As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS EXTINCT! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Grobian wrote: »
    New priest spell. Can't wait for the weird combo someone finds with this.

You mean you can't wait 'til someone grabs a clip of 4 x divine spirit on a lightspawn? 8-)

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »

You mean you can't wait 'til someone grabs a clip of 4 x divine spirit on a lightspawn? 8-)

Don't forget the mirror match.

x8 or bust.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'm loving these Priest cards, and that Paladin legendary is tasty. Looking like a decent set so far, I wanna see the Priest quest and legendary now.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I'm loving these Priest cards, and that Paladin legendary is tasty. Looking like a decent set so far, I wanna see the Priest quest and legendary now.

Was that a typo? Priest quest was in the first spoilered cards.
    SVDfH6V.jpg
    fVhkTZS.jpg

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Oh right, I completely forgot that was a card. Damn, that 1/1 deathrattle is so good.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    A two mana priest spell that discovers another spell in your deck? Hmm, What's a 3-mana spell that could combo well with that?
    Shadow priest incoming!
    Shadowform%28421%29_Gold.png?version=d246f2cdaa0b20253eed38abd6022376

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Shadowform feels more viable in my mind simply by merit of Justicar rotating out.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

Mulligan out the Quest so it's in your deck, discover it with this card, TWO QUESTS TWO AMARAS, BAM

You think I'm joking but vs slow Control decks that might actually be optimal...

(probably not though, actually, haha)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Clearly the play is infinitely cycling between two copies of shadow visions to make your yogg huge.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

SVDfH6V.jpg
    fVhkTZS.jpg

So I just realized that she is a minion and will be stolen by thoughtsteal and entomb (is entomb staying?). That shit will make me rage like nothing else. Mulch is prob one that I can RNG accept (mulch is def rotating thiugh?).

Also, can that crystal lady give you this priest legendary?

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    MMMig wrote: »

SVDfH6V.jpg
    fVhkTZS.jpg

So I just realized that she is a minion and will be stolen by thoughtsteal and entomb (is entomb staying?). That shit will make me rage like nothing else. Mulch is prob one that I can RNG accept (mulch is def rotating thiugh?).

Rotating out with League of Explorers once Un'Goro hits. Now I can play Ragnaros and Sylvanas without fear of retribu...oh, wait.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular

SVDfH6V.jpg
    fVhkTZS.jpg

She will never be in your deck so it cannot be thoughtstolen. It can be mind visioned if they completed the quest and then kept the card in their hand. Entomb will be rotated I believe so she cannot be entombed in standard.

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

SVDfH6V.jpg
    fVhkTZS.jpg

The priest quest gives you the card into the hand, not into the deck, so thoughtsteal et al. don't work on her. Mind vision and entomb do, but a deathrattle deck probably has a lot of good entomb targets anyway.

(entomb does rotate, yes)

Grobian on
  • Options
    I think N'zoth Priest with quest might be the first deck I try, only because that's the only theme they've presented so far that seems interesting to me. Maybe if there's a ton of Dormant stuff and a "Make dormant minions go undormant." card, I would create a dormant Rogue deck.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I think they implied the rogue legendary might be the only dormant card, at least since it's not a bolded keyword.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I think they implied the rogue legendary might be the only dormant card, at least since it's not a bolded keyword.

I'd be really sad if that's the case. It seems like a cool mechanic that could definitely be explored and provide Rogue with a welcome new identity. The Rogue Legendary is just, eh if not straight bad, but with the combination of other dormant activator spells and minions I think it could be decent.

• Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    I think N'zoth Priest with quest might be the first deck I try, only because that's the only theme they've presented so far that seems interesting to me. Maybe if there's a ton of Dormant stuff and a "Make dormant minions go undormant." card, I would create a dormant Rogue deck.

Yeah, it looks really neat. I'm starting to think a Highlander version is doable too, what with the new 4 drop taunt DR and this new 1 drop DR complimenting Mistress of Mixtures and Infested Tauren.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Bwahahah.

Just played Anyfin against a Rogue, and I managed to just stall and stall and stall until lategame. Then, over the course of a couple rounds, I hit him with my on-board minions (which he then cleared) and Anyfin to take him from nigh-full health to 9. On his turn, he played a bunch of stuff to clear everything but Finja, a Charger, and one Warleader.

