're tempting me to respec though.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Ran through the Spider Castle tonight.

Probably my favorite mission so far, found all the fragments and one-shot the boss!

Also I found a helmet that lets me see Kodama on the minimap

knitdan on
  • Options
    Spent today working my way through the snow mission, still have to fight the boss.

But I've gotten to a point in the game where I'm paying more attention to the loot system, especially as it pertains to inventory management and dealing with the blacksmith.

I really really dislike that part of the game. I don't like having to periodically go through and clear out my inventory so I have room for the next round of junk I'm either going to just dismantle, sell, or offer to the shrine.

I don't like that I can't just upgrade a sword I've got without going through the rigamarole of finding a sword just like it but higher leveled and then soul matching it.

In fact most of the options at the blacksmith so far are useless to me. Refashioning, really? Haircuts? Or the reforging option, which is basically just a dice roll on what abilities you might end up getting.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Hey now what's wrong with being able to play Fashion Bushido.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Seriously, I cannot fathom someone scorning the option to be the prettiest princess. It's the first and most important thing I do when I get a new piece of gear. Gotta be a Fashion KIlla.

• Options
    It's the Diablo loot ground. You're going to get a lot of garbage drops to sift through to find that diamond. Some people aren't into that. I like it, especially with the added complexity at the smith. You can make some good stuff, and modify a decent weapon into a must have.

At certain intervals of the game, you know what you should be keeping and what you can toss for money or components. In NG, you ditch anything below purple, unless it's like 10+ level higher than the item in your slot.

Where I'm at in NG+, if it's not at least a +3 divine item, it's fodder for better stuff.

• Options
    Early on I was using whatever armor I found at the set loot points, figuring it would probably be a good idea to have it on for the boss fights of those particular missions (Like the Archer set from the caves or the Vassal set from the mission after that) . Now I just wear the best medium stuff I've got. If I find something better than what I've got on, I switch it out.

I'm not big on making my character a paper doll in this game. SoulsBourne games, sure. They tend to give you a whole set at a time usually and it's not as many pieces to keep track of.

• Options
    Made my way through ninja mansion last night. Initially it was fun, now that I'm making runs to the boss(fuck that guy, seriously) it's kind of a pain in the ass having to go through the rigamarole of interacting with the walls several times each run.

• Options
    Started the holy mountain today. Killed a guy and boom! There's a bloodstain!

"Killed by William"

Happened a couple more times too. Is that because it's the holy mountain?

Also. Fuck those damn birds. Hardest regular enemy in the game for me.

• Options
    Tengu are humongous shitheads. You have to be extremely patient when fighting them; not only are they super aggressive, but the cooldown between attack combos is really short.

I consider them priority kill targets in groups, otherwise they get too distracting and you start making mistakes.