As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I wanna watch Samurai jack but Canada.

The livestream thing they do on Saturday night/Sunday morning is not geofenced. I was able to watch it there.

I'd like to, but I need to start at season 1.

Which, I guess I'll have to find another means. I wonder how much the box set costs. If I end up buying it, I hope I don't end up not liking it.

This is why this whole thing drives me crazy. Netflix won't show it in Canada because, I'm guessing, there's still a distribution agreement with cable providers in Canada that supercede their streaming. EVEN IF I spend the >$1000 a year it would cost to get a cable package with the packages I'd need to watch it, I still couldn't watch it because I can't just go back to the start. I'd have to start watching at whatever point they're broadcasting it now.

Or I could spend whatever it costs to purchase the box set and pray that I'll enjoy it.

Or I could do a third method, which is the most attractive, and most reasonable solution I've got, but is very frowned upon.

Like, what the fuck do cable companies thing they're accomplishing with this shit?

Adult Swim UK appears to be uploading the backlog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyDqVVWWNSI

Geofenced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZVJq_6_aP4

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    that full body anime twitch

can literally be any emotion

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

2dfc22d33d97649dd6c0706726eecbde.jpg

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    penisve

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

zUdwMKT.jpg

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    God I fucking hate dragonball

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I hate, hate, HATE this gateway management software that we're using.

We have gateways that use a system that manages their settings using a profile stored on our servers. That way, customers can log in on our website to their profiles and make changes without giving the customers direct hardware access. But this software is absolute junk.

So often customer's cannot log in to it. It gives the username/pw errors. This happens constantly such that it's definitely not just customer error. These are notes I wrote for the latest incident, which mirror the notes I wrote yesterday:
    Confirmed ID with auth password. Made sure customer is in the right place, confirmed his username, reset the pw.
    Getting username/pw error. I am able to log in to customer's profile using these credentials.
    Reset password again to something very simple and easy.
    Getting username/pw error.
    Confirmed spelling of e-mail address.
    Switched browser.
    Reset password a third time.
    Refreshing modem in Prime. Modem has stopped responding in Prime.
    Cycling modem.
    Reset pw again.
    Customer able to log in.

This took about 15 minutes. Imagine how many man hours are wasted on this bullshit software. This isn't the only problem. This is one of many that are constantly driving calls for this shit.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    An hour's worth of North Korean broadcast TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSRjJ7Ss88o

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Tyranny is a game that I only want to experience second-hand because I have zero doubts that I would become monstrously sad and depressed if I ever played it.

It didn't really feel bleak when I played it, despite the story and themes.

I don't really like the mechanics of the intricate NWN fighting

but like, I want to go through and choose dialogue and story and stuff

silly mechanics and such getting in the way.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Tyranny is a game that I only want to experience second-hand because I have zero doubts that I would become monstrously sad and depressed if I ever played it.

It's no Undertale; do not worry. I think there's also a way to play as a moderately decent person; and lots of people who don't have as strong an affinity for fictional villains as I do have definitely enjoyed the game.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Made myself some scrambled eggs and jam sandwich for myself for breakfast. Decided to listen to Orbital's In Sides as well. It's a good morning.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Also the fighting is pretty cool; I love that I can design spells and my dudes have all these moves and resistances and mechanics and the like. It is, so far, very much what I want out of a combat system (move some dudes around, choose equipment, use skills, look at a bunch of little numbers, cast both offensive and utility spells, pause every few seconds, etc).

At character creation I pumped the stats that seemed like they would affect dialogue, so I am having fun solving all of my problems either by a somewhat incongruous combination of [Athletics] 'Do what I say or I'll fucking kill you' and [Lore] 'Technically, you are legally obligated to follow my orders according to Tunon's policies'. I like it a lot!

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I skipped around and found, as sure as the rising sun, child musicians at 54:00.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

zUdwMKT.jpg

This expression is known as "dull surprise"

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Querry just said "babe! I have a vagINa and you have a vagOUTa!"

I cannot handle puns of this magnitude someone help

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Querry just said "babe! I have a vagINa and you have a vagOUTa!"

I cannot handle puns of this magnitude someone help

There's a VegETa retort to be had somewhere there.

• Options
    One bleak af thing I just remembered from Tyranny:
    Baby murder

That was pretty rough.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So, this may be an obvious thing to the urban [chat]ters, but after moving to an area where a lot of things are within walking distance, I'm walking a lot more.

Even when I was in Phoenix, it was in a suburb and nothing was this close.

