Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    I'm aware this is not that great an achievement, but after a win today, I was met by the pleasant achievement popping of winning 500 games as a Priest and thus got my first portrait.

All the more pleasant in that I completely stomped over a Quest Rogue (thank you Scaled Nightmare).

That's a huge achievement. So much so, that it is standard procedure to post a screen grab of your victory here.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I've seen freeze mages tech eater of secrets now to hose the mirror and deny paladins setting them to 1 and playing eye for an eye which guarantees a win/draw in their favor

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I've seen freeze mages tech eater of secrets now to hose the mirror and deny paladins setting them to 1 and playing eye for an eye which guarantees a win/draw in their favor

This is like how Dirty Rat was clearly an anti-aggro tool that has become the ultimate anti-control tool.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    What Shaman list runs Mistress of Mixtures? And Amani Berserker? There is quite a bit of anxiety about facing weird homebrew decks.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Kolosus wrote: »
    What Shaman list runs Mistress of Mixtures? And Amani Berserker? There is quite a bit of anxiety about facing weird homebrew decks.

None of the good ones run either of those things.

This is honestly why I play aggro up to Rank 5 most months. I have no patience for trying to play around the janky weird shit people do while I'm playing a slower deck (which tend to require knowing what you're playing against pretty well so you can optimize resource use).

That doesn't make the janky weird shit bad, I just don't like playing against decks that I have no idea how to play around.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    3clipse wrote: »

This is honestly why I play aggro up to Rank 5 most months. I have no patience for trying to play around the janky weird shit people do with my slower decks.

I am playing Quest Warrior. I am kinda along for the ride here. I really need my brawl soon or I am going to lose. Badly.

Kolosus on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

This is honestly why I play aggro up to Rank 5 most months. I have no patience for trying to play around the janky weird shit people do while I'm playing a slower deck (which tend to require knowing what you're playing against pretty well so you can optimize resource use).

That doesn't make the janky weird shit bad, I just don't like playing against decks that I have no idea how to play around.

Which is why I love running janky weird shit around Rank 20-15... Throws people for a loop when I show my "hand" early making them think that it is one deck only to switch it up halfway through and make them assume and lose.
    Ok, so I lose most of the time to the meta since it is a solid deck even with some misplays. But when I do win, it is usually pretty spectacular.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    I'm aware this is not that great an achievement, but after a win today, I was met by the pleasant achievement popping of winning 500 games as a Priest and thus got my first portrait.

All the more pleasant in that I completely stomped over a Quest Rogue (thank you Scaled Nightmare).

That's a huge achievement. So much so, that it is standard procedure to post a screen grab of your victory here.

I was playing on my phone at the time, and I was unaware that I could take a screenshot (I've just looked it up and seen there is a way). I was on a tea break of sorts at the time, but since I was at my desk, I'm aware it might look bad to someone passing by.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    The Black Knight has been a great tech choice in my Quest Warrior. It works well in the mirror to try to win on the back of the Rag hero power and it's awesome against Paladin.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't want to craft anything yet, till the meta stabilizes a bit, so I've mostly been playing Arena. I did put together that Beast Hunter deck someone posted a few days ago, since I more-or-less had everything for it and it's a cheap deck in general.

Wow, that deck just wrecks the ladder. I'm up from 18-ish (close to where I started this month) up to 13 in just a day of playing a bit during breaks. I think I've only lost twice? And one of those was a mirror, and the second was a disconnect.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I don't want to craft anything yet, till the meta stabilizes a bit, so I've mostly been playing Arena. I did put together that Beast Hunter deck someone posted a few days ago, since I more-or-less had everything for it and it's a cheap deck in general.

Wow, that deck just wrecks the ladder. I'm up from 18-ish (close to where I started this month) up to 13 in just a day of playing a bit during breaks. I think I've only lost twice? And one of those was a mirror, and the second was a disconnect.

Yeah I am absolutely loving that Hunter deck at the lower ranks. Even destroyed the hopes and dreams of a Pirate Warrior.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

I didn't read through all of it, but it's really listing Hemet as a safe Legendary to craft? Not sold on that

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

I didn't read through all of it, but it's really listing Hemet as a safe Legendary to craft? Not sold on that

I think if you want to play a Hemet deck he is very good. I don't think he is good if you don't want to play that kind of deck. It was an odd choice. I agreed with most of the other suggestions though.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

This is like how Dirty Rat was clearly an anti-aggro tool that has become the ultimate anti-control tool.

wow how quickly Loatheb is forgotten

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

deck thinning, kime

it's the way of the future

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Dirty Rat is amazing. Anyone who doesn't have 2x Dirty Rat needs them now.

Edit: Can you spectate someone during the drafting part of arena?