He then played Bomb Squad to blow up the Warleader, dropping Finja and the Charger back to base stats. Then he killed the Charger with his rogueknife, leaving me with just Finja on the board against a full enemy board, and him at 7 health.

Elvenshae uses Consecration!
    It's super effective!

Does 2 damage to the Rogue, two damage to the Bomb Squad, and the Bomb Squad lobs one into the Rogue's face for 5 damage and lethal. :D

I have to say, I think my best play in the game was several turns earlier, where the only thing I had on the board was a Warleader that I'd dropped solo just to contest things, when the Rogue dropped Thaurissan. I didn't have any Equalities, Consecrations, or Hammers of Wrath in-hand. The only way I was able to clear it was to run the Warleader into it to leave T. at 2 health, then drop my Pyromancer. The death of the Warleader discounted Solemn Vigil enough so that I could play it, and then I played a 0-mana Forbidden Healing to kill Thaurissan. Ended up drawing the other Forbidden Healing and Lightrags off of the Vigil, so that worked out.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Reynad with a new reveal:

lTAkJQE.png
    Clutchmother Zavas
    Warlock, Legendary, 2 Mana, 2/2, Beast
    Text: "Whenever you discard this, give it +2/+2 and return it to your hand."

That's... a very good card if lucky.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    They really want discard lock to be a thing.

• Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    Kolosus wrote: »
    They really want discard lock to be a thing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that they want all of the quests to be playable

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    That is a really, really good card. Warlock is shaping up to be really interesting with this and the absurdly grind 'em out quest reward.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Discardlock was already pretty fun* with the Silveware Golem and other stuff; I'm really digging the cards that support it in Un'Goro, so far!

* Not sure I'd say it was super effective or anything, but it was fun to play.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

lTAkJQE.png
    Clutchmother Zavas

That's...hmm.

That's going to feel extremely OP if you get lucky with discards, and like the shittiest card in the world if you don't. I like the idea, but it's shaping up to be ultra high variance, which is not necessarily the best thing.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

lTAkJQE.png
    Clutchmother Zavas

That's...hmm.

That's going to feel extremely OP if you get lucky with discards, and like the shittiest card in the world if you don't. I like the idea, but it's shaping up to be ultra high variance, which is not necessarily the best thing.
    It's pretty much the perfect card for reynad to reveal.

• Options
    A 2 mana 2/2 is not good, but it is far from "the shittiest card in the world"

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Also, current discard lock is already good enough to climb the ladder. People just aren't playing it because pirates are faster and more popular.

• Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

lTAkJQE.png
    Clutchmother Zavas

That's...hmm.

The thing is that it's kind of like VanCleef. Yeah you want to play a huge minion but sometimes a 4/4 or 6/6 works just fine. I'm really liking the looks of discardlock.

I also really really really hope that there are more dormant cards for rogue. With more support that would be immensely fun.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    A 2 mana 2/2 is not good, but it is far from "the shittiest card in the world"

The key word in that was "feel."

I agree, a 2/2 for 2 is perfectly fine, but it feels bad to play if it never activates the special, just how Silverware Golem feels really bad to play from hand even though a 3/3 for 3 is fine.

• Options
    636256088611038006.png
    636256088066592203.png
    636256086299028889.png
    636256087495344774.png
    That's potentially a very big taunt.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Elementals.
    Stone Sentinel
    Shaman 7 Mana Epic 4/4 Elemental Minion
    Text: "If you played an Elemental last turn, summon two 2/3 Elementals with Taunt"
    Ozruk
    Neutral 9 Mana Legendary 5/5 Elemental Minion
    Text: "Taunt, Battlecry: Gain +5 Health for each Elemental that was played last turn"
    Firefly
    Neutral 1 Mana Common 1/2 Elemental Minion
    Text: "Battlecry: Add a 1/2 Elemental Minion to your hand."
    Flame Geyser
    Mage 2 Mana Common Spell
    Text: "Deal 2 damage, add a 1/2 Elemental Minion to your hand."
    What existing cards became Elementals?

