OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Woops I was thinking of miku, Namco owns im@s

Sega has chain chronicle, puyo and a bunch of sports stuff

Not to mention Yakuza.

Not the game series, the actual mafia.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The most I know of Fate/Stay is the "hero" cast and making Unlimited Blade Works jokes.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    carnival phantasm is Good and justifies the rest of the nasuverse

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Tsukihime remake when?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    hopefully never

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    hopefully never

Why do you hate Sacchin so much?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Considering their troubled history with consoles it's hard to overstate how well Sega has done in the mobile space

I'm kind of curious what the revenue streams of console/PC/handheld gaming pull in for them as compared to mobile; their mobile division has to be real strong, even with them having some significant hits on other platforms

I mean

They own the idolm@ster franchise, which had made 10 billion yen as of four years ago and is even bigger now

So I decided to try to look this up

https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/170206_3q_siryo_e_final_.pdf

Digital games make a lot more money for them than packaged games do. The numbers are inflated by Phantasy Star Online 2 being their highest-earning title, but I don't think there's a more granular breakdown of what earns them how much.

Related, slide 29 does give an indication of how much money the Japanese mobile market makes in general compared to the console market and that is really one-sided (overseas sales seem to be their only real moneymaker for console games and consoles in general)

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    The console numbers being what they are explains why so many eyes were on FFXV.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Hortensia saga is one of the few gachas I know of that has basically no western audience at all

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm crossing my fingers that the JoJo gacha is eventually localized.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I'm eyeing that Fist of the North Star pachislot
    I'm not being sarcastic, I'm curious about pachislot as a concept and like Fist of the North Star

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    I'm crossing my fingers that the JoJo gacha is eventually localized.

It's already in English
    Gotta have a line account to link it too and qooapp

• Options
    Also it's a monster strike clone and I'm not huge on them

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Also it's a monster strike clone and I'm not huge on them

Oh, is that like what that arcade minigame in FF15 was?

Yeah, I was not a fan of that.

EDIT: Also Japanes gachas that have official English translations are cool and all, but they're super inconvenient to install and keep updated on an iOS device. I've gotta switch accounts to the proper region every goddamn time.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I don't need a gacha that caters specifically to my chosen games/anime, I just need collabs. Lots of collabs. Never enough collabs. Get me Hellsing, get me Tower of God, get me Persona, etc. I won't be satisfied until I'm given a bullshit reason why my team has the protagonist of the game, Aizen from Bleach, Seras from Hellsing, and Ash from Pokemon all chilling out just because while beating up monsters.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    I don't need a gacha that caters specifically to my chosen games/anime, I just need collabs. Lots of collabs. Never enough collabs. Get me Hellsing, get me Tower of God, get me Persona, etc. I won't be satisfied until I'm given a bullshit reason why my team has the protagonist of the game, Aizen from Bleach, Seras from Hellsing, and Ash from Pokemon all chilling out just because while beating up monsters.

Ah, so you definitely want to be playing Puzzle and Dragons, then.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    i hope grand order does a mahoyo collab someday

aoko is the best, her incredibly vindictive sister is also the best

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Some day the Slayers collab will rerun in Granblue

As long as I keep believing

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Ah, so you definitely want to be playing Puzzle and Dragons, then.

4XUlxCSl.png
    oh he knows

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So I've been muddling through Dissida Opera Omnia lately. That's actually a pretty good game? Not translated unfortunately.

It's a gacha for equipment. Characters are unlocked via story chapters or events.

The fights are turn based using the Dissida system of using brave attacks and HP attacks. You can also launch enemies and wall slam them.

The story is the usual Dissida garbage but it works a bit better in a proper Jurp I think.

Also it has Y'shtola and I pulled her 5* weapon so it's basically the best game.

Also there is totally a dynasty warriors mobile gacha. Pull dem Chinese God generals.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i'm genuinely surprised how faithful an adaptation the dynasty warriors mobile game is

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    It's actually fun and the stages are a good size for what it is.

Also my luck there has been good and I actually have the team I want so that's kind of great. That doesn't usually happen.

Also the story is weirdly well told and actually goes over some stuff the main series sometimes glosses over. Except DW Next which might be the most complete telling of the story in the series.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    In a series full of old outdated shit that should probably be changed up

Egg quests in Monster Hunter are the goddamned worst

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    In a series full of old outdated shit that should probably be changed up

Egg quests in Monster Hunter are the goddamned worst
    I dunno. I'd rather have eggs than bulldromes.

• Options
    At least bulldromes die pretty quickly

Yeah, they're annoying, but god damn at least it takes a minute to kill them as opposed to 'doo tee doo I have to walk through every single area at a snail's pace so I don't drop this fucking egg'

and then after you drop the first one off the game's like 'oh lol you took the easy path, we're gonna block that off so you have to go through all these jaggis'

you can mitigate it a bit with food skills, but still. STILL

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Moriveth wrote: »
    At least bulldromes die pretty quickly

Yeah, they're annoying, but god damn at least it takes a minute to kill them as opposed to 'doo tee doo I have to walk through every single area at a snail's pace so I don't drop this fucking egg'

and then after you drop the first one off the game's like 'oh lol you took the easy path, we're gonna block that off so you have to go through all these jaggis'

you can mitigate it a bit with food skills, but still. STILL

Higher rank bulldromes are bullshit.

Practically non-stop motion and the whole body sends you flying. Traps or it'll take ages basically.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I've not really encountered higher rank bulldromes yet. That does sound annoying.

I was apparently actually thinking of bullfangos in the 'you can kill them quickly' category.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I've been muddling through Dissida Opera Omnia lately. That's actually a pretty good game? Not translated unfortunately.

It's a gacha for equipment. Characters are unlocked via story chapters or events.

The fights are turn based using the Dissida system of using brave attacks and HP attacks. You can also launch enemies and wall slam them.

The story is the usual Dissida garbage but it works a bit better in a proper Jurp I think.

Also it has Y'shtola and I pulled her 5* weapon so it's basically the best game.

Also there is totally a dynasty warriors mobile gacha. Pull dem Chinese God generals.

I hope Omnia gets localized. It looks interesting.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

brave exvius will probs not get a DQ collab in the global release because it does not do super well here

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

brave exvius will probs not get a DQ collab in the global release because it does not do super well here

Does Brave Exvius get collabs in general? I know FFRK skips 99% of them.

• Options

Does Brave Exvius get collabs in general? I know FFRK skips 99% of them.

sometimes yeah

not anywhere close to PAD though

• Options
    brave exvius had an event with ariana grande as an obtainable character which is an actual thing I just typed

also a seiken denetsu collab too

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    brave exvius had an event with ariana grande as an obtainable character which is an actual thing I just typed

also a seiken denetsu collab too

You mean Dangerous Ariana which is my OC, do not steal. She looks like Ariana Grande but is also the best at fighting and is single coincidentally.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    DQ11 has a skill board with nodes you unlock via skill points you get at level ups.

Each character has their own board.

Yes please.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    is it like the sphere grid?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Or the license board?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Oh man I am into that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Oh man I am into that.

I liked the sphere grid and the idea of the license board, but I didn't like the whole "you can't use this weapon/armor/accessory" unless you unlock the license aspect of it.

This discussion has been closed.