It's p awesome and a benefit I hadn't considered.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Baby murder

That was pretty rough.
    it's not mandatory if you are s w a g

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    on Wednesday I get my next T shot and then I'm going to try to actually exercise. Up until this point I've lost weight solely by improving my eating habits

my body has not been in crippling pain for a while (could be the healthy diet) so I am cautiously optimistic

I'd like to be able to run again

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Baby murder

That was pretty rough.

Its always mandatory, p10.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I skipped around and found, as sure as the rising sun, child musicians at 54:00.

At about 55:30, it goes full-on disco bassline.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Today in The Division, during an engagement with elite enemies in the Dark Zone, I another group of enemies patrolled in behind me twice, forcing a lot of panicked engaging the new enemies, dashing to a different position where both groups will be in roughly the same direction, and a lot of spamming heals while I'm doing that. And when I say that happened twice, I mean that happened twice during one engagement, not once per engagement across two engagements.
    But it was actually really cool, because both times the new groups were also hostile to the first group so a big three-way crossfire got going. Despite the initial scrambling to get out of the pincer they got me in, it probably made the fight easier in the end because it gave me a lot more openings to get hits in on the elites without their machine gunner putting suppressing fire on me. Those elites were real tough, even though I was focusing fire on them, and the two weaker groups of enemies seemed to fight the elites more than they fought me once I un-flanked myself from them, they still took down both of the weaker groups. Even though they were just NPCs I was kinda impressed.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    Baby murder

That was pretty rough.

It wasn't mandatory but it was obligatory.

• Options
    Tyranny end spoilers
    safety spoiler tag
    As it wrapped up, at least with the ending I got. The most credible origin story for Kyros was that she was just some rando (adventurer/mage whatever) who was first to discover how the spires worked. I thought that was pretty cool. It's made plainly clear that the spires are the actually powerful things - not Kyros. That could be interesting for a sequel if they make one.

• Options
    Tyranny character name and voice spoiler
    I can't understand how they landed on that VA for Bleden Mark. For a legendary out of this world assassin they chose someone who sounded like a sophomore frat boy. Wtf. I could hear how the mic was placed right next to a theoretical beer pong table.

• Options
    The entire Chuck Berry discography is currently playing in chronological order at the bakery.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    hmmmm

i got paypal'd and venmo'd by strangers in the same day

weird

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Swedish paper published "Chuck Berry där död" last night, instead of "är död". Which means Chuck Berry there dead (as in location/direction). Instead of "is dead". Literally can't look through four words to make sure they're correct before publishing now, there is no time for it in the news cycle.

Honk on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    @Arch Monster Hunter Double Cross is for you.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    jeez Pinterest keeps making their app worse and worse

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I miss when fewer websites were intentionally hobbled to get me to install some program that offers me functionality that I should be able to do through the website.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I miss when fewer websites were intentionally hobbled to get me to install some program that offers me functionality that I should be able to do through the website.

I particularly dislike when they force you to install an app to access certain features, but the app does not reproduce all features of the website.

*shakes fist at goodreads*

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Swedish paper published "Chuck Berry där död" last night, instead of "är död". Which means Chuck Berry there dead (as in location/direction). Instead of "is dead". Literally can't look through four words to make sure they're correct before publishing now, there is no time for it in the news cycle.

Yeah, so much iffy stuff in recent years. Headlines that are clearly auto-translated into something a bit off that then get corrected hours later.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomikid really liked the elephants at the zoo, and they had bronze statues that the kids could play on, and my kiddo liked the little one

I asked him if the elephant had a name, and he said without hesitation, "Hans!"

The fuck, kid?

Hans?
    4wmMXsKh.jpg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Atomikid really liked the elephants at the zoo, and they had bronze statues that the kids could play on, and my kiddo liked the little one

I asked him if the elephant had a name, and he said without hesitation, "Hans!"

The fuck, kid?

Hans?
    4wmMXsKh.jpg

Dallas Zoo, 'Mika?

I loved the aquarium in Dallas. It's absolutely amazing.

• Options

nah they'll just gerrymander more or restrict voting rights more or just flat out refuse to honor elections because there's a part of me that thinks that the republicans won't cede power without a fight 'cause they're too deslusional not to

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    "Blameless Cleric" it is time to plan our May adventure (feat. Credeiki and Shiv)!

@Atomika ft CRED AND SHIV?? ARE THEY COMING TOO

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    So, this may be an obvious thing to the urban [chat]ters, but after moving to an area where a lot of things are within walking distance, I'm walking a lot more.

Even when I was in Phoenix, it was in a suburb and nothing was this close.

It's p awesome and a benefit I hadn't considered.

This is why I want to move to a city someday.

Because then EVERYTHING WILL BE IN FUCKING WALKING DISTANCE

fakeedit: Well, maybe not everything but a lot of things but most importantly I'm ready to start relying on my car less.

This discussion has been closed.