Kolosus on
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

I like HearthstoneTopDecks as a good resource for net-decking streamers and "pro" players. I'm not sold on their self-generated content.

I've seen some weird card substitions recommended by Evident when people ask for alternatives in comments.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options

He was an anti-Miracle tool that wasn't used for that but I don't remember him being in Miracle lists that often.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Is there a developer statement out there claiming Dirty Rat was intended as anti-aggro? Because it feels, at least, like he was always designed and intended as a combo-breaker.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Edit: Can you spectate someone during the drafting part of arena?

Nope. Best you can do if you want feedback on your drafting is to stream it and point someone to your twitch channel.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    What seems to decide the hunter mirror: Who gets to play first. The end

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

Or my burn deck uses it:

[img][/img]tech.gif

Guy was at 1 with Block up and I drew the Eater.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ronzo wrote: »

Yup!

True for all aggro vs. aggro matchups.

It's a real problem with no good solution.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Yeah I am absolutely loving that Hunter deck at the lower ranks. Even destroyed the hopes and dreams of a Pirate Warrior.

Lucikly you don't need a lot of the legendaries this time around. While the quests are cool you can easily forgo those. For the class cards, hunter's is neat, Paladin alright, Priest is fun, Rogue is interesting, shaman is alright, warrior can be a board clear with whirlwind. But out of those I don't think any really are defining in that you have to have it to make a deck run right.

For neutrals, elise is about the only one that would be above the others. Its safe and gives you 5 extra cards that may or may not help. hemet is cute in silly decks, voraxx is same way in some type of combo deck, Umbra works better in wild with all the deathrattles, and ozruk is mainly for elemental decks.

So I think for legendaries you are safe in holding off for long while.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options

Yup!

this transcends hearthstone into most card games

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Who?

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I think if you want to play a Hemet deck he is very good. I don't think he is good if you don't want to play that kind of deck. It was an odd choice. I agreed with most of the other suggestions though.

I think the main problem with a Helmet deck is that no cards exist that would take something in your hand and put it back in your deck. Then again, that might make him too powerful. I'd kinda like to try a helmet deck, but i know im the kind of guy thats going to get both his molten giants in his opening hand.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    azith28 wrote: »

I think the main problem with a Helmet deck is that no cards exist that would take something in your hand and put it back in your deck. Then again, that might make him too powerful. I'd kinda like to try a helmet deck, but i know im the kind of guy thats going to get both his molten giants in his opening hand.

There's Gang Up and Manic Soulcaster.

Edit: And Doomcaller, technically!

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Yup!

That's part of why I think there's not a good solution to be had, it's existed in like every similar system since forever and no one's solved it yet. The draw and the coin are the closest to a good solution I think, given that in Hearthstone the winrate difference for a given deck going first/second (across all matchups) is only 3%.

• Options
    Hearthstone Global Games is Taunt Warrior vs Taunt Warrior. This should take a while.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »

There's Gang Up and Manic Soulcaster.

Edit: And Doomcaller, technically!

gang up is in wild

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Yup!

That's part of why I think there's not a good solution to be had, it's existed in like every similar system since forever and no one's solved it yet. The draw and the coin are the closest to a good solution I think, given that in Hearthstone the winrate difference for a given deck going first/second (across all matchups) is only 3%.

in return to ravnica/theros standard you wanted to choose to go second in the boros burn mirror!!!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Yup!

It's not just card games, but really any turn-based system. Whoever has initiative has a huge advantage, one of the (many) things that peeved me off about competitive Pokemon is that you either needed to be in the top percentile for speed or have absolutely bonkers defenses (to survive being hit first) to be anywhere near viable, because being able to attack first is such a big deal. Or priority moves that bypass the speed system (goddamn scizor).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    It seems like T2 Dirty Rat was the right play and he didn't take it.

• Options

Yup!

in return to ravnica/theros standard you wanted to choose to go second in the boros burn mirror!!!

Well yeah, but generally speaking we're assuming at least one of the decks in the equation cares about creatures in some fashion. That's not always the case, but usually is, and it seems like both Hearthstone and MTG devs want to keep it that way.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Brawl this week is "An Ancient Recipe". You get to play the Un'goro class recipe for the class you choose. Not all of them are quests.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/66b4z5/tavern_brawl_this_week_an_ancient_recipe/

Kolosus on
  • Options

Yup!

Well yeah, but generally speaking we're assuming at least one of the decks in the equation cares about creatures in some fashion. That's not always the case, but usually is, and it seems like both Hearthstone and MTG devs want to keep it that way.

the deck i'm describing cared about creatures!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Yup!

But how many of those creatures had haste?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Yup!

But how many of those creatures had haste?

I'm gonna take a guess and say all of them except the ones that had tap: deal damage.