When we created the Elemental minion type, we knew we would want to change some existing cards to become Elementals. We went back and looked at every Hearthstone card one by one and decided which ones to change.

Here are the 18 cards we changed into Elementals:
    Water Elemental
    Anomalus
    Ragnaros Lightlord
    Lightspawn
    Dust Devil
    Unbound Elemental
    Fireguard Destroyer
    Rumbling Elemental
    Earth Elemental
    Fire Elemental
    Neptulon
    Al’Akir the Windlord
    Arcane Anomoly
    Ice Rager
    Magma Rager
    Frost Elemental
    Baron Geddon
    Ragnaros the Firelord

What you should expect from Elementals in Un'Goro

There are about 25 new Elementals in Un’goro. We decided to put them primarily in Shaman and Mage because those are the classes that traditionally use elemental magic and summon things like Water Elementals and Fire Elementals. However, there are a bunch of Elementals in neutral and the other classes, so everyone can dabble in Elementals if they want to.

Edited to remove images since beaten, left text for those at work.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Ozruk with Divine Spirit/Inner Fire? Interested to see what the Priest elemental would be if there is one.

Man I'm tired today. The Priest Elemental was revealed earlier today.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    I am very not excited about the signature elemental mechanic. Just kinda boring and is especially vulnerable to being just completely awful topdecks.

As firebat mentioned on stream, Ozruk is just a worse soggoth, no way that'll be seeing play.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Color me super unexcited by the elemental "mechanic".

Priest has that new 1/1 DR guy who is an elemental btw

• Options
    I am very not excited about the signature elemental mechanic. Just kinda boring and is especially vulnerable to being just completely awful topdecks.

As firebat mentioned on stream, Ozruk is just a worse soggoth, no way that'll be seeing play.
    But imagine a 5/30 taunt being hexed!

• Options
    I think the general idea for me would be to have so many threats that the opponent has to use removal on the early ones or die. Ozruk could easily be another one of those threats, and skillfully one of the later ones after my opponent's removal was used already. If we're just going to judge every big stated card as a target for removal, we might as well call all cards without "shroud" bad because they can be hexed/sheeped/frogged/donkey'd.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    ALSO.

lTAkJQE.png

I'm gonna go ahead and say this is not a good card.

First off, you actually need to have it get discarded. Like, I've lost the 50/50 on whether or not Soulfire discards my Silverware Golem too many times to count. I've played Doomguard with two Silverware Golems in hand and two other cards and the Golems didn't get discarded. It's unreliable.

Second, what happens when your discards discard your other discards? You run out of chances to actually discard this thing, that's what.

THIRD, and most important: It's just a pile of stats. It doesn't do anything other than being a Big Girl. "But VanCleef is the same way!" Yes, but Rogue has many many many zero cost spells and ways to chain multiple cards in one turn to instantly pump it. Zavas is slow. You have to keep discarding it over and over and over. And she actually has to be hit by the discard, as stated in the first point.

I'm, just, unimpressed. Similar to Pyros, I think this card is just plain bad. It's not trashcan, but it's definitely not good. Pile of stats never see real play (outside of something like VanCleef, but he's VanCleef). Remember Paladin's GvG legendary? Yeah, no, you don't, because it was bad and never saw play. Same thing as Zavas, more or less.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I mean like, that's true, though

7+ drops need to either have an immediate effect to make playing then still worthwhile if they get removed (rag, alex, ysera, boom, etc) or so powerful they're worth the risk for when they don't get sheeped (AoW, tirion)

Ozruk is like a neutral ancient of war, but being 9 mana completely kills it. You can't play it alongside removal or another smaller minion so the tempo swing of a death or execute is that much more brutal, and it comes down way too late to help vs aggro.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Depending on how the card works, it could be 2 mana, pull the exact card you want, if you tailor your deck. If you only put 3 other unique spells in your deck, 2 copies of each, will it ever show doubles? I'm guessing it probably will, so a minion focused Reno deck would get you exactly what you want, provided you haven't drawn it already.

Discover never shows doubles. If you SECRET AGENT when your opponent has 2 cards in their library, it discovers 2 cards.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12